606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FA Cup: Everton 0 Reading 1

+23
Top Balcony Blue
Albert
Valentino Blue
Super
Mr_Ben
fatboblatch
Diamond
Knight of Thorgothshire
Goodison_Gringo
RhinoJagz
Dixie Land
The President
Blue gazza
Doc( Ninetoes )blue
Barry Horne's Equaliser
Statman
SouthernSmugToffee
toffee_pies
Bryan
Da Judge
Sheep Flavour
Tonteau
He's Our Tater Not Yours
27 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

FA Cup: Everton 0 Reading 1 - Page 7 Empty Re: FA Cup: Everton 0 Reading 1

Post  Bluey Tue 1 Mar - 21:34

Dixie Land wrote:Season over. Thanks for fuck all Everton.
Yup...

Bluey
Bluey

Number of posts : 23509
Registration date : 2005-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Tue 1 Mar - 21:35

At least it seems as if Chelsea will win, making it that much harder for the Shite to get a sniff of CL football....
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74368
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Bluey Tue 1 Mar - 21:51

I only care about Everton mate Sad
Bluey
Bluey

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Tue 1 Mar - 22:03

Poor, poor performance this evening.
Super
Super

Number of posts : 38095
Registration date : 2005-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Diamond Tue 1 Mar - 22:05

That was pretty dire tonight, I did have a feeling we might lose this after knocking out Chelsea, but fuck me if we ae going to go out at least go out making a a fight of it, we lacked ideas and only really had 2 or 3 chances....and not great ones at that apart from the one we missed in the first 20 mins.

Really really shit....I cant wait till this nightmare season to end now to be honest, fuck the lot of them.

Diamond
Diamond

Number of posts : 1941
Registration date : 2005-10-17

Back to top Go down

Post  fatboblatch Tue 1 Mar - 22:32

I feel psychologically battered this season, more so than any i can remember for a long time...I think I have battered fan syndrome!!!
fatboblatch
fatboblatch

Number of posts : 1514
Registration date : 2007-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler Tue 1 Mar - 23:37

been through the whole hate them, fuck them, can't be arsed with them any more, lazy fucking bastards, why should they take money out of our pocket to give us shit like that, thing, and I'm probably still there, so will just go away and be angry for a bit longer
Sack the Juggler
Sack the Juggler

Number of posts : 25877
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Wed 2 Mar - 1:17

I'm not a DM knocker, but what the hell did he think we could achieve with Saha on his own for the first half, only to go for 3 strikers in the second? You have to deliver the ball to your front men, and how is that done with a midfield of Arteta, Osman & Rodwell, with nobody wide? Just Becks for Bily was the requirement at the half. We hit the panic button way too early.
Don't get me started on Vic.
I'm glad many of us stayed long enough to applause Reading off the pitch. Pleasant to see their players react to it as well.

OK, if we win against Newcaste and B'ham we can go **th. FA Cup: Everton 0 Reading 1 - Page 7 273473
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Wed 2 Mar - 5:53

watched some of it this morning when i got up, from the 70th minute to the final whistle. Apart from Osman's chance we didn't seem to get much.

Again Everton play as well as the opposition, sums up our season.
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Albert Wed 2 Mar - 10:11

reading just did what all the average teams do against us - sit back in the knowledge that we cant break teams down, and then catch us on quick breaks and set pieces.

i dunno what moyes does in training, but it cant involve quick passing in attacking situations. we had nothing in and around the box, its all side to side and back again.

we've got skillful players - arteta, bily, osman, saha - they're all capable of quick attacking football but they dont play it.

clueless around the box we are - not helped by playing 1 up front against shite like that.

i'm 100% behind moyes, but yesterday was 100% his fault, and the problem re-occurs everytime we play a team of similar standard
Albert
Albert

Number of posts : 15653
Registration date : 2006-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler Wed 2 Mar - 10:28

yeah it was moyes's fault that beckford turned up too late to start the match, and that skillful players who earn millions a year couldn't pass their way out of a paper bag - not defending moyes by the way, its just that to blame him alone means you were happy with the performance of all the players on the pitch, or those stuck in traffic jams - but I wasn't, I blame them all, the players and the manager. If they can't be arsed turning up for a game why the fuck do they expect us to?
Sack the Juggler
Sack the Juggler

Back to top Go down

Post  Albert Wed 2 Mar - 10:38

Sack the Juggler wrote:yeah it was moyes's fault that beckford turned up too late to start the match, and that skillful players who earn millions a year couldn't pass their way out of a paper bag - not defending moyes by the way, its just that to blame him alone means you were happy with the performance of all the players on the pitch, or those stuck in traffic jams - but I wasn't, I blame them all, the players and the manager. If they can't be arsed turning up for a game why the fuck do they expect us to?

he's stil played 4-5-1 against a championship team

beckford was still there on the bench at the start of the game

it's not just last nights games - its newcastle, wolves, west brom, wigan, bolton, west ham, stoke, brentford, blackburn
Albert
Albert

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Wed 2 Mar - 10:40

More than 1600 people attended last nights game compare to the home tie against Chelsea a few weeks ago.
Super
Super

Number of posts : 38095
Registration date : 2005-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler Wed 2 Mar - 10:45

treblA wrote:
Sack the Juggler wrote:yeah it was moyes's fault that beckford turned up too late to start the match, and that skillful players who earn millions a year couldn't pass their way out of a paper bag - not defending moyes by the way, its just that to blame him alone means you were happy with the performance of all the players on the pitch, or those stuck in traffic jams - but I wasn't, I blame them all, the players and the manager. If they can't be arsed turning up for a game why the fuck do they expect us to?

it's not just last nights games - its newcastle, wolves, west brom, wigan, bolton, west ham, stoke, brentford, blackburn

so your saying that the players were not at fault in any way, it was 100% moyes's fault?

I disagree, it was a team effort to make us that shit
Sack the Juggler
Sack the Juggler

Back to top Go down

Post  Albert Wed 2 Mar - 10:48

Sack the Juggler wrote:
treblA wrote:

so your saying that the players were not at fault in any way, it was 100% moyes's fault?

i'm saying that he sets the team up, motivates them, trains them, signs them, chooses the formation, tactics, etc and we're getting worse not better. he's the manager so it's his responsibility, and ultimately his fault.
Albert
Albert

Back to top Go down

Post  Valentino Blue Wed 2 Mar - 10:59

Valentino Blue wrote:Nervous for tonight's match. can't imagine Reading rolling over for us, they'll get men behind the ball and try to make the most of any counter attacking chances which has been the tactic we've struggled with all season.

They've still got a few decent(ish) players who are capable of scoring given the opportunity.

I'm also a bit concerned about our injury problems (again), having said that all the doubts before the Sunderland match (apart from Vic) managed to get some game time and Saha has apparently become indestructible over night.

didn't see the game last night but I'm guessing the above is fairly accurate.
Valentino Blue
Valentino Blue

Number of posts : 7380

http://www.nicecupofteaandasitdown.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler Wed 2 Mar - 11:17

Valentino Blue wrote:
Valentino Blue wrote:Nervous for tonight's match. can't imagine Reading rolling over for us, they'll get men behind the ball and try to make the most of any counter attacking chances which has been the tactic we've struggled with all season.

They've still got a few decent(ish) players who are capable of scoring given the opportunity.

I'm also a bit concerned about our injury problems (again), having said that all the doubts before the Sunderland match (apart from Vic) managed to get some game time and Saha has apparently become indestructible over night.

no mate, Moyes was at fault for their goal, he just wasn't tracking back / covering / defending and he should have saved it, and moyes was also at fault up front, he just didn't pass the ball enough, missed a sitter, wasn't making the runs, and he looked like a donkey...

...well that's Albert's match report anyway.
Sack the Juggler
Sack the Juggler

Back to top Go down

Post  Valentino Blue Wed 2 Mar - 11:40

Sack the Juggler wrote:
Valentino Blue wrote:

no mate, Moyes was at fault for their goal, he just wasn't tracking back / covering / defending and he should have saved it, and moyes was also at fault up front, he just didn't pass the ball enough, missed a sitter, wasn't making the runs, and he looked like a donkey...

it is frustrating that he can't seem to get the tactics right against teams who set out to defend against us and ultimatlely the blame will focus to him as he picks the team that goes out onto the pitch, That is down to Moyes but the players have to take a share of the blame to. Too often our key players have failed to make the impact required or expected of them and it's letting the whole team down. be it Arteta's current inability to play the ball forward, Saha's unwillingness to provide sufficient movement upfront, Rodwell's inability to live up to the hype probably apart from Baines, Distin, Coleman and Fellaini all of the first team have not performed at the level expected both by the fans and i'd imagine the manager.

We know from experience that Moyes' attitude is one of hard work of style, in the past that has given us a minimum of a team who respect the opposition set the basics of being solid in place and at least play with heart and passion but too often this season the players seem to have an expectation that they deserve to win when we play so called lesser teams, there appears to be no respect for the opposition. I can't see how Moyes has suddenly dropped this ethic from his approach to the game so I have to question the attitude of the players again. Is it the influence of the likes of Anichebe or Heitinga who've developed reputations (supposedly) for bigging themselves up, has the hype got to players like Rodwell and arteta do they think they're better too good to make the effort anymore?
Valentino Blue
Valentino Blue

Number of posts : 7380

http://www.nicecupofteaandasitdown.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Albert Wed 2 Mar - 13:34

Sack the Juggler wrote:
Valentino Blue wrote:

you're just being daft now
Albert
Albert

Back to top Go down

Post  Top Balcony Blue Wed 2 Mar - 13:41

I'd made my mind up before last night, but any doubts about giving up my season ticket for next year were erased in a shambolic 90mins. Imagine how low the gates are going to be for the remainder of the season, and just how many ST holders are gonna renew in the current climate when there is zero investment in the side and we're going backwards every season. The speed of our demise this campaign has been alarming. Shite.

Top Balcony Blue
Top Balcony Blue

Number of posts : 9812
Registration date : 2005-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Wed 2 Mar - 14:33

treblA wrote:
Sack the Juggler wrote:
treblA wrote:

i'm saying that he sets the team up, motivates them, trains them, signs them, chooses the formation, tactics, etc and we're getting worse not better. he's the manager so it's his responsibility, and ultimately his fault.

You're right Albert.
Second half was difficult to understand, and I'm sure the team had little clue as to what was expected of them.
3 strikers and both wide Midfielders taken off. What was the strategy? Then have Howard clear every ball to Vic's head, well at least towards Vic, who would make a leap towards the ball, but look shit scared of any aerial contact with the defender.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler Wed 2 Mar - 16:25

treblA wrote:
Sack the Juggler wrote:
Valentino Blue wrote:

I know but it made me feel better... not much but just a bit
Sack the Juggler
Sack the Juggler

Back to top Go down

Post  Bluey Wed 2 Mar - 19:34

Sack the board, sack the manager and sell all the players.

That isn't going to happen but we do need change at Everton, the simplest of which is sacking Moyes. Little reward for his years of service, but understandable as his team are not consistent anymore. His cup record is shocking to lower leagues. It is. It is possible the players are bored plain just tired of him.

The team to me after the FA cup final was shot and we have moved backwards since. You keep waiting for them to turn the corner.

We are under financed and that is the end of it.
Bluey
Bluey

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? Wed 2 Mar - 20:02

treblA wrote:
Sack the Juggler wrote:
Valentino Blue wrote:

Sacko misses the gentle sparring with BB......

mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Number of posts : 17435
Registration date : 2006-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler Thu 3 Mar - 9:49

mindyerho? wrote:
Sacko misses the gentle sparring with BB......

I do miss him, with him gone I feel like there is an empty space in my....

Spoiler:
Sack the Juggler
Sack the Juggler

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7