606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everton 2 Champions Elect 3 (Barkley, Lukaku)

+23
Knight of Thorgothshire
hairy cataract
Lumper
Super
Armchair
Barry Horne's Equaliser
The President
Goodison_Gringo
Blue gazza
Doc( Ninetoes )blue
callmebubbles
Helenqu
SEFTON
ToffeeDan
Tonteau
Albert
RhinoJagz
anticipate_the_pass
SouthernSmugToffee
tadpole
Sack the Juggler
WellOilBeefHooked
Dixie Land
27 posters

Page 12 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Go down

Everton 2 Champions Elect 3 (Barkley, Lukaku) - Page 12 Empty Re: Everton 2 Champions Elect 3 (Barkley, Lukaku)

Post  The President Sat 03 May 2014, 7:26 pm

F/T 2-3
We had a good go
Shame we couldn't get a win on the last home game

Well played lads
The President
The President

Number of posts : 11907
Registration date : 2005-10-16

Back to top Go down

Everton 2 Champions Elect 3 (Barkley, Lukaku) - Page 12 Empty Re: Everton 2 Champions Elect 3 (Barkley, Lukaku)

Post  hairy cataract Sat 03 May 2014, 7:26 pm

Final whistle. Still think the Shite will win the title though.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25826
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Sat 03 May 2014, 7:26 pm

FT  cheers cheers cheers 
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22502
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? Sat 03 May 2014, 7:26 pm

I feel dirty
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Number of posts : 17435
Registration date : 2006-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sat 03 May 2014, 7:29 pm

no shame in that victory defeat

Number of posts : 40814

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Sat 03 May 2014, 7:30 pm

Good display from the lads, City were lucky in the end. We didn't create as many clear cut chances as we could have though, which has been the story of the season in some ways. We need a smarter striker than Lukaku, and Barkley needs to learn his craft quickly - a brilliant goal but he doesn't really create that many opportunities for his team mates. Foo as an impact sub is okay, but McGeady offers more in some ways. I actually think we need to replace Mirallas with someone with just a bit more quality too. Then we'll have a side.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? Sat 03 May 2014, 7:38 pm

hairberto cataract wrote:Good display from the lads, City were lucky in the end.  We didn't create as many clear cut chances as we could have though, which has been the story of the season in some ways.  We need a smarter striker than Lukaku, and Barkley needs to learn his craft quickly - a brilliant goal but he doesn't really create that many opportunities for his team mates.  Foo as an impact sub is okay, but McGeady offers more in some ways.  I actually think we need to replace Mirallas with someone with just a bit more quality too.  Then we'll have a side.

+1  we coulda, shoulda, nicked it. Hart did very well. City will have to dig deep to replace the injuries though, that was probably their spine out.

mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser Sat 03 May 2014, 7:56 pm

hairberto cataract wrote:Final whistle.  Still think the Shite will win the title though.

I don't. Yes, City have some injuries, but both of their remaining games are at home. With the crowd behind them they should still have enough to beat Aston Villa and West Ham.

Number of posts : 13161
Registration date : 2005-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Sat 03 May 2014, 8:32 pm

Barry Horne's Equaliser wrote:
hairberto cataract wrote:Final whistle.  Still think the Shite will win the title though.

I don't. Yes, City have some injuries, but both of their remaining games are at home. With the crowd behind them they should still have enough to beat Aston Villa and West Ham.

City have got some incredible players but, and I know Lumper for one will disagree with me, a truly clueless manager. They are also displaying signs of "entitlement" - not real team spirit. If it was anyone else but the Shite, I'd want City to miss out because of their shortcomings despite spending so much money. I'd still rather Chelsea won it, even though City have played some lovely football and have one of the great players in Toure. Chelsea are a limited side, but have a handful of players who really do care, and a manager who is adept at getting the best from a not-great bunch of players. Pellegrini really should be sacked whatever happens, because his team should have cruised to the title, plus the number of niggly njuries they pick up is ludicrous - who is in charge of fitness/medical matters there? Ultimately the manager must take responsibility for not keeping a closer eye on it and rushing back Aguero before he was ready.

I really think either Villa or West Ham could prick the smug City bubble. If the Shite hold their nerve and pick up six points, they are my favourites to win it. I wouldn't even be surprised to see them scoring enough goals to overtake City on goal difference - perhaps four against Palace and at least six against the Barcodes.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser Sat 03 May 2014, 8:50 pm

hairberto cataract wrote:
Barry Horne's Equaliser wrote:

City have got some incredible players but, and I know Lumper for one will disagree with me, a truly clueless manager.  They are also displaying signs of "entitlement" - not real team spirit.  If it was anyone else but the Shite, I'd want City to miss out because of their shortcomings despite spending so much money.  I'd still rather Chelsea won it, even though City have played some lovely football and have one of the great players in Toure.  Chelsea are a limited side, but have a handful of players who really do care, and a manager who is adept at getting the best from a not-great bunch of players.  Pellegrini really should be sacked whatever happens, because his team should have cruised to the title, plus the number of niggly njuries they pick up is ludicrous - who is in charge of fitness/medical matters there?  Ultimately the manager must take responsibility for not keeping a closer eye on it and rushing back Aguero before he was ready.

I really think either Villa or West Ham could prick the smug City bubble.  If the Shite hold their nerve and pick up six points, they are my favourites to win it.  I wouldn't even be surprised to see them scoring enough goals to overtake City on goal difference - perhaps four against Palace and at least six against the Barcodes.

Happily, if it came to Goal Difference with both teams winning their last two games, the Shite would need to make up at least eleven goals on Man City (difference of nine currently, and at least one in each of their remaining 'wins'). I know what you mean about City though - when Kompany was talking about them possibly winning all four competitions that they were in I was thinking that would represent the end of what little bit of competitive football remains and really hoped they wouldn't do it. I truly hope they, and nobody else, ever does achieve that.

I still think they'll win their last two home games though. Man City's home record is phenomenal - won 15 out of 17, only lost to Chelsea but did recently stutter with a draw with Sunderland - how recent it was is maybe a concern although Sunderland have been pretty formidable opponents recently. Can't see Villa offering any such threat whatsoever and West Ham blow hot and cold and bubbles.

Number of posts : 13161
Registration date : 2005-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Sun 04 May 2014, 1:10 am

The media seemed like they have been reading each others notes about a "strange atmosphere" at GP.
Sounded pretty damn good to me.
Our back line was a bit messy today.
Strange that RM would choose such a game to try a radical 3-6-1.
I can't figure out if Alcatraz is cool or crap? Likewise for Big Luke.
What caused Dzeko to hit the turf in the first place? I didn't see anything untoward, and I thought the ref wanted us to carry on and leave him down. Being us of course, we played Marquis of Queensbury, while every Sky team play WWE.
Decent performance and showed some spirit, and Barks got himself on the Rio flight?
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Sun 04 May 2014, 7:57 am

Alacraz was poor yesterday. I didn't see the Soton game so can't comment on that one but I thought he has looked good in other games.
Dzeko just slipped and hurt his elbow. There was nothing wrong with his legs so the ref was right to insist he walked off the pitch for treatment. Given that he wasted 4+ mins of time, I think a yellow was the least he deserved.
I'm sure Barkley will go to Brazil but I suspect Hodgson will stick with the tried and tested (and failed) midfield of Gerrard and Lampard.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22502
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Sun 04 May 2014, 10:30 am

http://metro.co.uk/2014/05/04/why-liverpool-will-not-forget-evertons-half-hearted-efforts-against-manchester-city-4717621/
Super
Super

Number of posts : 38074
Registration date : 2005-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Lumper Sun 04 May 2014, 10:42 am

Super wrote:http://metro.co.uk/2014/05/04/why-liverpool-will-not-forget-evertons-half-hearted-efforts-against-manchester-city-4717621/

Don't think we'd have gotten a mention if we'd won? What a tosser that lad is.
Lumper
Lumper

Number of posts : 6833
Registration date : 2007-12-09

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Sun 04 May 2014, 11:59 am

Lumper wrote:
Super wrote:http://metro.co.uk/2014/05/04/why-liverpool-will-not-forget-evertons-half-hearted-efforts-against-manchester-city-4717621/

He's just another bitter RS making a twat of himself.  The only people in the world who think the Everton players didn't try are those deluded badge-wearers. The only surprise is that the tedious cunt didn't finish his blog with YNWA JFT96.    I hope Palace beat them with a 99th minute header by the ref.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sun 04 May 2014, 12:04 pm

Lumper wrote:

He's just another bitter RS making a twat of himself.  The only people in the world who think the Everton players didn't try are those deluded badge-wearers. The only surprise is that the tedious cunt didn't finish his blog with YNWA JFT96.    I hope Palace beat them with a 99th minute header by the ref.
So let's get this right.. we dominate large parts of the game & score 2 good goals against the champions elect.. but we didn't try hard enough.. on that basis I'd better get to the bookies pronto & put a few hundred on us winning the prem next season when we do try.

Deluded red shite cunt...

anyway .. so fucking what.. I'm delighted we have not helped those slab thowing gobshite arseholes in any way shape or form .. we have secured 5th & that is a great return for the season... fuck 'em

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Sun 04 May 2014, 1:53 pm

Made FooFoo Gwladys wrote:
Lumper wrote:

So let's get this right.. we dominate large parts of the game & score 2 good goals against the champions elect.. but we didn't try hard enough.. on that basis I'd better get to the bookies pronto & put a few hundred on us winning the prem next season when we do try.

anyway .. so fucking what.. I'm delighted we have not helped those slab thowing gobshite arseholes in any way shape or form .. we have secured 5th & that is a great return for the season... fuck 'em
He says Gobshytes won't forget this, although they conveniently forget 1985 to 1988
and we're the bitter ones huh?
There's a chance that they've fecked it up and partly due to Stevie Me "slipping on his arse" so the deluded ones revert to type, and somebody else has to shoulder the blame.
This crowd atmosphere is being spoken about so much that the media are clearly working on the tried and trusted politician's forte of saying something so often that it becomes the truth.
(and on flag day did you notice that the EFC management had forgotten that "we don't do flags!"
Rapid Robby went over our heads though)
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sun 04 May 2014, 2:38 pm

I read this morning in one of Sweden's largest newspapers that the Everton players tried, but only one tried all out and that was Barkley because he was trying to secure a ticket to Brazil. Now, the players tried hard and the Liverpool implications more than likely didn't effect them much, but the crowd surely did. The reporter writes that normally Goodison is rocking, but that was not at all the case yesterday, and that probably effected the players more than anything.

Last edited by Knight of Thorgothshire on Sun 04 May 2014, 2:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74305

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sun 04 May 2014, 2:43 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:
Made FooFoo Gwladys wrote:
Lumper wrote:

He says Gobshytes won't forget this, although they conveniently forget 1985 to 1988
and we're the bitter ones huh?
There's a chance that they've fecked it up and partly due to Stevie Me "slipping on his arse" so the deluded ones revert to type, and somebody else has to shoulder the blame.
This crowd atmosphere is being spoken about so much that the media are clearly working on the tried and trusted politician's forte of saying something so often that it becomes the truth.
(and on flag day did you notice that the EFC management had forgotten that "we don't do flags!"
Rapid Robby went over our heads though)
Steve Gerrard Gerrard... he slipped on his fucking arse... and gave it to Demba Ba... Steve Gerrard Gerrard

love it  Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Sun 04 May 2014, 2:45 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:I rad this morning on one of Sweden's largest newspapers that the Everton players tried, but only one tried all out and that was Barkley because he was trying to secure a ticket to Brazil. Now, the players tried hard and the Liverpool implications more than likely didn't effect them much, but the crowd surely did. The reporter writes that normally Goodison is rocking, but that was not at all the case yesterday, and that probably effected the players more than anything.
We reduced City to few real chances, but they happen to have 3-4 world class players, which is why they'll score 100 goals this season and possibly win the title.
I don't suppose that Nais was trying very hard when Hart tipped his shot around the corner on 46 minutes?
When Foofoo hit the side netting. Maybe he should have gone for a Suarez/Dkeko style penalty, he had 2 opportunities to do some simulation on that quick dash.
As for the atmosphere, were any of these reporters at the game, or did they watch their TVs, with the microphones closer to the Citteh fans than Gladdy?
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? Sun 04 May 2014, 3:38 pm

my feed dropped for 5 minutes so I put the evertonfc radio feed on and it sounded loud enough, and a mate took his city-supporting daughter into upper Gladdy and she said it was buzzing
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Back to top Go down

Post  Statman Sun 04 May 2014, 4:52 pm

Lifelong Liverpool fan writing in a London rag. Quelle surprise!

Liked this line 'It’s not very often you see unhappy Reds supporters on a day when both Manchester United and Everton lose, but this was one of those days'.

Not bitter though. Only Everton fans are bitter (allegedly).

Statman
Statman

Number of posts : 7093
Registration date : 2005-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12