606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aston Villa 1 Everton 1 (Anichebe)

+15
Armchair
Tonteau
Dixie Land
RhinoJagz
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
Mr_Ben
Made 4 Gwladys
hairy cataract
The President
ToffeeDan
Statman
anticipate_the_pass
Synth_fg®
Albert
SouthernSmugToffee
19 posters

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

Aston Villa 1 Everton 1 (Anichebe) - Page 8 Empty Re: Aston Villa 1 Everton 1 (Anichebe)

Post  hairy cataract Sat 14 Jan 2012, 4:58 pm

The President wrote:Stuck at work and busy
No radio or links that work on work computer

How did Gibson do?

I thought he looked pretty good. Really solid, some great tackles, simple distribution. Considering he's only been with us for about a day, he looked really composed and at ease in the middle of the park. Of course, he will probably give up in a few weeks and start strolling around like Fellaini, but I have to say I thought he made an assured debut. He was playing pretty deep so he never got a chance to put in a blockbuster shot, but if he keeps it up he'll probably be our captain in a couple of years.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25826
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Aston Villa 1 Everton 1 (Anichebe) - Page 8 Empty Re: Aston Villa 1 Everton 1 (Anichebe)

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? Sat 14 Jan 2012, 4:59 pm

hairy cataract wrote:
Armchair Evertonian wrote:Shite only drew Smile

Assuming the Barcodes beat QPR tomorrow, the Shite will be in 7th.

Kenny really has turned that club around hasn't he?
'

its not the big 4 any more, its the big 7..... Do Europa places still go down that low? Very Happy
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Number of posts : 17435
Registration date : 2006-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sat 14 Jan 2012, 5:00 pm

mindyerho? wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:

'

its not the big 4 any more, its the big 7..... Do Europa places still go down that low? Very Happy
He's positioning them to start the season in July by qulifying through the Intertoto cup, or whatever it is

Number of posts : 40811

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Sat 14 Jan 2012, 5:02 pm

mindyerho? wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:

'

ACtually I just looked at the RS's starting line-up. I don't think he had any strikers did he? Kuyt? The dozy cunt must have been watching Moyes and thinking "aye, Davey has it right. You have tae respect the likes of Stoke, nae play the £35m striker up front or the Welsh nobhead with the tattoos who scores all the goals..."
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25826

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Sat 14 Jan 2012, 5:07 pm

Donovan was MOTM for us (IMHO).

Gibson should be made to be a CDM, maybe the next Barry Horne, as earlier stipulated by other he is no match winner.

Good goal by Vic, glad to see his knee is okay too!
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sat 14 Jan 2012, 5:13 pm

Mr_Ben wrote:Donovan was MOTM for us (IMHO).

Gibson should be made to be a CDM, maybe the next Barry Horne, as earlier stipulated by other he is no match winner.

Duffy MOTM for me... did great for a kid in his first full game

Number of posts : 40811

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? Sat 14 Jan 2012, 5:15 pm

Cadbury's Dairy Milk? ..... scratch

I'm hungry....
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Sat 14 Jan 2012, 5:16 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:

Their goal was a joke. Watch back and Phil Neville is the only defender in the 6 yard box. Not saying Duffy wasn't good just thought the defending at time was poor.

Last edited by Mr_Ben on Sat 14 Jan 2012, 5:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? Sat 14 Jan 2012, 5:16 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:

think I'd go along with that. Abongobongolawdylawdy Aston Villa 1 Everton 1 (Anichebe) - Page 8 Bottom lost him once at a corner but apart from that he was pretty dominant.

Last edited by mindyerho? on Sat 14 Jan 2012, 5:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? Sat 14 Jan 2012, 5:20 pm

Oh, and whisper it, but Clattenburg was better than I expected. Still denied us two penalties (or just plain wasn't in the right place) and booked Fellaini for nothing, but... Embarassed

No, can't keep it up, he was shite as usual. Evil or Very Mad
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Back to top Go down

Post  fatboblatch Sat 14 Jan 2012, 6:01 pm

Armchair Evertonian wrote:Two mediocre teams playing mediocre football in a game that no one will remember.

what game are you referring to? Wink
fatboblatch
fatboblatch

Number of posts : 1514
Registration date : 2007-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz Sat 14 Jan 2012, 6:06 pm

Considering it was our 3rd and 4th choice centre halfs, a new signing thrown into middle of the park, and a misfiring attack, Id pretty much settle for a draw today. Especially after going behind. Villa and Everton slowly heading in wrong direction.

Number of posts : 26901
Registration date : 2006-01-22

http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Sat 14 Jan 2012, 9:40 pm

Maybe the next Carsley? Cars was no great shakes, but he was given a role by DM and he did it in a quiet effective way, and threw in a few memorable goals. Gibson, there you go................
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land Sun 15 Jan 2012, 12:08 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:

Maybe the next Carsley? Cars was no great shakes, but he was given a role by DM and he did it in a quiet effective way, and threw in a few memorable goals. Gibson, there you go................

We already have Fellaini, Rodwell, Neville and Heitinga who can play in the defensive midfield role. I would prefer to see Gibson a bit higher up and have a go at scoring a few. Cahill is not the same player he used to be and we don't have many other options there.
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20992
Registration date : 2006-01-07

http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Sun 15 Jan 2012, 2:55 pm

Just seen the highlights. Great finish by Victor. How we didn't win that by 3 or 4 is beyond me. Given in great form, but as Vic showed, all you need to do is pass it in, we're trying too hard to score sometimes. That Hutton is a proper snide. He's taylor made to play for Liverpool.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15976
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Crosby S74 Sun 15 Jan 2012, 3:04 pm

That chance that Royston cut out for Villa, and I swear down this is true, he was ambling about and whoever it was made the run behind him and someone in the crowd shouted "ROYSTON" he turned around, saw the run and cut it out.

Someone not far from me in the crowd saved a goal.

Number of posts : 28054
Registration date : 2005-10-13

http://www.myspace.com/mtcefc

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Sun 15 Jan 2012, 3:08 pm

Michael Crosby S74 wrote:That chance that Royston cut out for Villa, and I swear down this is true, he was ambling about and whoever it was made the run behind him and someone in the crowd shouted "ROYSTON" he turned around, saw the run and cut it out.

Sign him Davey!
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22501
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  fatboblatch Sun 15 Jan 2012, 3:44 pm

Michael Crosby S74 wrote:That chance that Royston cut out for Villa, and I swear down this is true, he was ambling about and whoever it was made the run behind him and someone in the crowd shouted "ROYSTON" he turned around, saw the run and cut it out.

Ol Roy was shite yesterday, always seems to fall over
fatboblatch
fatboblatch

Number of posts : 1514
Registration date : 2007-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Lumper Sun 15 Jan 2012, 5:05 pm

fatboblatch wrote:

I'd agree that Royston was shit yesterday but the incident MC is talking about was a great piece of defending. Doesn't suprise me that someone had to draw Royston's attention to the runner.
Lumper
Lumper

Number of posts : 6833
Registration date : 2007-12-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Sun 15 Jan 2012, 8:58 pm

Those shirts were shyte.
I've always disliked gray. It just blends in rather than stands out.
the yellow/amber off-the-shoulder-number should be permanent.
cheers
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Crosby S74 Mon 16 Jan 2012, 3:34 pm

fatboblatch wrote:

He seems to be very hit and miss, he gives the ball away a lot too.

I think he would be most effective playing against a team who play like an away team at home.

I don't know who that would be, I think he would be a valuable addition to the team, but I think he get's frustrated and starts chasing the ball rather than hugging the touchline.

I'd like to see him sign a permanant contract but I wouldn't be that disappointed if he didn't.

Number of posts : 28054
Registration date : 2005-10-13

http://www.myspace.com/mtcefc

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8