606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everton 1 Blackburn 1 (Cahill)

+14
Statman
Knight of Thorgothshire
Dixie Land
Michael Crosby S74
ToffeeDan
Armchair
Bryan
The President
Doc( Ninetoes )blue
Mr_Ben
Lumper
Blue gazza
Made 4 Gwladys
Albert
18 posters

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Go down

Everton 1 Blackburn 1 (Cahill) - Page 11 Empty Re: Everton 1 Blackburn 1 (Cahill)

Post  fatboblatch Sat 21 Jan 2012, 5:48 pm

Drenthe is really doing my head in.....I think we seriously need to worry about relegation, we can't play our way to a win so we will have to fight, dogs of war etc, long balls a la Stoke....can't see us getting anything any other way and Moyes know this stating if we get to 7th/8th it will be his greatest achievement....he knows this is the weakest side he has ever had under his leadership....
fatboblatch
fatboblatch

Number of posts : 1514
Registration date : 2007-08-20

Back to top Go down

Everton 1 Blackburn 1 (Cahill) - Page 11 Empty Re: Everton 1 Blackburn 1 (Cahill)

Post  Dixie Land Sat 21 Jan 2012, 7:43 pm

fatboblatch wrote:Drenthe is really doing my head in.....I think we seriously need to worry about relegation, we can't play our way to a win so we will have to fight, dogs of war etc, long balls a la Stoke....can't see us getting anything any other way and Moyes know this stating if we get to 7th/8th it will be his greatest achievement....he knows this is the weakest side he has ever had under his leadership....

I thought Drenthe was amazing when he first signed but now I really do not care if he stays or goes. He can really be a liability at times.

I seriously think that we have a very good squad still when fully fit. Players like Baines, Fellaini, Jagielka, Donovan, Rodwell and Distin are excellent players but we just aren't playing as a team. I also worry about the ages of some of our better players.

Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20992
Registration date : 2006-01-07

http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

Post  The President Sun 22 Jan 2012, 8:50 am

Gutted really really gutted Sad

I hate that money has ruined football but if we don't get some and spend some soon and very very soon we have had it. Sad Sad
The President
The President

Number of posts : 11907
Registration date : 2005-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Sun 22 Jan 2012, 9:38 am

The President wrote:Gutted really really gutted Sad

I hate that money has ruined football but if we don't get some and spend some soon and very very soon we have had it. Sad Sad

I don't think yesterday was about money Pres, it was about attitude. Blackburn haven't spent much recently but they clearly wanted to win more than we did. We seem to have gone from a team playing ok but not getting results to a team playing badly and not getting results. We really miss Ossie.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22502
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Bryan Sun 22 Jan 2012, 10:32 am

Should have won, Duffy against the bar & Felli off the line.

Less of the mass hysteria, whilst some concern is valid.

Bryan

Number of posts : 14338
Registration date : 2006-01-30

http://www.nba.com/heat/

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land Sun 22 Jan 2012, 10:39 am

Bryan wrote:Should have won, Duffy against the bar & Felli off the line.

I agree Bryan. We did create some chances in the game and could have scored another 3 in the last 10 mins. Some players do really concern me but we aren't as bad as a lot of people are making out.
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Sun 22 Jan 2012, 11:51 am

Dixie Land wrote:

I agree Bryan. We did create some chances in the game and could have scored another 3 in the last 10 mins. Some players do really concern me but we aren't as bad as a lot of people are making out.

We were out-played by Blackburn for large parts of the game No
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22502
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land Sun 22 Jan 2012, 12:03 pm

Armchair Evertonian wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:

I didn't really see it like that to be honest. I thought both sides were total shite for much of the game and Hoillet had a few runs that wouldn't have happened if our 2 first choice centre halves weren't injured. It was the lack of commitment that worried me as we should have been able to beat Blackburn easily.
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Back to top Go down

Post  ToffeeDan Sun 22 Jan 2012, 12:49 pm

We lack composure. We get some good football going & then the final pass is awry or someone isn't on the end of it. When I'm sat in the ground watching I can see a move that SHOULD be leading to a goal - I can see the opponents back line in a mess - or midfield backing off - & Everton hitting 3-4 excellent passes & (I'm mentally calling out "goal" before the final pass) & then.. Saha isn't there or Victor skies an easy chance over the bar (or fails to lay it off) etc.

For my money who is worthy of their place this season:

Performing well: Osman, Victor (I spose), Fellaini (just about), Duffy, Vellios (seemingly)

Adequately or to standard: Hibbert, Baines, Heitinga, Jags (just about), Donovan, Distin, Howard, Rodwell, Royston (maybe), Denis (such as it is)

Below Par: Cahill, Neville, Gueye, Coleman

Stinking the house out: Billy, Saha

No comment: Barkley, Gibson, McFadden (too little evidence)

On that basis I'd want to select the following team (of those currently available)

Howard
Hibbert, Heitinga, Duffy, Baines
Donovan, Fellaini, Gibson (maybe), Drenthe (possibly)
Vellios, Victor

Something like that!

Liverpoole Echo Sun 12 March 1234: Euerton celebrate another drubbing of ye Shoite - quaffing muche Ale (Ye Spellowe, Blacke Horse, Wims Lowe (upstairs)) and spliffs & oft singing new chant "1,2 - 1,2,3 - 1,2,3,4 - 5-Nil." Big Dunkane (Bird Keeper of Euerton) was, yet again, sent-off by Judge Polle for landing several blows at head of serf James of Carreggore & Red Shoite Stephen Meelaar, Squire of Hitune fame who wed Ladie of The Night Alexa de Curraine and is wont to fight pubbe minstrels, was given an earlie dunking in Ye Mere of Stanlee Parke for an elbough to face of local serf Hibbeyrt. After being given ye olde clothe of vinegar by Rath-Boyne Hibbeyrt returned to scoreth fifth & finale goale past Ye Flying Pigge Thomas of Lawrence in Parke Ende - a riot followed. Euerton: Weste, Hibbeyrt, Wilsone, La Boyne, Mountyfielde, Balle, Kendel, Harveigh, Fergusaine, Latcheford, Deen of Tran Mere
ToffeeDan
ToffeeDan

Number of posts : 20252
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://www.packers.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Crosby S74 Sun 22 Jan 2012, 1:02 pm

Drenthe is starting to piss me off.

Pass you greedy little shit.

The goal was his fault yesterday.

Number of posts : 28054
Registration date : 2005-10-13

http://www.myspace.com/mtcefc

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land Sun 22 Jan 2012, 1:10 pm

Toffee Dan wrote:We lack composure. We get some good football going & then the final pass is awry or someone isn't on the end of it. When I'm sat in the ground watching I can see a move that SHOULD be leading to a goal - I can see the opponents back line in a mess - or midfield backing off - & Everton hitting 3-4 excellent passes & (I'm mentally calling out "goal" before the final pass) & then.. Saha isn't there or Victor skies an easy chance over the bar (or fails to lay it off) etc.

For my money who is worthy of their place this season:

Performing well: Osman, Victor (I spose), Fellaini (just about), Duffy, Vellios (seemingly)

Adequately or to standard: Hibbert, Baines, Heitinga, Jags (just about), Donovan, Distin, Howard, Rodwell, Royston (maybe), Denis (such as it is)

Below Par: Cahill, Neville, Gueye, Coleman

Stinking the house out: Billy, Saha

No comment: Barkley, Gibson, McFadden (too little evidence)

On that basis I'd want to select the following team (of those currently available)

Howard
Hibbert, Heitinga, Duffy, Baines
Donovan, Fellaini, Gibson (maybe), Drenthe (possibly)
Vellios, Victor

Something like that!

I would agree with that assessment Dan.

I really do think it is time to drop Saha. I personally think that he should be our 3rd or 4th choice striker at the moment as I don't see what he is offering the side in his current form. He is not holding the ball up for the midfield to get involved, he isn't making good runs and (most of all) he is not scoring. I also think that we should be looking at other options rather than Cahill behind the striker as it hasn't worked at all this season.

I quite like the look of the midfield you have Dan and I do think that Gibson will get better when he settles, even though I don't think he will ever be a world beater. Hibbert has been good for most of this season and offers us more at the back, and even going forward, than Neville does currently.

Whatever happens, I think we all agree that Moyes needs to try something different. If he does or not remains to be seen.
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sun 22 Jan 2012, 2:24 pm

Dixie Land wrote:
Armchair Evertonian wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:

I didn't really see it like that to be honest. I thought both sides were total shite for much of the game and Hoillet had a few runs that wouldn't have happened if our 2 first choice centre halves weren't injured. It was the lack of commitment that worried me as we should have been able to beat Blackburn easily.
I'd have to go with Armchair on this one. BB were moving the ball around much better than what we did. I never saw any possession stats, but surely they must have had a larger share than us. Yes, we could have won the game in the last 5 minutes or so, but overall I felt that while neither team was spectacular, BB were at least as good as we were.

On top of that, the attitude they showed was much much better than ours. We were lacking movement all over the place, apart from Donovan who at least moves around and tries to create stuff. I thought Gibson was a massive disappointment. If he's to be a central midfielder, he must put in the effort and make himself available for the pass. I felt he was doing neither of those.

Overall, another lack luster performance by us which really could have ended with a win just as well as a loss. In the end a draw was probably fair. If I was a BB fan a loss would have felt unjust.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74305
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Statman Sun 22 Jan 2012, 3:50 pm

I'm usually a pint half full type of supporter but these are worrying times.

When we play at home I usually expect us to go one down then get an equaliser late on.

If we go ahead then I have little confidence that we will keep the lead.

Gibson - I only saw the highlights on Match of the Day and apart from one clearance from our box all I saw was him standing outside of our box while play was going on in front and behind him. It was almost as if he had been told to stand around the 'D'. That would be OK when we are attacking (chance of a pot shot) but not when we are defending.
Statman
Statman

Number of posts : 7093
Registration date : 2005-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz Sun 22 Jan 2012, 4:49 pm

Statman wrote:I'm usually a pint half full type of supporter but these are worrying times.

When we play at home I usually expect us to go one down then get an equaliser late on.

Gibson - I only saw the highlights on Match of the Day and apart from one clearance from our box all I saw was him standing outside of our box while play was going on in front and behind him. It was almost as if he had been told to stand around the 'D'. That would be OK when we are attacking (chance of a pot shot) but not when we are defending.

Thats his big problem; positional sense. Never really gave Felly and option for a pass often enough. Too often, stuck to a Blackburn midfielder and no urgency to make things happen.

Number of posts : 26901
Registration date : 2006-01-22

http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler Sun 22 Jan 2012, 5:22 pm

Bluejags wrote:
Statman wrote:I'm usually a pint half full type of supporter but these are worrying times.

Thats his big problem; positional sense. Never really gave Felly and option for a pass often enough. Too often, stuck to a Blackburn midfielder and no urgency to make things happen.

To be fair Keane admitted that was Blackburns game plan, to sit on Gibson and Fellaini - but we should have done better, not because Blackburn are fighting against relegation, but because we have better players than them... although you wouldn't think so - yes it was a bad day at the office, but we still got a point, however, we are having too many bad days at the office - we need to focus on defending from all over the park and attacking from all over the park - don't wait for someone else to cover or to go forward - move as a team, not as a lazy bunch o'fuckers.
Sack the Juggler
Sack the Juggler

Number of posts : 25877
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz Sun 22 Jan 2012, 5:31 pm

Sack the Juggler wrote:
Bluejags wrote:

To be fair Keane admitted that was Blackburns game plan, to sit on Gibson and Fellaini - but we should have done better, not because Blackburn are fighting against relegation, but because we have better players than them... although you wouldn't think so - yes it was a bad day at the office, but we still got a point, however, we are having too many bad days at the office - we need to focus on defending from all over the park and attacking from all over the park - don't wait for someone else to cover or to go forward - move as a team, not as a lazy bunch o'fuckers.

Another problem is the constant chopping and changing at midfield due to injuries and from. I doubt we have had a settled functional midfield all season.

Back to top Go down

Post  fatboblatch Sun 22 Jan 2012, 6:05 pm

You could say the same about Blackburn, hit the post etc...they looked more dangerous, wanted it more...I don't think we are generally being hysterical, just a result of watching a match that has filled us with very little hope.
fatboblatch
fatboblatch

Number of posts : 1514
Registration date : 2007-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Sun 22 Jan 2012, 6:25 pm

We're not very good. Moyes knows it, he seems to be playing out time this season. His only aim is to avoid relegation, then I think he'll consider it job done. If he has an ounce of self-worth and ambition he will leave in the summer, regardless of what the fans think. He should be looking at a club which will give him a few quid to spend and a proper shot at Europa qualification, the way Stoke did with Pulis and Sunderland have done with Bruce and now O'Neill. No point staying with us for another season of this. I would like him to get us to safety then fuck off personally and let another man have a go at trying to play some entertaining football at the very least. Nothing against Moyes, he's done brilliantly overall, just that it's over really isn't it?

hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25826
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz Sun 22 Jan 2012, 8:42 pm

hairy cataract wrote:We're not very good. Moyes knows it, he seems to be playing out time this season. His only aim is to avoid relegation, then I think he'll consider it job done. If he has an ounce of self-worth and ambition he will leave in the summer, regardless of what the fans think. He should be looking at a club which will give him a few quid to spend and a proper shot at Europa qualification, the way Stoke did with Pulis and Sunderland have done with Bruce and now O'Neill. No point staying with us for another season of this. I would like him to get us to safety then fuck off personally and let another man have a go at trying to play some entertaining football at the very least. Nothing against Moyes, he's done brilliantly overall, just that it's over really isn't it?

In fairness I tend to agree. From Moyes perspective what can he do with us now? He can see the profile of the team is getting older, we have few good players at their peak and the rest is a sprinkle with youth and vague promise. He won't get any money for an overhaul so I too believe, that he is just trying and keep us up this year. We haven't put anyone to the sword this season, the players are playing with fear and a lack of drive, going through the motions really. Like you Hairy, no anti-Moyes histrionics, just a realization that the cycle is complete and we are at a dead in. Gibson is an honest signing, but as we saw yesterday he is no missing link. I think what we need now is a fresh start, a clear out of players with their best days behind them, i.e. Cahill, Saha, Neville etc. No bad feeling, just the dawn of reality. Bill, with a futile attempt, funded a decent team up to a few seasons ago, but you have to be better then decent to stay up there. Liverpool spunk £100m plus, and where are they? 7th! Without investment, the club will have to reinvent itself. Maybe that will take the energy of a new man to start the project. Moyes is a proud man. He can only look at the financial backing Spurs have got and sigh.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11