606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Man City 2 Everton 0

+22
notepad
Mr_Ben
ToffeeDan
Dixie Land
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
hairy cataract
Made 4 Gwladys
Armchair
Blue gazza
Yankthattoffee
fatboblatch
Helenqu
Doc( Ninetoes )blue
The President
Luka Perfect
Super
toffee_pies
anticipate_the_pass
Sheep Flavour
Bluey
SouthernSmugToffee
Da Judge
26 posters

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Go down

Man City 2 Everton 0 - Page 10 Empty Re: Man City 2 Everton 0

Post  Tonteau Sun 25 Sep 2011, 12:52 am

Howard Webb is an absolute clown. The more he refs us the more pissed off I get with his terrible decisions. He really was shocking today. Booked Osman for nothing, he should have booked Baines for a block and to overlook the Kompany block on Saha, was just pathetic. He was shameful.

That said, we didn't do a lot of attacking and at best weshould probably have had a point out of the game. Nothing from that performance makes me think we can't beat the shite, though. I just hope we attack them and make them have to defend something. It was too easy for Citeh today, partly that's because they've spent £70,000,000,000,000,000,000 on players (And £50 to bribe the ref) but it's also down to us not really going at them and making them defend. And Vellios looks good, really good. He could be quite a player.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15978
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? Sun 25 Sep 2011, 2:01 pm

Tonteau wrote:Howard Webb is an absolute clown. The more he refs us the more pissed off I get with his terrible decisions. He really was shocking today. Booked Osman for nothing, he should have booked Baines for a block and to overlook the Kompany block on Saha, was just pathetic. He was shameful.

That said, we didn't do a lot of attacking and at best weshould probably have had a point out of the game. Nothing from that performance makes me think we can't beat the shite, though. I just hope we attack them and make them have to defend something. It was too easy for Citeh today, partly that's because they've spent £70,000,000,000,000,000,000 on players (And £50 to bribe the ref) but it's also down to us not really going at them and making them defend. And Vellios looks good, really good. He could be quite a player.

this.
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Number of posts : 17435
Registration date : 2006-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Sun 25 Sep 2011, 2:15 pm

Also, thought Rodwell was excellent all game. Silva (stupidly good player) didn't get a sniff until drenthe gave the ball away (Dixie, right wing or left wing, it was a terrible pass. You should never surrender possesion that easily). Really encouraging from a player we all thought would do more than he has thus far. Gave us the hope that maybe he still will.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land Sun 25 Sep 2011, 4:54 pm

Tonteau wrote:Also, thought Rodwell was excellent all game. Silva (stupidly good player) didn't get a sniff until drenthe gave the ball away (Dixie, right wing or left wing, it was a terrible pass. You should never surrender possesion that easily). Really encouraging from a player we all thought would do more than he has thus far. Gave us the hope that maybe he still will.

I agree Tonts. It was terrible play by Drenthe and there is no excuse for it. I just thought it was a strange decision to play him on he right when we were crying out for somebody to get down the line and supply crosses.
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20992
Registration date : 2006-01-07

http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

Post  ToffeeDan Sun 25 Sep 2011, 7:20 pm

My report for RBM

http://www.royalbluemersey.com/2011/9/25/2448410/seven-of-nine-no-jam-for-toffees-as-synthetic-cream-fc-earn-win#storyjump

Seven of Nine! No Jam for Toffees as Synthetic Cream FC earn win

Everton's trip to The United (!) Stadium in Manchester to take on the financial might of Manchester City ended in disappointment as two second half goals from Super Mario Balotelli and James "I love the Villa" Milner put Everton, deservedly, to the sword.

Everton went into the match with a game plan to disrupt the millionaires whilst trying to set a few problems of their own for the arrivistes. Much of the plan went by the board as soon as the silky David Silva found the solution midway through the first half. His elusiveness proved too much for the determined Jack Rodwell and he drew a foul and a yellow card for the otherwise highly effective youngster, thereby dulling the plan and, to a large extent, negating his ability to stick close to the Spaniard. Further problems were to arrive when Silva produced his most telling moment as he completely conned the gullible arbiter Howard Webb into awarding a further yellow card to Phil Neville for being too close to the 'clever' opponent who pirouetted to the ground with theatrical aplomb. Say what you like about his considerable football skills but Silva showed he knows how to win a match by other means than beating his opponent. Quite disturbing too that Webb, showing clear signs of having failed to see the incident and no inclination to consult his assistant, felt compelled to believe the 40,000 odd spectators (a figure always difficult to ascertain given the home sides propensity to include those remarkable, invisible supporters occupying the blue spaces in the stands) rather than his own eyes. Nevertheless the tempo was now firmly set for City to gain the ascendancy and this they duly did. However it took until half way through the second half for the Millionaires to put the doughty Everton to the sword and they were grateful to a large slice of luck in opening the scoring as sub Balotelli's speculative effort from 25 yards took a wicked deflection off the excellent Phil Jagielka (who has made a habit of being an unfortunate deflector in recent years) for the opener.

Mr. Webb had one further opportunity to regally p**s off the visitors as he then denied Saha an obvious free kick for a body check on the edge of the City box - curious given that he felt compelled to book Osman for a similar but less cynical block on the opponent in a less dangerous position during the first half. One gets the distinct impression with Webb that he is lead by the crowd and the temperature of a match - that is to say you might reasonably have cause to argue that Everton, bereft of much in the way of creating chances, could easily have been pulling a fast one in Saha's fall on the edge of the box - except that in this instance they were not. It was left to Royston Drenthe to add the final note to a depressing scenario as a late loose pass was collected in the Everton half by City and another substitute, Milner, was given the simplest of tasks to put the game away. The sight of City's defence making a hash of a late, simple clearance, allowing Fellaini the opportunity to half the deficit in injury time - denied by a goal line clearance - still lends credence to my opinion that, despite having a potent attack, City still have much work to do at the other end of the pitch before they are to be considered fully capable of taking their Manchester rivals all the way in this season's title race.

Liverpoole Echo Sun 12 March 1234: Euerton celebrate another drubbing of ye Shoite - quaffing muche Ale (Ye Spellowe, Blacke Horse, Wims Lowe (upstairs)) and spliffs & oft singing new chant "1,2 - 1,2,3 - 1,2,3,4 - 5-Nil." Big Dunkane (Bird Keeper of Euerton) was, yet again, sent-off by Judge Polle for landing several blows at head of serf James of Carreggore & Red Shoite Stephen Meelaar, Squire of Hitune fame who wed Ladie of The Night Alexa de Curraine and is wont to fight pubbe minstrels, was given an earlie dunking in Ye Mere of Stanlee Parke for an elbough to face of local serf Hibbeyrt. After being given ye olde clothe of vinegar by Rath-Boyne Hibbeyrt returned to scoreth fifth & finale goale past Ye Flying Pigge Thomas of Lawrence in Parke Ende - a riot followed. Euerton: Weste, Hibbeyrt, Wilsone, La Boyne, Mountyfielde, Balle, Kendel, Harveigh, Fergusaine, Latcheford, Deen of Tran Mere
ToffeeDan
ToffeeDan

Number of posts : 20252
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://www.packers.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Mon 26 Sep 2011, 8:37 am

Tonteau wrote:Also, thought Rodwell was excellent all game. Silva (stupidly good player) didn't get a sniff until drenthe gave the ball away (Dixie, right wing or left wing, it was a terrible pass. You should never surrender possesion that easily). Really encouraging from a player we all thought would do more than he has thus far. Gave us the hope that maybe he still will.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2011/sep/25/everton-jack-rodwell-david-silva
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  notepad Mon 26 Sep 2011, 9:38 am

I just worked out that Everton's entire 1st XI on Saturday cost about the same as Aguero! affraid
Aguero was £35m and Everton around the £40m mark
notepad
notepad

Number of posts : 5167
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://blogs.soccernet.com/everton/

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz Mon 26 Sep 2011, 1:40 pm

Both teams defensively were even but you were only to look at the front 3 to see the difference. I couldnt see how putting Fellaini up top would have come to anything, plus he had a generally poor game. Then the more attacking players Moyes put on the more open we got so couldnt see what he could do with the players at his disposal. However putting Pip in the middle meant the ball came back double time. Good shape and discipline from the boys but depressing in a way with the poverty of attacking options. Vellios control and touch was excellent when he came on. Stick him in against the Shite!

Number of posts : 26901
Registration date : 2006-01-22

http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Post  Bryan Mon 26 Sep 2011, 3:48 pm

Man City 2 Everton 0 - Page 10 Cahill-300x294

Fucking cunts. Evil or Very Mad

Bryan

Number of posts : 14338
Registration date : 2006-01-30

http://www.nba.com/heat/

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Mon 26 Sep 2011, 3:53 pm

Bryan wrote:Man City 2 Everton 0 - Page 10 Cahill-300x294

I saw that, but I'm pretty sure it's more a case of Lescott apologising to Kompany for selling him short with the pass than a 'Nice one for doing cahill' handshake.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Mon 26 Sep 2011, 5:48 pm

Tonteau wrote:
Bryan wrote:Man City 2 Everton 0 - Page 10 Cahill-300x294

I saw that, but I'm pretty sure it's more a case of Lescott apologising to Kompany for selling him short with the pass than a 'Nice one for doing cahill' handshake.
No, no, no, they are cunts. Laughing Especially the ugly fooker on the left.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74366
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10