606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DAVID MOYES - ex Boss

+50
Goodison_Gringo
hairy cataract
Super
Lumper
Knight of Thorgothshire
RhinoJagz
Made 4 Gwladys
Armchair
Mr_Ben
Statman
Gravy & Chips
SEFTON
Helenqu
Bryan
Yankthattoffee
Hinchcliffe Corner
Merseyblue
The President
VenezuelaBlue
Michael Crosby S74
anticipate_the_pass
Royal Blue Mersey
Doc( Ninetoes )blue
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
fatboblatch
tadpole
My other LB is a Ferrari
Tonteau
Top Balcony Blue
Albert
BB
fourdoors
Valentino Blue
Cahill the Great
tadpole3
callmebubbles
SouthernSmugToffee
The Griffin
Garry Adams
ToffeeDan
Diamond
Sheep Flavour
Dixie Land
toffee_pies
He's Our Tater Not Yours
paul
MagicMike
detroitblue
Bluey
Mick-J-
54 posters

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

DAVID MOYES - ex Boss - Page 25 Empty Re: DAVID MOYES - ex Boss

Post  hairy cataract Tue 07 May 2013, 6:58 pm

Mr_Ben wrote:
Sack the Juggler wrote:Odds slashed on Moyes joining whiskey nose at Old Trafford in the Summer and taking over the season after.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2320692/David-Moyes-odds-replace-Sir-Alex-Ferguson-Manchester-United.html

1. Any move to non manager is a step back for Moyes
2. If Man Utd dont win the league the season before SAF goes the fans will want a proven Champions league and League winner manager.
3. Man Utd fans will want a big name that has managed a big (sic) club to success.
4. If Man U do win the league, champions league, the world cup and SAF retires the fans will want similar success. Moyes doesn't have that track record.
5. Daily Mail are always short of news.

Yes, yes, yes, yes, and yes to the above five points.

Whoever takes over from Taggart will either be a big name with European experience, or the latest flavour of the month up and coming British manager who will last less than a season. Moyes is both too old and too inexperienced at the highest level.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25858
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza Wed 08 May 2013, 12:41 am

a fair bit of facebook chatter about moyes to utd as well. i personally think he will stay with us Suspect
Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 8009

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Wed 08 May 2013, 7:14 am

All the papers are full of it now. But then they were full of "Moyes for Spurs" last season weren't they, and he didn't even get a phone call (it is assumed).

Still, if he does go to ManUre, which still seems unlikely to me, good luck to him. He should, and would, deffo take the chance. Even if he fails and gets the boot after Christmas, he's got fuck all to lose really - he certainly never has to work again after the money he's earned at Everton, and any of the mid-table PL clubs would snap him up if it didn't work out at OT.

hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Crosby S74 Wed 08 May 2013, 7:42 am

hairy cataract wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:
Sack the Juggler wrote:Odds slashed on Moyes joining whiskey nose at Old Trafford in the Summer and taking over the season after.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2320692/David-Moyes-odds-replace-Sir-Alex-Ferguson-Manchester-United.html

2. If Man Utd dont win the league the season before SAF goes the fans will want a proven Champions league and League winner manager.
3. Man Utd fans will want a big name that has managed a big (sic) club to success.
4. If Man U do win the league, champions league, the world cup and SAF retires the fans will want similar success. Moyes doesn't have that track record.

Whoever takes over from Taggart will either be a big name with European experience, or the latest flavour of the month up and coming British manager who will last less than a season. Moyes is both too old and too inexperienced at the highest level.

The only person with the ego to take over from Ferguson and win stuff is Mourinho.

I would have thought one of Ferguson's old players (Keane, Hughes, Solksjaer, Giggs) would have taken over, but I don't even think that would work.

I like Moyes and think he will stay, but they would be daft to get him in, despite how highly rated he is. He would be daft to leave Everton too.

Number of posts : 28054
Registration date : 2005-10-13

http://www.myspace.com/mtcefc

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Wed 08 May 2013, 8:15 am

Michael Crosby S74 wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:

The only person with the ego to take over from Ferguson and win stuff is Mourinho.

I would have thought one of Ferguson's old players (Keane, Hughes, Solksjaer, Giggs) would have taken over, but I don't even think that would work.

I like Moyes and think he will stay, but they would be daft to get him in, despite how highly rated he is. He would be daft to leave Everton too.

It will be interesting if Mourinho has the choice of ManUre and Chelsea. If he does, he'd be nuts to go back to Chelsea. Of course, the Chelsea fans will hate him forever if he does choose Man U.

Also, this is a fairly average ManUre side - did Fergie make the difference this season? In which case, there might be a wobble under new management. Possibly quite a big wobble.

Overall though, I don't suppose I really give a fuck. It's like reading about who takes over at Tesco really.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Wed 08 May 2013, 9:07 am

hairy cataract wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:

I would have thought one of Ferguson's old players (Keane, Hughes, Solksjaer, Giggs) would have taken over, but I don't even think that would work.I like Moyes and think he will stay, but they would be daft to get him in, despite how highly rated he is. He would be daft to leave Everton too.

It will be interesting if Mourinho has the choice of ManUre and Chelsea. If he does, he'd be nuts to go back to Chelsea. Of course, the Chelsea fans will hate him forever if he does choose Man U.

Also, this is a fairly average ManUre side - did Fergie make the difference this season? In which case, there might be a wobble under new management. Possibly quite a big wobble.

Overall though, I don't suppose I really give a fuck. It's like reading about who takes over at Tesco really.

Gary Neville short term could be an option although would be to big step considering he has no experience. . All the papers seem to be going with Moyes as favourite to take over from SAF. If this is the case ? then I expect Everton and moyes would have known about this for some while . the papers are saying that the United players have been warned that a statement from the club is imminent.

Can't see Mourinho going to United after saying he wants to go to a club that loves him , the fat waiter has already hinted that Mourinho will take over in June.
should moye's decide to take the United job expect Stubbsy to be named Everton manager (just my opinion) .
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 10599
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler Wed 08 May 2013, 9:09 am

hairy cataract wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:

This is why they will choose someone like Moyes - he makes average players work harder and as a team. Mourinho prefers to work with superstars and makes them hard to beat, so he will go to chelsea.

I reckon they will do a paisley / dalglish arrangement until Moyes has enough of it and kicks fergie into touch
Sack the Juggler
Sack the Juggler

Number of posts : 25877
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza Wed 08 May 2013, 9:24 am

I think moyes or the board should comment on these rumours. Let US the paying fans know what is happening to the team WE pay for
Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 8009

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler Wed 08 May 2013, 9:26 am

the jellyman wrote:I think moyes or the board should comment on these rumours. Let US the paying fans know what is happening to the team WE pay for
I'm guessing they don't know the answer. Fergie has now come out and admitted he is retiring. There is big step from there to appointing and confirming the new manager, espcially if it is Moyes as he is still under contract until the Summer
Sack the Juggler
Sack the Juggler

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Wed 08 May 2013, 9:28 am

Sack the Juggler wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:

This is why they will choose someone like Moyes - he makes average players work harder and as a team. Mourinho prefers to work with superstars and makes them hard to beat, so he will go to chelsea.

I reckon they will do a paisley / dalglish arrangement until Moyes has enough of it and kicks fergie into touch

Morning STJ. so if SAF takes Moyes on as his assistant( in a paisley & Daglish roll as you say) then SAF can't retire as its been stated ? I don't think Davey boy would want to leave a club he has total control of to be come a student of SAF ? Moyes would want to do things his own way .

Just a thought ? should Moyes take the United job in whatever capacity , how many players would Moyes try to take from Everton?
Leighton Baines Fellaini for starters.

SEFTON
SEFTON

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz Wed 08 May 2013, 9:47 am

Curious that Moyes would run down his contract in the time that Fergie quits. Suspect

Thing is, who will be more worried. Everton to lose Moyes after 11 years, or Utd to take on a manager that has never won a major trophy?

Number of posts : 26901
Registration date : 2006-01-22

http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler Wed 08 May 2013, 9:58 am

SEFTON wrote:
Sack the Juggler wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:

Morning STJ. so if SAF takes Moyes on as his assistant( in a paisley & Daglish roll as you say) then SAF can't retire as its been stated ? I don't think Davey boy would want to leave a club he has total control of to be come a student of SAF ? Moyes would want to do things his own way .

Just a thought ? should Moyes take the United job in whatever capacity , how many players would Moyes try to take from Everton?
Leighton Baines Fellaini for starters.

morning Sef - no, I meant with fergie in an upstairs role providing advice to the new manager - moyes will probably put up with that for a year until he gets to know his players and the club better, but then he'll tell fergie to feck off

Last edited by Sack the Juggler on Wed 08 May 2013, 9:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Sack the Juggler
Sack the Juggler

Back to top Go down

Post  SouthernSmugToffee Wed 08 May 2013, 9:59 am

Bluejags wrote:Curious that Moyes would run down his contract in the time that Fergie quits. Suspect

Thing is, who will be more worried. Everton to lose Moyes after 11 years, or Utd to take on a manager that has never won a major trophy?

For Moyes to leave Everton now, would be like queuing for cup final tickets for 4 hours and then leaving the queue just before buying the tickets.
SouthernSmugToffee
SouthernSmugToffee

Number of posts : 3935
Registration date : 2008-01-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler Wed 08 May 2013, 10:00 am

SouthernSmugToffee wrote:
Bluejags wrote:Curious that Moyes would run down his contract in the time that Fergie quits. Suspect

For Moyes to leave Everton now, would be like queuing for cup final tickets for 4 hours and then leaving the queue just before buying the tickets.
be more like queuing up for the carling cup final and your mate draggin you out of the queue with a pair of champions league tickets in his hand
Sack the Juggler
Sack the Juggler

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge Wed 08 May 2013, 10:10 am

DM has doing nothing less than a professional job. He has genuinely allowed his contract to expre at a time that frees him to be able to interview for a potential (now confirmed role) at a real bighitter. Being able to be interview unencumbered and getting the job are twoi wildly different things.

I would expect the fact that Moyes has no compensation figure attached will not figure highest in the priorities of those making the decision. In this aspect this is the only disappointment for the club that we get nothing for his departure. The fact remains that ALL OF US in our respective lives have some desire to be ambitious and operate at the highest level. Why should Moyes be any different?

If he goes, then thanks David. Its been brilliant!!

The man who is prepared to wear a Shoite top IF, AND ONLY IF, you are prepared to cough the £25,000. Its true it was broadcast on National Radio!!
Da Judge
Da Judge

Number of posts : 9782
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://mlb.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Wed 08 May 2013, 10:12 am

Sack the Juggler wrote:

be more like queuing up for the carling cup final and your mate draggin you out of the queue with a pair of champions league tickets in his hand

lol! yes, that's more like it.

Not sure why Moyes is bookies favourite apart from the fact he is mates with Fergie (which is probably irrelevant), and he is available. Manure will be able to pretty much pick whoever they want, almost nobody would turn it down.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler Wed 08 May 2013, 10:29 am

hairy cataract wrote:
Sack the Juggler wrote:

Not sure why Moyes is bookies favourite apart from the fact he is mates with Fergie (which is probably irrelevant), and he is available. Manure will be able to pretty much pick whoever they want, almost nobody would turn it down.

If you look at what fergie has built and how he built it, you can see why they would pick Moyes. Fergie's tenure started poorly but he was changing the culture and the team all the while. He built the youth structure and the scouting set up, he didn;t win anything for the first few years, but he was allowd to stay because they could see that the team was improving and the club was a much better set up for the future.

That is what Moyes has done for us, and with much less money.

United don't need a prima donna manager, they need a strict disciplinarian who is involved in all aspects of the club and who will roll his sleeves up and work with the team to make them stronger.

Its Moyes I tells ya.

Anyway, for our next manager I think I'd like Zola please. All the players would respect him as he would easily be the best player on the training ground.
Sack the Juggler
Sack the Juggler

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Wed 08 May 2013, 10:31 am

Morning BlueJags, This story has more impact than the sale of Rooney to United ,it is still only rumours that Moyes is going ,but, it will have just as much impact on Everton football club losing their manager as it will SAF retiring.
from a financial point of view United have the biggest worry's as this will effect them seriously should they not win anything next season , this is why it is important to bring in a more experienced manager ? if it is Moyes, what chance do United have at retaining the premiership title next season? will the United fans be patient with moyes or will they call for his head if he wins nothing first season? Moyes has very little experience in European competitions and for that reason I will be very surprised if United go with what will be a massive risk for them . As for Everton? losing David moyes will be more about sentiment , moyes has brought stability to the club if nothing else. his financial dealings on a shoe string budget are well known , in all honesty what have we won trophy wise?
well we all know the answer to that one, deep down that's why we are all looking forward to a new challenge and a new manager.

SEFTON
SEFTON

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Wed 08 May 2013, 11:04 am

Sack the Juggler wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Sack the Juggler wrote:

If you look at what fergie has built and how he built it, you can see why they would pick Moyes. Fergie's tenure started poorly but he was changing the culture and the team all the while. He built the youth structure and the scouting set up, he didn;t win anything for the first few years, but he was allowd to stay because they could see that the team was improving and the club was a much better set up for the future.

United don't need a prima donna manager, they need a strict disciplinarian who is involved in all aspects of the club and who will roll his sleeves up and work with the team to make them stronger.

Its Moyes I tells ya.

Anyway, for our next manager I think I'd like Zola please. All the players would respect him as he would easily be the best player on the training ground.

yes, all that is true, but it was a different era. Who gets time to build a team these days? In the PL, managers fall into two categories - those that have been there forever and those who have got a year to prove themselves before they get the sack. Whoever gets the job at Old Trafford won't come in on a "slowly slowly catchee monkey" ticket, they'll be expected to deliver the PL and at least the last 8 of the CL in season 1.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Wed 08 May 2013, 11:07 am

Fuck me, the odds on Moyes have shortened to up to 8-1 on! affraid Murinho is drifting. I might put a cheeky little bet on Stuart Hall at 9,000,000-1.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler Wed 08 May 2013, 11:17 am

hairy cataract wrote:Fuck me, the odds on Moyes have shortened to up to 8-1 on! affraid Murinho is drifting. I might put a cheeky little bet on Stuart Hall at 9,000,000-1.

has stuart hall gone out to 9,000,000/1? Bugger, I took 8,000,000/1, I've lost a £1,000,000 before they even announce the results!!!!! clown
Sack the Juggler
Sack the Juggler

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler Wed 08 May 2013, 11:21 am

hairy cataract wrote:
Sack the Juggler wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Sack the Juggler wrote:

Its Moyes I tells ya.

yes, all that is true, but it was a different era. Who gets time to build a team these days? In the PL, managers fall into two categories - those that have been there forever and those who have got a year to prove themselves before they get the sack. Whoever gets the job at Old Trafford won't come in on a "slowly slowly catchee monkey" ticket, they'll be expected to deliver the PL and at least the last 8 of the CL in season 1.

its not about building the team, its about continuing where SAF left off, gradually improving the first team, nurturing the youth team. They want a long term manager, not someone who fucks off after a season or two to his next super club.

I admit, with being on the stock exchange they will want instant results, but they probably want that anyway because they are used to it.

This isn't a case of a new manager changing the whole set up, but continuing to bring it on in the same vain.

Its stuart hall I tells ya, get a brooster on it now!
Sack the Juggler
Sack the Juggler

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Wed 08 May 2013, 11:43 am

Jimmy Tarbuck drifting to 3,000,000-1 now, but Pat Butcher looking good at 500,000-1. May be worth a punt on the horny fat lezzer.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Wed 08 May 2013, 11:52 am

Sack the Juggler wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Sack the Juggler wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Sack the Juggler wrote:

Its Moyes I tells ya.

This isn't a case of a new manager changing the whole set up, but continuing to bring it on in the same vain.

!
Has DM set up EFC in the image of United?
Youth + some notable arrivals.
Hard Nosed, won't take no shyt from Ronaldo, kind of approach?
It seems a natural progression for DM. Same routine but with bigger pockets.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Wed 08 May 2013, 12:22 pm

By the way, Martinez is odds on favourite to be the next Everton manager, with Neil Lennon in second place though way behind Martinez. Emma Bunton is third favourite with Michael Crosby as an outside bet and some smart money being put on the bloke down the pub who once gave Bill a lift to the station.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next