606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everton 2 Hull 1 (Barry, Pienaar)

+18
Michael Crosby S74
RhinoJagz
Goodison_Gringo
Mr_Ben
hairy cataract
Helenqu
Made 4 Gwladys
Lumper
Statman
Knight of Thorgothshire
Bryan
Dixie Land
Da Judge
The President
SEFTON
Hinchcliffe Corner
Barry Horne's Equaliser
Blue gazza
22 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

Everton 2 Hull 1 (Barry, Pienaar) - Page 7 Empty Re: Everton 2 Hull 1 (Barry, Pienaar)

Post  Goodison_Gringo Sat 19 Oct 2013, 6:24 pm

Mr_Ben wrote:
Helenqu wrote:
Made FooFoo Gwladys wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:As someone said on Toffeepleb, Kone was bought to be our main striker.  Now that is really fucking scary.
While I am happy with Martinez I think... his purchases have been awful

Kone - shite
McCarthy - way overpriced// average
Alcatraz - sicknote
Roble - ok as a backup... but I could even do that job 99% of the time

loans are very good... foofoo, Barry & Luka ... but they aren't our players are they
I think McCarthy will come good for us, he's still only young and he worked his socks off today. The Kone and Alcatraz I agree with you. Overall at the moment we have occasionally wonderful, purple patches of play that we rarely had under Moyes and that's really encouraging. We are like an unfinished jigsaw puzzle with bits of sky and grass missing but you can see what the picture should be Smile

I thought McCarthy looked good today. Glad we have him.

Kone is poor. I hope he can find the net.

HOWEVER if Kone gets a game before Jelavic. Then please see my original comment on Jelavic.
Double treble agree. I think McCarthy will be really good. We'll all be singing his praises over the next few years.

Kone will never be a Lukaku but he can only improve. That miss today stank off someone trying too hard to please. He must be really low on confidence. He does however seem to move around a lot more than Jelavic. I'm optimistic he will eventually justify the £6m.
Goodison_Gringo
Goodison_Gringo

Number of posts : 4509
Registration date : 2005-10-18

Back to top Go down

Everton 2 Hull 1 (Barry, Pienaar) - Page 7 Empty Re: Everton 2 Hull 1 (Barry, Pienaar)

Post  RhinoJagz Sun 20 Oct 2013, 12:02 pm

Both Barry tackles looked bad. Whilst neither was malicious, he went over the ball on both occasions catching the man. Both should at least have been yellow, the second perhaps a red. Lucky boy. Plus getting a touch off Mirallas goal in an offside position, he wont be on Bruce's christmas card list!
Fantastic touch by Pienaar after been out for so long and straight after coming on. Last season that could easily have been a draw as Moyes would possibly have made some defensive substitutions drawing them onto us. You can tell Kone is low in confidence or trying too hard. A more relaxed striker would have guided that into the net. He kind of lashed at it to take it onto the bar.

Number of posts : 26901
Registration date : 2006-01-22

http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Sun 20 Oct 2013, 3:48 pm

The disappointment was Big Luke. Didn't really figure after than fine shoulder charge after 2 minutes. Are we expecting too much from 17 and 20 when both are still so young and inexperienced? Tired after WC games?
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz Sun 20 Oct 2013, 7:21 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:The disappointment was Big Luke.  Didn't really figure after than fine shoulder charge after 2 minutes. Are we expecting too much from 17 and 20 when both are still so young and inexperienced?  Tired after WC games?
Had that feeling before the game that there would be alot of drained players coming back after International break, adding in the factor of celebrating/disappointment over World Cup qualification. Therefore a well drilled and largely rested Hull would be a tougher challenge then we might have expected. To get 3 points then, regardless of performance was most welcome. Time for focus on next week and we move on.

Number of posts : 26901
Registration date : 2006-01-22

http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Crosby S74 Sun 20 Oct 2013, 8:00 pm

I wish they would stop messing about with it at the back, Hull pushed up and they made so many mistakes, i'm not saying hoof it and playing it out from the back is fine, but mix it up a bit!.

Number of posts : 28054
Registration date : 2005-10-13

http://www.myspace.com/mtcefc

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Mon 21 Oct 2013, 3:07 pm

Michael Crosby S74 wrote:I wish they would stop messing about with it at the back, Hull pushed up and they made so many mistakes, i'm not saying hoof it and playing it out from the back is fine, but mix it up a bit!.
Peanuts goal was the result of a hoof to Big Luke to nod on. The difference from last year was that there were players forward of Lukaku to pick up his lay-off.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Mon 21 Oct 2013, 3:27 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:
Michael Crosby S74 wrote:I wish they would stop messing about with it at the back, Hull pushed up and they made so many mistakes, i'm not saying hoof it and playing it out from the back is fine, but mix it up a bit!.
Peanuts goal was the result of a hoof to Big Luke to nod on.  The difference from last year was that there were players forward of Lukaku to pick up his lay-off.
As were the three goals against Newcastle...and the one against the Chavs if memory serves me correctly.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22536
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Tue 22 Oct 2013, 1:20 am

Armchair Evertonian wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
Peanuts goal was the result of a hoof to Big Luke to nod on.  The difference from last year was that there were players forward of Lukaku to pick up his lay-off.
As were the three goals against Newcastle...and the one against the Chavs if memory serves me correctly.
So Tikki Takki is Shitti Shatti.
New tactic from Barcelona is - Give it the welly
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Tue 22 Oct 2013, 10:34 am

Yankthattoffee wrote:
Do you mean they were all the result of lumps up the pitch? The one against Chelsea was the result of a great move with about 12 passes, a great cross, and a header back across goal. One against Newcastle was a proper lump, the others were clearances which still needed several good passes to make the goal. It does suggest that getting the ball from the back through midfield with enough pace to give us a chance to score is a problem at the moment, but I think that will come.

The biggest difference from last season is that we've got Lukaku instead of Jelavic.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15978
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler Tue 22 Oct 2013, 10:48 am

Tonteau wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
Do you mean they were all the result of lumps up the pitch? The one against Chelsea was the result of a great move with about 12 passes, a great cross, and a header back across goal. One against Newcastle was a proper lump, the others were clearances which still needed several good passes to make the goal. It does suggest that getting the ball from the back through midfield with enough pace to give us a chance to score is a problem at the moment, but I think that will come.

The biggest difference from last season is that we've got Lukaku instead of Jelavic.
which will be the biggest difference next season... except in reverse or maybe with Kone instead of Jelavic.

Actually, despite my misgivings and Kone's misses, I reckon he will come good, he is getting in the right positions and his movement is improving - he just needs to get in a groove - hopefuly with a hattrick against villa
Sack the Juggler
Sack the Juggler

Number of posts : 25877
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Tue 22 Oct 2013, 10:55 am

Sack the Juggler wrote:
Tonteau wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:

which will be the biggest difference next season... except in reverse or maybe with Kone instead of Jelavic.

Actually, despite my misgivings and Kone's misses, I reckon he will come good, he is getting in the right positions and his movement is improving - he just needs to get in a groove - hopefuly with a hattrick against villa
Aside from the fact he won't be here next year, the biggest problem with Lukaku - if you can call it a problem - is that he offers us the 'out ball' because his hold up/link up play is so good we know we can hit him with it and he'll make soemthing of it 70-80% of the time. If we get used to playing that way, when he leaves we'll still be looking for it next season and Jelavic, despite being 6'2", just can't hold the ball up like that. Knoe's not that kind of striker, either.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15978
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7