606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hull Tigers 0 Everton 2 (McCarthy, Lukaku)

+17
Armchair
The President
RhinoJagz
hairy cataract
Yankthattoffee
Helenqu
Made 4 Gwladys
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
Albert
Barry Horne's Equaliser
Mr_Ben
Super
SouthernSmugToffee
Da Judge
Sack the Juggler
VenezuelaBlue
Goodison_Gringo
21 posters

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

Hull Tigers 0 Everton 2 (McCarthy, Lukaku) - Page 8 Empty Re: Hull Tigers 0 Everton 2 (McCarthy, Lukaku)

Post  RhinoJagz Sun 11 May 2014, 5:29 pm

With Arsenal winning their last 5 games we would have to won 12 in a row to get Champs League! Great season, some big highs and a few lows but all fears that Bobby would have made us too brittle proved unfounded.

COYBs Hull Tigers 0 Everton 2 (McCarthy, Lukaku) - Page 8 Action-s 

Number of posts : 26901
Registration date : 2006-01-22

http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Hull Tigers 0 Everton 2 (McCarthy, Lukaku) - Page 8 Empty Re: Hull Tigers 0 Everton 2 (McCarthy, Lukaku)

Post  Yankthattoffee Sun 11 May 2014, 5:32 pm

RM starts work on transfers at 6pm tonight.
A big hope that the EFC players have decent WCs, but not so good that it attracts the sharks and wolves.
Keep all what we have seen in the last 4 months, get the rest fit, get 4-5 really decent players in, and let's see what we can do in Europe.

btw, I hadn't realised that a barcodes win would have seen the Shyte go 3rd. Shame  Rolling Eyes 
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Sun 11 May 2014, 5:55 pm

Bluejagz wrote:With Arsenal winning their last 5 games we would have to won 12 in a row to get Champs League! Great season, some big highs and a few lows but all fears that Bobby would have made us too brittle proved unfounded.

72 points is an incredible return. People will talk about Citteh's title win and they were, for the majority of the season, purring like a Rolls Royce. People will talk about Pulis at Palace, where he not only exceeded all expectations but actually got them playing some good footie, not like he did at Stoke. People will talk about the Shite and how close they came, and they did play some great attacking football. But Citteh have depth throughout the squad that only billions can buy, and Palace are a mid-table side in a league that outside the top eight or so is mediocre, and the Shite have spent so much money over the past few years that they should always be in or around the top four and have consistently under-achieved.

Everton on the other hand have a minus spend in the transfer market over the past five years. Have consistently overachieved under Moyes. Have no big names in the team, and a wages budget half that of the likes of Liverpool and Spurs. To finish fifth with a points total that would have achieved top four in almost every other season is remarkable. Some people were wary of Roberto when he came in, but he's been fucking outstanding this season.

Team of the year, whatever the Shite-loving media pundits say.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25826
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz Sun 11 May 2014, 11:23 pm

hairberto cataract wrote:
Bluejagz wrote:With Arsenal winning their last 5 games we would have to won 12 in a row to get Champs League! Great season, some big highs and a few lows but all fears that Bobby would have made us too brittle proved unfounded.

72 points is an incredible return.  People will talk about Citteh's title win and they were, for the majority of the season, purring like a Rolls Royce.  People will talk about Pulis at Palace, where he not only exceeded all expectations but actually got them playing some good footie, not like he did at Stoke.  People will talk about the Shite and how close they came, and they did play some great attacking football.  But Citteh have depth throughout the squad that only billions can buy, and Palace are a mid-table side in a league that outside the top eight or so is mediocre, and the Shite have spent so much money over the past few years that they should always be in or around the top four and have consistently under-achieved.  

Everton on the other hand have a minus spend in the transfer market over the past five years.  Have consistently overachieved under Moyes.  Have no big names in the team, and a wages budget half that of the likes of Liverpool and Spurs.  To finish fifth with a points total that would have achieved top four in almost every other season is remarkable.  Some people were wary of Roberto when he came in, but he's been fucking outstanding this season.  

Team of the year, whatever the Shite-loving media pundits say.

Looking back on a few league tables over the last ten years, our points total sits very favorably. Would have got us second in one of the season. Don't know if its the all or nothing approach under Bobby but since we drew with West Brom on Jan 20th, we have gone 19 games (3 in the cup) without another draw, winning 12 and losing 7.

Dream scenario next season would be to play (and beat) Liverpool in knockout stages of Europa League. Very Happy 

Back to top Go down

Post  Statman Mon 12 May 2014, 12:38 am

I can't be arsed typing it but I know how it looks. Imagine that we had won those 3 games (Palace, Soton and Citeh) the final table would look a bit tight. We'd had got what we wanted and wouldn't have.
Statman
Statman

Number of posts : 7093
Registration date : 2005-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz Mon 12 May 2014, 9:29 am

Statman wrote:

I can't be arsed typing it but I know how it looks. Imagine that we had won those 3 games (Palace, Soton and Citeh) the final table would look a bit tight. We'd had got what we wanted and wouldn't have.

My point is we would have to have won every game since March to get 4th which was a lot to ask for any club. But to win 9 and lose just 3 on paper looks impressive. We got Palace in the middle of a superb run, an early go against a buoyant Soton knocked the stuffing out of us and the City game could have gone either way. Arsenals handy run it after we beat them and the return of Ramsey really swung it in their favour. Still it was great to destroy them at GP.

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Mon 12 May 2014, 9:31 am

Well-done Everton-Roberto Martinez great season.
European football at last , do us proud once again in the summer transfer window,lets make Champions League football a reality.
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 10591
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  The President Mon 12 May 2014, 10:09 am

Good end to a great season
We need to strengthen and move forward from this season
The President
The President

Number of posts : 11907
Registration date : 2005-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinchcliffe Corner Mon 12 May 2014, 10:57 am

A lot to be hopeful about. Our highest ever points total in the prem, normally enough points to get CL, a very positive goal difference (the most pleasing of the stats in my opinion), and euro footy next season (possibly straight in to the group stage if Le Arse win the cup).

I hope that now RM has had a season to really get to know the club, his transfer dealings will be top notch. I wouldn't be surprised to see Lukaku head back to Chelsea, but think we'll get someone just as good in to replace him (Personally, I'd love to see Wellbeck come in). I think we'll hang on to Barry and Deulofeu for another season too. If we have a good summer of transfer activity, I think we'll be able to compete in both the League and Europa next year.
Hinchcliffe Corner
Hinchcliffe Corner

Number of posts : 2425
Registration date : 2006-01-27

http://www.phil-cooper.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Statman Mon 12 May 2014, 1:45 pm

Bluejagz wrote:
Statman wrote:

My point is we would have to have won every game since March to get 4th which was a lot to ask for any club. But to win 9 and lose just 3 on paper looks impressive. We got Palace in the middle of a superb run, an early go against a buoyant Soton knocked the stuffing out of us and the City game could have gone either way. Arsenals handy run it after we beat them and the return of Ramsey really swung it in their favour. Still it was great to destroy them at GP.

And Palace got Everton in the middle of an even better run. We finished 5th and Palace finished 11th. We were at home and Palace were away.

My conclusion - we messed up big time.

Statman
Statman

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinchcliffe Corner Mon 12 May 2014, 1:56 pm

Statman wrote:

I think that's a little harsh.  Every team has the odd slip up during the season.  You can probably count the amount of times we threw points away on one hand (I'm not counting the run of draws at the start of the season, as Bobby was still finding his feet at that point.)  All the teams around us also threw away points at times during the season.  I think we deserved 5th, and Le Arse got 4th because of thier early season form.
Hinchcliffe Corner
Hinchcliffe Corner

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Mon 12 May 2014, 2:26 pm

Everyone ends up where they deserve to. We were fifth best team this season.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22502
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Mon 12 May 2014, 2:51 pm

Hinchcliffe Corner wrote:
Statman wrote:

I think that's a little harsh.  Every team has the odd slip up during the season.  You can probably count the amount of times we threw points away on one hand (I'm not counting the run of draws at the start of the season, as Bobby was still finding his feet at that point.)  All the teams around us also threw away points at times during the season.  I think we deserved 5th, and Le Arse got 4th because of thier early season form.
Or Gerrard has one.  cheers lol! 
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74305
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinchcliffe Corner Mon 12 May 2014, 3:52 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
Statman wrote:

Or Gerrard has one.  cheers lol! 

lol! Hull Tigers 0 Everton 2 (McCarthy, Lukaku) - Page 8 Action-s 
Hinchcliffe Corner
Hinchcliffe Corner

Back to top Go down

Post  Statman Mon 12 May 2014, 11:35 pm

Statman wrote:

I'm only referring to the Palace game. People keep saying that they were on a great run as if it was inevitable. We were on our best ever Premiership run and, being, the home team would have expected to win. Yes these things happen but I just don't get the 'they were on a great run' excuse.
Statman
Statman

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Tue 13 May 2014, 10:41 am

Statman wrote:
Statman wrote:

I'm only referring to the Palace game. People keep saying that they were on a great run as if it was inevitable. We were on our best ever Premiership run and, being, the home team would have expected to win. Yes these things happen but I just don't get the 'they were on a great run' excuse.

Its more to do with the teams they were getting results from , Beating Chesea-Everton-drawing with the shyte.
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 10591
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8