606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DAVID MOYES - ex Boss

+50
Goodison_Gringo
hairy cataract
Super
Lumper
Knight of Thorgothshire
RhinoJagz
Made 4 Gwladys
Armchair
Mr_Ben
Statman
Gravy & Chips
SEFTON
Helenqu
Bryan
Yankthattoffee
Hinchcliffe Corner
Merseyblue
The President
VenezuelaBlue
Michael Crosby S74
anticipate_the_pass
Royal Blue Mersey
Doc( Ninetoes )blue
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
fatboblatch
tadpole
My other LB is a Ferrari
Tonteau
Top Balcony Blue
Albert
BB
fourdoors
Valentino Blue
Cahill the Great
tadpole3
callmebubbles
SouthernSmugToffee
The Griffin
Garry Adams
ToffeeDan
Diamond
Sheep Flavour
Dixie Land
toffee_pies
He's Our Tater Not Yours
paul
MagicMike
detroitblue
Bluey
Mick-J-
54 posters

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

DAVID MOYES - ex Boss - Page 31 Empty Re: DAVID MOYES - ex Boss

Post  SEFTON Thu 09 May 2013, 3:35 pm

mindyerho? wrote:
SEFTON wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Gravy & Chips wrote:
the jellyman wrote:
Armchair Evertonian wrote: Laughing This is like breaking up with a girlfriend - sadness, with a hint of excitement about what the future holds.

Or like finding out your girlfriend has been screwing the other behind your back for he last few months before she finally goes off with him

But if you know the other fella is Brad Pit, you can feel a little better for it.......what the fuck am I saying?

It's like finding out that it wasn't Emma Bunton streaking topless across Goodison after all, it was Pat Butcher and you need some new glasses.

You need more than glasses Hairy to think Emma Bunton is really Pat Butcher? YOU LOST YOUR SENSE OF SMELL?

SEF, funniest thing you've ever posted lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

study
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 10591
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Thu 09 May 2013, 3:47 pm

Uwist61 wrote:
the jellyman wrote:
Armchair Evertonian wrote: Laughing This is like breaking up with a girlfriend - sadness, with a hint of excitement about what the future holds.

Or like finding out your girlfriend has been screwing the other behind your back for he last few months before she finally goes off with him

Been there seen it.... even to the point when I queried "are you going down then!!!"

FFS he has not screwed us over.... he has seen the year out - he is entitled to get what he can to match his ambitions and I hope that he does achieve them. He has really played a blinder in doing a good professional job to make his stock rise and be available at the same time... I would much rather this - we all knew he was likely to go if the right opportunity came along... than SAF keeling over next year and our season is sabotaged.... we are Everton.... we have to breathe in the same toxic psutum that the Shoite need to survive and we do.... we will continue... who knows what the future will bring ... but we will survive...
the whole contract thing is a bit of a red herring?
If DM had signed a contract last year, would Man Utd have still called on him, or would the £8M buy out clause have put them off?
If they truly wanted DM, Man Utd would have taken him now, with or without contract.
I'm guessing DM was trying to play fair, but in doing so, has done us in financially.
BK has just been a naive luvvy.
BTW, if we had achieved CL qualification, would DM have gone? One of life's great 'what ifs'
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Thu 09 May 2013, 3:48 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:
Uwist61 wrote:
the jellyman wrote:

Been there seen it.... even to the point when I queried "are you going down then!!!"

FFS he has not screwed us over.... he has seen the year out - he is entitled to get what he can to match his ambitions and I hope that he does achieve them. He has really played a blinder in doing a good professional job to make his stock rise and be available at the same time... I would much rather this - we all knew he was likely to go if the right opportunity came along... than SAF keeling over next year and our season is sabotaged.... we are Everton.... we have to breathe in the same toxic psutum that the Shoite need to survive and we do.... we will continue... who knows what the future will bring ... but we will survive...
If DM had signed a contract last year, would Man Utd have still called on him, or would the £8M buy out clause have put them off?
If they truly wanted DM, Man Utd would have taken him now, with or without contract.
I'm guessing DM was trying to play fair, but in doing so, has done us in financially.
BTW, if we had achieved CL qualification, would DM have gone? One of life's great 'what ifs'

Exactly. GBP8m is not much for man u
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Thu 09 May 2013, 3:48 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:
Uwist61 wrote:
the jellyman wrote:

He wouldn't turn down Man U - it's a once in a lifetime opportunity.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22502
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Thu 09 May 2013, 4:01 pm

Armchair Evertonian wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
Uwist61 wrote:
the jellyman wrote:

He wouldn't turn down Man U - it's a once in a lifetime opportunity.

Everyone is talking about Moyes costing us compensation ,SAF is not retiring until the end of the season, so this in its self would have prevented moves leaving earlier.
SEFTON
SEFTON

Back to top Go down

Post  Helenqu Thu 09 May 2013, 4:19 pm

Has signed a six year deal with them.

"David Moyes promises to do "everything in my power" to end the season strongly with Everton before joining Manchester United.

"I have had a terrific job at Everton, with a tremendous chairman and board of directors and a great set of players," the Scot says. "Between now and the end of the season, I will do everything in my power to make sure we finish as high as possible in the table.

"Everton's fantastic fans have played a big part in making my years at Goodison so enjoyable and I thank them wholeheartedly for the support they have given me and the players. Everton will be close to me for the rest of my life."
Helenqu
Helenqu

Number of posts : 4895
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.silverchainsuk.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz Thu 09 May 2013, 4:44 pm

Be interesting to see if he will have to betray his values now he is at Utd. Usually counted on to be straight up and honest, but will he have to be more aggressive and one-eyed like most of the managers at the bigger clubs?

Number of posts : 26901
Registration date : 2006-01-22

http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler Thu 09 May 2013, 4:47 pm

Bluejags wrote:Be interesting to see if he will have to betray his values now he is at Utd. Usually counted on to be straight up and honest, but will he have to be more aggressive and one-eyed like most of the managers at the bigger clubs?
I don't think he will, he will probably rise above all that, that's why he has always been a step above most managers and why United wanted him
Sack the Juggler
Sack the Juggler

Number of posts : 25877
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc( Ninetoes )blue Thu 09 May 2013, 4:52 pm

Former Manchester City, Blackburn Rovers, Fulham and QPR boss Mark Hughes, 49, who played for Everton between 2000 and 2002, refused to rule himself out of the running to replace Moyes.

affraid
Doc( Ninetoes )blue
Doc( Ninetoes )blue

Number of posts : 2806
Registration date : 2005-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Thu 09 May 2013, 5:04 pm

Doc( Ninetoes )blue wrote:Former Manchester City, Blackburn Rovers, Fulham and QPR boss Mark Hughes, 49, who played for Everton between 2000 and 2002, refused to rule himself out of the running to replace Moyes.

affraid

The toilet cleaner vacancy has already been filled Mr Hughes. affraid
SEFTON
SEFTON

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler Thu 09 May 2013, 5:05 pm

SEFTON wrote:
Doc( Ninetoes )blue wrote:Former Manchester City, Blackburn Rovers, Fulham and QPR boss Mark Hughes, 49, who played for Everton between 2000 and 2002, refused to rule himself out of the running to replace Moyes.

affraid

The toilet cleaner vacancy has already been filled Mr Hughes. affraid

I don't know, the toilet cleaner might need an assistant if Mark Hughes keep putting himself forward !!!!!! affraid affraid
Sack the Juggler
Sack the Juggler

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza Thu 09 May 2013, 5:12 pm

affraid

but the rest of the country have Very Happy Very Happy
Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 8008
Registration date : 2005-10-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler Thu 09 May 2013, 5:23 pm

the jellyman wrote:

affraid

but the rest of the country have Very Happy Very Happy
DAVID MOYES - ex Boss - Page 31 F_laugh lol! cheers
Sack the Juggler
Sack the Juggler

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Thu 09 May 2013, 11:14 pm

scratch
While Kenwright said the last couple of days had been tumultuous, he admitted he suspected this day would come as planning with Moyes about next season ground to a halt several weeks ago.
"It's been an extraordinary 24 hours - one which I wasn't prepared for yesterday morning," he told Sky Sports News.
"It's been a year now since David and I sat down and went through this season and next season and we've been planning for next season until very recently.
"David Moyes has always been my manager and I seriously hoped he would be manager next season."
Kenwright's suggestion he was not prepared most probably relates to the timing of United's approach more than anything, with chairman most likely thinking he would have to deal with the issue at the end of the season.
The chairman knew Moyes was seriously considering his future and it's believed that groundwork was being done should he decide to go.
scratch

It must have been love. You're always the last to know.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Thu 09 May 2013, 11:41 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote: scratch
While Kenwright said the last couple of days had been tumultuous, he admitted he suspected this day would come as planning with Moyes about next season ground to a halt several weeks ago.
"It's been an extraordinary 24 hours - one which I wasn't prepared for yesterday morning," he told Sky Sports News.
"It's been a year now since David and I sat down and went through this season and next season and we've been planning for next season until very recently.
"David Moyes has always been my manager and I seriously hoped he would be manager next season."
Kenwright's suggestion he was not prepared most probably relates to the timing of United's approach more than anything, with chairman most likely thinking he would have to deal with the issue at the end of the season.
The chairman knew Moyes was seriously considering his future and it's believed that groundwork was being done should he decide to go.
scratch

Kenwright is a total fuckwit. If he hasn't been thinking about who might be the next manager before now, then's he's the biggest fuckwit ever to drink at the Rover's Return, and there's been a fuck of a lot of fucking fuckwits pass through that bar. But it appears he hasn't.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25826

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza Fri 10 May 2013, 12:58 am

David Moyes has said it will be hard leaving Everton FC.

Because his car is on bricks.
Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 8008

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Fri 10 May 2013, 2:11 am

hairy cataract wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote: scratch
scratch

Kenwright is a total fuckwit. If he hasn't been thinking about who might be the next manager before now, then's he's the biggest fuckwit ever to drink at the Rover's Return, and there's been a fuck of a lot of fucking fuckwits pass through that bar. But it appears he hasn't.
In the land of Fuckwits, the biggest Fuckwit is king drunken
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Fri 10 May 2013, 7:31 am

I'm sure Bill has thought about replacements for Moyes in the past (just like we have), but publicly announcing that he knew Moyes was likely to leave and had been actively looking for a successor woulddn't go down too well either.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22502
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Fri 10 May 2013, 8:15 am

Armchair Evertonian wrote:I'm sure Bill has thought about replacements for Moyes in the past (just like we have), but publicly announcing that he knew Moyes was likely to leave and had been actively looking for a successor woulddn't go down too well either.

Yes, it's not like it was the usual sudden dismissal, so they should have a very short short-list in hand. Except this is Bill. And he is a lovely fella but a complete fuckwit.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Fri 10 May 2013, 8:18 am

And Neil Lennon is still odds-on favourite.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge Fri 10 May 2013, 8:55 am

hairy cataract wrote:And Neil Lennon is still odds-on favourite.

I can see your nightmare and double it.

The challenge we have is we have talent but truly untried in the club at first team level

Weir would appear to be a good choice given connections and gravitas with the squad.... But he might need a point of counsel..perhaps a Director of Football.... I give you Neil Warnock...

Now that serves you right for scaring the young uns last night just before they went to bed

The man who is prepared to wear a Shoite top IF, AND ONLY IF, you are prepared to cough the £25,000. Its true it was broadcast on National Radio!!
Da Judge
Da Judge

Number of posts : 9778

http://mlb.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Fri 10 May 2013, 9:02 am

Uwist61 wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:And Neil Lennon is still odds-on favourite.

I can see your nightmare and double it.

The challenge we have is we have talent but truly untried in the club at first team level

Weir would appear to be a good choice given connections and gravitas with the squad.... But he might need a point of counsel..perhaps a Director of Football.... I give you Neil Warnock...

Now that serves you right for scaring the young uns last night just before they went to bed

In practical terms... if we bring in a Laudrup, he will want to transform the way we play. He will want to buy a few ball-players, a mobile forward, wingers etc etc. So it will cost millions in compensation for the manager, and a load more millions on new players. If we bring in a Lennon, he will probably be having a massive wank at the thought of playing with the likes of Naismith, Jags, Hibbo and Jelavic, and will only want to spend a few grand on a fucking huge lump of a centre forward for some route one stuff, and a midfield loony to kick the fuck out of anything that moves.

So Bill, spend a fortune on a top European manager and some lovely players, or spend fuck all on a ginger loon and some cloggers....?

Or... as you say, save even the compo for Lennon and appoint Weir and Stubbs.

We're doomed.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Helenqu Fri 10 May 2013, 9:14 am

What about this chap? Favre. Never heard of him before.

http://news.ladbrokes.com/en-gb/football/premier-league/two-backed-for-everton-but-favre-could-be-right-moyes-replacement_153539.html
Helenqu
Helenqu

Number of posts : 4895

http://www.silverchainsuk.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinchcliffe Corner Fri 10 May 2013, 9:51 am

Do me a Favre! (just happy to be the first to make that pun)
Hinchcliffe Corner
Hinchcliffe Corner

Number of posts : 2425
Registration date : 2006-01-27

http://www.phil-cooper.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Fri 10 May 2013, 9:54 am

In the 2010–11 season, his first season in charge, Robinson guided MK Dons to fifth place in League One. This was regarded as a good achievement, improving on the Dons' points total over the previous season. The team lost in the playoffs to Peterborough United over two legs.
In the 2011–12 season, he continued making impressive strides, attracting big name players and guiding his side to another 5th place finish and is again in the play-offs. During the season, he signed a 3 year contract extension with the Dons. He has also admitted that he enjoys deep sea fishing and the works of James Joyce. Karl has had numerous offers from other football league clubs since his time with the dons, but he has said on a number of occasions that he will not leave MK Dons until he helps them get promoted to The Championship.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next