606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DAVID MOYES - ex Boss

Page 20 of 39 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 29 ... 39  Next

Go down

DAVID MOYES - ex Boss - Page 20 Empty Re: DAVID MOYES - ex Boss

Post  Yankthattoffee on Sat 16 Feb 2013, 11:08 am

Gus Poyet?
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 6534
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinchcliffe Corner on Sat 16 Feb 2013, 11:47 am

Sack the Juggler wrote:Laudrup seems to be doing an ok job at Swansea, but not sure if they are good enough defensively?

I like Laudrup, done well with Swansea and seems like a decent bloke too. Would be happy to welcome him in if the worst was to happen and Moyes walks.
Hinchcliffe Corner
Hinchcliffe Corner

Number of posts : 2425
Registration date : 2006-01-27

http://www.phil-cooper.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Helenqu on Sat 16 Feb 2013, 1:15 pm

I trust Kenwright and Moyes to find us a good replacement who will fit the club. I fully understand if Moyes wants to go and try himself at a better resourced club but I will be sorry to lose him as he has kept us safe when things could have so easily gone the other way for us. I also think Moyes will probably regret leaving a job where he has such huge influence and power.
I can see Pip as the Assistant Manager too and I think he'd be good at it but I don't think Steve Round will become Manager.
Helenqu
Helenqu

Number of posts : 4880
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.silverchainsuk.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Crosby S74 on Sat 16 Feb 2013, 1:22 pm

Why work somwhere on a shoestring, make the team consistant top ten finishers who with a bit of luck could challenge for CL places for 10 years with relative job security and then walk away?

Number of posts : 28005
Registration date : 2005-10-13

http://www.myspace.com/mtcefc

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza on Sat 16 Feb 2013, 1:56 pm

Michael Crosby S74 wrote:Why work somwhere on a shoestring, make the team consistant top ten finishers who with a bit of luck could challenge for CL places for 10 years with relative job security and then walk away?

is it frustration at being held back all the time, he wants to test himself at the top, but we cannot afford it.

the board need to find money for him to take us on the next step

this " 24/7 " investment search, needs to be doubled up. QUICKLY

if he does walk away, i think the board will suffer a MASSIVE fans backlash
Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 7373
Registration date : 2005-10-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Crosby S74 on Sat 16 Feb 2013, 2:07 pm

the jellyman wrote:
Michael Crosby S74 wrote:Why work somwhere on a shoestring, make the team consistant top ten finishers who with a bit of luck could challenge for CL places for 10 years with relative job security and then walk away?

is it frustration at being held back all the time, he wants to test himself at the top, but we cannot afford it.

Test himself where?

United? NO chance
City? On the verge of sacking the manager that won them the league last year
Chelsea?

He knows the financial constraints he is under, I just think its a bit rich of him to walk away after what happened with Lescott, I would hope whem he does leave Everton would be compensated.

As for people kicking off at the board, Everton are skint, I would rather they kept "treading water" than spending cash they havn't got chasing an impossible dream.

Up to Moyes of course, but he must realise how relatively easy he actually has it at Everton, if he doesn't want to carry on, fine, but he would be silly to walk away imo

Number of posts : 28005
Registration date : 2005-10-13

http://www.myspace.com/mtcefc

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza on Sat 16 Feb 2013, 2:23 pm

Michael Crosby S74 wrote:
the jellyman wrote:

Test himself where?

United? NO chance
City? On the verge of sacking the manager that won them the league last year
Chelsea?

He knows the financial constraints he is under, I just think its a bit rich of him to walk away after what happened with Lescott, I would hope whem he does leave Everton would be compensated.

As for people kicking off at the board, Everton are skint, I would rather they kept "treading water" than spending cash they havn't got chasing an impossible dream.

Up to Moyes of course, but he must realise how relatively easy he actually has it at Everton, if he doesn't want to carry on, fine, but he would be silly to walk away imo

agree with you , but i fear i am in a minority. i think this is a bluff by moyes to force the board to fund him, but it could also unsettle the team, to his loss
Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 7373

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract on Sat 16 Feb 2013, 2:38 pm

Moyes has to believe he's a good enough manager to be able to win something given the resources. He's proved over a ten year period what he can do at a club like Everton. The safe option is to stay forever, or until he gets sacked after a bad season. If he has any ambition, it's a no-brainer. He doesn't need to worry about money - he's been earning £3m a year and he doesn't look the type to have pissed it up the wall - so he can take a job purely for the challenge. He's pushing 50 so it's now or never. He's done everything he can at Everton, even if we qualify for the CL one season in ten, we haven't got the squad - or the money to buy the squad - to get past the prelimary rounds, or the group stage at best.

If the Arsenal job comes up, he'd be mad not to take it, and they'd be mad not to offer him it. He could take Fellaini with him, demand a few bob to spend on some proper defenders, sell some of the fancy dan foreigners, and take Arsenal back to where they were a few years ago - challenging every season at the highest level. Big if though.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 24160

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben on Sat 16 Feb 2013, 2:41 pm

hairy cataract wrote:Moyes has to believe he's a good enough manager to be able to win something given the resources. He's proved over a ten year period what he can do at a club like Everton. The safe option is to stay forever, or until he gets sacked after a bad season. If he has any ambition, it's a no-brainer. He doesn't need to worry about money - he's been earning £3m a year and he doesn't look the type to have pissed it up the wall - so he can take a job purely for the challenge. He's pushing 50 so it's now or never. He's done everything he can at Everton, even if we qualify for the CL one season in ten, we haven't got the squad - or the money to buy the squad - to get past the prelimary rounds, or the group stage at best.

If the Arsenal job comes up, he'd be mad not to take it, and they'd be mad not to offer him it. He could take Fellaini with him, demand a few bob to spend on some proper defenders, sell some of the fancy dan foreigners, and take Arsenal back to where they were a few years ago - challenging every season at the highest level. Big if though.

If Arsenal job comes up. A lot of other proven managers, who have won things, would also want the job.

We are probably more lucky that AVB is at Spuds now.
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract on Sat 16 Feb 2013, 2:57 pm

Mr_Ben wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:Moyes has to believe he's a good enough manager to be able to win something given the resources. He's proved over a ten year period what he can do at a club like Everton. The safe option is to stay forever, or until he gets sacked after a bad season. If he has any ambition, it's a no-brainer. He doesn't need to worry about money - he's been earning £3m a year and he doesn't look the type to have pissed it up the wall - so he can take a job purely for the challenge. He's pushing 50 so it's now or never. He's done everything he can at Everton, even if we qualify for the CL one season in ten, we haven't got the squad - or the money to buy the squad - to get past the prelimary rounds, or the group stage at best.

If Arsenal job comes up. A lot of other proven managers, who have won things, would also want the job.

I think if the job came up, right now, Moyes would be near the top of the list. They don't like spending money at Arse these days, and he's shown what he can do on a restricted budget. Difference would be, from Moyes's point of view, the "restricted" budget at Arse would be about five times what it is at Everton.

hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben on Sat 16 Feb 2013, 3:05 pm

hairy cataract wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:

I think if the job came up, right now, Moyes would be near the top of the list. They don't like spending money at Arse these days, and he's shown what he can do on a restricted budget. Difference would be, from Moyes's point of view, the "restricted" budget at Arse would be about five times what it is at Everton.

Agree that he would be near the top. However I just think Arsenal would appoint someone who has delivered trophies and has CL experience. Gus Hiddink for example. Lets see what happens.
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land on Sat 16 Feb 2013, 3:23 pm

Where would he go? scratch

Spurs was his only real option and they have recently appointed AVB who has started to do a decent job. I can't see him wanting to join Man City or Chelsea because of the amount of sackings in the past (and that is if they want him in the first place). I can only see teams like Villa, Fulham and West Ham going for him and that is a backwards step in my opinion.

He has spoken about managing in Germany in the past so that may be an option but I would have thought he wouldn't want to go there for 5-10 years at least, while he proves himself further and the German league gets bigger.

His best bet is staying with the Mighty Blues and leading us on to victory. cheers cheers cheers
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20992
Registration date : 2006-01-07

http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Sat 16 Feb 2013, 3:27 pm

if he does go the new guy can immediately make some money by selling Vic & Nais to Tesco as lasagne filling

Spoiler:
btw...he won't leave
Made 4 Gwladys
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 34833

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair on Sat 16 Feb 2013, 4:04 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:if he does go the new guy can immediately make some money by selling Vic & Nais to Tesco as lasagne filling

Spoiler:
btw...he won't leave

lol!
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 20298
Registration date : 2006-06-01

http://www.heavyrotation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Sat 16 Feb 2013, 5:12 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:if he does go the new guy can immediately make some money by selling Vic & Nais to Tesco as lasagne filling

Spoiler:
btw...he won't leave
DAVID MOYES - ex Boss - Page 20 F_laugh DAVID MOYES - ex Boss - Page 20 F_laugh DAVID MOYES - ex Boss - Page 20 F_laugh DAVID MOYES - ex Boss - Page 20 F_laugh DAVID MOYES - ex Boss - Page 20 F_laugh DAVID MOYES - ex Boss - Page 20 F_laugh DAVID MOYES - ex Boss - Page 20 F_laugh DAVID MOYES - ex Boss - Page 20 273473 DAVID MOYES - ex Boss - Page 20 273473 DAVID MOYES - ex Boss - Page 20 273473 DAVID MOYES - ex Boss - Page 20 273473 DAVID MOYES - ex Boss - Page 20 273473 DAVID MOYES - ex Boss - Page 20 830563 DAVID MOYES - ex Boss - Page 20 830563 DAVID MOYES - ex Boss - Page 20 830563 DAVID MOYES - ex Boss - Page 20 830563
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 70136

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract on Sat 16 Feb 2013, 5:21 pm

If Moyes does go to Arse, can I just say you read it here first?

A win at Oldham today, and I bet the rumours will start.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land on Sat 16 Feb 2013, 5:42 pm

Has anybody mentioned Paul Dickov as our next manager? Very Happy
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20992
Registration date : 2006-01-07

http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Sat 16 Feb 2013, 5:43 pm

Dixie Land wrote:Has anybody mentioned Paul Dickov as our next manager? Very Happy
Player Manager DAVID MOYES - ex Boss - Page 20 F_whistl
Made 4 Gwladys
Made 4 Gwladys

Back to top Go down

Post  The President on Sat 16 Feb 2013, 5:44 pm

Lets not write him off yet.
Hopefully the Board will find some money so we can strengthen in the summer.
And Mr Moyes will no doubt want to defend the FA Cup and enjoy CL with Everton next season.
The President
The President

Number of posts : 11907
Registration date : 2005-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair on Sat 16 Feb 2013, 6:52 pm

I imagine (assuming we don't get 4th) Felli will want out. But I think that may be to our advantage if BK can give the full fee (£30m?) to Moyes to spend. I think Moyes would relish having that amount burning a hole in his pocket even if he does lose one of his top players in the process.
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Sat 16 Feb 2013, 8:03 pm

fucking sack the useless ginger cunt.. can't even beat Oldham

Sack Moyles
Made 4 Gwladys
Made 4 Gwladys

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair on Sun 17 Feb 2013, 10:10 am

Wigan manager Roberto Martinez, 39, is Everton's first choice to replace David Moyes if the 49-year-old declines to agree to stay at the club beyond this summer when his deal expires.

Full story: Sunday People

No thanks.
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler on Sun 17 Feb 2013, 10:15 am

Armchair Evertonian wrote:
Wigan manager Roberto Martinez, 39, is Everton's first choice to replace David Moyes if the 49-year-old declines to agree to stay at the club beyond this summer when his deal expires.

No thanks.
Wouldn't mind him to be honest, I know his team isn't doing well but their resources are even more limited than ours. Be funny if he got us into the CL playing ticky tacky football DAVID MOYES - ex Boss - Page 20 F_laugh

Number of posts : 25878
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair on Sun 17 Feb 2013, 11:57 am

Sack the Juggler wrote:
Armchair Evertonian wrote:

No thanks.
Wouldn't mind him to be honest, I know his team isn't doing well but their resources are even more limited than ours. Be funny if he got us into the CL playing ticky tacky football DAVID MOYES - ex Boss - Page 20 F_laugh

His reputation seems to be built around keeping a team in the PL by the skin of their teeth each season. Other managers have done more with less (Rodgers at Swansea, Lambert at Norwich, Clarke at WBA).
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Diamond on Tue 19 Feb 2013, 4:54 pm

Armchair Evertonian wrote:I think Nigel Adkins could do a good job.

No thanks, he did alright at Southampton but I am not keen on appointing goalkeepers as managers especially when you think of our last experience of a ex goalkeeper manager
Diamond
Diamond

Number of posts : 1941

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 39 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 29 ... 39  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum