606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chelsea 1 Everton 1 (Beckford)

+26
Bluey
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
MagicMike
Knight of Thorgothshire
Gravy & Chips
Armchair
Mr_Ben
hairy cataract
RhinoJagz
BB
Made 4 Gwladys
Sack the Juggler
Tonteau
Dixie Land
ToffeeDan
Doc( Ninetoes )blue
Blue gazza
paul
fourdoors
fatboblatch
Sheep Flavour
notepad
Top Balcony Blue
Super
anticipate_the_pass
Barry Horne's Equaliser
30 posters

Page 11 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Chelsea 1 Everton 1 (Beckford) - Page 11 Empty Re: Chelsea 1 Everton 1 (Beckford)

Post  Tonteau Sat 04 Dec 2010, 8:52 pm

Armchair Evertonian wrote:Great 2nd half performance, we could easily have won it. Fellaini and Rodders grew as the game went on. Beckford fluffed a couple of long rangers but his movement and running off the ball was excellent.

Baines was superb. He showed Ashley Cole what a fullback should look like. MOTM by a mile.

I think I'd probably give MOTM to Distin. He was immense.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15978
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Chelsea 1 Everton 1 (Beckford) - Page 11 Empty Re: Chelsea 1 Everton 1 (Beckford)

Post  BB Sat 04 Dec 2010, 9:09 pm

mindyerho? wrote:
Sack the Juggler wrote:
BB wrote:10 minutes left and Moyes is doing what?

Did you want him to get on and score himself? Chelsea 1 Everton 1 (Beckford) - Page 11 Confused

I think you two could be a new category this year for the annual awards. "Best Potential Cage Fight" Chelsea 1 Everton 1 (Beckford) - Page 11 361146

Nah, I like him far too much for that matey, and besides, I'd rather have a nice cup of tea. Wink
BB
BB

Number of posts : 2456
Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler Sat 04 Dec 2010, 9:45 pm

Must admit to feeling a bit down after today, Chelsea were there for the taking but we really need to score more
Sack the Juggler
Sack the Juggler

Number of posts : 25877
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler Sat 04 Dec 2010, 9:47 pm

BB wrote:
mindyerho? wrote:
Sack the Juggler wrote:

Did you want him to get on and score himself? Chelsea 1 Everton 1 (Beckford) - Page 11 Confused

I think you two could be a new category this year for the annual awards. "Best Potential Cage Fight" Chelsea 1 Everton 1 (Beckford) - Page 11 361146

Nah, I like him far too much for that matey, and besides, I'd rather have a nice cup of tea. Wink

I'm too old to climb back in the ring now, have you got any garibaldi to go with that tea? Very Happy
Sack the Juggler
Sack the Juggler

Number of posts : 25877
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sat 04 Dec 2010, 10:45 pm

Nobody seemed to celebrate with Beckford again today when he scored... just like his first goal..

all the celebrations were with Baines for the cross..

I wonder if the team actually simply don't like Beckford ??... or am I mis-reading this ??

Number of posts : 40856
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sat 04 Dec 2010, 11:30 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:Nobody seemed to celebrate with Beckford again today when he scored... just like his first goal..

I wonder if the team actually simply don't like Beckford ??... or am I mis-reading this ??
Not sure, but if that's the case that's not a good sign.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74366

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Statman Sat 04 Dec 2010, 11:30 pm

hairy cataract wrote:Every time they show that incident it looks less like a penalty.

That's because it wasn't. I was out today and heard it on 5 Live. According to them, with the hindsight of replays, Howard should have been sent to the electric chair. Apparently the lack of action replays was the ref's only defence for not dishing out the ultimate punishment. scratch

I have also been out tonight and have just seen it now. My initial reaction was - WTF, Howard just stood there and Anelka just jumped all over him. Disgraceful decision and disgraceful commentary on 5 Live.

Not surprisingly, the contentious decision not to award a red card didn't warrant any attention whatsoever in the after match analysis on MOTD.
Statman
Statman

Number of posts : 7093
Registration date : 2005-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sat 04 Dec 2010, 11:53 pm

Toffee Dan wrote:Hey - 4 draws in a row at Stamford Bridge

Thank you Santa...for the miracle !!

And thank heavens it was on Beckford's head otherwise it might still be travelling into the stratosphere..
brilliant Chelsea 1 Everton 1 (Beckford) - Page 11 830563

Number of posts : 40856

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  BB Sun 05 Dec 2010, 12:06 am

Sack the Juggler wrote:
BB wrote:
mindyerho? wrote:
Sack the Juggler wrote:

I'm too old to climb back in the ring now, have you got any garibaldi to go with that tea? Very Happy

My nan used to pour some in a saucer, and let me drink it once it had cooled. That was my first recollection of drinking tea.
Chelsea 1 Everton 1 (Beckford) - Page 11 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRg5R9ep-sfXCIQyAHPeA0rS2Ai9beWUO67_-543X-7EONkrUuqhw

I'd take a slice of that right now matey.
BB
BB

Number of posts : 2456
Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Statman Sun 05 Dec 2010, 12:15 am

Toffee Dan wrote:Hey - 4 draws in a row at Stamford Bridge

Thank you Santa...for the miracle !!

And thank heavens it was on Beckford's head otherwise it might still be travelling into the stratosphere..

Only 3 in all competitons but 5 consecutive Premiership draws.

2010/2011
English Premier Chelsea 1-1 Everton 04-12-2010
2009/2010
English Premier Everton 2-1 Chelsea 10-02-2010
English Premier Chelsea 3-3 Everton 12-12-2009
2008/2009
English FA Cup Chelsea 2-1 Everton 30-05-2009
English Premier Chelsea 0-0 Everton 22-04-2009
English Premier Everton 0-0 Chelsea 22-12-2008
2007/2008
English Premier Everton 0-1 Chelsea 17-04-2008
English League Cup Everton 0-1 Chelsea 23-01-2008
English League Cup Chelsea 2-1 Everton 08-01-2008
English Premier Chelsea 1-1 Everton 11-11-2007
2006/2007
English Premier Chelsea 1-1 Everton 13-05-2007
Statman
Statman

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz Sun 05 Dec 2010, 12:40 am

Statman wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:Every time they show that incident it looks less like a penalty.

That's because it wasn't. I was out today and heard it on 5 Live. According to them, with the hindsight of replays, Howard should have been sent to the electric chair. Apparently the lack of action replays was the ref's only defence for not dishing out the ultimate punishment. scratch

I have also been out tonight and have just seen it now. My initial reaction was - WTF, Howard just stood there and Anelka just jumped all over him. Disgraceful decision and disgraceful commentary on 5 Live.

Not surprisingly, the contentious decision not to award a red card didn't warrant any attention whatsoever in the after match analysis on MOTD.

Ive watched again, this time with RTE commentary and commentator makes the point that Anelka took a heavy touch, realises he is not going to get to it so decides to jump into Howard. If you watch it in low motion you can see Anelka make that split decision. Hard for the ref to see that in real time but if he had sent Howard off it would have been a travesty.

Number of posts : 26901
Registration date : 2006-01-22

http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Post  Statman Sun 05 Dec 2010, 12:49 am

Bluejags wrote:
Statman wrote:

Ive watched again, this time with RTE commentary and commentator makes the point that Anelka took a heavy touch, realises he is not going to get to it so decides to jump into Howard. If you watch it in low motion you can see Anelka make that split decision. Hard for the ref to see that in real time but if he had sent Howard off it would have been a travesty.

As was the award of the penalty.
Statman
Statman

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Sun 05 Dec 2010, 8:42 am

Statman wrote:
Bluejags wrote:
Statman wrote:

Other than us, and Steve McManaman on the feed I was watching, nobody else seems to have picked up on the fact it wasn't a pen Chelsea 1 Everton 1 (Beckford) - Page 11 Confused

Also no mention for Malouda's nailed on red card scratch
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25856

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Sun 05 Dec 2010, 9:34 am

Anelka was clever, he switched the ball right and ran into Howard, giving the impression he would get the ball. If he had switched in left the referee would have deemed he would not have got the ball.

On review it was a poor decission. I was watching it on PLTV and the co-commentator (on watching the replay) stated it he could not see why a penalty was given.
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Sun 05 Dec 2010, 9:52 am

Bluejags wrote:
Statman wrote:

Even wosre is that Anelka knocks the ball to the right of Howard, starts to run round him to the left, realises that he won't get the ball, and delibrately veers straight into Howard. No penalty.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22536
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Sun 05 Dec 2010, 9:54 am

Sack the Juggler wrote:Must admit to feeling a bit down after today, Chelsea were there for the taking but we really need to score more

We could have won it but then the Chavs came very close with Terry's lob (clearly meant to be a cross back into the box but hey, it's Jon Terry and therefore was a piece of brilliance, right?) and Cole's miskick from about 2 yards. I think 1-1 was pretty fair in the end.
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Sun 05 Dec 2010, 9:55 am

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:Nobody seemed to celebrate with Beckford again today when he scored... just like his first goal..

A couple of players ran towards him (Cahill) while Pienaar and Jags congratulated Baines, but they were closer to him than Beckford. I didn't see any indication of players not passing to Becks but it does appear that he is not 'one of the lads' yet.
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  MagicMike Sun 05 Dec 2010, 11:08 am

Went the game yesterday. We played well first half without really posing too much of a threat. We never got behind the Chelsea backline or played any meaningful passes that might hurt them. But we tried to knock it about still.

Chelsea had a few chances themselves but hitting the bar (Terry) and a free header (Kalou) aside they didn't cause too many problems. That was until Neville played them in. What a gift!

I think Howard was lucky not to go. He looked to be the last man. I can only imagine that the ref thought Distin would've covered but he looked like he was behind the play, to me.

Anyway second half we improved massively. I think it was Fellaini that made the difference. As Essien tired Fellaini got a real grip of the midfield and his ability to start moves off on the deck brought Pienaar into the game more too. This in turn meant that Baines, who'd been making runs all day long, got repeatedly played in down the left. For me, we look so much more solid in the middle with Fellaini there. He gives us shape, something we lack when Heitinga and Arteta play together.

I thought Beckford did ok. His lay offs and link up play looked a lot sharper and he was finding midfielders with good balls into feet. He also looked confident after his goal. That turn away from two defenders on the edge of the box showed that. This move also showed a real weakness in his game too. With space in front of him he could've carried the ball or played in one of two to his left but inside he rushed a shot and fired high and wide. He did the same thing when he came on too, trying to chip Cech from about 40 yards and got it woefully wrong. Still he was in the right place to score and that will do his confidence the world of good. On the teammates conspiracy, Cahill went over to him at the end of the game and started patting his head and said something to Beckford that made the forward grin. They seemed to be in good spirits. I don't think there's anything to worry about.

I thought Distin was immense at the back. He marshalled Drogba well and cleaned up everything in the air, in behind or in front of him. Probably our Man of the Match.

Happy with a point, I'd have taken it before the game but we are still not punishing teams and Chelsea were there to be beaten yesterday. Same old story really, we need more composure in front of goal.

MagicMike
MagicMike

Number of posts : 11414
Registration date : 2006-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Gravy & Chips Sun 05 Dec 2010, 1:28 pm

Mike, watch the replays again of Howard, it was never a penalty. At the very worst it was obstruction so an indirect free kick.... and it wasn't even that. Someone made a good call on Toffeepleb in that Howard could have dived out of the way to his left and made Anelka look an absolute cheating twat for trying to run into him.
Gravy & Chips
Gravy & Chips

Number of posts : 13355
Registration date : 2005-10-16

http://www.break.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sun 05 Dec 2010, 2:14 pm

Armchair Evertonian wrote:

A couple of players ran towards him (Cahill) while Pienaar and Jags congratulated Baines, but they were closer to him than Beckford. I didn't see any indication of players not passing to Becks but it does appear that he is not 'one of the lads' yet.
At the end we were 3 on 2 and Beckford took the shot which ended up in Row Z...
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74366

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MagicMike Sun 05 Dec 2010, 4:11 pm

Gravy & Chips wrote:Mike, watch the replays again of Howard, it was never a penalty. At the very worst it was obstruction so an indirect free kick.... and it wasn't even that. Someone made a good call on Toffeepleb in that Howard could have dived out of the way to his left and made Anelka look an absolute cheating twat for trying to run into him.
Well yes. I never said it was a penalty. I said he was lucky not to be sent off. If it was a foul in the referee's eyes then I think he was the last man and should have gone. I think the ref thought Distin would've covered and so only gave him a yellow. Now whether or not Howard fouled Anelka is a different point but if the ref deemed him to (which he did) then he should've gone also. That's why I think he was lucky to stay on. Howard was unlucky to concede a pen though, although if that was the other way around I'd want a pen for us.
MagicMike
MagicMike

Number of posts : 11414
Registration date : 2006-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? Sun 05 Dec 2010, 4:55 pm

MagicMike wrote:
Gravy & Chips wrote:Mike, watch the replays again of Howard, it was never a penalty. At the very worst it was obstruction so an indirect free kick.... and it wasn't even that. Someone made a good call on Toffeepleb in that Howard could have dived out of the way to his left and made Anelka look an absolute cheating twat for trying to run into him.
Well yes. I never said it was a penalty. I said he was lucky not to be sent off. If it was a foul in the referee's eyes then I think he was the last man and should have gone. I think the ref thought Distin would've covered and so only gave him a yellow. Now whether or not Howard fouled Anelka is a different point but if the ref deemed him to (which he did) then he should've gone also. That's why I think he was lucky to stay on. Howard was unlucky to concede a pen though, although if that was the other way around I'd want a pen for us.
The difference being, we wouldn't get one. Very Happy
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Number of posts : 17435
Registration date : 2006-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Bluey Sun 05 Dec 2010, 6:04 pm

mindyerho? wrote:
MagicMike wrote:
The difference being, we wouldn't get one. Very Happy

Certainly not with Probert..

Not a penalty in my eyes, but the Distin claim was pretty genuine. We could easily have been 3 possibly 4 down by half time. Second half I felt we should have won the game.

Moyes is I hate to say annoying me with his tactics. When exactly would Beckford get a shout if Saha had not been injured? I know you have to put trust in the playing staff but injuries changed the game than the great man himself.

Bluey
Bluey

Number of posts : 23509
Registration date : 2005-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge Sun 05 Dec 2010, 8:11 pm

hairy cataract wrote:
Statman wrote:
Bluejags wrote:
Statman wrote:

Other than us, and Steve McManaman on the feed I was watching, nobody else seems to have picked up on the fact it wasn't a pen Chelsea 1 Everton 1 (Beckford) - Page 11 Confused

Also no mention for Malouda's nailed on red card scratch
Which strangely does not feature in the MOTD highlights...

In Basket ball Anelka would have been done for Offensive Charging... you can (as Bluejags says ) clearly see the change of direction as he realises he needs to make contact with Howard. As the Telegraph says today "its hard to see where else (or what actually) Howard could have done differently he stood there and made no move towards the player.

The man who is prepared to wear a Shoite top IF, AND ONLY IF, you are prepared to cough the £25,000. Its true it was broadcast on National Radio!!
Da Judge
Da Judge

Number of posts : 9782
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://mlb.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Back to top Go down

Post  The President Sun 05 Dec 2010, 8:53 pm

Was it a penalty?

Daily Mirror : The game eventually exploded into action in the 40th minute when Nicola Anelka raced through on goal only to be rugby tackled by Tim Howard in the penalty area.
Daily Record : They broke the deadlock in 42 minutes when Nicholas Anelka pounced on a poor back pass from Phil Neville and was brought down by Tim Howard
Morning Star : The Everton goalkeeper upended Nicolas Anelka after the Frenchman raced onto a dreadful back pass from Phil Neville.
Click Liverpool : The Frenchman knocked the ball around Howard and clattered into him expertly persuading referee Lee Probert to point to the spot
Daily Star : Drogba’s strike partner Nicolas Anelka seized the moment and headed for goal. Howard leapt from his line and collided with the Chelsea striker for a definite penalty – and nailed -on dismissal
The Sun : Anelka pounced on a poor back pass from Neville and was brought down by Howard, with Probert opting to show the keeper yellow instead of red
BBC : There was no doubt about the decision to award the spot kick after Howard clumsily brought down Anelka following an atrocious attempted backpass from Toffees skipper Phil Neville

David Moyes : "I've had a chance to see it - the goalie can't get out of the way so you could say 'is it or is it not' but if it was me I'd want a penalty kick for it,"
The Independent : Everton received the benefit of any doubt a few minutes before the interval when Howard blocked Anelka to concede a penalty but was allowed to stay on the pitch

Well most of them were watching a different game.
Howard did not move. Anelka ran at him.
The President
The President

Number of posts : 11907
Registration date : 2005-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next