606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crystal Palace vs Everton

+15
Da Judge
Made 4 Gwladys
Knight of Thorgothshire
Armchair
SouthernSmugToffee
hairy cataract
Statman
Mr_Ben
RhinoJagz
Hinchcliffe Corner
Blue gazza
The President
Goodison_Gringo
Super
Gravy & Chips
19 posters

Page 11 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Crystal Palace vs Everton - Page 11 Empty Re: Crystal Palace vs Everton

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser Sat 31 Jan 2015, 4:56 pm

Such arrogance. Very Happy

Number of posts : 13161
Registration date : 2005-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sat 31 Jan 2015, 4:56 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:3 massive points..

but man were we shit....

coyb
Not sure how the hell we won that game. lol! lol! lol!
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74305
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? Sat 31 Jan 2015, 4:57 pm

Robles is growing on me. I need ointment Very Happy
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Number of posts : 17435
Registration date : 2006-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Statman Sat 31 Jan 2015, 4:58 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:

but man were we shit....

coyb

Who cares?   cheers cheers cheers
Statman
Statman

Number of posts : 7093
Registration date : 2005-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? Sat 31 Jan 2015, 4:59 pm

mid-table obscurity phew!
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sat 31 Jan 2015, 4:59 pm

Statman wrote:
Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:

but man were we shit....

coyb

Who cares?   cheers cheers cheers
Palace? Laughing Laughing
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinchcliffe Corner Sat 31 Jan 2015, 5:00 pm

Hinchcliffe Corner wrote:I'm going to say we'll sneak a 1-0 win

Stick with me lads, I'll lead us to the heady heights of 10th place with my mix of boring draws and 1-0 wins.
Hinchcliffe Corner
Hinchcliffe Corner

Number of posts : 2425
Registration date : 2006-01-27

http://www.phil-cooper.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? Sat 31 Jan 2015, 5:02 pm

So my shirt, mug and breakfast combination was enough. cheers Only problem is my mrs tries to throw this t-shirt out every time I put it in the wash.
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sat 31 Jan 2015, 5:03 pm

Hinchcliffe Corner wrote:
Hinchcliffe Corner wrote:I'm going to say we'll sneak a 1-0 win

Stick with me lads, I'll lead us to the heady heights of 10th place with my mix of boring draws and 1-0 wins.
Crystal Palace vs Everton - Page 11 Bowdown

Number of posts : 40814

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? Sat 31 Jan 2015, 5:04 pm

I think we'll kick on when we get McCarthy back. Him and Besic will terrorise Pool next week, assuming M4G stops slagging him off... Crystal Palace vs Everton - Page 11 Action-2
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Sat 31 Jan 2015, 5:05 pm

Good win, dug deep, mid-table mediocrity is a possibility.

We are awful to watch, just awful. Martinez has bought really badly and allowed a decent squad to become a shit one. We offer nothing up front because there's no creativity and no pace now that Baines and Coleman are scared to cross the half-way line. It's driving me nuts that everyone has sussed out our one style of play but Bobby still thinks we should play slow ticky tacky and fanny around at the back. Is he obstinate or just really really fucking stupid?

Dreadful season but at least, it seems, we won't go down to the Championship without a bit of a fight. Nil points from the next two games, so it was vital to win this. The only question for the next game is will the Shite humiliate us or just beat us?
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25826

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz Sat 31 Jan 2015, 5:06 pm

Its only when you look at table now you realise what a massive 3 points that was. 7 points clear of the drop but still 4 behind top ten. Hopefully thats the turning point. We will find out next week, thats for sure!

Number of posts : 26901
Registration date : 2006-01-22

http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Sat 31 Jan 2015, 5:07 pm

Big result. Jags and Stones makes a massive difference.

If we draw against the shite are we something like 49 games undefeated?
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Sat 31 Jan 2015, 5:11 pm

Looking at our remaining fixtures, I reckon we'll finish on around 46 points. Bottom half but not relegation.

Key fixtures are home to Leicester, away to QPR, home to Burnley, home to Sunderland. We have to win all of those and pick up draws at the likes of Stoke and Villa.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Sat 31 Jan 2015, 5:13 pm

hairberto cataract wrote:Looking at our remaining fixtures, I reckon we'll finish on around 46 points.  Bottom half but not relegation.

Key fixtures are home to Leicester, away to QPR, home to Burnley, home to Sunderland.  We have to win all of those and pick up draws at the likes of Stoke and Villa.

I wouldn't put us anywhere near relegation. I do think we can move onwards and upwards. The terrible Christmas run with others gaining over our misfortune doesnt help. I still think we have a top 6 starting XI. Our back-up is questionable.
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Sat 31 Jan 2015, 5:15 pm

Mr_Ben wrote:
hairberto cataract wrote:Looking at our remaining fixtures, I reckon we'll finish on around 46 points.  Bottom half but not relegation.

Key fixtures are home to Leicester, away to QPR, home to Burnley, home to Sunderland.  We have to win all of those and pick up draws at the likes of Stoke and Villa.

I wouldn't put us anywhere near relegation. I do think we can move onwards and upwards. The terrible Christmas run with others gaining over our misfortune doesnt help. I still think we have a top 6 starting XI. Our back-up is questionable.

You are, of course, joking?

hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Sat 31 Jan 2015, 5:22 pm

hairberto cataract wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:

No i think we do. Only exception is 1 winger. Our back 4 is very good. 2 in front should take shape with Besic and McCarthy. 11 - Barkley - Issue. Then Lakuka.

Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Back to top Go down

Post  Statman Sat 31 Jan 2015, 5:28 pm

Mr_Ben wrote:

Mr B has a point. Remember that this squad finished 5th last season. Agreed that this season has been a crock of shit but remember how well we played against Arsenal (before throwing it away). God knows how we get out of this but we do have a decent squad.
Statman
Statman

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Sat 31 Jan 2015, 5:38 pm

Statman wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:

Mr B has a point. Remember that this squad finished 5th last season. Agreed that this season has been a crock of shit but remember how well we played against Arsenal (before throwing it away). God knows how we get out of this but we do have a decent squad.

This squad, especially Pienaar, Ossie, Jags, Distin and Barry, were one year younger last season. We had two loanees playing for their career, one of whom has fucked off and the other of whom has turned to be not what we needed. We had a well drilled defence courtesy of Mr Moyes.  We had the opposition bamboozled for a while, but it didn't take long for them to suss out how to stop us - by making us play narrow and crowding us.  We have an okay squad, one that over-achieved last year because of a combination of Moyes solidity, and Bobby's tweaking that confused the other teams for a short while.

This squad is much, much weaker that last year's, even if it is largely the same players. And if the Shite's current squad are the comparison - and they aren't even in the top fucking six, like I say, you must be joking.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Statman Sat 31 Jan 2015, 6:39 pm

Statman wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:

This squad, especially Pienaar, Ossie, Jags, Distin and Barry, were one year younger last season. We had two loanees playing for their career, one of whom has fucked off and the other of whom has turned to be not what we needed. We had a well drilled defence courtesy of Mr Moyes.  We had the opposition bamboozled for a while, but it didn't take long for them to suss out how to stop us - by making us play narrow and crowding us.  We have an okay squad, one that over-achieved last year because of a combination of Moyes solidity, and Bobby's tweaking that confused the other teams for a short while.

This squad is much, much weaker that last year's, even if it is largely the same players. And if the Shite's current squad are the comparison - and they aren't even in the top fucking six, like I say, you must be joking.

You're just missing Fellaini aren't you? Go on, say it. It will make you feel better.
Statman
Statman

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Sat 31 Jan 2015, 7:31 pm

Statman wrote:
Statman wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:

You're just missing Fellaini aren't you? Go on, say it. It will make you feel better.

Tell you what, he'd fit right in to the way we play now. Absolutely no pace.

hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sat 31 Jan 2015, 8:16 pm

Bobby's been on the cocaine again....

"It was more than relief - it was real satisfaction. We carried a good threat and maybe we should have scored a second goal, but overall we defended with a lot of concentration and that made for a very pleasing performance."

Number of posts : 40814

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  SouthernSmugToffee Sat 31 Jan 2015, 9:35 pm

Great teams have to learn how to win 'ugly'.

Not good for the nerves though. Shocked
SouthernSmugToffee
SouthernSmugToffee

Number of posts : 3935
Registration date : 2008-01-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Sat 31 Jan 2015, 9:53 pm

SouthernSmugToffee wrote:Great teams have to learn how to win 'ugly'.

So do shit teams.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22502
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sat 31 Jan 2015, 10:02 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:Bobby's been on the cocaine again....

"It was more than relief - it was real satisfaction. We carried a good threat and maybe we should have scored a second goal, but overall we defended with a lot of concentration and that made for a very pleasing performance."
He's win the manager bullshit award of the season with Brenda as a close runner-up.

Bloody fooking phenomenal Bobby. Rolling Eyes
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next