606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everton 1 v 2 Bolton (Howard)

+21
RhinoJagz
Tonteau
SouthernSmugToffee
Albert
hairy cataract
Yankthattoffee
Armchair
The President
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
Knight of Thorgothshire
paul
Dixie Land
Lumper
Barry Horne's Equaliser
fatboblatch
Doc( Ninetoes )blue
fourdoors
ToffeeDan
Mr_Ben
notepad
Royal Blue Mersey
25 posters

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Go down

Everton 1 v 2 Bolton (Howard) - Page 11 Empty Re: Everton 1 v 2 Bolton (Howard)

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? January 5th 2012, 00:12

mindyerho? wrote:
Super wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:bar Neutral Neutral

Demba Ba has been awesome for Newcastle this evening. Wish we had been able to get him.

I dropped Rooney in favour of him from my fantasy side. nice profit too.....

went to see if the transfr took effect tonight or next week, and found this....

Has departed for the African Cup of Nations. - Expected back 12 Feb
Evil or Very Mad bastids
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Number of posts : 17435
Registration date : 2006-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee January 5th 2012, 00:28

I wonder how the injury situation is?
3 key players.
Then we just lost our way completely.
The wind made it a bit of a joke, but our play was so poor.
They have 3 big goomers at the back and once again we play hoof ball in a gale.
and how did the 5 players running in on Baines' free kick manage to all overrun the rebound?
Where does DM go from here?
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? January 5th 2012, 02:59

Yankthattoffee wrote:I wonder how the injury situation is?
3 key players.
and how did the 5 players running in on Baines' free kick manage to all overrun the rebound?

I was in meetings all day (Gerry driving me nuts) so didnt see any of the game. I heard Jags left Goody on crutches but who else got knacked?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Number of posts : 17435
Registration date : 2006-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post  The President January 5th 2012, 06:15

Only saw the Lowlights on MoTD

Were we really that Bad affraid

Could be a long 2nd half of the season affraid
The President
The President

Number of posts : 11907
Registration date : 2005-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair January 5th 2012, 08:10

mindyerho? wrote:
3 key players.

I was in meetings all day (Gerry driving me nuts) so didnt see any of the game. I heard Jags left Goody on crutches but who else got knacked?

Ossie and Rodders limped off. They looked more like knocks than long-term injuries though.

At least our next PL game should be straightforward...away to Spurs pale
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22536
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Bryan January 5th 2012, 09:05

Albert wrote:
mindyerho? wrote:
Super wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:bar Neutral Neutral

Demba Ba has been awesome for Newcastle this evening. Wish we had been able to get him.

I dropped Rooney in favour of him from my fantasy side. nice profit too.....

moyes said it wasn't the money, he just didn't fancy him

It wasn't he didn't fancy him, it was paying his numerous hangers on and signing on fee which annoyed him, allegedly.

Still 15 goals this season, and a zero transfer 'fee' we could have had the Yak & Ba playing.

Very Happy

Bryan

Number of posts : 14338
Registration date : 2006-01-30

http://www.nba.com/heat/

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee January 5th 2012, 09:58

Armchair Evertonian wrote:
mindyerho? wrote:
3 key players.

Ossie and Rodders limped off. They looked more like knocks than long-term injuries though.

Rodders looked like hamstring. Punching the turf wasn't a good sign.
The heavy conditions was tough of a liitle 'un like ossie against the brute force of Bolton.
God, we looked awful in the second half.
J5 just isn't the player I thought he was. He came with the fire and brimstone reputation, but he's just a wimp, sadly.
A few players have gotten old in a dramatic way. Cahill, Saha, Neville each look like there's nothing left in their tanks, both physically and mentally.
DM needs a big rethink
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract January 5th 2012, 10:07

Yankthattoffee wrote:
mindyerho? wrote:
3 key players.

The heavy conditions was tough of a liitle 'un like ossie against the brute force of Bolton.
J5 just isn't the player I thought he was. He came with the fire and brimstone reputation, but he's just a wimp, sadly.
A few players have gotten old in a dramatic way. Cahill, Saha, Neville each look like there's nothing left in their tanks, both physically and mentally.
DM needs a big rethink

Yes, that's all kind of what I was thinking watching the second half. In some ways it was the most depressing match of the season - it didn't make me angry like other games have, it was just the sinking realisation that so many of our players are past their best and nobody is at their peak, except Baines. I have to say, if I was Baines I'd think very carefully about what I was doing at Everton. He's a top player and we are stuck in a terrible rut here that will take several seasons to get out of, and that's his best years gone.

Rodwell's injury problems worry me, a young lad like that shouldn't be lasting twenty minutes. But, for me, the biggest loss would be Ossie if he's injured. When he went, we lost all our spark. I know he gets slagged off loads, especially on Toffeewank, but he's got a great eye for a pass, and very quick feet. Without him we had nothing. Gueye isn't really good enough, Straq is a big fucking lump who might just forge a partnership with Landon but I doubt it, Saha is finished, Neville is finished, Cahill is finished, J5 is really poor, Jags looks like he's out for a while, etc etc

I don't think we'll go down, but Bolton looked a better side than us and that's a bit worrying. Hopefully there are weaker sides in the division who will go down before us, and Moyes is expert at keeping the whole better than the sum of its parts, but fuck me dark days at Goodison,
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25856
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Bryan January 5th 2012, 11:24

hairy cataract wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
mindyerho? wrote:
3 key players.

DM needs a big rethink

Yes, that's all kind of what I was thinking watching the second half. In some ways it was the most depressing match of the season - it didn't make me angry like other games have, it was just the sinking realisation that so many of our players are past their best and nobody is at their peak, except Baines. I have to say, if I was Baines I'd think very carefully about what I was doing at Everton. He's a top player and we are stuck in a terrible rut here that will take several seasons to get out of, and that's his best years gone.

Rodwell's injury problems worry me, a young lad like that shouldn't be lasting twenty minutes. But, for me, the biggest loss would be Ossie if he's injured. When he went, we lost all our spark. I know he gets slagged off loads, especially on Toffeewank, but he's got a great eye for a pass, and very quick feet. Without him we had nothing. Gueye isn't really good enough, Straq is a big fucking lump who might just forge a partnership with Landon but I doubt it, Saha is finished, Neville is finished, Cahill is finished, J5 is really poor, Jags looks like he's out for a while, etc etc

I don't think we'll go down, but Bolton looked a better side than us and that's a bit worrying. Hopefully there are weaker sides in the division who will go down before us, and Moyes is expert at keeping the whole better than the sum of its parts, but fuck me dark days at Goodison,

Osman has been our best player this season.

Bryan

Back to top Go down

Post  Albert January 5th 2012, 12:31

Bryan wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
mindyerho? wrote:
3 key players.

DM needs a big rethink

3 years ago he wasnt good enough for our first team and now he's one of our key players. shows how much we've crumbled in recent times.

Rodwell getting injured could be a good thing as any potential buyers might just judge him on his england performance rather than a series of ineffectual everton ones (he wasnt doing anything when he came on).

We need to sell before we can buy, and the most saleable players we can afford to lose are probably Bily and Rodwell. Fellaini and Baines are too inflential to lose.
Albert
Albert

Number of posts : 15653
Registration date : 2006-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post  SouthernSmugToffee January 5th 2012, 14:46

All Teams have off days and we had one last night IMO!

Conditions were almost unplayable at times, playing into the wind in the first half just seemed to sap our strength.

Its easy to have a knee jerk reaction after such a lack lustre performance and call for wholesale changes, but Moyes will turn it round. We will probably go to White Hart Lane next week and win.

Trust in the Moysiah!
SouthernSmugToffee
SouthernSmugToffee

Number of posts : 3935
Registration date : 2008-01-08

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz January 5th 2012, 14:52

SouthernSmugToffee wrote:All Teams have off days and we had one last night IMO!

Conditions were almost unplayable at times, playing into the wind in the first half just seemed to sap our strength.

Its easy to have a knee jerk reaction after such a lack lustre performance and call for wholesale changes, but Moyes will turn it round. We will probably go to White Hart Lane next week and win.

Trust in the Moysiah!

dem be sum mighty fine straws you clutchn' at boy!

Very Happy

Number of posts : 26901
Registration date : 2006-01-22

http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Post  SouthernSmugToffee January 5th 2012, 14:55

Bluejags wrote:
SouthernSmugToffee wrote:All Teams have off days and we had one last night IMO!

Trust in the Moysiah!

dem be sum mighty fine straws you clutchn' at boy!

Very Happy

I know. Everton 1 v 2 Bolton (Howard) - Page 11 273473
SouthernSmugToffee
SouthernSmugToffee

Back to top Go down

Post  Bryan January 5th 2012, 15:04

Albert wrote:
Bryan wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
mindyerho? wrote:
3 key players.

DM needs a big rethink

3 years ago he wasnt good enough for our first team and now he's one of our key players. shows how much we've crumbled in recent times.

Rodwell getting injured could be a good thing as any potential buyers might just judge him on his england performance rather than a series of ineffectual everton ones (he wasnt doing anything when he came on).

We need to sell before we can buy, and the most saleable players we can afford to lose are probably Bily and Rodwell. Fellaini and Baines are too inflential to lose.

we need to raise £14m( ish ) every financial year from what i have been told.

Bryan

Back to top Go down

Post  SouthernSmugToffee January 5th 2012, 15:16

At least we didn't lose 3-0!
SouthernSmugToffee
SouthernSmugToffee

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau January 5th 2012, 15:24

Bryan wrote:
Albert wrote:
Bryan wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
mindyerho? wrote:
3 key players.

DM needs a big rethink

we need to raise £14m( ish ) every financial year from what i have been told.

Blimey. And that's before we think about buying players. No No
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15978
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz January 5th 2012, 19:42

Still depressed... Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz January 6th 2012, 10:22

Bluejags wrote:Still depressed... Crying or Very sad

Still depressed... Sad

Back to top Go down

Post  Bryan January 6th 2012, 10:35

Bluejags wrote:

Still depressed... Sad

get used to it, 'daddy'.

Bryan

Back to top Go down

Post  Super January 6th 2012, 16:31

Only just round to watching the lowlights. How did no-one manage to get on the rebound from Baines freekick at the end of the game? There must have been about 5 Everton players on the edge of the 6 yard box when the ball came back off the crossbar.
Super
Super

Number of posts : 38094
Registration date : 2005-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Statman January 6th 2012, 16:55

Super wrote:Only just round to watching the lowlights. How did no-one manage to get on the rebound from Baines freekick at the end of the game? There must have been about 5 Everton players on the edge of the 6 yard box when the ball came back off the crossbar.

Just one of those things. When things are going your way rebounds hit you in the face and go in the goal.

That said, we got what we deserved from that game.
Statman
Statman

Number of posts : 7093
Registration date : 2005-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys January 6th 2012, 17:04

Bluejags wrote:

Still depressed... Sad
you'll be suicidal after tomorrow's result Neutral

Number of posts : 40856
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11