606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

20: Ross Barkley - Royal Blue future

Page 15 of 25 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20 ... 25  Next

Go down

20: Ross Barkley - Royal Blue future - Page 15 Empty Re: 20: Ross Barkley - Royal Blue future

Post  The President on Sat 02 Apr 2016, 11:49 pm

Manchester United are set to put in a £45m bid for Everton midfielder Ross Barkley and have made the 22-year-old their top summer target.(Star)
The President
The President

Number of posts : 11907
Registration date : 2005-10-16

Back to top Go down

20: Ross Barkley - Royal Blue future - Page 15 Empty Re: 20: Ross Barkley - Royal Blue future

Post  Goodison_Gringo on Mon 04 Apr 2016, 3:09 am

Yes please.
Goodison_Gringo
Goodison_Gringo

Number of posts : 3825
Registration date : 2005-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON on Mon 04 Apr 2016, 8:53 am

I would sell, not as good as people think.
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 10067
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract on Mon 04 Apr 2016, 10:05 am

I would sell because he deserves a shot at a club with a decent coaching system.  If he doesn't learn basic decision making, like when to release the ball, he'll never fulfil his potential.

I wonder if, when Our Idiot Manager says he likes to let young players make mistakes so they can develop, it means that he just tells them to get on with it, without any input from the coaches? Barkley looks more like a rough diamond, plucked from a semi-pro club, these days than he did when he first emerged.

One of Adam Johnson's former coaches said of the paedo boy that he was a great talent but was a bit thick and couldn't be taught anything. He just couldn't learn. Barkley is either the same (thick not paedo hopefully), or he's not being taught.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 24175
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee on Mon 04 Apr 2016, 2:01 pm

hairberto cataract wrote:I would sell because he deserves a shot at a club with a decent coaching system.  If he doesn't learn basic decision making, like when to release the ball, he'll never fulfil his potential.

I wonder if, when Our Idiot Manager says he likes to let young players make mistakes so they can develop, it means that he just tells them to get on with it, without any input from the coaches?  Barkley looks more like a rough diamond, plucked from a semi-pro club, these days than he did when he first emerged.

One of Adam Johnson's former coaches said of the paedo boy that he was a great talent but was a bit thick and couldn't be taught anything.  He just couldn't learn.  Barkley is either the same (thick not paedo hopefully), or he's not being taught.
+1 this "express yourself" stuff is all very well, but some of it seems to be a case of "well you've got as much idea as we have."
So many times, including Sunday, when the easy ball is the best ball, but will he lay it off? Will he hell. I understand the play shift, but Ross certainly needs guidance.
His running style seems to have changed as well, with a shorter stride pattern. I can't even see him even attempting the kind of goal he scored at Newcastle 2 years ago.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 6675
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Mon 04 Apr 2016, 2:19 pm

Watching the Utd game though, even with 5 in midfield Ross was so lonely with so few options at times it was laughable. That's one of the reasons, I believe, why he goes on these mindless runs and ends up losing the ball.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 70746

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Tue 05 Apr 2016, 12:04 pm

the sme comment for me as I put on the Luka thread... Ross probably HAS to go because Martinez has failed to deliver the minimum requirement for him to stay.. which is Yooofa cup

... basically Martinez has fucked us good & proper & who can blame our quality players for leaving
Made 4 Gwladys
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 35245

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract on Tue 05 Apr 2016, 1:34 pm

Moshi Foo Gwladys wrote:the sme comment for me as I put on the Luka thread... Ross probably HAS to go because Martinez has failed to deliver the minimum requirement for him to stay.. which is Yooofa cup

... basically Martinez has fucked us good & proper & who can blame our quality players for leaving

Looks like we're starting from scratch next season. But on the bright side, Barks, Stones and Luka only cost us about £33m between the three of them, and they would sell for a minimum of £125m, so the next boss should have £100m plus whatever Moshi kicks in for a transfer fund. Total rebuild of the squad. No way should Martinez be in charge of the next lot of talent. Mind you, the Shite have blown that budget three times over in recent years and look at them pale

I actually think Barks will stay, but Luka and Stones will go.

hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 24175

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair on Tue 05 Apr 2016, 1:41 pm

I think Luka is the only one likely to hand in a transfer request. It would be hard to blame him if he did. Barks and Stones are still rough diamonds so it's hard to see any clubs paying the sort of money we would want for them (£40-50m?).
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 20444
Registration date : 2006-06-01

http://www.heavyrotation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON on Tue 05 Apr 2016, 1:50 pm

hairberto cataract wrote:
Moshi Foo Gwladys wrote:the sme comment for me as I put on the Luka thread... Ross probably HAS to go because Martinez has failed to deliver the minimum requirement for him to stay.. which is Yooofa cup

Looks like we're starting from scratch next season.  But on the bright side, Barks, Stones and Luka only cost us about £33m between the three of them, and they would sell for a minimum of £125m, so the next boss should have £100m plus whatever Moshi kicks in for a transfer fund.  Total rebuild of the squad.  No way should Martinez be in charge of the next lot of talent.  Mind you, the Shite have blown that budget three times over in recent years and look at them  pale

I actually think Barks will stay, but Luka and Stones will go.

Got to a point that we haven't won anything with all three players so what ever the reason, new start for me beginning with new manager.
will be disappointed to see Romelu Lukaku go? specially as he said he wants to play Champions league football next season and the favourites to sign him may not be in next years Champions league.
SEFTON
SEFTON

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON on Wed 29 Jun 2016, 9:41 am

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/06/28/stan-collymore-shares-what-coaches-have-told-him-about-evertons/

So England are out of the Euro's and It seems the media along with Stan Collymore are re-directing there thoughts on Ross Barkley ?
According to Stan Collymore he Allegedly says that he's been told by coaches who have worked with Ross Barkley have come to the conclusion Ross doesn't have a football brain?
Now Is this a quick response to deflect the attention of dissection on England's failure to succeed in Euro's 2016 ?

Seems to me a conspiracy is being used either to have Ross Barkley's transfer price lowered or to ward of Questions as to why Barkley wasn't used in Roy Hodgson's team.
SEFTON
SEFTON

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser on Wed 29 Jun 2016, 10:02 am

sefton wrote:http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/06/28/stan-collymore-shares-what-coaches-have-told-him-about-evertons/

So England are out of the Euro's and It seems the media along with Stan Collymore are re-directing there thoughts on Ross Barkley ?
According to Stan Collymore he Allegedly says that he's been told by coaches who have worked with Ross Barkley have come to the conclusion Ross doesn't have a football brain?
Now Is this a quick response to deflect the attention of dissection on England's failure to succeed in Euro's 2016 ?

Seems to me a conspiracy is being used either to have Ross Barkley's transfer price lowered or to ward of Questions as to why Barkley wasn't used in Roy Hodgson's team.

I agree with you there, Sef.

Which coaches would they be? The coaches who abjectly failed while at Everton under Martinez, or the coaches who abjectly failed with England under Hodgson?

Number of posts : 13162
Registration date : 2005-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler on Wed 29 Jun 2016, 11:45 am

Barry Horne's Equaliser wrote:
sefton wrote:http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/06/28/stan-collymore-shares-what-coaches-have-told-him-about-evertons/

Which coaches would they be? The coaches who abjectly failed while at Everton under Martinez, or the coaches who abjectly failed with England under Hodgson?

I love this quote:

"I’ve heard from coaches who’ve worked with him [Barkley] for a number of years at all levels that he’s got talent but no football brain that can adapt to differing situations on the pitch,"

what? like the way Roy, Gary and the England team couldn't adapt to fucking Iceland on the pitch? What a load of cobblers. If anything it was crying out for someone who couldn't follow England's grand plan.

Number of posts : 25878
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON on Wed 29 Jun 2016, 2:24 pm

Barry Horne's Equaliser wrote:

I would be more inclined to say the Everton coaches, lets face It Graham Jones knew nothing about football coaching, I bet Ross wasn't happy with Martinez hence he wouldn't sign a new contract.
SEFTON
SEFTON

Back to top Go down

Post  Gravy & Chips on Wed 29 Jun 2016, 3:13 pm

Tell that bird slapping prick to shut the fuck up.

How about he turns his "expert" eye on the the other 19 flops who managed to get minutes under Grampy Woy?

Always our fault isn't it?

Jags and Baines in the World Cup, wasn't Slippy G's perfect pass to Dracula fault was it?

Bell end, fuck off!
Gravy & Chips
Gravy & Chips

Number of posts : 13355

http://www.break.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Wed 29 Jun 2016, 3:30 pm

Gravy & Chips wrote:Tell that bird slapping prick to shut the fuck up.

How about he turns his "expert" eye on the the other 19 flops who managed to get minutes under Grampy Woy?

Jags and Baines in the World Cup, wasn't Slippy G's perfect pass to Dracula fault was it?

Bell end, fuck off!
lol! Coleymore is such a bellwipe ...
Made 4 Gwladys
Made 4 Gwladys

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair on Wed 29 Jun 2016, 3:34 pm

Bell end, fuck off!

cheers cheers
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Valentino Blue on Wed 29 Jun 2016, 3:43 pm

Talksport bullshitters always claim to have sources and contacts but hardly ever seem to get anything right on Nailed on transfers and insider knowledge.

isn't it a contradiction to say he plays off instinct but has no footballing brain? instinct is your footballing brain, making the right decision more often is a combination of experience and playing within a well drilled system where all the players know where each other should be on the pitch attack and defense.

Ross makes mistakes, as do pretty much all the young inexperienced players do, but lets not forget the more experienced players like Rooney and the media favorites like Alli and Wiltshit made plenty of errors without looking like they would ever pull anything creative out of the bag, be it with their football brain or instinct.

For the second half of last season I'd agree that his decision making was shite but i largely put that down to Bob Martins shite system and the entire team going on holiday which meant we played with no co-ordination and relied too heavily on individuals to create from nothing.
Valentino Blue
Valentino Blue

Number of posts : 7380
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://www.nicecupofteaandasitdown.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON on Wed 29 Jun 2016, 4:04 pm

Wasn't It Woy? Who kept selecting Brexit Sterling ? plus Alli-G didn't fair to good either, All will come to fruition next season when Barkley will have a few points to prove as the England failures struggle to hit, form using the Euro 2016 tournament as an excuse.

Nailed on that Tottenham won't reach such Dizzy heights as European football next season, Livshit will finish mid-table and United and City will contest for 5th place.

Everton will surprise a few people and Barkley will take on board the vicious comments.Just my opinion. cheers
SEFTON
SEFTON

Back to top Go down

Post  Statman on Thu 30 Jun 2016, 4:19 pm

Bell end, fuck off!

Top rant.
Statman
Statman

Number of posts : 7091
Registration date : 2005-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post  SouthernSmugToffee on Tue 18 Oct 2016, 5:13 pm

Rumour has it that Koeman will give Ross a run in the U23s
SouthernSmugToffee
SouthernSmugToffee

Number of posts : 3936
Registration date : 2008-01-08

Back to top Go down

Post  SouthernSmugToffee on Wed 14 Dec 2016, 7:34 pm

Apparently, Spurs are interested in signing him in the summer.  No bid price mooted yet.
How much would we want for him?  IMO £50m at least.
SouthernSmugToffee
SouthernSmugToffee

Number of posts : 3936
Registration date : 2008-01-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair on Wed 14 Dec 2016, 9:21 pm

SouthernSmugToffee wrote:Apparently, Spurs are interested in signing him in the summer.  No bid price mooted yet.
How much would we want for him?  IMO £50m at least.

On current performances, £10m. On potential, £30-40m.
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Gravy & Chips on Thu 15 Dec 2016, 12:48 pm

just what Spurs need, some more midfielders
Gravy & Chips
Gravy & Chips

Number of posts : 13355

http://www.break.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Thu 15 Dec 2016, 1:00 pm

Spurs can fuck off... they have Sissoko (valued at 30M) 20: Ross Barkley - Royal Blue future - Page 15 F_laugh

and by the way if Sissoko is worth 30M then using that benchmark Ross is worth 100....
Made 4 Gwladys
Made 4 Gwladys

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 25 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20 ... 25  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum