606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wolves 0 Everton 3 (Beckford, Neville, Billy)

+14
Blue gazza
Hinchcliffe Corner
hairy cataract
Knight of Thorgothshire
Barry Horne's Equaliser
ToffeeDan
Yankthattoffee
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
Super
Mr_Ben
Statman
Made 4 Gwladys
Dixie Land
RhinoJagz
18 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Wolves 0 Everton 3 (Beckford, Neville, Billy) - Page 5 Empty Re: Wolves 0 Everton 3 (Beckford, Neville, Billy)

Post  Blue gazza Sat 09 Apr 2011, 2:39 pm

just 6 points behind spuds Very Happy

COYB
Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 8009
Registration date : 2005-10-17

Back to top Go down

Wolves 0 Everton 3 (Beckford, Neville, Billy) - Page 5 Empty Re: Wolves 0 Everton 3 (Beckford, Neville, Billy)

Post  Blue gazza Sat 09 Apr 2011, 2:40 pm

Super wrote:All over!

CAN I CHANGE MY SCORE PREDICTION Very Happy
Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza Sat 09 Apr 2011, 2:41 pm

YAKUBLUE wrote:okay then, we take our school of science exhibition style football on the road.
away to wolves who are fighting for their lives, a hard game that should see us travelling home on the back of a 1-3 win for us.

gueye should start, i will give him a goal plus osman and becks

.COYB

wasn't far off Very Happy
Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Sat 09 Apr 2011, 2:42 pm

Easy win in the end against a demoralised looking Wolves.

Defensively I thought we were excellent, but only Ossie shone at all in the creative department. I am convinced that Ani and Bily should never play for Everton again, they offer nothing (except Bily's occasional brilliant hit). Guaye was poor too, and Beckford really doesn't look convincing most of the time. Quite worrying for next season really. Amazing that we are so far up the table and hot on the heels of The Shite considering the fucking terrible team we're currently putting out. Astonishing.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25856

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sat 09 Apr 2011, 2:42 pm

Massive 3 points that one! cheers
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74366

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Sat 09 Apr 2011, 2:46 pm

Osman was man of the match, played well against a shite team

MaGuaye was utter wank is he related to Vic?

Hibbert upped his game well after Jarvis had him in knots in the first half.

Yak needs to come back and show the strikers how to score when one on one with a GK
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Sat 09 Apr 2011, 2:49 pm

Phil Neville's goal was his first away from home in the Premier League since 28th April 2001; 3634 days ago
Super
Super

Number of posts : 38093
Registration date : 2005-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Sat 09 Apr 2011, 2:55 pm

Mr_Ben wrote:Osman was man of the match, played well against a shite team

MaGuaye was utter wank is he related to Vic?

Hibbert upped his game well after Jarvis had him in knots in the first half.

Yak needs to come back and show the strikers how to score when one on one with a GK

Yes, I agree. Vic is a fucking joke now, he's so disinterested. He let one ball drift out of play right at the end that my nan could have caught and she's dead. Maguaye was hugely disappointing, and nearly let them score near the start when he defended a corner so weakly. Letting Yak go is starting to look like a huge mistake. We've got nothing as good as him up front, and he was a useless fat bastard.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? Sat 09 Apr 2011, 3:31 pm

I think Moyes got what he asked for a few weeks ago from Beckford, passion.

I doubt if that spat will bother either of them for long especially if his question to Moyes was 'why me ffs?' as Maggie looked off the pace.

Ossie and Nev immense I thought. Becks excellent running until he ran out of steam, his movement made all three goals but he put in a shift. Defence solid.
Vic worse than useless. I presume he was brought on to hold the ball up but he couldn't be arsed.
Can we swap him for Yak? If we are going to have a mardy bitch on the books I'd like him to score goals and have a nice smile Very Happy
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Number of posts : 17435
Registration date : 2006-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Sat 09 Apr 2011, 5:15 pm

mindyerho? wrote:I think Moyes got what he asked for a few weeks ago from Beckford, passion.

I doubt if that spat will bother either of them for long especially if his question to Moyes was 'why me ffs?' as Maggie looked off the pace.

Ossie and Nev immense I thought. Becks excellent running until he ran out of steam, his movement made all three goals but he put in a shift. Defence solid.
Vic worse than useless. I presume he was brought on to hold the ball up but he couldn't be arsed.
Can we swap him for Yak? If we are going to have a mardy bitch on the books I'd like him to score goals and have a nice smile Very Happy

I just don't get what DM sees in Vic. I know I've said that for the last 2 years, but seriously, what's the deal? He ran down the goalie half-heartedly a couple of times, then the one where he was trying to let ball run out of play, and had it nicked off him, was just lazy. Becks would seem to have an attitude, when DM was probably thinking about the next game and keeping him injury free. Maybe why so few players used to celebrate with him. It seems that they do now. How old is Forshaw? Looked about 14.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  ToffeeDan Sat 09 Apr 2011, 5:52 pm

Super wrote:Herbie's wearing his Everton baby grow today, must be a lucky sign!

He won't be thanking you for this when he's 18 years old and still wearing the 'lucky bib'

Liverpoole Echo Sun 12 March 1234: Euerton celebrate another drubbing of ye Shoite - quaffing muche Ale (Ye Spellowe, Blacke Horse, Wims Lowe (upstairs)) and spliffs & oft singing new chant "1,2 - 1,2,3 - 1,2,3,4 - 5-Nil." Big Dunkane (Bird Keeper of Euerton) was, yet again, sent-off by Judge Polle for landing several blows at head of serf James of Carreggore & Red Shoite Stephen Meelaar, Squire of Hitune fame who wed Ladie of The Night Alexa de Curraine and is wont to fight pubbe minstrels, was given an earlie dunking in Ye Mere of Stanlee Parke for an elbough to face of local serf Hibbeyrt. After being given ye olde clothe of vinegar by Rath-Boyne Hibbeyrt returned to scoreth fifth & finale goale past Ye Flying Pigge Thomas of Lawrence in Parke Ende - a riot followed. Euerton: Weste, Hibbeyrt, Wilsone, La Boyne, Mountyfielde, Balle, Kendel, Harveigh, Fergusaine, Latcheford, Deen of Tran Mere
ToffeeDan
ToffeeDan

Number of posts : 20252
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://www.packers.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser Sat 09 Apr 2011, 7:09 pm

mindyerho? wrote:I think Moyes got what he asked for a few weeks ago from Beckford, passion.

I think Moyes has already said that tkaing Becks off was about preserving a first teamer for the next game. I need him to score four more this season for £60. Not looking convincing, is it!

Number of posts : 13161
Registration date : 2005-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post  fourdoors Sat 09 Apr 2011, 8:31 pm

hairy cataract wrote:Easy win in the end against a demoralised looking Wolves.

Defensively I thought we were excellent, but only Ossie shone at all in the creative department. I am convinced that Ani and Bily should never play for Everton again, they offer nothing (except Bily's occasional brilliant hit). Guaye was poor too, and Beckford really doesn't look convincing most of the time. Quite worrying for next season really. Amazing that we are so far up the table and hot on the heels of The Shite considering the fucking terrible team we're currently putting out. Astonishing.

You're not wrong, Hairy... and yet... when we were putting out a half-decent team a few months ago, we couldn't score for toffee. We scored 3 goals today. One of them would (possibly, maybe) have been scored by Hibbo, if he'd been there instead of Neville.

Look at where we were earlier in the season. Look at the injuries we have. How many people looked at the team before kick-off today, and wondered if we'd be lucky and manage to snatch a 1-0 victory.
We just put 3 goals past a team. Never mind if it was Wolves, who are now second from bottom. It's almost getting to the point where next season could be exciting. If we can finish 6th or 7th when we have a shit season, just imagine what will happen when we have a good season.
We'll finish at least in the top half.

fourdoors

Number of posts : 844
Registration date : 2005-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post  fourdoors Sat 09 Apr 2011, 8:33 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:

I just don't get what DM sees in Vic. I know I've said that for the last 2 years, but seriously, what's the deal? He ran down the goalie half-heartedly a couple of times, then the one where he was trying to let ball run out of play, and had it nicked off him, was just lazy. Becks would seem to have an attitude, when DM was probably thinking about the next game and keeping him injury free. Maybe why so few players used to celebrate with him. It seems that they do now. How old is Forshaw? Looked about 14.

According to Wikipedia, he turns 15 next month.

fourdoors

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sun 10 Apr 2011, 3:55 am

fourdoors wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:

For real? Shocked
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74366

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza Sun 10 Apr 2011, 7:41 am

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
fourdoors wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:

For real? Shocked

lol! lol!

Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Sun 10 Apr 2011, 8:00 am

fourdoors wrote:

You're not wrong, Hairy... and yet... when we were putting out a half-decent team a few months ago, we couldn't score for toffee. We scored 3 goals today. One of them would (possibly, maybe) have been scored by Hibbo, if he'd been there instead of Neville.

Look at where we were earlier in the season. Look at the injuries we have. How many people looked at the team before kick-off today, and wondered if we'd be lucky and manage to snatch a 1-0 victory.
We just put 3 goals past a team. Never mind if it was Wolves, who are now second from bottom. It's almost getting to the point where next season could be exciting. If we can finish 6th or 7th when we have a shit season, just imagine what will happen when we have a good season.

What seems to happen every year is that we have a terrible first half of the season, when our hopes are high but every other team is playing at full strength. Then, when all is lost, Moyes raises his team - whoever is available - to pick off the tiring and tense opposition and we end up slightly flattered by a reasonably high finishing place. Let's be realistic though, the PL is now no different to the Scottish PL. There's Chelsea and ManUre who can expect to win trophies, then there's the rest. We could finish 6th, or finish about 15th, there will only a be a couple of points in it, but we won't be any better or worse a side whatever the final outcome. Same next season if we can keep hold of Moyes.

hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinchcliffe Corner Sun 10 Apr 2011, 8:53 am

Hinchcliffe Corner wrote:Since we've been as unpredictable as a menstruating woman this season, I'm going to have to go for either
- a massive win for us
- a close thing with one team edging it
- a complete farce with us throwing away valuable points
- a bore draw

Told you.
Hinchcliffe Corner
Hinchcliffe Corner

Number of posts : 2425
Registration date : 2006-01-27

http://www.phil-cooper.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza Mon 11 Apr 2011, 12:12 am

Hinchcliffe Corner wrote:
Hinchcliffe Corner wrote:Since we've been as unpredictable as a menstruating woman this season, I'm going to have to go for either
- a massive win for us
- a close thing with one team edging it
- a complete farce with us throwing away valuable points
- a bore draw

Told you.

lol!
Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  fourdoors Mon 11 Apr 2011, 5:25 pm

hairy cataract wrote:
fourdoors wrote:

What seems to happen every year is that we have a terrible first half of the season, when our hopes are high but every other team is playing at full strength. Then, when all is lost, Moyes raises his team - whoever is available - to pick off the tiring and tense opposition and we end up slightly flattered by a reasonably high finishing place. Let's be realistic though, the PL is now no different to the Scottish PL. There's Chelsea and ManUre who can expect to win trophies, then there's the rest. We could finish 6th, or finish about 15th, there will only a be a couple of points in it, but we won't be any better or worse a side whatever the final outcome. Same next season if we can keep hold of Moyes.

Yeah. Now that I'm sober, not grumpy, and not feeling argumentative, I can agree with that.
So, if you ignore those tossers in the top 4-5, the league is actually quite exciting! Will we qualify for Europe? Will we get relegated? 4 points could make the difference!

fourdoors

Back to top Go down

Post  Valentino Blue Mon 11 Apr 2011, 5:34 pm

fourdoors wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
fourdoors wrote:

Yeah. Now that I'm sober, not grumpy, and not feeling argumentative, I can agree with that.
So, if you ignore those tossers in the top 4-5, the league is actually quite exciting! Will we qualify for Europe? Will we get relegated? 4 points could make the difference!

europe would be a real shock as we'd either have to finish 5th or man city need to win the FA cup then for them to finish 5th and us 6th, or we'd have to make a large improvement in the fairplay league. I can see us finishing above the shite which is always fun and a massive turnaround from the start of the season.

hon
Valentino Blue
Valentino Blue

Number of posts : 7380
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://www.nicecupofteaandasitdown.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodison_Gringo Mon 11 Apr 2011, 5:42 pm

What's the point of being in Europe anyway? Apart from a few nice away trips for those who can. Living in Peru, I can't, so I don't care. Soz.
Goodison_Gringo
Goodison_Gringo

Number of posts : 4509
Registration date : 2005-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Albert Mon 11 Apr 2011, 5:46 pm

Goodison_Gringo wrote:What's the point of being in Europe anyway? Apart from a few nice away trips for those who can. Living in Peru, I can't, so I don't care. Soz.

whats the point in being in the premieriship then? Very Happy

europe is our best chance of a trophy
Albert
Albert

Number of posts : 15653
Registration date : 2006-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodison_Gringo Mon 11 Apr 2011, 6:04 pm

treblA wrote:
Goodison_Gringo wrote:What's the point of being in Europe anyway? Apart from a few nice away trips for those who can. Living in Peru, I can't, so I don't care. Soz.

whats the point in being in the premieriship then? Very Happy

europe is our best chance of a trophy

Ha, ha. I get to go to one game every 3 years, or so, when I go back home but you do make a valid point. There seems little point to football at all.

I wouldn't say we have much chance of winning the Europa League either, we haven't looked close over the last few years.

Goodison_Gringo
Goodison_Gringo

Number of posts : 4509
Registration date : 2005-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5