606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

14: Steven Naismith - smart buy

+24
My other LB is a Ferrari
Statman
Mr_Ben
Super
Dixie Land
Made 4 Gwladys
Barry Horne's Equaliser
Gravy & Chips
SEFTON
hairy cataract
Hinchcliffe Corner
Tonteau
Knight of Thorgothshire
Blue gazza
RhinoJagz
Sack the Juggler
Yankthattoffee
SouthernSmugToffee
tadpole
Lumper
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
Kilted_Toffee
Da Judge
ToffeeDan
28 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

14: Steven Naismith - smart buy - Page 6 Empty Re: 14: Steven Naismith - smart buy

Post  hairy cataract Sun 20 Dec 2015, 5:10 pm

Mori Foo Gwladys wrote:As Nais wasn't even on the bench yesterday I think you've seen the last of him a Chang Blue...

I always liked him... I wish him well...

We let him go and our squad is starting to look a bit thin when we start picking up injuries.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25826
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

14: Steven Naismith - smart buy - Page 6 Empty Re: 14: Steven Naismith - smart buy

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sun 20 Dec 2015, 5:43 pm

hairberto cataract wrote:
Mori Foo Gwladys wrote:As Nais wasn't even on the bench yesterday I think you've seen the last of him a Chang Blue...

We let him go and our squad is starting to look a bit thin when we start picking up injuries.
Can we sell them McGeady instead?
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74305

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Sun 20 Dec 2015, 6:25 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:

Can we sell them McGeady instead?

We would struggle to give McGeady away for free.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22501
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Sun 20 Dec 2015, 8:13 pm

He's using the cash towards buying the Ukrainian winger.
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Tue 29 Dec 2015, 6:18 pm

Off to Norwich for £8m when the transfer window opens according to the BBC.
Super
Super

Number of posts : 38074
Registration date : 2005-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Tue 29 Dec 2015, 6:25 pm

Super wrote:Off to Norwich for £8m when the transfer window opens according to the BBC.
Just read that, and it's rather unfortunate I think. I rather see him get a chance in the middle of the park ahead of Besic and Gibson for instance. With his touch he could work well with Barkley.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Tue 29 Dec 2015, 6:34 pm

Super wrote:Off to Norwich for £8m when the transfer window opens according to the BBC.
Just read that, and it's rather unfortunate I think. I rather see him get a chance in the middle of the park ahead of Besic and Gibson for instance. With his touch he could work well with Barkley.
If RM had brought on Basic instead of Naismith yesterday, we'd have won that game.
As soon as Cleverley went off, we needed a wrecking ball. Instead we ended up playing 4-1-5 when leading 3-2 with 10 minutes to play!
Jesus, this may be the wrong forum, but how can you expect to defend a 3-2 lead or even a 3-3 draw with Foo, Luke, Nais, Kone and Barks, leaving Barry as your only tackler (?) is beyond me!
So, thanks Nais, you were best header of a clearance ball we had.
Always "put in a shift"
Good luck at Norwich, you were never second best to Kone.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Tue 29 Dec 2015, 6:44 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:
If RM had brought on Basic instead of Naismith yesterday, we'd have won that game.
As soon as Cleverley went off, we needed a wrecking ball. Instead we ended up playing 4-1-5 when leading 3-2 with 10 minutes to play!
Jesus, this may be the wrong forum, but how can you expect to defend a 3-2 lead or even a 3-3 draw with Foo, Luke, Nais, Kone and Barks, leaving Barry as your only tackler (?) is beyond me!
Always "put in a shift"
I didn't get to watch the game yesterday, so you could be right in the assessment of Besic vs. Naismith yesterday. However, I feel that with two defensive midfielders (Macca/Cleverly and Barry), we are leaving all the creativity to Barkley who unless he's on his game, will struggle. Some help for Barkley is what I was looking for.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Tue 29 Dec 2015, 6:48 pm

If Nais is going, and probably Mirallas, we need to spend big in January. Kone is not good enough and he should be first on the transfer list.  If Luka gets injured, we have no strikers left - especially as goal poacher was Nais's best position for us, on the few occasions he was given that role.

I dunno, I'm in two minds about this. £8m is good dough for Nais, but he's a decent squad player and we have very few of those now that Ossie and Pienaar are past their sell by date.

I just don't think Bonzo is capable of buying a better replacement for Nais with the cash. I mean, Lennon has contributed fuck all so far and I'd rather keep Nais than him.

And then there's fucking McGeady....
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25826

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Tue 29 Dec 2015, 6:56 pm

We're not short of cash and we are short of strikers. Keep him.
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Tue 29 Dec 2015, 7:27 pm

what happened to that Leandro bloke... he's listed as 1st team forward & is 23 years old

Number of posts : 40811

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  My other LB is a Ferrari Tue 29 Dec 2015, 8:15 pm

Mori Foo Gwladys wrote:what happened to that Leandro bloke... he's listed as 1st team forward & is 23 years old

He doesn't even have a forum thread on him.....

My other LB is a Ferrari
My other LB is a Ferrari

Number of posts : 1307
Registration date : 2006-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Tue 29 Dec 2015, 8:18 pm

My other LB is a Ferrari wrote:
Mori Foo Gwladys wrote:what happened to that Leandro bloke... he's listed as 1st team forward & is 23 years old

He doesn't even have a forum thread on him.....

http://www.606evertonians.com/t48626-leandro-rodriguez?highlight=leandro

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Wed 30 Dec 2015, 1:31 am

Yankthattoffee wrote:
Always "put in a shift"
I didn't get to watch the game yesterday, so you could be right in the assessment of Besic vs. Naismith yesterday. However, I feel that with two defensive midfielders (Macca/Cleverly and Barry), we are leaving all the creativity to Barkley who unless he's on his game, will struggle. Some help for Barkley is what I was looking for.
Creativity is not in doubt.
Defending is.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Wed 30 Dec 2015, 1:08 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
Always "put in a shift"
Creativity is not in doubt.
Defending is.
You mean it can get worse? I thought conceding 4 was bad enough. lol! lol! Laughing Laughing

I hear ya mate, I am just as frustrated as the next Evertonian and trying to find some solutions. 14: Steven Naismith - smart buy - Page 6 Food-smi
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sun 03 Jan 2016, 4:21 pm

Naismith not even among the 18 today, so probably a done deal then with Norwich.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Sun 03 Jan 2016, 8:39 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:Naismith not even among the 18 today, so probably a done deal then with Norwich.
Kept for the City game?
He can't start with Kone, shirley?
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Back to top Go down

Post  The President Mon 18 Jan 2016, 12:23 am

Everton's Steven Naismith has agreed to join Norwich in an £8m deal. Selling the 29-year-old Scottish forward will free up funds to bid for Dynamo Kiev's 26-year-old winger Andriy Yarmolenko. (Mirror)
The President
The President

Number of posts : 11907
Registration date : 2005-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Helenqu Mon 18 Jan 2016, 6:54 am

So sorry to see him go Sad
Helenqu
Helenqu

Number of posts : 4895
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.silverchainsuk.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser Mon 18 Jan 2016, 9:20 am

The President wrote:Everton's Steven Naismith has agreed to join Norwich in an £8m deal. Selling the 29-year-old Scottish forward will free up funds to bid for Dynamo Kiev's 26-year-old winger Andriy Yarmolenko. (Mirror)

cop cop cop Daily Mirror alert! cop cop cop

Number of posts : 13161
Registration date : 2005-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Mon 18 Jan 2016, 10:33 am

Steven Naismith is today travelling to Norwich City for a medical ahead of a move to the Carrow Road club.

Everton and the Canaries have agreed a £8.5m deal for the 29-year-old forward who has struggled for first-team action at Goodison this season.

Naismith remained undecided on his Everton future last week and was still hoping to force his way back into Roberto Martinez's thinking during the congested December and January period.

But the Scotland international, after talks with the Everton boss, has opted to take up Norwich's offer and leave the Blues after joining them in July 2012.

Naismith, who was close to joining Norwich in the summer window before Martinez stopped the transfer, has three years left on his current deal with the Blues.
Super
Super

Number of posts : 38074
Registration date : 2005-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  The President Mon 18 Jan 2016, 11:44 am

Shame he couldn't stay but the right move for both of us

I like the fact that he is still an Ordinary Guy with his feet on the ground. Wish him well

The President
The President

Number of posts : 11907
Registration date : 2005-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  WellOilBeefHooked Mon 18 Jan 2016, 1:09 pm

Shame to see him go he's been a great player and ambassador for the club

£8.5m is a good price for him so wish him well and look forward to seeing him back at Goodison on the last day of the season Smile
WellOilBeefHooked
WellOilBeefHooked

Number of posts : 1197
Location : Nantwich, Cheshire via Lydiate, Middlesbrough, Darlington, Didsbury and Stockport

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Mon 18 Jan 2016, 1:28 pm

Once we stopped playing him as a winger, he turned out to be a useful player. Seems like a nice guy as well. I'm sure he'll do well at Norwich and I wish him well 14: Steven Naismith - smart buy - Page 6 Action-s
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Mon 18 Jan 2016, 1:30 pm

I liked him.. good finisher... good luck Nais

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next