606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

9. Arouna Kone - the curse of the 9 shirt and a bad haircut

+32
Gravy & Chips
Mr_Ben
Yankthattoffee
Tonteau
SEFTON
Barry Horne's Equaliser
Doc( Ninetoes )blue
Super
Knight of Thorgothshire
Statman
Goodison_Gringo
Armchair
Sack the Juggler
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
RhinoJagz
Da Judge
Dixie Land
The President
Blue gazza
Merseyblue
Cahill the Great
Helenqu
VenezuelaBlue
Albert
Lumper
tadpole
SouthernSmugToffee
Gazbow
Synth_fg®
anticipate_the_pass
ToffeeDan
Luka Perfect
36 posters

Page 11 of 17 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17  Next

Go down

9. Arouna Kone - the curse of the 9 shirt and a bad haircut - Page 11 Empty Re: 9. Arouna Kone - the curse of the 9 shirt and a bad haircut

Post  Sack the Juggler Thu 11 Sep 2014, 11:56 am

Super wrote:@Everton: Martinez says Arouna Kone played 55 minutes in a behind closed doors friendly but hasn't given a date on the Ivorian's return #WBAvEFC
took a knock apparently

9. Arouna Kone - the curse of the 9 shirt and a bad haircut - Page 11 F_whistl
Sack the Juggler
Sack the Juggler

Number of posts : 25877
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

9. Arouna Kone - the curse of the 9 shirt and a bad haircut - Page 11 Empty Re: 9. Arouna Kone - the curse of the 9 shirt and a bad haircut

Post  SEFTON Thu 11 Sep 2014, 1:38 pm

Sack the Juggler wrote:
Super wrote:@Everton: Martinez says Arouna Kone played 55 minutes in a behind closed doors friendly but hasn't given a date on the Ivorian's return #WBAvEFC
took a knock apparently

9. Arouna Kone - the curse of the 9 shirt and a bad haircut - Page 11 F_whistl

He's been taking them mentally & physically since he arrived. cheers
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 10591
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Thu 11 Sep 2014, 2:44 pm

Super wrote:@Everton: Martinez says Arouna Kone played 55 minutes before coming off injured in a behind closed doors friendly but hasn't given a date on the Ivorian's return #WBAvEFC
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22501
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Thu 11 Sep 2014, 4:27 pm

Armchair wrote:
Super wrote:@Everton: Martinez says Arouna Kone played 55 minutes before coming off injured in a behind closed doors friendly but hasn't given a date on the Ivorian's return #WBAvEFC
I assume this is a wind up. If not.... ARE YOU FOOKING KIDDING ME!!!???? Rolling Eyes Evil or Very Mad
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74305
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Thu 11 Sep 2014, 4:34 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
Armchair wrote:
I assume this is a wind up. If not.... ARE YOU FOOKING KIDDING ME!!!???? Rolling Eyes Evil or Very Mad

Yes.

Although it may be true Very Happy
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Thu 11 Sep 2014, 4:44 pm

Armchair wrote:
Armchair wrote:

Yes.

lol! 9. Arouna Kone - the curse of the 9 shirt and a bad haircut - Page 11 Action-s 9. Arouna Kone - the curse of the 9 shirt and a bad haircut - Page 11 Action-2 Bastard. Laughing
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Thu 11 Sep 2014, 5:38 pm

Armchair wrote:
Armchair wrote:

Yes.

lol! 9. Arouna Kone - the curse of the 9 shirt and a bad haircut - Page 11 Action-s 9. Arouna Kone - the curse of the 9 shirt and a bad haircut - Page 11 Action-2 Bastard. Laughing

Both Arouna Kone and  Oviedo have started full training, both expected to be part of Roberto Martinez squad 2nd October 2014. cheers
Oviedo's baby not expected to be due, until he finds a lovely innocent Scouse woman . cheers
SEFTON
SEFTON

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Thu 25 Sep 2014, 10:22 pm

Can you spot who is missing from this list ? 9. Arouna Kone - the curse of the 9 shirt and a bad haircut - Page 11 295966

http://www.evertonfc.com/teams/injuries-suspensions

Number of posts : 40811

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Fri 26 Sep 2014, 3:10 am

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:Can you spot who is missing from this list ?  9. Arouna Kone - the curse of the 9 shirt and a bad haircut - Page 11 295966

http://www.evertonfc.com/teams/injuries-suspensions
It's almost surreal, isn't it!?

He'll be like a new signing...
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Fri 26 Sep 2014, 7:59 am

So Coleman-Pienaar-dare I say It'' Kone'' all available for the derby? Or match fitness could be a problem ?
SEFTON
SEFTON

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Fri 26 Sep 2014, 1:10 pm

POLLYANNA wrote:So Coleman-Pienaar-dare I say It'' Kone'' all available for the derby? Or match fitness could be a problem ?
Coleman's match fitness ought to be quite a bit better than Pienaar. Kone can't be very close to full match fitness.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser Fri 26 Sep 2014, 1:14 pm

POLLYANNA wrote:So Coleman-Pienaar-dare I say It'' Kone'' all available for the derby? Or match fitness could be a problem ?
Coleman's match fitness ought to be quite a bit better than Pienaar. Kone can't be very close to full match fitness walking.

Number of posts : 13161
Registration date : 2005-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Fri 26 Sep 2014, 6:05 pm

Barry Horne's Equaliser wrote:
Coleman's match fitness ought to be quite a bit better than Pienaar. Kone can't be very close to full match fitness walking.

Is he still breast feeding? bounce
SEFTON
SEFTON

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sat 27 Sep 2014, 3:00 pm

Since Robbie didn't even have Kone on the bench today... I can only conclude he will lead the line in Russia 9. Arouna Kone - the curse of the 9 shirt and a bad haircut - Page 11 F_whistl

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Sat 27 Sep 2014, 3:16 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:Since Robbie didn't even have Kone on the bench today... I can only conclude he will lead the line in Russia 9. Arouna Kone - the curse of the 9 shirt and a bad haircut - Page 11 F_whistl

We had Lakuka and Naismith starting. So it would be very unlikely that we would need 2 strikers on the bench.

Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Thu 09 Oct 2014, 2:51 pm

Kone admits that his long rehabilitation has been "a really trying time", particularly given that he is still unsure when he will be 100% fit. The striker, a £6m acquisition from Roberto Martinez's former club, Wigan Athletic, last summer, is still feeling some pain in his knee and that is holding back his return.

"The worst thing has been the uncertainty about the injury and never quite knowing when I would be able to come back," the 30-year-old told evertonfc.com. “You continue training and working hard but in the back of your mind, you don't know when you are going to be fully recovered.

"In a way, it's worse than something like a break or a ligament injury where you know you have a finite time where you can assess the period of recovery. At least you have a date to aim for.

“I would say I am at 70 per cent now in terms of the pain I am still feeling — I have got a slight twinge of pain from the injury.

“I can't stress enough how really keen I am to be back playing,” he added. “I am desperate to regain full fitness and be back out on the field."

Can't we just shoot him?
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25826

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Thu 09 Oct 2014, 3:15 pm

hairberto cataract wrote:
Kone admits that his long rehabilitation has been "a really trying time", particularly given that he is still unsure when he will be 100% fit. The striker, a £6m acquisition from Roberto Martinez's former club, Wigan Athletic, last summer, is still feeling some pain in his knee and that is holding back his return.

"The worst thing has been the uncertainty about the injury and never quite knowing when I would be able to come back," the 30-year-old told evertonfc.com. “You continue training and working hard but in the back of your mind, you don't know when you are going to be fully recovered.

"In a way, it's worse than something like a break or a ligament injury where you know you have a finite time where you can assess the period of recovery. At least you have a date to aim for.

“I would say I am at 70 per cent now in terms of the pain I am still feeling — I have got a slight twinge of pain from the injury.

“I can't stress enough how really keen I am to be back playing,” he added. “I am desperate to regain full fitness and be back out on the field."

Can't we just shoot him?

I think I might shoot myself first Crying or Very sad
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Gravy & Chips Thu 09 Oct 2014, 5:19 pm

Do we still have the receipt and the guarantee?

I hope Bill took out the extended 5 year warranty cover against him.
Gravy & Chips
Gravy & Chips

Number of posts : 13355
Registration date : 2005-10-16

http://www.break.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Thu 09 Oct 2014, 6:39 pm

Can't we just shoot him?
I would suspect that 6 months prior to his contract expiring he'll be back to full fitness in order to get another contract (with some other club).

Heck, if he gets £40k/wk (I have no idea what he makes), he'll get just over £2M per year feeling sorry for himself. What a waste of money.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Fri 10 Oct 2014, 10:09 am

Can't we just shoot him?
I would suspect that 6 months prior to his contract expiring he'll be back to full fitness in order to get another contract (with some other club).

Heck, if he gets £40k/wk (I have no idea what he makes), he'll get just over £2M per year feeling sorry for himself. What a waste of money.

We spend 28million on a donkey, now we got a jack ass to keep him company , Everton been taking for a ride along Blackpool beach.
SEFTON
SEFTON

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Sun 02 Nov 2014, 2:18 pm

Arouna Kone's recovery from a serious knee injury has suffered a fresh setback and Everton boss Roberto Martinez has confirmed the Ivorian will not be match fit until 2015.

Kone was due to play his first senior game in a year when Everton played Swansea City in the League Cup in September, but felt pain in his knee during the warm-up and missed out.

"It is not a straightforward injury. He has been really unfortunate and it seems we have to be perfect in this final stage of the injury," Martinez is quoted as saying by the Daily Star.

"He's in pain after regular exercise and normally, at this stage of the injury, he should be okay after 24 hours. At the moment it's taking 48 hours to get back.

"I expect him to be fully fit by January and by that I mean match fit. He is going to be involved in 11-a-sides behind closed doors this week to build him up again and he will be fully fit in January."

Kone signed from Wigan for £6m in the summer of 2013.

Old article, but starting to think that Kone will never play for us again.
Super
Super

Number of posts : 38074
Registration date : 2005-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Fri 07 Nov 2014, 12:57 pm

Arouna's injury status has been updated today .....brace yerself before you open this one up Very Happy
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Fri 07 Nov 2014, 1:18 pm

He's like an old horse in need to be taken out for one last walk in the meadow and then put down. And by put down in this case, I am referring to canceling his contract. It's ridiculous.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza Fri 07 Nov 2014, 1:26 pm

i too think we should be looking at cancelling the contract, or claiming insurance etc. i don't think we will ever get our money's worth
Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 8008

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser Fri 07 Nov 2014, 1:35 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:He's like an old horse in need to be taken out for one last walk in the meadow and then put down. And by put down in this case, I am referring to canceling his contract. It's ridiculous.

That's a shame. I hoped you actually meant 'put down'.

Number of posts : 13161
Registration date : 2005-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 17 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17  Next