606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brendan Galloway

+18
Armchair
Goodison_Gringo
Sack the Juggler
The President
Tonteau
RhinoJagz
Barry Horne's Equaliser
Lumper
Yankthattoffee
Super
Cahill the Great
SEFTON
hairy cataract
Knight of Thorgothshire
Made 4 Gwladys
Helenqu
Luka Perfect
Blue gazza
22 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Brendan Galloway - Page 2 Empty Re: Brendan Galloway

Post  RhinoJagz Tue 15 Sep 2015, 5:34 pm

Mori Foo Gwladys wrote:certainly not complaining how good he is turning out to be, but .... I actually thought Garbutt was the better player out of the two

Well its likely that the long term plan is for Galloway to move inside beside either Holgate or Mori with Garbutt returning to left back. Assumed that Jagielka will be edging towards retirement/subs bench and Stones moves for mega money in coming year or two. Browning likely to replace Coleman who could likely move on for big money next year or two also too. At least the future looks promising at the back.

Number of posts : 26901
Registration date : 2006-01-22

http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Post  The President Mon 12 Oct 2015, 11:50 am

GALLOWAY ATTRACTS UNITED
Manchester United are keeping tabs on Everton's young left back Brendan Galloway, reports the Daily Mirror.
With Luke Shaw sidelined until at least March and with Marcos Rojo’s future at Old Trafford in doubt, Louis van Gaal is thought to be keen on Galloway.
The 19-year-old signed a five-year contract at Goodison Park when he joined Everton in 2014.

The President
The President

Number of posts : 11907
Registration date : 2005-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Mon 12 Oct 2015, 12:18 pm

The President wrote:GALLOWAY ATTRACTS UNITED
Manchester United are keeping tabs on Everton's young left back Brendan Galloway, reports the Daily Mirror.
With Luke Shaw sidelined until at least March and with Marcos Rojo’s future at Old Trafford in doubt, Louis van Gaal is thought to be keen on Galloway.
The 19-year-old signed a five-year contract at Goodison Park when he joined Everton in 2014.

It's ridiculous. We go the othe trouble of searching out young talent and prizing them from poorer clubs with decent money and higher wages and then richer clubs than us try and prize them off us with offers of more money than we paid and higher wages than we can afford. Very Happy
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15976
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Thu 10 Dec 2015, 6:47 pm

gotta be good news Very Happy

Brendan Galloway signs new Everton contract until June 2020

http://www.espnfc.com/everton/story/2749966/brendan-galloway-signs-new-everton-contract-until-2020

Number of posts : 40814
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Thu 10 Dec 2015, 6:47 pm

Mori Foo Gwladys wrote:gotta be good news Very Happy

Brendan Galloway signs new Everton contract until June 2020

http://www.espnfc.com/everton/story/2749966/brendan-galloway-signs-new-everton-contract-until-2020

Brendan Galloway - Page 2 Action-s
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22502
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  The President Mon 22 Aug 2016, 1:34 pm

Everton's 20-year-old defender Brendan Galloway has joined Tony Pulis and West Bromwich Albion on a season-long loan.

Having made just 21 appearances for Everton in the previous two seasons, Galloway is looking to gain some Premier League experience with the Baggies.
The President
The President

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler Mon 22 Aug 2016, 1:44 pm

The President wrote:Everton's 20-year-old defender Brendan Galloway has joined Tony Pulis and West Bromwich Albion on a season-long loan.

Having made just 21 appearances for Everton in the previous two seasons, Galloway is looking to gain some Premier League experience with the Baggies.
and its better than having him go to that shitehawk at Newcastle
Sack the Juggler
Sack the Juggler

Number of posts : 25877
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Mon 22 Aug 2016, 3:24 pm

The President wrote:Everton's 20-year-old defender Brendan Galloway has joined Tony Pulis and West Bromwich Albion on a season-long loan.

I'm surprised. I thought he would be 4th in line behind Jags, Williams and Mori. Perhaps Ronnie rates Holgate higher.
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodison_Gringo Tue 11 Apr 2017, 9:18 pm

Is back at Everton but not allowed to play for the first team Brendan Galloway - Page 2 Confused . Presumably part of the loan agreement but seems odd he's not allowed to play for the club that owns him.

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/2017/04/11/galloway-set-for-more-under23s-action
Goodison_Gringo
Goodison_Gringo

Number of posts : 4506
Registration date : 2005-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinchcliffe Corner Tue 11 Apr 2017, 9:36 pm

Brendan Galloway has been granted permission to play with Everton Under-23s for the remaining fixtures of the Premier League 2 campaign.

The 21-year-old defender, who joined West Bromwich Albion on a season-long in August 2016, will not be eligible to play in first-team fixtures for the Blues.

Sounds like he's still registered to play for WBA, but is allowed to play for our U23s as well.
Hinchcliffe Corner
Hinchcliffe Corner

Number of posts : 2425
Registration date : 2006-01-27

http://www.phil-cooper.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Wed 12 Apr 2017, 7:08 am

Disappointing that he only played 3 times for WBA, especially as we all rate him quite highly. Perhaps he would have been better off being loaned to a Championship team?
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinchcliffe Corner Wed 05 Jul 2017, 5:10 pm

Joined Sunderland on loan.

I guess Ronald thinks he's going to build a big enough squad to let him go and get some experience.
Hinchcliffe Corner
Hinchcliffe Corner

Number of posts : 2425
Registration date : 2006-01-27

http://www.phil-cooper.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler Wed 27 Sep 2017, 10:04 am

only their opinion, but it doesn't look like Brendan's loan career is going well

http://futnsoccer.com/2017/09/27/everton-man-proving-to-be-a-failure-during-another-loan-spell/

although to be fair to Brendan, Sunderland's defensive problems are way beyond his control
Sack the Juggler
Sack the Juggler

Number of posts : 25877
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

Post  The President Fri 12 Jan 2018, 6:55 am

Everton are considering recalling their 21-year-old England U21 left-back Brendan Galloway from his loan at Sunderland. (Liverpool Echo)
The President
The President

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Fri 12 Jan 2018, 12:50 pm

The President wrote:Everton are considering recalling their 21-year-old England U21 left-back Brendan Galloway from his loan at Sunderland. (Liverpool Echo)

He's a CB isn't he? I'd like to see Garbutt at LB - he's managed to score a few goals for the U21s this season and it's hard to believe he'll be any worse than Coco the Clown.
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  WellOilBeefHooked Fri 12 Jan 2018, 1:38 pm

Armchair wrote:
The President wrote:Everton are considering recalling their 21-year-old England U21 left-back Brendan Galloway from his loan at Sunderland. (Liverpool Echo)

He's a CB isn't he? I'd like to see Garbutt at LB - he's managed to score a few goals for the U21s this season and it's hard to believe he'll be any worse than Coco the Clown.

Always liked Luke and he covered that position last time Baines was out for a while so happy to see him prove himself again if called on
WellOilBeefHooked
WellOilBeefHooked

Number of posts : 1197
Location : Nantwich, Cheshire via Lydiate, Middlesbrough, Darlington, Didsbury and Stockport

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Fri 12 Jan 2018, 5:20 pm

WellOilBeefHooked wrote:
Armchair wrote:

Always liked Luke and he covered that position last time Baines was out for a while so happy to see him prove himself again if called on
I'd have thought recalling Penington from Leeds would be a better option... Williams is rapidly turning to shite & Pennington is damn strong if I recall....he's 22 now I think so it's time he made it really... or was binned

Number of posts : 40814

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Fri 12 Jan 2018, 5:30 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
WellOilBeefHooked wrote:
Armchair wrote:

I'd have thought recalling Penington from Leeds would be a better option... Williams is rapidly turning to shite & Pennington is damn strong if I recall....he's 22 now I think so it's time he made it really... or was binned

New back 4:

Garbutt...Galloway...Pennington...Kenny
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodison_Gringo Fri 12 Jan 2018, 6:13 pm

Armchair wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
WellOilBeefHooked wrote:
Armchair wrote:

New back 4:

Garbutt wasnt named in the squad by Koeman. not sure if he can be added after Jan?
Goodison_Gringo
Goodison_Gringo

Number of posts : 4506
Registration date : 2005-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge Fri 12 Jan 2018, 7:55 pm

Armchair wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
WellOilBeefHooked wrote:
Armchair wrote:

New back 4:

I actually think we should we working towards a central back 3 - with outstanding wingbacks shuttling up and down supporting defence and wingers...

In that light ... We have Holgate/Galloway/Pennington/Funes Mori taking 1 then 2 and finally 3 of the slots as they develop experience... as we blend them up we have Williams/Jagielka/Keane to be the guiding light... in the order I would go with Keane then Jags and finally Williams

Wingbacks.... Baines/Garbutt on the left.... Coleman/Kenney with Martino providing replacement cover either left or right... (preferably as little as possible)...

3 midfielders - from Rooney/Sigurddsson/Davies/Gueye/Schneiderlin/Banginime - the latter 3 are more defensive minded so 1 or 2 with the balance from the attacking midfielders..

leaving 2 up front DCL/Tosun/Sandro/Niasse (Walcott?) we probably need another striker... Vardy would be a good start...

The man who is prepared to wear a Shoite top IF, AND ONLY IF, you are prepared to cough the £25,000. Its true it was broadcast on National Radio!!
Da Judge
Da Judge

Number of posts : 9778

http://mlb.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge Fri 12 Jan 2018, 7:56 pm

Goodison_Gringo wrote:
Armchair wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
WellOilBeefHooked wrote:
Armchair wrote:

New back 4:

Garbutt wasnt named in the squad by Koeman. not sure if he can be added after Jan?

Yes he can..... the transfer window gives us a reset I think...

The man who is prepared to wear a Shoite top IF, AND ONLY IF, you are prepared to cough the £25,000. Its true it was broadcast on National Radio!!
Da Judge
Da Judge

Number of posts : 9778

http://mlb.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Mon 29 Jan 2018, 4:43 pm

Sky Sports wrote:GALLOWAY WANTS TO END LOAN

Brendan Galloway has told Everton he wants to end his loan at Sunderland and return to former club MK Dons for the rest of the season.

The 21-year-old defender has found the atmosphere at the struggling Championship club difficult and has played just four games at the Stadium of Light after since arriving last summer.

Sunderland have told him he is unlikely to play during the remaining months of the season, while he is not part of Sam Allardyce’s immediate plans at Goodison Park.
Super
Super

Number of posts : 38074
Registration date : 2005-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Sat 24 Jul 2021, 10:23 pm

Galloway joined Plymouth this week.

I wasn't on the board when we let him go to West Brom on loan but I was very surprised by the move at the time. He then went to Sunderland on loan, who ruined him, it seems. Then two years at Luton where he broke his kneecap, didn't play for about 18 months.

I have been wrong many times about young players who I thought would be stars when I first saw them, but who just didn't pan out (Dowell was the most recent one, I thought he'd be great, and I'll be very interested to see how he looks for Norwich this season.) But Galloway looked like he had established himself as, if not a star, then certainly a player worthy of a PL squad place. Hard to believe how far he fell in such a short space of time. I hope he stays fit and does well.

Never send players on loan to Sunderland, that's the lesson. They didn't do Tyias Browning any favours either (although he wasn't at Galloway's level.) Incidentally Browning is now known as Jiang Guangtai and plays for the Chinese national team... Brendan Galloway - Page 2 Confused
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Number of posts : 14697
Location : Milton Keynes - the Paris of the Northern Home Counties

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD8bsfggCuo&mode=related&

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sun 25 Jul 2021, 4:16 am

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:Galloway joined Plymouth this week.

I wasn't on the board when we let him go to West Brom on loan but I was very surprised by the move at the time. He then went to Sunderland on loan, who ruined him, it seems. Then two years at Luton where he broke his kneecap, didn't play for about 18 months.

I have been wrong many times about young players who I thought would be stars when I first saw them, but who just didn't pan out (Dowell was the most recent one, I thought he'd be great, and I'll be very interested to see how he looks for Norwich this season.) But Galloway looked like he had established himself as, if not a star, then certainly a player worthy of a PL squad place. Hard to believe how far he fell in such a short space of time. I hope he stays fit and does well.

Never send players on loan to Sunderland, that's the lesson. They didn't do Tyias Browning any favours either (although he wasn't at Galloway's level.) Incidentally Browning is now known as Jiang Guangtai and plays for the Chinese national team... Brendan Galloway - Page 2 Confused
I had to Google that, and yeah, Google agrees. Oddly enough.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74305

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Sun 25 Jul 2021, 7:52 am

Yeah thought Galloway looked like a natural replacement for Stones. I guess he never made it.
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum