606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

7: Nikica Jelavic - Ranging in on Goal

+36
Goodison_Gringo
Statman
RhinoJagz
Made 4 Gwladys
Super
hairy cataract
Hinchcliffe Corner
Tonteau
ToffeeDan
VenezuelaBlue
Yankthattoffee
Blue gazza
Helenqu
Merseyblue
The President
Albert
Barry Horne's Equaliser
SEFTON
Sack the Juggler
Michael Crosby S74
Bryan
Gravy & Chips
Doc( Ninetoes )blue
fatboblatch
Da Judge
Cahill the Great
tadpole
Tenner
Dixie Land
SouthernSmugToffee
notepad
anticipate_the_pass
fourdoors
Lumper
My other LB is a Ferrari
Bluey
40 posters

Page 14 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down

7:  Nikica Jelavic - Ranging in on Goal - Page 14 Empty Re: 7: Nikica Jelavic - Ranging in on Goal

Post  Merseyblue Sat 11 Jan 2014, 1:42 pm

Looking at the price quoted this is a good deal, providing we have someone to come in to replace him.
As someone has pointed out, we need quality up top and not another squad player. If we don't replace him and Lukaku gets injured we're very lightweight up there.

I have faith in Roberto though  Very Happy 
Merseyblue
Merseyblue

Number of posts : 9163
Registration date : 2005-10-17

Back to top Go down

7:  Nikica Jelavic - Ranging in on Goal - Page 14 Empty Re: 7: Nikica Jelavic - Ranging in on Goal

Post  Merseyblue Mon 13 Jan 2014, 2:19 pm

http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/Steve-Bruce-Hull-City-record-transfer-kitty/story-20432827-detail/story.html

STEVE Bruce believes Hull City’s readiness to spend big in the January window underlines the long-term ambition of owner Assem Allam to become part of the Premier League establishment.

City stand on the brink of a record-breaking week in the transfer market after seeing a £6.5m bid for Everton striker Nikica Jelavic accepted and following that up with a fresh approach to sign Shane Long from West Brom for the same figure.

After personal talks were staged with Jelavic yesterday, City are hopeful of convincing the Croatia international to join in the next 48 hours for a new club record fee.

There is much more work to be done in the protracted chase of Long this week, but the Tigers have made it abundantly clear to the Baggies that they prepared to spend big for a second time.

£6.5 million is more than i'd have thought  Very Happy 

Merseyblue
Merseyblue

Number of posts : 9163

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Mon 13 Jan 2014, 7:14 pm

It seems as if drugs are readily available in Hull as well as Colorado...
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74305

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Helenqu Mon 13 Jan 2014, 8:48 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:It seems as if drugs are readily available in Hull as well as Colorado...

I used to work in Hull for a Drug and Alcohol service and YES!!!
Helenqu
Helenqu

Number of posts : 4895
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.silverchainsuk.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Mon 13 Jan 2014, 9:00 pm

Helenqu wrote:
Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:It seems as if drugs are readily available in Hull as well as Colorado...

Nice job, did you get loads of free samples?
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25826

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Helenqu Mon 13 Jan 2014, 9:20 pm

hairberto cataract wrote:
Helenqu wrote:

Nice job, did you get loads of free samples?

This is Yorkshire we are talking about!
Helenqu
Helenqu

Number of posts : 4895

http://www.silverchainsuk.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Statman Tue 14 Jan 2014, 3:13 pm

Wrong forum. He's gone.

I'm feeling a little bit sad.  Sad Sad Sad 
Statman
Statman

Number of posts : 7093
Registration date : 2005-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza Tue 14 Jan 2014, 3:43 pm

Statman wrote:Wrong forum. He's gone.

Me too, I can't help but feel that it's a mistake to let him go. But,IMWT let's see who he replaces him with
Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 8008

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Tue 14 Jan 2014, 4:17 pm

Shame, I still think he has goals in him. I hope he does well at Hull.

We badly need a replacement as we only have Lukaku and Vellios  Neutral 
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22501
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Tue 14 Jan 2014, 4:38 pm

do you know the final fee ??

Number of posts : 40811

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Statman Tue 14 Jan 2014, 4:45 pm

Made FooFoo Gwladys wrote:

The word is £6.5m rising to £7.5m but it is only 'the word'. What do I know?
Statman
Statman

Number of posts : 7093
Registration date : 2005-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Tue 14 Jan 2014, 7:29 pm

Statman wrote:
Made FooFoo Gwladys wrote:

The word is £6.5m rising to £7.5m but it is only 'the word'. What do I know?
To be fair, getting £6.5M for him is a great piece of business. Hopefully we can invest that towards a new striker.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza Tue 14 Jan 2014, 8:01 pm

michy-batshuayi perhaps  Very Happy 
Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 8008

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Wed 15 Jan 2014, 1:03 am

Blueberto wrote:michy-batshuayi perhaps  Very Happy 

On 14th January 2014, Batshuayi agreed a long-term deal at Everton after agreeing personal terms and Standard Liège accepting a £7m bid, which was his previous release clause.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz Wed 15 Jan 2014, 10:37 am

Yankthattoffee wrote:

On 14th January 2014, Batshuayi agreed a long-term deal at Everton after agreeing personal terms and Standard Liège accepting a £7m bid, which was his previous release clause.

Mitsubishi to his mates

Number of posts : 26901
Registration date : 2006-01-22

http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Wed 15 Jan 2014, 12:45 pm

Bluejagz wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:

Mitsubishi to his mates
How does "Mitch the bat" sound?
Looks direct and powerful (Youtube). A sort of Bony.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  VenezuelaBlue Wed 15 Jan 2014, 5:37 pm

I hope he does well enough at Hull to make it to the World Cup. He would have been out of contention warming our bench. Good luck lad!
VenezuelaBlue
VenezuelaBlue

Number of posts : 2082
Registration date : 2006-11-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Wed 15 Jan 2014, 5:57 pm

GBP 6.5M up front
GBP 1M if Hull don't get relegated this season
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Wed 15 Jan 2014, 5:58 pm

Dixie Land wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4001723/Everton-back-in-for-Rangers-ace-Nikica-Jelavic.html

If we sign him I am going cry, not in joy either. He is more lazy Michael Madar

cheers cheers

That is going to haunt you forever mate.  7:  Nikica Jelavic - Ranging in on Goal - Page 14 F_laugh

7:  Nikica Jelavic - Ranging in on Goal - Page 14 661318 7:  Nikica Jelavic - Ranging in on Goal - Page 14 661318 
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  ToffeeDan Wed 15 Jan 2014, 6:19 pm

£7.5M is sensational business - especially since he a) cost £5.5M b.) went right off the boil and c) from the point of view of our P&L was already amortised to around £3M (if we assume a 4.5 to 5 year contract from 2012) - win, win, win.

Liverpoole Echo Sun 12 March 1234: Euerton celebrate another drubbing of ye Shoite - quaffing muche Ale (Ye Spellowe, Blacke Horse, Wims Lowe (upstairs)) and spliffs & oft singing new chant "1,2 - 1,2,3 - 1,2,3,4 - 5-Nil." Big Dunkane (Bird Keeper of Euerton) was, yet again, sent-off by Judge Polle for landing several blows at head of serf James of Carreggore & Red Shoite Stephen Meelaar, Squire of Hitune fame who wed Ladie of The Night Alexa de Curraine and is wont to fight pubbe minstrels, was given an earlie dunking in Ye Mere of Stanlee Parke for an elbough to face of local serf Hibbeyrt. After being given ye olde clothe of vinegar by Rath-Boyne Hibbeyrt returned to scoreth fifth & finale goale past Ye Flying Pigge Thomas of Lawrence in Parke Ende - a riot followed. Euerton: Weste, Hibbeyrt, Wilsone, La Boyne, Mountyfielde, Balle, Kendel, Harveigh, Fergusaine, Latcheford, Deen of Tran Mere
ToffeeDan
ToffeeDan

Number of posts : 20252
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://www.packers.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Wed 15 Jan 2014, 6:48 pm

Toffee Dan wrote:    £7.5M is sensational business - especially since he a) cost £5.5M b.) went right off the boil and c) from the point of view of our P&L was already amortised to around £3M (if we assume a 4.5 to 5 year contract from 2012) - win, win, win.

...provided we can bring in a replacement.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22501
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Wed 15 Jan 2014, 7:23 pm

Mr_Ben wrote:GBP 6.5M up front
GBP 1M if Hull don't get relegated this season
If, and that's a big if I think, those numbers are correct.... HOLY FOOK! WHAT A DEAL!!!  cheers cheers 
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Wed 15 Jan 2014, 7:24 pm

Armchair Evertonian wrote:
Toffee Dan wrote:    £7.5M is sensational business - especially since he a) cost £5.5M b.) went right off the boil and c) from the point of view of our P&L was already amortised to around £3M (if we assume a 4.5 to 5 year contract from 2012) - win, win, win.

...provided we can bring in a replacement.
Not disagreeing with that, but Mirallas can, although not ideal, play up front.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Thu 16 Jan 2014, 10:24 am

Nikicia Jelavic wrote:I’d like to take this opportunity to thank the Everton fans from the bottom of my heart for their support during my time at Goodison.

They gave me their backing from day one and never stopped believing in me, which is something I will always remember.

To score on my full debut in that memorable game against Tottenham was very special, and the feeling of Goodison that night will remain with me.

I believe the scoring run which I went on during those first six months is the real Nikica Jelavic and I’m pleased the Evertonians were able to see and appreciate what I’m really about.

Everton supporters have a special way of making you feel like one of them, and even when I was not in the team in more recent times I always felt they were behind me.

Playing for Croatia is something I also take huge pride in and with a World Cup on the horizon I was in the situation of needing to play more games to make sure I remain in Niko Kovac’s thoughts ahead of the tournament in Brazil.

Unfortunately that wasn’t happening at Everton, and Roberto Martinez was very honest and up front with me about his thinking.

He listened to my concerns and said he would try and do the right thing for me.

When I went to meet Steve Bruce I realised it was the right move to a club with the potential to become a top Premier League outfit in the coming years.

Steve's ambition was clear, as was his desire to see me playing and scoring goals.

While I’m sad to wave farewell to Everton and all my friends; both in the changing room, around the training ground, and the fans in the streets, it is time for my next challenge.

I’m only pleased that I was able to say goodbye with two goals in the FA Cup win against QPR, and share some special celebrations with them one last time.

I hope to be celebrating many more goals in future, and I’m excited to get going at my new club.

But you can guarantee the Toffees will remain in my heart. I hope they can go on to fulfil their ambitions this season and I will always look out for them.

Hvala vam i sretno (Thank you and good luck)

Nikica Jelavic
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15976

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinchcliffe Corner Thu 16 Jan 2014, 10:49 am

Nikicia Jelavic wrote:I’d like to take this opportunity to thank the Everton fans from the bottom of my heart for their support during my time at Goodison.

They gave me their backing from day one and never stopped believing in me, which is something I will always remember.

To score on my full debut in that memorable game against Tottenham was very special, and the feeling of Goodison that night will remain with me.

I believe the scoring run which I went on during those first six months is the real Nikica Jelavic and I’m pleased the Evertonians were able to see and appreciate what I’m really about.

Everton supporters have a special way of making you feel like one of them, and even when I was not in the team in more recent times I always felt they were behind me.

Playing for Croatia is something I also take huge pride in and with a World Cup on the horizon I was in the situation of needing to play more games to make sure I remain in Niko Kovac’s thoughts ahead of the tournament in Brazil.

Unfortunately that wasn’t happening at Everton, and Roberto Martinez was very honest and up front with me about his thinking.

He listened to my concerns and said he would try and do the right thing for me.

When I went to meet Steve Bruce I realised it was the right move to a club with the potential to become a top Premier League outfit in the coming years.

Steve's ambition was clear, as was his desire to see me playing and scoring goals.

While I’m sad to wave farewell to Everton and all my friends; both in the changing room, around the training ground, and the fans in the streets, it is time for my next challenge.

I’m only pleased that I was able to say goodbye with two goals in the FA Cup win against QPR, and share some special celebrations with them one last time.

I hope to be celebrating many more goals in future, and I’m excited to get going at my new club.

But you can guarantee the Toffees will remain in my heart. I hope they can go on to fulfil their ambitions this season and I will always look out for them.

Hvala vam i sretno (Thank you and good luck)

Nikica Jelavic

I wish him all the best. I have absolutely no doubt that he's a better player than his recent form has shown, and he'll shine somewhere else.
Hinchcliffe Corner
Hinchcliffe Corner

Number of posts : 2425
Registration date : 2006-01-27

http://www.phil-cooper.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next