606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

26. John Stones - Pirlo eat your heart out!

+28
Doc( Ninetoes )blue
WellOilBeefHooked
My other LB is a Ferrari
Gravy & Chips
Made 4 Gwladys
Knight of Thorgothshire
SEFTON
hairy cataract
Armchair
Tonteau
Yankthattoffee
Cahill the Great
Super
Blue gazza
Helenqu
tadpole
Barry Horne's Equaliser
Merseyblue
Bryan
Mr_Ben
Sack the Juggler
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
Dixie Land
The President
Goodison_Gringo
Lumper
SouthernSmugToffee
Hinchcliffe Corner
32 posters

Page 6 of 23 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14 ... 23  Next

Go down

26. John Stones - Pirlo eat your heart out! - Page 6 Empty Re: 26. John Stones - Pirlo eat your heart out!

Post  Doc( Ninetoes )blue Sun 19 Jul 2015, 12:42 pm

Roberto has said before " everyone has a price " if they come back with 25-30m I'll be surprised if we turn it down...... Pity as would love him to stay but we all know players heads get turned and then their advisers get involved and it's all about the money!!
Doc( Ninetoes )blue
Doc( Ninetoes )blue

Number of posts : 2806
Registration date : 2005-10-16

Back to top Go down

26. John Stones - Pirlo eat your heart out! - Page 6 Empty Re: 26. John Stones - Pirlo eat your heart out!

Post  Armchair Sun 19 Jul 2015, 9:04 pm

Slap a £40m price tag on him and tell the Chavs to pony up or fuck off.

Might also be nice if Calamity Stones decides to stay in order to develop his game and iron out some of the errors that can make him a liability.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22501
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Mon 20 Jul 2015, 4:35 am

If he is sold for anything less than £35M I will be mighty pissed off. He's (very) young, already on the verge of the national team and he's English. The last thing there ought to increase his price tag by quite a bit, especially with these new "home grown player" rules.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74301
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SouthernSmugToffee Mon 20 Jul 2015, 8:37 am

Apparently we made it clear to Chelsea before any bid was made that Stones was not for sale.

So Chelsea have started a dirty tricks campaign to try and turn Stones's head, which looks like is not going to work, with Stones coming out and saying he is happy where he is (unlike Lescott).

SouthernSmugToffee
SouthernSmugToffee

Number of posts : 3935
Registration date : 2008-01-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Mon 20 Jul 2015, 9:54 am

SouthernSmugToffee wrote:Apparently we made it clear to Chelsea before any bid was made that Stones was not for sale.

So Chelsea have started a dirty tricks campaign to try and turn Stones's head, which looks like is not going to work, with Stones coming out and saying he is happy where he is (unlike Lescott).

They all say "I'm happy where I am." Standard procedure.
I just hope he realises that he'll be sitting on the bench for at least 12 months.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Mon 20 Jul 2015, 10:18 am

Yankthattoffee wrote:
SouthernSmugToffee wrote:Apparently we made it clear to Chelsea before any bid was made that Stones was not for sale.

I just hope he realises that he'll be sitting on the bench for at least 12 months.

Thing about Stones is that, as great as he is, he still makes mistakes, loses the ball when he shouldn't and plays the odd loose pass out of defence. It can be costly and Mourinho will bench him for that if he ever plays him. Cahill was dropped for a while last season after a few mistakes and they brought in Kurt Zouma to play in his place. What Stones needs is to play on after he makes those mistakes and rectify that, and he's only going to get that at Everton.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15976
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Cahill the Great Mon 20 Jul 2015, 2:30 pm

Tonteau wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:

Thing about Stones is that, as great as he is, he still makes mistakes, loses the ball when he shouldn't and plays the odd loose pass out of defence. It can be costly and Mourinho will bench him for that if he ever plays him. Cahill was dropped for a while last season after a few mistakes and they brought in Kurt Zouma to play in his place. What Stones needs is to play on after he makes those mistakes and rectify that, and he's only going to get that at Everton.

Unfortunately, that all said, I think anything approaching £27/28m + and he'll be gone. Hope Im wrong.

I would actually keep him above all our other prize assets. Thats how much I rate his potential.
Cahill the Great
Cahill the Great

Number of posts : 3504
Registration date : 2006-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza Mon 20 Jul 2015, 2:52 pm

£26 million bid due very soon. hope we tell them to shove it

£35 -40 million, i think, as good as he is for us, we would sell
Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 8008

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Tue 21 Jul 2015, 5:41 am

Blue gazza wrote:£26 million bid due very soon.  hope we tell them to shove it

£35 -40 million, i think, as good as he is for us, we would sell
Yes, he'd be on the way for that kind of cash. I would laugh at Chelsea if they came in with a mid-20's bid. And here's hoping the board does the same...
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74301

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc( Ninetoes )blue Tue 21 Jul 2015, 8:00 am

Read in a few places this morning 34m has been bid.... Guess that's buy buy then Sad
Doc( Ninetoes )blue
Doc( Ninetoes )blue

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinchcliffe Corner Tue 21 Jul 2015, 8:07 am

Doc( Ninetoes )blue wrote:Read in a few places this morning 34m has been bid.... Guess that's buy buy then Sad

Or sell sell.
Hinchcliffe Corner
Hinchcliffe Corner

Number of posts : 2425
Registration date : 2006-01-27

http://www.phil-cooper.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc( Ninetoes )blue Tue 21 Jul 2015, 8:11 am

Hinchcliffe Corner wrote:
Doc( Ninetoes )blue wrote:Read in a few places this morning 34m has been bid.... Guess that's buy buy then Sad

Or sell sell.
sorry late night

Very Happy
Doc( Ninetoes )blue
Doc( Ninetoes )blue

Back to top Go down

Post  Lumper Tue 21 Jul 2015, 8:13 am

Everton would be mad to turn their nose up at that sort of money. Although I'd be happy to say no just to get one over on Jose.
Lumper
Lumper

Number of posts : 6833
Registration date : 2007-12-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc( Ninetoes )blue Tue 21 Jul 2015, 8:20 am

Lumper wrote:
Doc( Ninetoes )blue wrote:Read in a few places this morning 34m has been bid.... Guess that's bye bye then Sad

Everton would be mad to turn their nose up at that sort of money. Although I'd be happy to say no just to get one over on Jose.

Depends on how much is add ons imo
Doc( Ninetoes )blue
Doc( Ninetoes )blue

Back to top Go down

Post  Cahill the Great Tue 21 Jul 2015, 9:26 am

Doc( Ninetoes )blue wrote:
Lumper wrote:
Doc( Ninetoes )blue wrote:Read in a few places this morning 34m has been bid.... Guess that's bye bye then Sad

Depends on how much is add ons imo

Id still be disappointed with that. How long ago now did Man U pay £30m for Rio Fernidand - 10, nearly 15 years?

He's worth more than that in todays money if he's going to be a future England captain. He's the player Id least want to sell out of the whole squad!
Cahill the Great
Cahill the Great

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Tue 21 Jul 2015, 10:58 am

The biggest worry, as bluegazza pointed out, is that Bobby won't have a fucking clue how to spend the money.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Back to top Go down

Post  Cahill the Great Tue 21 Jul 2015, 11:05 am

Tonteau wrote:The biggest worry, as bluegazza pointed out, is that Bobby won't have a fucking clue how to spend the money.

Yep - that is always a big worry!
Cahill the Great
Cahill the Great

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza Tue 21 Jul 2015, 11:53 am

I would hope that we demand all money up front, not appearance based payments etc etc. sadly, can we afford to refuse that sort of money.

I do worry who we would buy tho and what sort of price we will have to pay , other clubs will know we are cash rich,
Did I just say we could be cash rich ???? Very Happy Very Happy

Maybe we could buy both Defender and no 10, And still have enough cash to pay RMs contract off Very Happy
Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 8008

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Tue 21 Jul 2015, 12:05 pm

rumour is Moses is part of a swap deal

Number of posts : 40804

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Tue 21 Jul 2015, 12:08 pm

Made Foo Gwladys wrote:rumour is Moses is part of a swap deal

FFS. Another fucking winger. Martinez is obsessed.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Back to top Go down

Post  Cahill the Great Tue 21 Jul 2015, 12:43 pm

I dont believe that but sure Chelsea will try to offload their deadwood on us if they can. Wouldnt be surprised if they through Atsu in as well
Cahill the Great
Cahill the Great

Back to top Go down

Post  Cahill the Great Tue 21 Jul 2015, 12:44 pm

That all said - is Moses any worse than McGeady, Kone or Pienaar these days? Probably not
Cahill the Great
Cahill the Great

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Tue 21 Jul 2015, 12:47 pm

I wonder if they could negotiate a transfer, then loan back?
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Tue 21 Jul 2015, 12:58 pm

The guy who parted the Red Sea? He might be useful in unlocking a few defences next season.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22501
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Tue 21 Jul 2015, 1:06 pm

Armchair wrote:

The guy who parted the Red Sea? He might be useful in unlocking a few defences next season.
we'd need a higher authority than that to make Martinez look good

Number of posts : 40804

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 23 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14 ... 23  Next