606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everton 2 (Distin, Osman) Man City 1

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Everton 2 (Distin, Osman) Man City 1  - Page 9 Empty Re: Everton 2 (Distin, Osman) Man City 1

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Sat 07 May 2011, 4:57 pm

Football League Macca: "Peterborough make it 5-0 against Daggers, who are going down without throwing a punch I'm afraid."

Super will be happy with the footy today! cheers
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 70892
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Everton 2 (Distin, Osman) Man City 1  - Page 9 Empty Re: Everton 2 (Distin, Osman) Man City 1

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser on Sat 07 May 2011, 4:58 pm

Wow - what happened there then. Last season we outplayed them twice and rightly won twice. This season we've been a little more fortunate in both games, but still beat them twice. It's great to be the bogey team of a megabucks side.

Even Vic played well for twenty minutes today. I'm going to lay down (which coincidentally is what Vic is probably doing right now).

Number of posts : 13162
Registration date : 2005-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Sat 07 May 2011, 4:58 pm

Goodison_Gringo wrote:That's what I was expecting from the start against Shitteh. Still better than never. beautiful second half display. Osman has been on fire since New Year. loved Coleman's cameo as well. He was running round like he'd just fell into a bucket of amphetamines.
Even though he was booked for the kick on Toure it was well worth it for the comical value. lol!
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Sat 07 May 2011, 4:59 pm

Looks much better. Very Happy

1 Man Utd 35 38 73
2 Chelsea 35 38 70
3 Arsenal 35 32 67
4 Man City 35 21 62
5 Liverpool 35 15 55
6 Tottenham 34 7 55
7 Everton 36 6 51
8 Bolton 36 -1 46
9 Fulham 35 7 45
10 Newcastle 36 -1 44
11 Sunderland 36 -12 44
12 Stoke 35 0 43
13 West Brom 35 -14 43
14 Aston Villa 36 -13 42
15 Blackburn 36 -14 39
16 Birmingham 36 -18 39
17 Wigan 36 -23 36
18 Blackpool 35 -22 35
19 Wolves 35 -23 34
20 West Ham 36 -23 33
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Garry Adams on Sat 07 May 2011, 4:59 pm

Anyone see why Neville was going mental at Mancini at the end?
Garry Adams
Garry Adams

Number of posts : 6065
Registration date : 2005-10-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser on Sat 07 May 2011, 5:05 pm

Garry Adams wrote:Anyone see why Neville was going mental at Mancini at the end?

Mancini probably just lives in a house rated 'G' or lower for energy efficiency or something.

Number of posts : 13162

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land on Sat 07 May 2011, 5:07 pm

Bolton losing has been a big boost for us as well. A top 7 finish after the start we had is not bad. Infact, given the size of our squad, the money that the manager has spent and the amout of injuries we have had, a top 7 finish is excellent.
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20992
Registration date : 2006-01-07

http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau on Sat 07 May 2011, 5:13 pm

Tonteau wrote:My Lescott avatar has run its course. Time to change it and turn this game around.

I'm taking all the credit.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15253

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Lumper on Sat 07 May 2011, 5:14 pm

Brilliant second half from us today. A lot of players stood up after a dismal first half. Great desire to get back in the game.

City fan I know texted me to say we'd won our cup final. I responded by saying "That's four cups in two seasons". cheers
Lumper
Lumper

Number of posts : 6572
Registration date : 2007-12-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land on Sat 07 May 2011, 5:14 pm

Tonteau wrote:
Tonteau wrote:My Lescott avatar has run its course. Time to change it and turn this game around.

I'm taking all the credit.

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20992
Registration date : 2006-01-07

http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodison_Gringo on Sat 07 May 2011, 5:19 pm

Man City boss Roberto Mancini: "This game today was incredible. We scored, we had chances to score more, but if you don't keep concentrating for 90 minutes you get punished. They played long ball, long ball, long ball and they scored twice. We had chances ourselves but we were selfish - in football you can't afford to be selfish."

Maybe looking through rose-tinted specs but I didn't see it like that at all. We didn't turn up first half but second half we were excellent. There were some long balls but they weren't hit and hope balls and it certainly wasn't long ball, long ball, long ball, there was some excellent passing, movement, pressing, tackling etc... Sounds like sour grapes to me.
Goodison_Gringo
Goodison_Gringo

Number of posts : 3826
Registration date : 2005-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post  fatboblatch on Sat 07 May 2011, 5:46 pm

Goodison_Gringo wrote:
Man City boss Roberto Mancini: "This game today was incredible. We scored, we had chances to score more, but if you don't keep concentrating for 90 minutes you get punished. They played long ball, long ball, long ball and they scored twice. We had chances ourselves but we were selfish - in football you can't afford to be selfish."

Maybe looking through rose-tinted specs but I didn't see it like that at all. We didn't turn up first half but second half we were excellent. There were some long balls but they weren't hit and hope balls and it certainly wasn't long ball, long ball, long ball, there was some excellent passing, movement, pressing, tackling etc... Sounds like sour grapes to me.

Mankini is a knob...simple as...
fatboblatch
fatboblatch

Number of posts : 1514
Registration date : 2007-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodison_Gringo on Sat 07 May 2011, 5:53 pm

fatboblatch wrote:
Goodison_Gringo wrote:

Mankini is a knob...simple as...

Yeah, I could have just said that!
Goodison_Gringo
Goodison_Gringo

Number of posts : 3826
Registration date : 2005-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Lumper on Sat 07 May 2011, 5:56 pm

Some, as always, entertaining views from City fans

http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=218906

which include some crackers such as:

We should have been 4 up at half time. The ref wasn't great, we are everton's cup final EVERY YEAR, fuck we couldn't even get the benefit of a deflection. We all have off days, we'll be back.

It is quite sad as to how much Everton wanted that game despite the fact that their season has finished. They are pathetic , every year WE are their cup final and that shows their jealousy.

& my personal favorite

Worser divers than Barca and Madrid I have just witnessed.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Everton 2 (Distin, Osman) Man City 1  - Page 9 Action-2
Lumper
Lumper

Number of posts : 6572
Registration date : 2007-12-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben on Sat 07 May 2011, 6:11 pm

Game of two halves

Need to rethink the RB situation in these cases as Hibbo was run wild. No disrespect to him as Silva is class.

Good display in the 2nd half, great header by Osman, Big Dunc would have bee proud!
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben on Sat 07 May 2011, 6:12 pm

fizzer18 p neville18
Ps a game last 90 minutes-u don't get 3 points at half time!!
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  The President on Sat 07 May 2011, 6:18 pm

Everton captain Phil Neville on Twitter: "Proud of my team - no better feeling when Goodison is rocking like that - COYBs! PS a game lasts 90 minutes - you don't get three points at half-time!"
The President
The President

Number of posts : 11907
Registration date : 2005-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  The President on Sat 07 May 2011, 6:20 pm

Mucha do about nothing wrote:Some, as always, entertaining views from City fans

We should have been 4 up at half time. The ref wasn't great, we are everton's cup final EVERY YEAR, fuck we couldn't even get the benefit of a deflection. We all have off days, we'll be back.

It is quite sad as to how much Everton wanted that game despite the fact that their season has finished. They are pathetic , every year WE are their cup final and that shows their jealousy.

& my personal favorite

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Everton 2 (Distin, Osman) Man City 1  - Page 9 Action-2

I ALMOST (I say almost) want L'pool to take the 4th spot from them
The President
The President

Back to top Go down

Post  The President on Sat 07 May 2011, 6:20 pm

Fantastic Win cheers cheers
The President
The President

Back to top Go down

Post  fatboblatch on Sat 07 May 2011, 6:21 pm

The President wrote:Everton captain Phil Neville on Twitter: "Proud of my team - no better feeling when Goodison is rocking like that - COYBs! PS a game lasts 90 minutes - you don't get three points at half-time!"

Nev is turning in to quite a blue legend!!!

Last edited by fatboblatch on Sat 07 May 2011, 6:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
fatboblatch
fatboblatch

Number of posts : 1514
Registration date : 2007-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? on Sat 07 May 2011, 6:21 pm

I left (20 minutes late) for my Docs appointment just after the Rodwell yellow. I finally got into BBC on the blackberry just as Beckford should have made it 3-1. I am afraid I shouted 'YES!' and the nurse came into see how I was getting on filling the little cup Very Happy
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Number of posts : 17435
Registration date : 2006-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract on Sat 07 May 2011, 6:21 pm

Mucha do about nothing wrote:Brilliant second half from us today. A lot of players stood up after a dismal first half. Great desire to get back in the game.

City fan I know texted me to say we'd won our cup final. I responded by saying "That's four cups in two seasons". cheers

lol! excellent response.

Dunno wtf Mancini is on about. We completely outplayed them second half, won every fifty fifty ball, scored twice, could have scored at least one more, passed the ball quickly and accurately, and out muscled them for everything. He can fuck off, gone right down in my estimation - they played as many long balls as we did. That seems to be the default moan for every Sky club manager when they get their arses kicked - complain that the opposition either "parked the bus" or "played long ball after long ball". It's just sour grapes.

Great win. Great performance from Moyes too - he turned it around totally second half with first Beckford and then Cahill substitutions.

hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 24178

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? on Sat 07 May 2011, 6:24 pm

I was gobsmacked by how hard Vic worked. He looked hlike his teenaged self. Hope that helped him, he and Beckford could be a revelation if they both put in the effort.

And Ossie also looks 6 years younger at the moment.
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Number of posts : 17435
Registration date : 2006-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Sat 07 May 2011, 6:25 pm

Mucha do about nothing wrote:Brilliant second half from us today. A lot of players stood up after a dismal first half. Great desire to get back in the game.

lol! Everton 2 (Distin, Osman) Man City 1  - Page 9 Action-s lol! Everton 2 (Distin, Osman) Man City 1  - Page 9 Action-s
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract on Sat 07 May 2011, 6:25 pm

Mucha do about nothing wrote:Some, as always, entertaining views from City fans

& my personal favorite

Nobheads. When did this become our "cup final"? I thought the Shite was our "cup final"? Or was it ManUre? Or Chelsea? We have a fuck of a lot of cup finals according to all these cockbrained glory hunters don't we. More likely it's their cup final since we mugged them for £24m for that useless cunt Lescott (who was useless again today). Personally, I don't give a fuck about Man Citteh, but it's lovely to spank the arse of a club that's trying to buy their way onto the top table, just like Chelsea. The only annoying thing is I'm going to have to cheer for Stoke now in the final, and I fucking hate them too!
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 24178

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum