606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

26. John Stones - Pirlo eat your heart out!

Page 11 of 23 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17 ... 23  Next

Go down

26. John Stones - Pirlo eat your heart out! - Page 11 Empty Re: 26. John Stones - Pirlo eat your heart out!

Post  The President on Sun 16 Aug 2015, 1:16 am

Chelsea are worried that Manchester United and Manchester City both want to sign Everton defender John Stones, 21. (Mail on Sunday)

They're all at it now

WATCH OUR LIPS - HE IS NOT FOR SALE

(Unless you offer £50 Million)
The President
The President

Number of posts : 11907
Registration date : 2005-10-16

Back to top Go down

26. John Stones - Pirlo eat your heart out! - Page 11 Empty Re: 26. John Stones - Pirlo eat your heart out!

Post  Armchair on Sun 16 Aug 2015, 10:15 pm

After the Chavs' battering today they'll be back in for Stones for sure.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 20424
Registration date : 2006-06-01

http://www.heavyrotation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz on Sun 16 Aug 2015, 10:47 pm

Armchair wrote:After the Chavs' battering today they'll be back in for Stones for sure.

Well they have just signed some Ghanian fella for £20m so perhaps not.

Number of posts : 26901
Registration date : 2006-01-22

http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? on Mon 17 Aug 2015, 1:07 am

Bluejagz wrote:
Armchair wrote:After the Chavs' battering today they'll be back in for Stones for sure.

Well they have just signed some Ghanian fella for £20m so perhaps not.

He's a full back.

But I watched their game, and IMHO it isn't a Stones they need, they need a Jagielka-type. The Toure goal was him bullying Ivanovic, in exactly the same way that Stones gets manhandled by guys with more upper-body strength. The other two were a complete AWOL of defensive midfield. The third goal was comedy.

Our CBs in 3 years will be Browning Stones, Galloway. Three at the back.
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Number of posts : 17435
Registration date : 2006-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc( Ninetoes )blue on Mon 17 Aug 2015, 10:59 am

He's got 4 years left on his contract so my guess is Roberto has said to him "give me 2 years to get us into champ league if not you can go" kind of what Moyes did with arteta.......
Doc( Ninetoes )blue
Doc( Ninetoes )blue

Number of posts : 2806

Back to top Go down

Post  Gravy & Chips on Mon 17 Aug 2015, 11:45 am

Maureen obviously is trying to bully the board into paying more for Stones.

Terry being subbed was a clear indication that he needs a new centre half
Gravy & Chips
Gravy & Chips

Number of posts : 13355

http://www.break.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair on Mon 17 Aug 2015, 1:47 pm

Gravy & Chips wrote:

That's how I saw it too.
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Mon 17 Aug 2015, 8:21 pm

Armchair wrote:
Gravy & Chips wrote:

That's how I saw it too.
I saw it that he's finally realised that Terry is a donkey Very Happy
Made 4 Gwladys
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 35120
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair on Tue 18 Aug 2015, 7:30 am

Chelsea have made a new £30m bid for defender John Stones, 21, but may have to increase that by a further £10m to sign the England international. (Daily Telegraph)
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Tue 18 Aug 2015, 8:02 am

Armchair wrote:
Chelsea have made a new £30m bid for defender John Stones, 21, but may have to increase that by a further £10m to sign the England international. (Daily Telegraph)

So Chelsea are allegedly placing another bid worth the same as the one which was turned down last week? Ooooookeyyyyyy..... Unless this new bid is much more cash up front, it makes little to no sense.

Besides, I don't want to sell Stones unless someone come in with a stupid bid. And by that I mean a bid which is closer to what the Shite got for Sterling.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 70482

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler on Tue 18 Aug 2015, 9:27 am

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
Armchair wrote:

So Chelsea are allegedly placing another bid worth the same as the one which was turned down last week? Ooooookeyyyyyy..... Unless this new bid is much more cash up front, it makes little to no sense.

Besides, I don't want to sell Stones unless someone come in with a stupid bid. And by that I mean a bid which is closer to what the Shite got for Sterling.
we have put a £40m price tag on him apparently

Number of posts : 25878
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

Post  Helenqu on Tue 18 Aug 2015, 9:38 am

If Stones wants to go (and I personally wouldn't want to go since Maureen seems to be losing it) then I think £40 million is a decent deal. Hope he decides to stay though. Chelsea will break him Sad
Helenqu
Helenqu

Number of posts : 4883
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.silverchainsuk.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee on Tue 18 Aug 2015, 9:46 am

error 404 wrote:
Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
Armchair wrote:

we have put a £40m price tag on him apparently
If we get Dick Van Dyke, Yarmalenko and a.n.other for the price of Stones, then so be it. Chelsea and United are going to unsettle the lad until he leaves, so money is the issue now.
Sadly.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 6645
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge on Tue 18 Aug 2015, 10:05 am

I think the real challenge is that at half time on Sunday, Mourinho knew he was going to lose the match. Taking Terry off was a clear signal to Stones' people that there is space for the lad and he will play more games. A large number of pundits have assumed that it be Terry/Stones - I am beginning to think it could be Cahill/Stones for PL and Terry/Cahill for CL... The question will be can John Stones see the potential trap? Didn't Chelsea play that trick with Kevin De Bruyne or the like... Bought a wunderkind with the idea of playing him regularly yet very quickly sidelined? Oh, course it was a lad called Torres

The man who is prepared to wear a Shoite top IF, AND ONLY IF, you are prepared to cough the £25,000. Its true it was broadcast on National Radio!!
Da Judge
Da Judge

Number of posts : 9005

http://mlb.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau on Tue 18 Aug 2015, 10:10 am

Agree, Uwie. What Mourhino's antics removing Terry don't say is that if Stones makes any costy errors, and he will, then he'll be the one on the bench.

With Everton, he knows he'll get played whatever, and a run of games is more important than playing sporadically for Chelsea.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15253

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz on Tue 18 Aug 2015, 10:15 am

Da Judge wrote:I think the real challenge is that at half time on Sunday, Mourinho knew he was going to lose the match. Taking Terry off was a clear signal to Stones' people that there is space  for the lad and he will play more games. A large number of pundits have assumed that it be Terry/Stones - I am beginning to think it could be Cahill/Stones for PL and Terry/Cahill for CL... The question will be can John Stones see the potential trap? Didn't Chelsea play that trick with Kevin De Bruyne or the like... Bought a wunderkind with the idea of playing him regularly yet very quickly sidelined? Oh, course it was a lad called Torres

And now factor in the results on Saturday, suddenly a lot of the media are back tracking and telling Stones to stay and play week in, week out with Martinez. If we were hammered by Southampton, then the decision might be a bit easier for Stones. Another positive result against City and it might become harder again, although it might add a further £5m onto the transfer price.

Its hard for the fans because we only see one side of the story here. We know Chelsea want Stones but we don't know who, if any Bobby has lined up to replace him. Or will we get priced out of players because everyone knows we have up to £40m to spend. Its vital we get this right. Clubs like Swansea, Stoke and Palace have strengthened so its going to get harder to break into top 8, never mind top 5. What happens in the next 2 weeks may very well define or season.

The one thing I think we can all agree on is the that transfer window should be shut at least a week before the season starts.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler on Tue 18 Aug 2015, 10:44 am

Bluejagz wrote:
Da Judge wrote:I think the real challenge is that at half time on Sunday, Mourinho knew he was going to lose the match. Taking Terry off was a clear signal to Stones' people that there is space  for the lad and he will play more games. A large number of pundits have assumed that it be Terry/Stones - I am beginning to think it could be Cahill/Stones for PL and Terry/Cahill for CL... The question will be can John Stones see the potential trap? Didn't Chelsea play that trick with Kevin De Bruyne or the like... Bought a wunderkind with the idea of playing him regularly yet very quickly sidelined? Oh, course it was a lad called Torres

And now factor in the results on Saturday, suddenly a lot of the media are back tracking and telling Stones to stay and play week in, week out with Martinez. If we were hammered by Southampton, then the decision might be a bit easier for Stones. Another positive result against City and it might become harder again, although it might add a further £5m onto the transfer price.

Its hard for the fans because we only see one side of the story here. We know Chelsea want Stones but we don't know who, if any Bobby has lined up to replace him. Or will we get priced out of players because everyone knows we have up to £40m to spend. Its vital we get this right. Clubs like Swansea, Stoke and Palace have strengthened so its going to get harder to break into top 8, never mind top 5. What happens in the next 2 weeks may very well define or season.

The one thing I think we can all agree on is the that transfer window should be shut at least a week before the season starts.
another factor is Stones himself - if I were a young player then yes I would love to play week in week out, but I'd also love to win the league and play in the CL on a regular basis and win a few domestic and European cups along the way. Also doubling my salary for the opportunity to do this would seem like a no-brainer, even if I don't get to play every week. So I reckon that he or his agent would jump at the chance of a move to Chelsea.

Don't forget we bought him from Barnsley 2 years ago, he owes us nothing. Yes he has developed under us int hose two years, but he had the talent in him already, and a £40m transfer fee would more than pay back the time we invested in him.

I would love it if we kept him though - I think he is a great player and will go on to become world class, be great if we could buck the trend of every club being a selling club if a bigger fish comes calling.

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz on Tue 18 Aug 2015, 11:34 am

£30m just rejected on SSN. Price almost irrelevant at this stage. Chelsea just keeping the transfer in the news to preoccupy and unsettle Stones and his agent.

Agreed, I certainly wouldn't begrudge Stones the move, especially with the price increasing week by week., just a shame to see him go so soon, and a sense of dread that Bobby won't be able to fill the void adequately. 2, possible 3 centreback moved on, none replaced so far.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler on Tue 18 Aug 2015, 12:05 pm

Bluejagz wrote:£30m just rejected on SSN. Price almost irrelevant at this stage. Chelsea just keeping the transfer in the news to preoccupy and unsettle Stones and his agent.

Agreed, I certainly wouldn't begrudge Stones the move, especially with the price increasing week by week., just a shame to see him go so soon, and a sense of dread that Bobby won't be able to fill the void adequately. 2, possible 3 centreback moved on, none replaced so far.
Alcaraz is still available... affraid

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser on Tue 18 Aug 2015, 12:27 pm

error 404 wrote:
Bluejagz wrote:£30m just rejected on SSN. Price almost irrelevant at this stage. Chelsea just keeping the transfer in the news to preoccupy and unsettle Stones and his agent.

Alcaraz is still available... affraid

I'm glad we've not been tempted into suggesting a price for him. I agree with 'error' though, I would be delighted if we keep him because he's not going to turn shit overnight. If we could keep a really decent centre back for a couple of years and sell for even more if we really had to further down the line, then what's the problem? I just hope our Shipman-like medical team don't destroy him first.

Number of posts : 13162

Back to top Go down

Post  Gravy & Chips on Tue 18 Aug 2015, 12:47 pm

If I were Bobby, I would just keep telling the Chavs that the price will increase with every failed bid.

Meet our valuation or the price goes up.
Gravy & Chips
Gravy & Chips

Number of posts : 13355

http://www.break.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler on Tue 18 Aug 2015, 1:05 pm

Gravy & Chips wrote:If I were Bobby, I would just keep telling the Chavs that the price will increase with every failed bid.

I like that... except.. I quite like the price going up all the time Very Happy Let's get it up to £50m!!! And then tell them to Fuck off cos he's not for sale! cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  Statman on Tue 18 Aug 2015, 1:50 pm

Made Foo Gwladys wrote:
Armchair wrote:
Gravy & Chips wrote:

That's how I saw it too.
I saw it that he's finally realised that Terry is a donkey Very Happy
I reckon that they want him to help with Terry's development.
Statman
Statman

Number of posts : 7091
Registration date : 2005-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post  The President on Tue 18 Aug 2015, 3:46 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33977836

What price would we have to say yes to
The President
The President

Number of posts : 11907

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Tue 18 Aug 2015, 5:29 pm

error 404 wrote:
Gravy & Chips wrote:If I were Bobby, I would just keep telling the Chavs that the price will increase with every failed bid.

I like that... except.. I quite like the price going up all the time Very Happy  Let's get it up to £50m!!! And then tell them to Fuck off cos he's not for sale! cheers
Laughing ... or take him to 50M & then tell him to fuck off as payback for mugging us over Luka & stitching us up with Shitsu last season
Made 4 Gwladys
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 35120

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 23 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17 ... 23  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum