606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everton 1 (Beckford) Chelsea 0

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Everton 1 (Beckford) Chelsea 0  - Page 7 Empty Re: Everton 1 (Beckford) Chelsea 0

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Sun 22 May 2011, 5:54 pm

Spurs score, 2-1 against Brum!
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 70892
Age : 47
Location : Denver, Colorado (via the west coast of Sweden)
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Everton 1 (Beckford) Chelsea 0  - Page 7 Empty Re: Everton 1 (Beckford) Chelsea 0

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Sun 22 May 2011, 5:54 pm

And it's all over! 1-0!
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 70892
Age : 47
Location : Denver, Colorado (via the west coast of Sweden)
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Everton 1 (Beckford) Chelsea 0  - Page 7 Empty Re: Everton 1 (Beckford) Chelsea 0

Post  Armchair on Sun 22 May 2011, 5:55 pm

Brum are DOWN!!!
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 20469
Age : 40
Location : Hampshire
Registration date : 2006-06-01

http://www.heavyrotation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Everton 1 (Beckford) Chelsea 0  - Page 7 Empty Re: Everton 1 (Beckford) Chelsea 0

Post  Super on Sun 22 May 2011, 5:55 pm

Final whistle goes. What a game to end the season with!
Super
Super

Number of posts : 37172
Age : 42
Location : Peterborough
Registration date : 2005-12-06

Back to top Go down

Everton 1 (Beckford) Chelsea 0  - Page 7 Empty Re: Everton 1 (Beckford) Chelsea 0

Post  Armchair on Sun 22 May 2011, 5:56 pm

Great performance. Chavs had a few long rangers but no real clear cut chances.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 20469
Age : 40
Location : Hampshire
Registration date : 2006-06-01

http://www.heavyrotation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Everton 1 (Beckford) Chelsea 0  - Page 7 Empty Re: Everton 1 (Beckford) Chelsea 0

Post  Tonteau on Sun 22 May 2011, 5:57 pm

cheers cheers cheers

Good end to a disappointing season. Great stuff from Beckford, bobbles, ricochets and a lovely cool finish.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15253
Age : 113
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Everton 1 (Beckford) Chelsea 0  - Page 7 Empty Re: Everton 1 (Beckford) Chelsea 0

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Sun 22 May 2011, 6:02 pm

the players are doign the lap of honour and it looks like Moyes is on the verge of tears.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 70892
Age : 47
Location : Denver, Colorado (via the west coast of Sweden)
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Everton 1 (Beckford) Chelsea 0  - Page 7 Empty Re: Everton 1 (Beckford) Chelsea 0

Post  Doc( Ninetoes )blue on Sun 22 May 2011, 6:03 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:the players are doign the lap of honour and it looks like Moyes is on the verge of tears.


Not his last game for us...... is it affraid
Doc( Ninetoes )blue
Doc( Ninetoes )blue

Number of posts : 2806
Age : 44
Location : Germany
Registration date : 2005-10-16

Back to top Go down

Everton 1 (Beckford) Chelsea 0  - Page 7 Empty Re: Everton 1 (Beckford) Chelsea 0

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Sun 22 May 2011, 6:04 pm

Doc( Ninetoes )blue wrote:
Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:the players are doign the lap of honour and it looks like Moyes is on the verge of tears.


Not his last game for us...... is it affraid
I was thinking the same thing, but I sure as hell hope not!
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 70892
Age : 47
Location : Denver, Colorado (via the west coast of Sweden)
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Everton 1 (Beckford) Chelsea 0  - Page 7 Empty Re: Everton 1 (Beckford) Chelsea 0

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Sun 22 May 2011, 6:06 pm

And the final table of the season.

1 Man Utd 38 41 80
2 Chelsea 38 36 71
3 Man City 38 27 71
4 Arsenal 38 29 68
5 Tottenham 38 9 62
6 Liverpool 38 15 58
7 Everton 38 6 54
8 Fulham 38 6 49
9 Aston Villa 38 -11 48
10 Sunderland 38 -11 47
11 West Brom 38 -15 47
12 Newcastle 38 -1 46
13 Stoke 38 -2 46
14 Bolton 38 -4 46
15 Blackburn 38 -13 43
16 Wigan 38 -21 42
17 Wolves 38 -20 40
18 Birmingham 38 -21 39
19 Blackpool 38 -23 39
20 West Ham 38 -27 33
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 70892
Age : 47
Location : Denver, Colorado (via the west coast of Sweden)
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Everton 1 (Beckford) Chelsea 0  - Page 7 Empty Re: Everton 1 (Beckford) Chelsea 0

Post  Yankthattoffee on Sun 22 May 2011, 7:48 pm

Just got back. We are always at our best as a team and particularly as fans, when we feel that sense of injustice. We had the lot today.
Cashley Cole as big a shythouse as ever, aided by several of his mates who conned Walton time after time. How many times did Alex check Becks runs? Should have been off!!
Before Coleman was shown red, Terry & Cole run straight for the ref, and Alex starts calling for a stretcher, only for Mikel to make a remarkable recovery. Seamus off, job done.
Cue Becks. Thank you.
What a shame we didn't have that commitment earlier this season.
Oh well, they must be feeling worse at Blackpool and B'ham.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 6681
Age : 68
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Everton 1 (Beckford) Chelsea 0  - Page 7 Empty Re: Everton 1 (Beckford) Chelsea 0

Post  hairy cataract on Sun 22 May 2011, 10:02 pm

Foolishly, had a quick look at Toffeeweb, and half of them are still fucking moaning. Seriously, as someone pointed out on there, our last two home games were against CL qualifiers, and two of the biggest-spending clubs in the world to boot, and we beat both of them! WTF do people want? We finished just four points behind the Shite who spent over £60m in January alone, and who have a wage bill substantially more than double ours. On the other side of the park, the RS scum are cheering and idolising King Fucking Kenny, whose PL record so far for the Shite is: played 18, points 33, lost 5 games. Moyes's record over the last 18 league games? 32 points and lost just 4. We should be carrying Moyes shoulder high around the city for what he's achieved, compared to what Dalglish has achieved, yet it's King Kenny who is getting all the plaudits.

I fucking despair.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 24178
Age : 114
Location : London
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Everton 1 (Beckford) Chelsea 0  - Page 7 Empty Re: Everton 1 (Beckford) Chelsea 0

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Sun 22 May 2011, 10:11 pm

great game, great result, great goal.. but gutted Hibbo didn't score it Very Happy
Made 4 Gwladys
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 35361
Age : 61
Location : between tax havens
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Everton 1 (Beckford) Chelsea 0  - Page 7 Empty Re: Everton 1 (Beckford) Chelsea 0

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? on Sun 22 May 2011, 11:14 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:great game, great result, great goal.. but gutted Hibbo didn't score it Very Happy

Hibbo played well. Malouda didn't get much change out of him at all, and that through ball for Beckford was outstanding.
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Number of posts : 17435
Age : 954
Location : 3rd floor, or 2nd to you...
Registration date : 2006-01-21

Back to top Go down

Everton 1 (Beckford) Chelsea 0  - Page 7 Empty Re: Everton 1 (Beckford) Chelsea 0

Post  Bluey on Mon 23 May 2011, 2:56 am

Has to be said though Walton was a disgrace today. I think he just about got the Coleman decision right as he jumped in but he seemed afraid to book any of their players. Alex should have walked. It doesn't seem to matter when you win but that was the worst ref performance over 90 mins I have seen for a while. I am sure there will be more of the same next year....
Bluey
Bluey

Number of posts : 23509
Age : 55
Location : Shropshire
Registration date : 2005-12-07

Back to top Go down

Everton 1 (Beckford) Chelsea 0  - Page 7 Empty Re: Everton 1 (Beckford) Chelsea 0

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? on Mon 23 May 2011, 3:40 am

Blueyaletdinov wrote:Has to be said though Walton was a disgrace today. I think he just about got the Coleman decision right as he jumped in but he seemed afraid to book any of their players. Alex should have walked. It doesn't seem to matter when you win but that was the worst ref performance over 90 mins I have seen for a while. I am sure there will be more of the same next year....

Agree on Alex. My feed froze when he bodyChecked beckford (and wasn't he the last man at that point?) and I couldnt believe he was still on the pitch when the feed came back.shoulda been a double red.
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Number of posts : 17435
Age : 954
Location : 3rd floor, or 2nd to you...
Registration date : 2006-01-21

Back to top Go down

Everton 1 (Beckford) Chelsea 0  - Page 7 Empty Re: Everton 1 (Beckford) Chelsea 0

Post  Mr_Ben on Mon 23 May 2011, 7:04 am

Played well considering we had 10 men.

Oh well only 2 and a bit months until we loose the first game of the season to QPR
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Age : 41
Location : Edinburgh, Scotland
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

Everton 1 (Beckford) Chelsea 0  - Page 7 Empty Re: Everton 1 (Beckford) Chelsea 0

Post  Yankthattoffee on Mon 23 May 2011, 8:50 am

Blueyaletdinov wrote:Has to be said though Walton was a disgrace today. I think he just about got the Coleman decision right as he jumped in but he seemed afraid to book any of their players. Alex should have walked. It doesn't seem to matter when you win but that was the worst ref performance over 90 mins I have seen for a while. I am sure there will be more of the same next year....

No excuse for not booking Alex, who blocked Becks maybe 5-6 times during the game.
My moan about the sending off was the immediate reaction of the Chelsea players. Mikel was not as badly hurt as he made out. As far as I could see, Coleman make contact only with the ball (?), but they immediately go into their "let's get this lad sent off" routine. Players in the ref's face, Arm gestures that they need a stretcher. The FA, and also the guy with the cushiest gig in town, Gordon Taylor, need to make this sort of behaviour a target for next season.
Great finish to the season, and on any other day MOTD would have had Becks goal as their goal of the month.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 6681
Age : 68
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Everton 1 (Beckford) Chelsea 0  - Page 7 Empty Re: Everton 1 (Beckford) Chelsea 0

Post  Valentino Blue on Mon 23 May 2011, 10:14 am

Blueyaletdinov wrote:Has to be said though Walton was a disgrace today. I think he just about got the Coleman decision right as he jumped in but he seemed afraid to book any of their players. Alex should have walked. It doesn't seem to matter when you win but that was the worst ref performance over 90 mins I have seen for a while. I am sure there will be more of the same next year....

agree with most of that, even think the coleman booking was harsh it was just a solid hard challenge but apparently you can't make those anymore. his first certainly wasn't a yellow and the second 5 seasons ago they'd be talking about what a good solid challenge it was. It was no more a foul than Neville's hard tackle on ronaldo a few seasons back.
Valentino Blue
Valentino Blue

Number of posts : 7380
Age : 40
Location : The Gate
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://www.nicecupofteaandasitdown.com/

Back to top Go down

Everton 1 (Beckford) Chelsea 0  - Page 7 Empty Re: Everton 1 (Beckford) Chelsea 0

Post  RhinoJagz on Mon 23 May 2011, 10:58 am

Wonderful goal from Beckford. Yes he got a kind bounce, but it still was great skill to get the ball back under control to run through on Cech. You really cant knock the lads confidence. He just keeps going and trying. Almost the anti-Hernandez in shots to goals ratio Very Happy
He needs a year working with a top class striker (some hope). Was really thrown in the deep in this year.

Great end to the season to get back to back wins against Man City and Chelsea.


_________________
The Liverpool was again a heartless equipment, without ideas nor criterion. A victim who died yesterday at the hands of her eternal rival, the Everton.
RhinoJagz
RhinoJagz

Number of posts : 26901
Age : 41
Location : Belfast Nord Iron
Registration date : 2006-01-22

http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Everton 1 (Beckford) Chelsea 0  - Page 7 Empty Re: Everton 1 (Beckford) Chelsea 0

Post  Bluey on Mon 23 May 2011, 6:42 pm

Bluejags wrote:Wonderful goal from Beckford. Yes he got a kind bounce, but it still was great skill to get the ball back under control to run through on Cech. You really cant knock the lads confidence. He just keeps going and trying. Almost the anti-Hernandez in shots to goals ratio Very Happy
He needs a year working with a top class striker (some hope). Was really thrown in the deep in this year.

Great end to the season to get back to back wins against Man City and Chelsea.


Mate, what I love about this bloke, when he's on the pitch he get's real goal scoring opportunities. In that that respect he reminds me of Lineker. The man himself said, If I missed 10 and scored the 11th to win a game the fans would love you. He is doing himself a big disservice right there. For his starts and appearance time Becks has done fantastic this year. Sure his first touch is really poor and he can't hold the ball up but he needs a strike partner who does that.

Then we need Moyes to adopt a different system that the 4231.
Bluey
Bluey

Number of posts : 23509
Age : 55
Location : Shropshire
Registration date : 2005-12-07

Back to top Go down

Everton 1 (Beckford) Chelsea 0  - Page 7 Empty Re: Everton 1 (Beckford) Chelsea 0

Post  SouthernSmugToffee on Mon 23 May 2011, 7:37 pm

Mr_Ben wrote:Played well considering we had 10 men.

Oh well only 2 and a bit months until we loose the first game of the season to QPR

We are used to playing with 10 men, we have had plenty of practice when Yakubu or Bily are in the side. Very Happy

The bahavior of the Chelsea players to get Coleman sent off was a disgrace! Mad
SouthernSmugToffee
SouthernSmugToffee

Number of posts : 3936
Age : 164
Location : Aldershot
Registration date : 2008-01-08

Back to top Go down

Everton 1 (Beckford) Chelsea 0  - Page 7 Empty Re: Everton 1 (Beckford) Chelsea 0

Post  Yankthattoffee on Mon 23 May 2011, 8:08 pm

SouthernSmugToffee wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:Played well considering we had 10 men.

Oh well only 2 and a bit months until we loose the first game of the season to QPR

We are used to playing with 10 men, we have had plenty of practice when Yakubu or Bily are in the side. Very Happy

The bahavior of the Chelsea players to get Coleman sent off was a disgrace! Mad

The initial yellow for the foul(?) on Cole was a con, then they went into the tried and tested mob rule routine, and the outcome was inevitable.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 6681
Age : 68
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Everton 1 (Beckford) Chelsea 0  - Page 7 Empty Re: Everton 1 (Beckford) Chelsea 0

Post  Armchair on Mon 23 May 2011, 9:01 pm

Blueyaletdinov wrote:
Bluejags wrote:Wonderful goal from Beckford. Yes he got a kind bounce, but it still was great skill to get the ball back under control to run through on Cech. You really cant knock the lads confidence. He just keeps going and trying. Almost the anti-Hernandez in shots to goals ratio Very Happy
He needs a year working with a top class striker (some hope). Was really thrown in the deep in this year.

Great end to the season to get back to back wins against Man City and Chelsea.


Mate, what I love about this bloke, when he's on the pitch he get's real goal scoring opportunities. In that that respect he reminds me of Lineker. The man himself said, If I missed 10 and scored the 11th to win a game the fans would love you. He is doing himself a big disservice right there. For his starts and appearance time Becks has done fantastic this year. Sure his first touch is really poor and he can't hold the ball up but he needs a strike partner who does that.

Then we need Moyes to adopt a different system that the 4231.

That's a huge advantage he has over Vic. Neither a particularly great players but Becks always gets chances. Whereas I can't remember the last time Vic had a goalscoring opportunity. Was it in 2007 against Larissa?
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 20469
Age : 40
Location : Hampshire
Registration date : 2006-06-01

http://www.heavyrotation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Everton 1 (Beckford) Chelsea 0  - Page 7 Empty Re: Everton 1 (Beckford) Chelsea 0

Post  Mr_Ben on Wed 25 May 2011, 8:29 am

last post

(are we not locking his forum for the summer??)
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Age : 41
Location : Edinburgh, Scotland
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

Everton 1 (Beckford) Chelsea 0  - Page 7 Empty Re: Everton 1 (Beckford) Chelsea 0

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum