606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

27 - Idrissa Gana Gueye - Idris Elbows!!

+16
Knight of Thorgothshire
Gravy & Chips
Mr_Ben
Armchair
Sack the Juggler
The President
Da Judge
Lumper
Blue gazza
Super
RhinoJagz
Hinchcliffe Corner
hairy cataract
Made 4 Gwladys
Goodison_Gringo
SEFTON
20 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

27 - Idrissa Gana Gueye - Idris Elbows!! - Page 5 Empty Re: 27 - Idrissa Gana Gueye - Idris Elbows!!

Post  Lumper Tue 30 Jul 2019, 5:04 pm

Hinchcliffe Corner wrote:
Sack the Juggler wrote:just a general thought - why can't Delph play in Gueye's defensive midfield role?

I mean he is a hardworking professional, wants to do well for the club and himself, willing to play anywhere, can he fill this role for us?

I assumed that's why we bought Delph in the first place, as a replacement for Gueye.

I don’t know if he will be the replacement. Delph can play in the defensive midfield position but doesn’t cover as much of the pitch or tackle as much as Gueye. I still think that a replacement is needed. Delph’s strengths would be more like a midfielder brining the ball out of defense and opening up defenses.
Lumper
Lumper

Number of posts : 6841
Registration date : 2007-12-09

Back to top Go down

27 - Idrissa Gana Gueye - Idris Elbows!! - Page 5 Empty Re: 27 - Idrissa Gana Gueye - Idris Elbows!!

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sun 07 Jun 2020, 1:58 pm

Wolves are lining up a move to sign Paris St-Germain and Senegal's 30-year-old midfielder Idrissa Gueye.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1292344/Wolves-News-Man-Utd-Tottenham-Ruben-Neves-Idrissa-Gueye-Transfer
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74366
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Thu 06 Aug 2020, 6:19 pm

Have read some rumours that he's on his way back to GP ???

Number of posts : 40856

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Mon 01 Nov 2021, 7:41 am

Manchester United missed out on signing PSG and Senegal midfielder Idrissa Gueye, 32, last summer because they weren't able to make a firm offer with several players staying at the club.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Thu 28 Jul 2022, 3:07 pm

moved back to Transfer section as it sounds quite possible that IG is coming home

Sign him cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Thu 28 Jul 2022, 3:39 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:moved back to Transfer section as it sounds quite possible that IG is coming home

Sign him cheers

I heard he's a homophobe now?

27 - Idrissa Gana Gueye - Idris Elbows!! - Page 5 Father10
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Number of posts : 14755
Location : Milton Keynes - the Paris of the Northern Home Counties
Registration date : 2005-10-16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD8bsfggCuo&mode=related&

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Thu 28 Jul 2022, 4:16 pm

Looks like we might have replaced Idrissa Gueye, by signing...... Idrissa Gueye
Super
Super

Number of posts : 38095
Registration date : 2005-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Thu 28 Jul 2022, 6:19 pm

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:moved back to Transfer section as it sounds quite possible that IG is coming home

Sign him cheers

Father Ted? I need to try and find that on a streaming service, if available.

Edit: Never mind, looks like my local library has it on a 5-DVD set.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Thu 28 Jul 2022, 9:36 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:

Sign him cheers

Father Ted? I need to try and find that on a streaming service, if available.

Edit: Never mind, looks like my local library has it on a 5-DVD set.

Watch them all Thorg, it's very funny.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Sat 30 Jul 2022, 4:27 pm

OK, the never-go-back thing does not apply in this case.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Tue 02 Aug 2022, 9:23 am

Reliable sources (Peter Reid's Grandson) state IGG is having his EFC medical today 27 - Idrissa Gana Gueye - Idris Elbows!! - Page 5 Fotty

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Tue 02 Aug 2022, 9:48 am

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:Reliable sources (Peter Reid's Grandson) state IGG is having his EFC medical today 27 - Idrissa Gana Gueye - Idris Elbows!! - Page 5 Fotty
If he's as good as when he left, we'll have the Makelele role we've been missing since, well since he left.
Get Batman but leave Barklley and The L:mpo Kid will have done good.
Then go 442 with Gueye in front.
cheers
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Tue 02 Aug 2022, 10:18 am

Yankthattoffee wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:Reliable sources (Peter Reid's Grandson) state IGG is having his EFC medical today 27 - Idrissa Gana Gueye - Idris Elbows!! - Page 5 Fotty
If he's as good as when he left, we'll have the Makelele role we've been missing since, well since he left.
cheers

Interesting point - does having a proper shield in front of the defence, something we haven't had since the Idrissa/Barry days, give us the option to play a flat back 4 with a really solid CB partnership of Tarko and (when fit) Mina?

I still think we will go with a 3. But 442 when everyone's fit potentially gives us an extra creative player, with Dele playing off DCL and Gordon and McNeil wide. With those players the difference between 442 and 433 is only slight, and you can toggle between the two as required.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Tue 02 Aug 2022, 11:29 am

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
cheers

Interesting point - does having a proper shield in front of the defence, something we haven't had since the Idrissa/Barry days, give us the option to play a flat back 4 with a really solid CB partnership of Tarko and (when fit) Mina?

I still think we will go with a 3. But 442 when everyone's fit potentially gives us an extra creative player, with Dele playing off DCL and Gordon and McNeil wide. With those players the difference between 442 and 433 is only slight, and you can toggle between the two as required.

Are our full backs good enough defensively to play in a four? Neither Patterson nor Mykolenko have looked all that clever when players run at them.

I'd be delighted to see Gana back though, as I'm guessing we're not paying all that much for him. Sure, he's nearly as old as me, but he's still bound to be better than anyone else we've got. If he stays fit and we get a couple of seasons out of him, it delays the problem of finding a younger version until - hopefully - our recruitment team and coaching team has bedded in and we have got out of FFP trouble.

hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25858

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Tue 02 Aug 2022, 1:18 pm

hairy cataract wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
cheers

Are our full backs good enough defensively to play in a four?  Neither Patterson nor Mykolenko have looked all that clever when players run at them.  

I'd be delighted to see Gana back though, as I'm guessing we're not paying all that much for him.  Sure, he's nearly as old as me, but he's still bound to be better than anyone else we've got. If he stays fit and we get a couple of seasons out of him, it delays the problem of finding a younger version until - hopefully - our recruitment team and coaching team has bedded in and we have got out of FFP trouble.

With a back 3, I guess you need the wide CBs to have pace, like Walker.
If not your back 3 becomes 5?
Back 4 with Makelele's double is a system that most players have been using for most of their career.
We're not looking to reinvent the wheel are we, just getting safe enough to kick on to better things.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Fri 05 Aug 2022, 10:04 am

Everton are also pushing to complete a move to bring Idrissa Gana Gueye back to Goodison Park from Paris Saint-Germain, with the deal is at a very advanced stage.

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Wed 10 Aug 2022, 5:41 pm

27 - Idrissa Gana Gueye - Idris Elbows!! - Page 5 252932

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Wed 10 Aug 2022, 5:51 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:27 - Idrissa Gana Gueye - Idris Elbows!! - Page 5 252932

There are rumours that Idrissa Gana Gueye isn't sure about a return to goodison and waiting for better offer to come in ,as PSG want him out the door, Others suggest he's waiting for severance pay.

Make your own minds up.
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 10599
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Wed 10 Aug 2022, 6:24 pm

SEFTON wrote:

There are rumours that Idrissa Gana Gueye isn't sure about a return to goodison and waiting for better offer to come in ,as PSG want him out the door, Others suggest he's waiting for severance pay.

Make your own minds up.
now that we've signed Onana... and have Allan, Doucoure, Iwobi in his new CM role... plus others ...

...much as I like Gueye... if it was a straight which oldie do you want... between Gueye & Cavani ... I'd go for Cavani

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Thu 11 Aug 2022, 3:53 am

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
SEFTON wrote:

Make your own minds up.
now that we've signed Onana... and have Allan, Doucoure, Iwobi in his new CM role... plus others ...

...much as I like Gueye... if it was a straight which oldie do you want... between Gueye & Cavani ... I'd go for Cavani
I was just going to say, we need to start focusing on a striker. Gana might not really be at the top of the list of priorities I'd say.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Thu 11 Aug 2022, 8:56 am

Everton have switched sights to Red Bull Salzburg midfielder Mohamed Camara after hitting an impasse in talks for Idrissa Gana Gueye, reports the Daily Mail.

The Blues were thought to be at an advanced stage with a deal to bring back their former midfielder Gueye.

But Everton have been unable to find a mutual agreement with Paris St Germain and the 32-year-old so have now switched their attention to Camara, a 22-year-old Mali international.

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Thu 11 Aug 2022, 10:24 am

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:Everton have switched sights to Red Bull Salzburg midfielder Mohamed Camara after hitting an impasse in talks for Idrissa Gana Gueye, reports the Daily Mail.

The Blues were thought to be at an advanced stage with a deal to bring back their former midfielder Gueye.

But Everton have been unable to find a mutual agreement with Paris St Germain and the 32-year-old so have now switched their attention to Camara, a 22-year-old Mali international.

Right, I've done in-depth scouting on this one (well, the first 60 seconds of a YouTube bideo) and two things spring to mind: Firstly, he'd probably do okay in League One, and secondly if we do sign him we need to hide the fucking pies, he's a bit roly poly to say the least.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Thu 11 Aug 2022, 11:54 am

hairy cataract wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:Everton have switched sights to Red Bull Salzburg midfielder Mohamed Camara after hitting an impasse in talks for Idrissa Gana Gueye, reports the Daily Mail.

Right, I've done in-depth scouting on this one (well, the first 60 seconds of a YouTube bideo) and two things spring to mind:  Firstly, he'd probably do okay in League One, and secondly if we do sign him we need to hide the fucking pies, he's a bit roly poly to say the least.

I've done at least 3 and a half minutes of youtube scouting and he could be good but there was something about him that suggests he could also be the next Mohamed Besic.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15978
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge Thu 11 Aug 2022, 12:52 pm

Tonteau wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:

Right, I've done in-depth scouting on this one (well, the first 60 seconds of a YouTube bideo) and two things spring to mind:  Firstly, he'd probably do okay in League One, and secondly if we do sign him we need to hide the fucking pies, he's a bit roly poly to say the least.

I've done at least 3 and a half minutes of youtube scouting and he could be good but there was something about him that suggests he could also be the next Mohamed Besic.

@M4G…. Thoughts,….

The man who is prepared to wear a Shoite top IF, AND ONLY IF, you are prepared to cough the £25,000. Its true it was broadcast on National Radio!!
Da Judge
Da Judge

Number of posts : 9782
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://mlb.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Thu 11 Aug 2022, 3:58 pm

Da Judge wrote:
Tonteau wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:

@M4G…. Thoughts,….

Please don't get him started Rolling Eyes
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next