606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

11. Denis Stracqualursi - Firecracker (Brute Force)

+23
Yankthattoffee
RhinoJagz
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
fatboblatch
Cahill the Great
Tonteau
Valentino Blue
hairy cataract
Sack the Juggler
ToffeeDan
anticipate_the_pass
Blue gazza
Made 4 Gwladys
notepad
Bluey
Bryan
Diamond
Mr_Ben
The President
nousername
Albert
Hinchcliffe Corner
SouthernSmugToffee
27 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

11. Denis Stracqualursi - Firecracker (Brute Force) - Page 3 Empty Re: 11. Denis Stracqualursi - Firecracker (Brute Force)

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Tue 20 Dec 2011, 4:22 pm

STRAQATTACK cheers

Everton manager David Moyes may give a first start to on-loan forward Denis Stracqualursi after being impressed with the Argentinian's cameo role against Norwich on Saturday.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16173159.stm

Number of posts : 40811
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

11. Denis Stracqualursi - Firecracker (Brute Force) - Page 3 Empty Re: 11. Denis Stracqualursi - Firecracker (Brute Force)

Post  Yankthattoffee Tue 20 Dec 2011, 4:47 pm

Jags will have someone to hoof to. cheers
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Bryan Tue 20 Dec 2011, 8:25 pm

A quote from someone who has seen him in training

"his second touch is usually a tackle".

Bryan

Number of posts : 14338
Registration date : 2006-01-30

http://www.nba.com/heat/

Back to top Go down

Post  Diamond Wed 21 Dec 2011, 8:36 am

I will imagine he will be going back home after his loan, maybe before it ends??
Diamond
Diamond

Number of posts : 1941

Back to top Go down

Post  Bryan Wed 21 Dec 2011, 9:29 am

Diamond wrote:I will imagine he will be going back home after his loan, maybe before it ends??

Starting on Saturday

Bryan

Number of posts : 14338
Registration date : 2006-01-30

http://www.nba.com/heat/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler Wed 21 Dec 2011, 10:12 am

Bryan wrote:
Diamond wrote:I will imagine he will be going back home after his loan, maybe before it ends??

Starting on Saturday

I'm in two minds about Straq - I think he might be one of these lads who is technically ok with the ball, he can play a bit, but he's not great, but he knows where the goal is, so can score goals if he's fed the ball - so FEED THE STRAK! cheers
Sack the Juggler
Sack the Juggler

Number of posts : 25877
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Wed 21 Dec 2011, 10:30 am

Sack the Juggler wrote:
Bryan wrote:

Starting on Saturday

I'm in two minds about Straq - I think he might be one of these lads who is technically ok with the ball, he can play a bit, but he's not great, but he knows where the goal is, so can score goals if he's fed the ball - so FEED THE STRAK! cheers

I think Straq's role is more winning us the ball up the pitch. He's already laid on a goal for drenthe vs wigan. He nearly did the same with one of his first touches for Saha against norwich. He's got some presence up the pitch and this could be handy against Swansea.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15976
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Wed 21 Dec 2011, 10:49 am

Tonteau wrote:
Sack the Juggler wrote:
Bryan wrote:

Starting on Saturday

I think Straq's role is more winning us the ball up the pitch. He's already laid on a goal for drenthe vs wigan. He nearly did the same with one of his first touches for Saha against norwich. He's got some presence up the pitch and this could be handy against Swansea.
I see stracq as a player that will knock the opposition about & tuck in the odd goal.. a bit like Kevin Davis, maybe a bit of Beattie... not sure the modern game suits this type tbh... but I do think the lad deserves a proper run ... he's here after all & that's because we brought him here... the least we should do is give him a chance

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Wed 21 Dec 2011, 11:29 am

I think he is fairly rubbish with a useless first touch. But his strength might cause some problems so he is worth a try.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22501
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Wed 21 Dec 2011, 12:15 pm

I'm torn between Bernie Wright without the beard, or Bob Latchford without the touch.
Either way he won't be the long term answer, but neither was Beattie, and we somehow ended up in Europe.
In other words, as usual, I don't know what I'm talking about.
Merry Christmas
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Back to top Go down

Post  Bluey Mon 30 Jan 2012, 6:12 pm

I am a big fan of Denis, to me he's more of an old fashioned CF, I think he needs a strike partner. The guys work rate has Everton written all over it. He's starting to settle in. I know he's got his first goal, but his attitude away from the pitch has won him favour with his team mates. He works the defenders better than Cahill or Saha in my view. Hope the lad does well. Be interesting if he gets a start tomorrow.
Bluey
Bluey

Number of posts : 23509
Registration date : 2005-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Mon 30 Jan 2012, 6:25 pm

Bluey wrote:I am a big fan of Denis, to me he's more of an old fashioned CF, I think he needs a strike partner. The guys work rate has Everton written all over it. He's starting to settle in. I know he's got his first goal, but his attitude away from the pitch has won him favour with his team mates. He works the defenders better than Cahill or Saha in my view. Hope the lad does well. Be interesting if he gets a start tomorrow.

I hope Moyes picks him, he deserves it after doing the rarest of things...scoring a goal!
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22501
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Bluey Mon 30 Jan 2012, 6:27 pm

Armchair Evertonian wrote:
Bluey wrote:I am a big fan of Denis, to me he's more of an old fashioned CF, I think he needs a strike partner. The guys work rate has Everton written all over it. He's starting to settle in. I know he's got his first goal, but his attitude away from the pitch has won him favour with his team mates. He works the defenders better than Cahill or Saha in my view. Hope the lad does well. Be interesting if he gets a start tomorrow.

I hope Moyes picks him, he deserves it after doing the rarest of things...scoring a goal!

Striker in scoring goal shocker... I know..
Bluey
Bluey

Number of posts : 23509
Registration date : 2005-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Mon 30 Jan 2012, 7:41 pm

Until we find a 20 goals a season guy, Straq will have to do.
His celebration showed what it meant to him to score for us. Shirt tugging, Grass kissing stuff.
Just point him goalwards................

BTW, isn't it about time DM started talking positive? Even if he thinks that we need a couple of strikers, how would that make you feel if you were Saha, Vic, Vellios etc, when DM talks about "we don't have a decent striker" stuff?
He needs to start bigging-up some of the guys. Even if it's bollocks, a good encouraging word would not go amiss.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Back to top Go down

Post  notepad Tue 31 Jan 2012, 10:46 am

Yankthattoffee wrote:Until we find a 20 goals a season guy, Straq will have to do.
His celebration showed what it meant to him to score for us. Shirt tugging, Grass kissing stuff.

Looking at The Echo, it suggests he will start tonight
notepad
notepad

Number of posts : 5167

http://blogs.soccernet.com/everton/

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Tue 31 Jan 2012, 1:57 pm

notepad wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:Until we find a 20 goals a season guy, Straq will have to do.

Looking at The Echo, it suggests he will start tonight
It seems that he really wants to do well. Do well and earn himself a contract.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74305

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? Tue 31 Jan 2012, 11:11 pm

This lad is improving every time he gets out there. He was even showing some footwork tonight, and he kept Kompany and Lescott busy.
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Number of posts : 17435
Registration date : 2006-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Tue 31 Jan 2012, 11:11 pm

mindyerho? wrote:This lad is improving every time he gets out there. He was even showing some footwork tonight, and he kept Kompany and Lescott busy.
110% energy... cannot fault his effort... top shift tonight

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land Tue 31 Jan 2012, 11:13 pm

Can we take the "misFirecracker" part out of the title for this thread now please?
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20992
Registration date : 2006-01-07

http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Tue 31 Jan 2012, 11:17 pm

Dixie Land wrote:Can we take the "misFirecracker" part out of the title for this thread now please?
... Brute force is much more appropriate Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza Tue 31 Jan 2012, 11:28 pm

mindyerho? wrote:This lad is improving every time he gets out there. He was even showing some footwork tonight, and he kept Kompany and Lescott busy.
MOM for me

worked his socks off, kept their defence at bay, and defended for us as well

well done denis 11. Denis Stracqualursi - Firecracker (Brute Force) - Page 3 Action-s 11. Denis Stracqualursi - Firecracker (Brute Force) - Page 3 Action-s
Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 8008

Back to top Go down

Post  anticipate_the_pass Wed 01 Feb 2012, 12:14 am

the jellyman wrote:
MOM for me

worked his socks off, kept their defence at bay, and defended for us as well

well done denis 11. Denis Stracqualursi - Firecracker (Brute Force) - Page 3 Action-s 11. Denis Stracqualursi - Firecracker (Brute Force) - Page 3 Action-s

I think that Denis's work rate will keep the Jelly Bean on his toes.
anticipate_the_pass
anticipate_the_pass

Number of posts : 1014
Registration date : 2006-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Wed 01 Feb 2012, 12:55 am

Who would look forward to defending against him?
He's a freakin' nightmare.
He'll run at you, by you, through you, and he'll just keep coming back for more.
My wife felt sorry for him tonight when he was subbed. "Ar, look at him. Ran himself into the ground tonight."
I bet Kompany, who thinks he's hard, was glad to see the back of him.
He is coming on over the last 2 games. His control is improving, although parts of his game are not going to be pretty, and he closes down the back 4 as good as anybody.
I think there's more of Straq yet to come.

(Can we have a battering ram emoticon please)
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Back to top Go down

Post  ToffeeDan Wed 01 Feb 2012, 1:04 am

Dixie Land wrote:Can we take the "misFirecracker" part out of the title for this thread now please?

Done

Liverpoole Echo Sun 12 March 1234: Euerton celebrate another drubbing of ye Shoite - quaffing muche Ale (Ye Spellowe, Blacke Horse, Wims Lowe (upstairs)) and spliffs & oft singing new chant "1,2 - 1,2,3 - 1,2,3,4 - 5-Nil." Big Dunkane (Bird Keeper of Euerton) was, yet again, sent-off by Judge Polle for landing several blows at head of serf James of Carreggore & Red Shoite Stephen Meelaar, Squire of Hitune fame who wed Ladie of The Night Alexa de Curraine and is wont to fight pubbe minstrels, was given an earlie dunking in Ye Mere of Stanlee Parke for an elbough to face of local serf Hibbeyrt. After being given ye olde clothe of vinegar by Rath-Boyne Hibbeyrt returned to scoreth fifth & finale goale past Ye Flying Pigge Thomas of Lawrence in Parke Ende - a riot followed. Euerton: Weste, Hibbeyrt, Wilsone, La Boyne, Mountyfielde, Balle, Kendel, Harveigh, Fergusaine, Latcheford, Deen of Tran Mere
ToffeeDan
ToffeeDan

Number of posts : 20252
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://www.packers.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Wed 01 Feb 2012, 2:38 am

Yankthattoffee wrote:Who would look forward to defending against him?
He's a freakin' nightmare.
He'll run at you, by you, through you, and he'll just keep coming back for more.
My wife felt sorry for him tonight when he was subbed. "Ar, look at him. Ran himself into the ground tonight."
I bet Kompany, who thinks he's hard, was glad to see the back of him.
He is coming on over the last 2 games. His control is improving, although parts of his game are not going to be pretty, and he closes down the back 4 as good as anybody.
I think there's more of Straq yet to come.

(Can we have a battering ram emoticon please)
I read, on the OS I think, that he got a suburb standing ovation when he was subbed in the 90th minute. cheers

Did I mention I am so happy at the moment?! cheers We had a great transfer window! cheers
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74305

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next