606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everton 3 Aston Villa 0 (Jagielka, Lukaku, Coleman)

+16
Hinchcliffe Corner
Made 4 Gwladys
Yankthattoffee
Bryan
tadpole
RhinoJagz
Mr_Ben
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
SEFTON
Knight of Thorgothshire
The President
Helenqu
Barry Horne's Equaliser
Cahill the Great
Statman
Blue gazza
20 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

Everton 3 Aston Villa 0 (Jagielka, Lukaku, Coleman) - Page 7 Empty Re: Everton 3 Aston Villa 0 (Jagielka, Lukaku, Coleman)

Post  hairy cataract Mon 20 Oct 2014, 5:59 pm

Sack the Juggler wrote:
Hinchcliffe Corner wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
hairberto cataract wrote:
Sack the Juggler wrote:
Sack the Juggler wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:just watched the 20 minute highlights on the OS & it looks like we totally dominated.. in fact murdered them

Great to see the injuries returning.. Ross, Seamus, Alcopops, Gibbo, Pieman..

Luka's goal will do him the world of good as well.. all about confidence in that slot & hopefully he'll score a bagful now..

Fucking great...

COYB cheers
That's pretty much it.
I expected aerial bombardment, Stoke/Pulis style, but we were canny stopping their counter-attacking intent.
Coleman and Barkley reinvigorated the rest of them
If we can get all the injured up and running, we can push on and even threaten the top 4.
(Note to RM - Pl. give Eto'o more than 4 minutes)
I thought we looked good, but Villa were poor opposition so we should have looked good.  

Keeping a clean sheet against a side that has failed to score in their previous three outings shouldn't be difficult, but in the past (recent and last year) these type of sides have proved to be banana skins for us, but we made it look easy.  Their defence has also leaked goals against City, Arsenal and Chelsea, so it was good to be counted in that company, especially as their last win was 1-0 away to them across the park.

On the whole pleased with that win, even though Villa have slipped back into their last season form, it was a moral boosting win for us, and it was good to have Barkley and Coleman back - obviously worried that we play so badly without them, but lets hope that the new signings (Besic, Galloway?) will be up to speed soon and can step in to our style of play easily if we pick up injuries and suspension going forward.

Yes, the worry is that the Villa game just served to underline how thin the squad is this season. And part of the problem may be that there are players in our first choice team who aren't really performing either, so when we lose our best performers, we're double fucked.  I'm thinking of Lukaku in particular, obviously. Without Barkley and Coleman, we've looked quite poor going forward at times, because Lukaku offers nothing without someone like Barkley in the team.  And we only have one someone like Barkley - and that's Barkley. Ossie has been okay, Pienaar okay, but both of them are offering less than they were, because they're lightweight and they're getting older.  

Still, we look better than the Shite.  How the fuck are they top 5?
I'm not too worried by Lukaku's current form, apparently he is still getting his fitness back from the WC and that is my worry - how is he 7 weeks behind the fitness of the rest of the squad?  Our pre-season has been rubbish and I lay the blame for that squarely on Martinez, the number of players who have started the season unfit is pathetic, as is saying that our season starts in September.

And the fact that our neighbours are in the top 5 shows what an opportunity we have missed with the rest of the league being so poor.

We really need to knuckle down and keep everyone fit if we are to get anything out of this season.  Hopefully the pre-season shambles has been a lesson learned for Martinez, and the fact that we need quality, not quantity in the squad, to cover when we have injuries.

And that we need to keep hold of Barkley and Coleman!

Are you serious about Luka still being unfit after the world cup?  In October? Barkley played in the world cup, got a bad injury, has only just returned to training, and was more effective than Luka against Villa.  There's no way Luka's form can still have anything to do with the World Cup, or pre-season.  If he's carrying an injury, rest him and play Eto'o or Naismith in the lone striker role. If he's not carrying an injury, drop him because he's shite.
all this still not fit bollocks... when I was a lad I used to play league football Saturday after going out with the lads on a Friday & pulling a dog & eating sausage chips & curry on the way home at 1am... then league football sunday after going on the piss after Saturdays game... then darts on a Monday which you have to play pissed.. then football training followed by pool on Tuesday & I pay pool better when I'm pissed.. Wednesday I used to wash my hair & catch up on MOTD... Thursday was another pool league after football training & as I say I play pool better when I'm pissed... then back to Friday curry chips beer & dog time...

I was never tired... and I scored more than Lukaku...

fucking pussies the lot of 'em....

Sign M4G!

lol!
Baines says;

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/clean-sheet-important-three-points-7960931

“I personally didn’t feel any lag (after the World Cup), but Rom came back later than myself, Jags (Jagielka) and Ross (Barkley), so he started the season probably having only been with us a week.

“Bear in mind some of the other lads had been back training seven weeks, so in that respect it is only just starting to level out really and we hope we will get him scoring goals because he is vital for us.”

Didn't Mirallas come back same time as Rom? He was on fire til he got injured.  I think Leighton is talking bollocks, just trying to keep Luka's spirits up. There's no way in the world a player should take this long to recover from playing a couple of internationals, and there's no way it takes this long to get up to speed - like I say, it's taken Barkley a week after being out injured since August, so it's shite to cite him in comparison.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25826
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Everton 3 Aston Villa 0 (Jagielka, Lukaku, Coleman) - Page 7 Empty Re: Everton 3 Aston Villa 0 (Jagielka, Lukaku, Coleman)

Post  Armchair Mon 20 Oct 2014, 6:40 pm

Sack the Juggler wrote:
Hinchcliffe Corner wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Sack the Juggler wrote:
Sack the Juggler wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:just watched the 20 minute highlights on the OS & it looks like we totally dominated.. in fact murdered them

Great to see the injuries returning.. Ross, Seamus, Alcopops, Gibbo, Pieman..

Luka's goal will do him the world of good as well.. all about confidence in that slot & hopefully he'll score a bagful now..

Fucking great...

COYB cheers
That's pretty much it.
I expected aerial bombardment, Stoke/Pulis style, but we were canny stopping their counter-attacking intent.
Coleman and Barkley reinvigorated the rest of them
If we can get all the injured up and running, we can push on and even threaten the top 4.
(Note to RM - Pl. give Eto'o more than 4 minutes)
I thought we looked good, but Villa were poor opposition so we should have looked good.  

Keeping a clean sheet against a side that has failed to score in their previous three outings shouldn't be difficult, but in the past (recent and last year) these type of sides have proved to be banana skins for us, but we made it look easy.  Their defence has also leaked goals against City, Arsenal and Chelsea, so it was good to be counted in that company, especially as their last win was 1-0 away to them across the park.

On the whole pleased with that win, even though Villa have slipped back into their last season form, it was a moral boosting win for us, and it was good to have Barkley and Coleman back - obviously worried that we play so badly without them, but lets hope that the new signings (Besic, Galloway?) will be up to speed soon and can step in to our style of play easily if we pick up injuries and suspension going forward.

Yes, the worry is that the Villa game just served to underline how thin the squad is this season. And part of the problem may be that there are players in our first choice team who aren't really performing either, so when we lose our best performers, we're double fucked.  I'm thinking of Lukaku in particular, obviously. Without Barkley and Coleman, we've looked quite poor going forward at times, because Lukaku offers nothing without someone like Barkley in the team.  And we only have one someone like Barkley - and that's Barkley. Ossie has been okay, Pienaar okay, but both of them are offering less than they were, because they're lightweight and they're getting older.  

Still, we look better than the Shite.  How the fuck are they top 5?
I'm not too worried by Lukaku's current form, apparently he is still getting his fitness back from the WC and that is my worry - how is he 7 weeks behind the fitness of the rest of the squad?  Our pre-season has been rubbish and I lay the blame for that squarely on Martinez, the number of players who have started the season unfit is pathetic, as is saying that our season starts in September.

And the fact that our neighbours are in the top 5 shows what an opportunity we have missed with the rest of the league being so poor.

We really need to knuckle down and keep everyone fit if we are to get anything out of this season.  Hopefully the pre-season shambles has been a lesson learned for Martinez, and the fact that we need quality, not quantity in the squad, to cover when we have injuries.

And that we need to keep hold of Barkley and Coleman!

Are you serious about Luka still being unfit after the world cup?  In October? Barkley played in the world cup, got a bad injury, has only just returned to training, and was more effective than Luka against Villa.  There's no way Luka's form can still have anything to do with the World Cup, or pre-season.  If he's carrying an injury, rest him and play Eto'o or Naismith in the lone striker role. If he's not carrying an injury, drop him because he's shite.
all this still not fit bollocks... when I was a lad I used to play league football Saturday after going out with the lads on a Friday & pulling a dog & eating sausage chips & curry on the way home at 1am... then league football sunday after going on the piss after Saturdays game... then darts on a Monday which you have to play pissed.. then football training followed by pool on Tuesday & I pay pool better when I'm pissed.. Wednesday I used to wash my hair & catch up on MOTD... Thursday was another pool league after football training & as I say I play pool better when I'm pissed... then back to Friday curry chips beer & dog time...

I was never tired... and I scored more than Lukaku...

fucking pussies the lot of 'em....

Sign M4G!

lol!
Baines says;

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/clean-sheet-important-three-points-7960931

“I personally didn’t feel any lag (after the World Cup), but Rom came back later than myself, Jags (Jagielka) and Ross (Barkley), so he started the season probably having only been with us a week.

“Bear in mind some of the other lads had been back training seven weeks, so in that respect it is only just starting to level out really and we hope we will get him scoring goals because he is vital for us.”

Didn't Mirallas come back same time as Rom? He was on fire til he got injured.  I think Leighton is talking bollocks, just trying to keep Luka's spirits up. There's no way in the world a player should take this long to recover from playing a couple of internationals, and there's no way it takes this long to get up to speed - like I say, it's taken Barkley a week after being out injured since August, so it's shite to cite him in comparison.

Remember that fast players need extra recovery time. Brendan says so.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22502
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7