606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

20: Ross Barkley - Royal Blue future

+39
hairy cataract
Gravy & Chips
Made 4 Gwladys
SouthernSmugToffee
Da Judge
Barry Horne's Equaliser
Sack the Juggler
Blue gazza
Armchair
Statman
SEFTON
Hinchcliffe Corner
WellOilBeefHooked
Albert
Tonteau
Valentino Blue
Yankthattoffee
RhinoJagz
Knight of Thorgothshire
The President
Mr_Ben
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
Super
Merseyblue
Helenqu
Cahill the Great
Doc( Ninetoes )blue
VenezuelaBlue
Gazbow
anticipate_the_pass
Michael Crosby S74
My other LB is a Ferrari
Dixie Land
notepad
Bryan
Luka Perfect
tadpole
paul
ToffeeDan
43 posters

Page 23 of 26 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next

Go down

20: Ross Barkley - Royal Blue future - Page 23 Empty Re: 20: Ross Barkley - Royal Blue future

Post  Da Judge Thu 31 Aug 2017, 11:05 pm

Armchair wrote:
it is now being reported that Barkley changed his mind DURING the medical.

Rumours are that Barks rejected Chavs, rather than us rejecting the offer. Is he hoping for a move to Spuds? Or waiting until next summer when he gets more choice in which club to sign for?

Well he is injured... when fit he will need to really look at himself... the summer must have been a bit humbling.... no-one came in until the last day... this way he keeps the money... keeps his loyalty bonus... can effectively tout and sign from Dec 31st onwards....

Did he want to go to Spurs probably.... he has a better chance of contributing... but .... misguided he has been. I think bridges have been burned.....

The man who is prepared to wear a Shoite top IF, AND ONLY IF, you are prepared to cough the £25,000. Its true it was broadcast on National Radio!!
Da Judge
Da Judge

Number of posts : 9778
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://mlb.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Back to top Go down

20: Ross Barkley - Royal Blue future - Page 23 Empty Re: 20: Ross Barkley - Royal Blue future

Post  Yankthattoffee Thu 31 Aug 2017, 11:07 pm

Goodison_Gringo wrote:What a shitbag. Perhaps this is his final way of sticking two fingers up at the club. really don't know what's gone on behind the scenes here, but I think he's burnt a lot more bridges today.
This will make interesting reading over the next few days.
Maybe there's more to his health than we know?
Or just a mixed up lad who panicked?
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Gravy & Chips Thu 31 Aug 2017, 11:19 pm

If he doesn't sign a contract now....he will be seen as a cunt.

No getting around it, it's a cunt's trick.
Gravy & Chips
Gravy & Chips

Number of posts : 13355
Registration date : 2005-10-16

http://www.break.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Thu 31 Aug 2017, 11:19 pm

Moshiri sounded hugely pissed off, like he was already counting the money. I get the feeling he's looking to balance the books with transfer fees, so its no wonder we didn't buy a striker. He basically told Koeman it's his side now so he'd better get top 6. Koeman must be fucking fuming, he's been stitched up totally - he's been saying for weeks that we need at least one more striker and a defender and we've got fuck all. But Moshiri seems pissed off that he hasn't managed to sell more players, not buy more.

Same old shit.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25826
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza Thu 31 Aug 2017, 11:22 pm

hairy cataract wrote:Moshiri sounded hugely pissed off, like he was already counting the money.  I get the feeling he's looking to balance the books with transfer fees, so its no wonder we didn't buy a striker.  He basically told Koeman it's his side now so he'd better get top 6.  Koeman must be fucking fuming, he's been stitched up totally - he's been saying for weeks that we need at least one more striker and a defender and we've got fuck all.  But Moshiri seems pissed off that he hasn't managed to sell more players, not buy more.  

Same old shit.
Hmmmmm could have summat there 20: Ross Barkley - Royal Blue future - Page 23 Confused
Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 8008

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Thu 31 Aug 2017, 11:27 pm

So Barks in midfield by November playing through balls to Niasse?
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Thu 31 Aug 2017, 11:29 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:So Barks in midfield by November playing through balls to Niasse?

Only if you can lend Ross your hamstring. He's out til the new year. Niasse could be a good shout though for the League Cup games and maybe a few of the Europa games.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Thu 31 Aug 2017, 11:32 pm

hairy cataract wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:So Barks in midfield by November playing through balls to Niasse?

Only if you can lend Ross your hamstring.  He's out til the new year.  Niasse could be a good shout though for the League Cup games and maybe a few of the Europa games.
Koeman selecting Niasse is like ......... ?
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler Thu 31 Aug 2017, 11:49 pm

Well now the Chelsea fans hate him as well, he'll be getting knocked out in nightclubs up and down the land, the fuckin gobshite
Sack the Juggler
Sack the Juggler

Number of posts : 25877
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

Post  The President Fri 01 Sep 2017, 12:39 am

Everton's claim that Ross Barkley turned down a move to Chelsea after having a medical and agreeing a contract has been disputed by a source close to the England midfielder.

Majority shareholder Farhad Moshiri said Everton had accepted a bid and Barkley had agreed personal terms before changing his mind after passing a medical.

But the source said the 23-year-old did not travel to Chelsea.

And they said he had not had a medical.

"It was simply that he would rather make a decision about his next move when he is fully fit, rather than arrive at a new club injured," the source said.

Barkley has a hamstring injury that is likely to keep him out for three months.

Everton had initially rejected a £25m offer from Chelsea for the player on Wednesday before reports that a deal had been agreed late on Thursday.

"It is a big surprise but that is football," Moshiri told Sky Sports.

Barkley has less than a year left on his contract and has turned down a new deal at the club he grew up supporting and joined as an 11-year-old.

The academy graduate has played 150 times for Everton in the Premier League, scoring 21 times since making his debut in 2011.

In July, manager Ronald Koeman said the club "100%" expected Barkley to leave Goodison Park.

Analysis - 'a strange situation'

BBC Sport chief footballer writer Phil McNulty:

Ross Barkley's transfer to Chelsea was all but done. The fee agreed was between £30m and £35m and personal terms had been settled.

He won't be playing much before December anyway and I'm sure it will be revisited in the New Year.

It certainly is a strange situation.
The President
The President

Number of posts : 11907
Registration date : 2005-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Fri 01 Sep 2017, 9:24 am

The media take is that he wanted Spurs but Everton wouldn't negotiate with them (Levy offering a paltry sum?), and at the last minute he thought "fuck this, I'm not going to be pushed into a Chelsea move just so Moshiri can get his £35m".

If this is the case then perhaps Ross is in the right. But if Spurs come in with a £15m offer in January what do we do? My guess, my hope, is that Moshiri says no to Spurs, and lets them have Barkley free in the summer. Barkley spends from January to May in the U23s. Not so much to punish Barkley, because he's within his rights to let his contract run down, and within his rights to turn down a move and wait for the move he wants, but because there is a price to pay for having it all your own way. We're not getting more than about £15m for him now, and we'll get about £5m anyway because he was a developed young player for us, so Everton has to focus on the players who want to play for the club. No point in having him around the team when he's recovered.

Barkley's problem could be that he is relying on the club for his recovery programme over the next few months, while the club won't really want to throw too many resources at it, as we have other priorities. I'm sure he'll get decent treatment, but not the kind of attention other players would get. Of course Ross could get his own treatment, but where? The club has facilties that wouldn't be available in your local gym, or from an expensive physio - in fact, only another PL club would have those facilities.

All in all, it's a bit of a cock up.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Fri 01 Sep 2017, 9:50 am

If he doesn't sign a new contract then he's a write off financially... Koeman as you say will be fuming... so make him train with the under 15's, stick him in the reserves squad & make him play on Tuesday evening in the pissing rain against Port Vale stiffs.. or just leave the cunt get an even fatter arse on the bench & everyone just point at him & laugh.

His England career will be abso fucked too in a World Cup year.

Number of posts : 40811

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Fri 01 Sep 2017, 10:37 am

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:If he doesn't sign a new contract then he's a write off financially... Koeman as you say will be fuming... so make him train with the under 15's, stick him in the reserves squad & make him play on Tuesday evening in the pissing rain against Port Vale stiffs.. or just leave the cunt get an even fatter arse on the bench & everyone just point at him & laugh.

You're right, forgot about the England thing. He'll be desperate to play once he's fit. In which case, tell Spurs they can have him for £30m in January and if he wants it bad enough he can pay half of it himself. Otherwise stick him in the rezzies. And kick his hamstring every morning.

hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge Fri 01 Sep 2017, 11:13 am

hairy cataract wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:If he doesn't sign a new contract then he's a write off financially... Koeman as you say will be fuming... so make him train with the under 15's, stick him in the reserves squad & make him play on Tuesday evening in the pissing rain against Port Vale stiffs.. or just leave the cunt get an even fatter arse on the bench & everyone just point at him & laugh.

You're right, forgot about the England thing. He'll be desperate to play once he's fit.  In which case, tell Spurs they can have him for £30m in January and if he wants it bad enough he can pay half of it himself.  Otherwise stick him in the rezzies.  And kick his hamstring every morning.

I thought about this for 10 seconds before I went to the land of nod last night... and wondered what if he knows something about his own condition that made him blank the medical examination.... I cannot remember the players name (may have been Hargreaves) who was blighted for the future because he failed a medical.

I keep going back to the view that he has been appallingly advised... at best he can be a fringe player for Spuds.... he will not really be fit enough or have the form base to support a claim ahead of the likes of the current midfield. In fact it is likely that he is more likely to be the replacement for Alli - when Real/Barca/PSG come calling for him after the world cup campaign.

Must admit - he has fucked us over only to the extent that Levy now knows he is the preferred destination.He can be as patient as he wants. Me.... well the first week back I would have in the squad for a Europe League game and play him for 90 seconds...... he is then cup-tied for CL and EL.

The man who is prepared to wear a Shoite top IF, AND ONLY IF, you are prepared to cough the £25,000. Its true it was broadcast on National Radio!!
Da Judge
Da Judge

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Fri 01 Sep 2017, 11:22 am

Da Judge wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:

You're right, forgot about the England thing. He'll be desperate to play once he's fit.  In which case, tell Spurs they can have him for £30m in January and if he wants it bad enough he can pay half of it himself.  Otherwise stick him in the rezzies.  And kick his hamstring every morning.

I thought about this for 10 seconds before I went to the land of nod last night... and wondered what if he knows something about his own condition that made him blank the medical examination.... I cannot remember the players name (may have been Hargreaves) who was blighted for the future because he failed a medical.

I keep going back to the view that he has been appallingly advised... at best he can be a fringe player for Spuds.... he will not really be fit enough or have the form base to support a claim ahead of the likes of the current midfield. In fact it is likely that he is more likely to be the replacement for Alli - when Real/Barca/PSG come calling for him after the world cup campaign.

Must admit - he has fucked us over only to the extent that Levy now knows he is the preferred destination.He can be as patient as he wants. Me.... well the first week back I would have in the squad for a Europe League game and play him for 90 seconds...... he is then cup-tied for CL and EL.[/quote]

like it Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser Fri 01 Sep 2017, 11:26 am

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Da Judge wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:

Must admit - he has fucked us over only to the extent that Levy now knows he is the preferred destination.He can be as patient as he wants. Me.... well the first week back I would have in the squad for a Europe League game and play him for 90 seconds...... he is then cup-tied for CL and EL.[/quote]

like it Very Happy

You mean devalue him further? scratch

Number of posts : 13161

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Fri 01 Sep 2017, 11:32 am

Barry Horne's Equaliser wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Da Judge wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:

like it Very Happy

he's technically worth nothing now isn't he?.. can sign a pre-contract in January for free & sit around till the summer of 2018

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge Fri 01 Sep 2017, 11:41 am

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Da Judge wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:

like it Very Happy

NO... the conversation would be something like..... "Daniel £20m up front no staging no add ons.... or he plays on Thursday... "

Da Judge
Da Judge

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser Fri 01 Sep 2017, 11:48 am

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Da Judge wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:

like it Very Happy

he's technically worth nothing now isn't he?.. can sign a pre-contract in January for free & sit around till the summer of 2018

Or he could be transferred in January and try (albeit very late in the day) to get into the World Cup squad. He isn't worthless yet. If we cut off our nose to spite our face though, he soon will be.

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Fri 01 Sep 2017, 11:49 am

Da Judge wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:

Must admit - he has fucked us over only to the extent that Levy now knows he is the preferred destination.He can be as patient as he wants. Me.... well the first week back I would have in the squad for a Europe League game and play him for 90 seconds...... he is then cup-tied for CL and EL.

I think he's in a difficult position. He sees no future at Everton and wants a move. But he must have some doubts now about his own ability - will he make it at Spurs or Chelsea if he struggles to be a first choice at Everton? Logically, in the old days maybe, he would have taken a move wherever - perhaps to Bournemouth or Newcastle - and started building his reputation again in the hope that he would be then bought as a first choice rather than as a squaddie for a "big" club.

The problem is that the likes of Barkley are operating in a worldwide market now in the PL. Clubs can attract the best from all over the globe with the money on offer here. Everyone wants to play for the CL teams - just look at Lemar and even Oxlade spurning the Arse but prepared to go for less money to the fucking Shite just because they are in the CL! There are only a handful of "must have" British players really - the likes of Kane and Deli Alli. Everyone else is a squaddie.

Spurs will offer nothing for him now. Levy is a shrewd operator, the best there is at this kind of thing. He'll see Barkley as one in the bank now, offer Ross £60k a week, offer us £5m development fee, and sell him on for £50m in two years if he's not made it. Or he'll not bother signing him at all, and Ross will end up at Bournemouth anyway.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser Fri 01 Sep 2017, 11:53 am

Da Judge wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Da Judge wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:

like it Very Happy

NO... the conversation would be something like..... "Daniel £20m up front no staging no add ons.... or he plays on Thursday... "

So "pay us a load of money, or we'll go out of our way to make him worthless and you can have him for nothing in six months". scratch

I'm not sure I'm seeing the business sense here. We get nothing (except having to pay his wages between January and June, so further cost) if we let him go next summer. As unpalatable as it may seem, given his recent behaviour, we still need him to be at least marginally attractive to a potential buyer.

Everything above just achieves the opposite and, from what I can make out, it's purely for the very temporary thrill of having stitched him and Spurs up. I'm not sure that's worth £15m or whatever we might still get for him.

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Fri 01 Sep 2017, 12:11 pm

Da Judge wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Da Judge wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:

like it Very Happy

So "pay us a load of money, or we'll go out of our way to make him worthless and you can have him for nothing in six months". scratch

I'm not sure I'm seeing the business sense here. We get nothing (except having to pay his wages between January and June, so further cost) if we let him go next summer. As unpalatable as it may seem, given his recent behaviour, we still need him to be at least marginally attractive to a potential buyer.

Everything above just achieves the opposite and, from what I can make out, it's purely for the very temporary thrill of having stitched him and Spurs up. I'm not sure that's worth £15m or whatever we might still get for him.  

I dunno, £15m is fuck all. That's less than Niasse's wages for the time he's been with us. I think we should run Barkley's contract down and make him stand on the touchline dressed up as a chicken for every home game. Petty, not businesslike, but works for me.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge Fri 01 Sep 2017, 12:28 pm

hairy cataract wrote:
Da Judge wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Da Judge wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:

like it Very Happy

I dunno, £15m is fuck all. That's less than Niasse's wages for the time he's been with us. I think we should run Barkley's contract down and make him stand on the touchline dressed up as a chicken for every home game.  Petty, not businesslike, but works for me.

Is it not about time we had a "big" mascot... else have him become the new Toffee Lady... and have him walk round the pitch pre kickoff..

Da Judge
Da Judge

Back to top Go down

Post  SouthernSmugToffee Fri 01 Sep 2017, 12:36 pm

Any bets he now signs a new contract, which I believe is still on the table. Rolling Eyes
SouthernSmugToffee
SouthernSmugToffee

Number of posts : 3935
Registration date : 2008-01-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Fri 01 Sep 2017, 12:41 pm

Da Judge wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Da Judge wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Da Judge wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:

like it Very Happy

I dunno, £15m is fuck all. That's less than Niasse's wages for the time he's been with us. I think we should run Barkley's contract down and make him stand on the touchline dressed up as a chicken for every home game.  Petty, not businesslike, but works for me.

Is it not about time we had a "big" mascot... else have him become the new Toffee Lady... and have him walk round the pitch pre kickoff..
he'd never get his arse in that chicken outfit

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 26 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next