606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FA Cup Semi Final - Everton 1 The Shite 2 (Jelavic)

+28
Armchair
Tonteau
Statman
RhinoJagz
hairy cataract
Helenqu
Yankthattoffee
blue nowhere
Royal Blue Mersey
The President
Barry Horne's Equaliser
Mr Perpetual Motion
ToffeeDan
Lumper
fatboblatch
Mr_Ben
Knight of Thorgothshire
Super
Doc( Ninetoes )blue
Qld Toffee
Da Judge
Bryan
Michael Crosby S74
anticipate_the_pass
notepad
Synth_fg®
VenezuelaBlue
Blue gazza
32 posters

Page 17 of 17 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17

Go down

FA Cup Semi Final - Everton 1 The Shite 2 (Jelavic) - Page 17 Empty Re: FA Cup Semi Final - Everton 1 The Shite 2 (Jelavic)

Post  hairy cataract Mon 16 Apr 2012, 7:48 am

Helenqu wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:Well, it's the morning after, and it still feels like just about the worst experience in all my years of watching Everton. It's only a game and all that bollocks, but that just took the biscuit as far as being an Evertonian goes.

Shoulda coulda blah blah they fucking beat us again and with a winning goal from the fucking lump too.

Am avoiding all media today, don't want to see them talking shite.

Can I also add that there was fuck all atmosphere at Wembley yesterday and it just felt like two club whose glory days are well behind them. Manchester is the dominent city now, with London second. I know we've been down amongst the also rans for a long time, but they felt no better than us - just a club with a bit of money but not enough to really compete at the top level.

I think I'd rather we were relegated and compete in a league where we stood a real chance of making an impact. The only downside is that we'd eventually get promoted and go back to being fodder for the big clubs and the Shite again.

What a bag of fucking dog shite.
I thought the atmosphere was pretty decent, it just got unbelievably tense a few minutes after it went 1-1. Guys around me who were shouting and talking, suddenly went deadly quiet.
At which point we started playing frightened football. Midfielders afraid of getting ahead of the ball. 17 swapping with 25. Bad call whoever keeps making that one. We lost belief, and as is often the case, you cannot play a whole season or even a big chunk of it, on emotion.
The summer needs a minor facelift. Someone to play off Jelly, as, sadly T17 showed that the old warhorse has had one too many battles. Wide men who have pace. DM has to develop some bottle. His tension bleeds into his players.
Anyhow, I'm sick of the Shyte. Just one bad club. I just hope Chelsea don't run out of steam over the next 3 weeks. A resounding tonking would be a fitting tribute to their season. Over to you Didier.......

I agree before the match it was fantastic, Everton fans really up for it. BUT after their goal I almost felt sick from the tension, could literally feel my nerves jangling, I have never felt the tension in such an unpleasant prolonged way in a game before.

I thought it was tense on both sides from the minute I arrived at Wembley. Not tense as in "there might be a fight", just nervous. I'm assuming it was cos it was so early, but there was nothing like the atmosphere that there was for the ManUre semi at Wembley 3 years ago IMO. It felt flat the whole day - even the tube journey there I heard very little banter. There was almost no singing outside or inside the ground - even after the match the RS weren't singing at all on the way back to the station which was kind of weird. I felt numb from beginning to end, and everyone else around me looked the same, like nobody enjoyed a minute of it.

Just my personal experience, and it didn't help that I was very high up probably. Weirdest thing of all was the lad sitting next to my mate who, as he got up to leave in the 90th minute, admitted that he was a RS and had got the ticket at the last minute from his blue mate! It hadn't bothered him at all sitting amongst us because he didn't exactly have to put up with a lot of singing and shouting. And, since we never tested their goalie apart from for the goal, he didn't even have us jumping up and down in excitement.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25826
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

FA Cup Semi Final - Everton 1 The Shite 2 (Jelavic) - Page 17 Empty Re: FA Cup Semi Final - Everton 1 The Shite 2 (Jelavic)

Post  RhinoJagz Mon 16 Apr 2012, 10:36 am

Talking to a few Shite mates this morning expecting a torrent of abuse but they more bothered that Carroll's goal means he wont be sold and will probably be there next season!

Number of posts : 26901
Registration date : 2006-01-22

http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Post  Statman Mon 16 Apr 2012, 11:14 am

hairy cataract wrote:
Helenqu wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:Well, it's the morning after, and it still feels like just about the worst experience in all my years of watching Everton. It's only a game and all that bollocks, but that just took the biscuit as far as being an Evertonian goes.

Shoulda coulda blah blah they fucking beat us again and with a winning goal from the fucking lump too.

Am avoiding all media today, don't want to see them talking shite.

Can I also add that there was fuck all atmosphere at Wembley yesterday and it just felt like two club whose glory days are well behind them. Manchester is the dominent city now, with London second. I know we've been down amongst the also rans for a long time, but they felt no better than us - just a club with a bit of money but not enough to really compete at the top level.

I think I'd rather we were relegated and compete in a league where we stood a real chance of making an impact. The only downside is that we'd eventually get promoted and go back to being fodder for the big clubs and the Shite again.

What a bag of fucking dog shite.
I thought the atmosphere was pretty decent, it just got unbelievably tense a few minutes after it went 1-1. Guys around me who were shouting and talking, suddenly went deadly quiet.
At which point we started playing frightened football. Midfielders afraid of getting ahead of the ball. 17 swapping with 25. Bad call whoever keeps making that one. We lost belief, and as is often the case, you cannot play a whole season or even a big chunk of it, on emotion.
The summer needs a minor facelift. Someone to play off Jelly, as, sadly T17 showed that the old warhorse has had one too many battles. Wide men who have pace. DM has to develop some bottle. His tension bleeds into his players.
Anyhow, I'm sick of the Shyte. Just one bad club. I just hope Chelsea don't run out of steam over the next 3 weeks. A resounding tonking would be a fitting tribute to their season. Over to you Didier.......

I agree before the match it was fantastic, Everton fans really up for it. BUT after their goal I almost felt sick from the tension, could literally feel my nerves jangling, I have never felt the tension in such an unpleasant prolonged way in a game before.

I thought it was tense on both sides from the minute I arrived at Wembley. Not tense as in "there might be a fight", just nervous. I'm assuming it was cos it was so early, but there was nothing like the atmosphere that there was for the ManUre semi at Wembley 3 years ago IMO. It felt flat the whole day - even the tube journey there I heard very little banter. There was almost no singing outside or inside the ground - even after the match the RS weren't singing at all on the way back to the station which was kind of weird. I felt numb from beginning to end, and everyone else around me looked the same, like nobody enjoyed a minute of it.

Just my personal experience, and it didn't help that I was very high up probably. Weirdest thing of all was the lad sitting next to my mate who, as he got up to leave in the 90th minute, admitted that he was a RS and had got the ticket at the last minute from his blue mate! It hadn't bothered him at all sitting amongst us because he didn't exactly have to put up with a lot of singing and shouting. And, since we never tested their goalie apart from for the goal, he didn't even have us jumping up and down in excitement.

It was probably just because it was us against them. I went to the ’86 Cup Final and I remember travelling back on a mixed coach. It was as if a game hadn’t taken place. I actually felt sorry for the Liverpool fans. They had just won the Cup and probably didn’t feel that it was right to sing about it.
Statman
Statman

Number of posts : 7093
Registration date : 2005-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Mon 16 Apr 2012, 12:00 pm

The President wrote:Everton midfielder Tim Cahill poured scorn on Liverpool's hopes of FA Cup glory after the Toffees were beaten in Saturday's semi-final. "A few decisions didn't go our way but I'll just say they've got a lot of work to do," said Cahill.
Full story: Mail on Sunday

Can't blame the Ref Tim FA Cup Semi Final - Everton 1 The Shite 2 (Jelavic) - Page 17 Confused

But You're right - they wont win it.

Cahill should look at himself. He was rubbish. We'd have been better with stracq out there.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15976
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Mon 16 Apr 2012, 1:14 pm

Tonteau wrote:
The President wrote:Everton midfielder Tim Cahill poured scorn on Liverpool's hopes of FA Cup glory after the Toffees were beaten in Saturday's semi-final. "A few decisions didn't go our way but I'll just say they've got a lot of work to do," said Cahill.
Full story: Mail on Sunday

Can't blame the Ref Tim FA Cup Semi Final - Everton 1 The Shite 2 (Jelavic) - Page 17 Confused

But You're right - they wont win it.

Cahill should look at himself. He was rubbish. We'd have been better with stracq out there.

I think it is time we let Cahill go. I'd much rather see Ossie in central midfield than Tim.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22502
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  tadpole Mon 16 Apr 2012, 1:46 pm

I thought Dogleash showed more adventure and balls with his changes than Moyes, had a big bearing on the game.

Oh how we missed Peanuts, and Drenthe a little.

Coleman is shit and Ossie more effective in the middle but we were very short of pacey wide options, unfortunatly.
tadpole
tadpole

Number of posts : 4824
Registration date : 2005-11-02

http://Is, the Daddy.......... :)

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? Mon 16 Apr 2012, 9:19 pm

Bluejags wrote:Talking to a few Shite mates this morning expecting a torrent of abuse but they more bothered that Carroll's goal means he wont be sold and will probably be there next season!

funniest thing I've read all day..... lol!
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Number of posts : 17435
Registration date : 2006-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land Tue 17 Apr 2012, 12:24 am

tadpole wrote:
I thought Dogleash showed more adventure and balls with his changes than Moyes, had a big bearing on the game.

Oh how we missed Peanuts, and Drenthe a little.

Coleman is shit and Ossie more effective in the middle but we were very short of pacey wide options, unfortunatly.

I'm still hoping that Gueye can mature into a good player. He has shown flashes but has to be given time as he is only 21. I felt that many Evertonians were quick to criticise Rodwell after a few poor performances and didn't take his age into account.
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20992
Registration date : 2006-01-07

http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Wed 18 Apr 2012, 12:42 pm

Who's gonna step up for the next game .... If I understand the rules it needs to be someone new to the league ?....

Number of posts : 40814
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? Thu 19 Apr 2012, 5:24 am

Was dreading my weekly tennis tonight, my usual Manure partner and I split a few weeks ago to balance the games better, and it's been me and an RS welshman vs a Manure and an Arse fan.

I introduced the topic early so I'd have control of the conversation, with "I hope you aren't as shit as Liverpool were in the first half and I'm not as shit as Everton were in the second".
Perfect thing to say, apparently he was so pissed off with the first 30 minutes he went back to bed at 7am and missed the second half entirely. He still hasn't seen the whole game, but he's given Carroll so much abuse in the past that he's finding it hard to gloat. Very Happy
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Number of posts : 17435
Registration date : 2006-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 17 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17