606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chelsea 1 Everton 1 (Beckford)

Page 10 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Chelsea 1 Everton 1 (Beckford) - Page 10 Empty Re: Chelsea 1 Everton 1 (Beckford)

Post  Armchair on Sat 04 Dec 2010, 4:58 pm

Great 2nd half performance, we could easily have won it. Fellaini and Rodders grew as the game went on. Beckford fluffed a couple of long rangers but his movement and running off the ball was excellent.

Baines was superb. He showed Ashley Cole what a fullback should look like. MOTM by a mile.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 20469
Registration date : 2006-06-01

http://www.heavyrotation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Chelsea 1 Everton 1 (Beckford) - Page 10 Empty Re: Chelsea 1 Everton 1 (Beckford)

Post  The President on Sat 04 Dec 2010, 4:58 pm

1652: Chance for Jermaine Beckford to win it from the edge of the area for Everton - but he spoons his effort miles over Chelsea keeper Petr Cech's bar.

We need to play Beckford for full 90 minutes for the next 3 games - he gets into the right place - just needs to start hitting target more often
The President
The President

Number of posts : 11907
Registration date : 2005-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz on Sat 04 Dec 2010, 4:59 pm

Thor, come back from the party. Its good news!! Very Happy

Number of posts : 26901
Registration date : 2006-01-22

http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair on Sat 04 Dec 2010, 5:00 pm

Bluejags wrote:Thor, come back from the party. Its good news!! Very Happy

Maybe he asked Santa for a goal? cheers
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 20469
Registration date : 2006-06-01

http://www.heavyrotation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land on Sat 04 Dec 2010, 5:00 pm

Perhaps Thor asked santa for a goal and Christmas miracles do actually happen. cheers santa rendeer afro
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20992
Registration date : 2006-01-07

http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? on Sat 04 Dec 2010, 5:01 pm

he's in the bog fall-out bunker as we speak trying to get a signal on his smartphone
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Number of posts : 17435
Registration date : 2006-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben on Sat 04 Dec 2010, 5:04 pm

Armchair Evertonian wrote:Great 2nd half performance, we could easily have won it. Fellaini and Rodders grew as the game went on. Beckford fluffed a couple of long rangers but his movement and running off the ball was excellent.

Baines was superb. He showed Ashley Cole what a fullback should look like. MOTM by a mile.

Agreed

Well played Blue boys, Beckford........................
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz on Sat 04 Dec 2010, 5:10 pm

Whilst we played brilliantly in second half Chelsea are not a happy camp. Drogba and Anelka were anonymous outside the penalty affair. Essien and Malouda were hardly mentioned and their fullbacks never got at us. Terry was probably their man of the match which tells alot. I reckon Davy will be disappointed that we didnt actually win it in the end but surely he can drill it into the lads how well he can actually play when we make the effort.

Actually having Arteta out and Heitinga dropped swung it in our favour today. We needed to freshen it up and Rodwell and Felly provided that impetuous; both playing for their place in the team. We looked better balance and our left sided attacking was excellent.

More of the same next week please.

Number of posts : 26901
Registration date : 2006-01-22

http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? on Sat 04 Dec 2010, 5:12 pm

Looking forward to MOTD, Pablo get cracking lad..... Dying to hear Hanson's analysis of that 'penalty'....
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben on Sat 04 Dec 2010, 5:39 pm

Bluejags wrote:Whilst we played brilliantly in second half Chelsea are not a happy camp. Drogba and Anelka were anonymous outside the penalty affair. Essien and Malouda were hardly mentioned and their fullbacks never got at us. Terry was probably their man of the match which tells alot. I reckon Davy will be disappointed that we didnt actually win it in the end but surely he can drill it into the lads how well he can actually play when we make the effort.

Actually having Arteta out and Heitinga dropped swung it in our favour today. We needed to freshen it up and Rodwell and Felly provided that impetuous; both playing for their place in the team. We looked better balance and our left sided attacking was excellent.

More of the same next week please.

sometimes Jags and Distin get overlooked, they were excellent today
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract on Sat 04 Dec 2010, 5:43 pm

Very good second half. The balance of our side overall was the best it has been in ages. Fellaini and Rodwell definitely gave us a better shape and more options. Baines and Pienaar are simply the best left sided tag team in the league at the moment. And, despite the mistake, Neville is currently vital to the side because of his experience and leadership qualities.

Rodwell and Beckford were both interesting today in that, at times, neither of them looked PL quality - but both of them seemed to be on the end of every pass. Rodwell had about a dozen attempts on goal and was constantly drifting into positions on the edge of the box which, with more composure, he could have profited from. Beckford is forever creating something, but he's got to realise he can sometimes take an extra touch, move forward another few yards, and score rather than ballooning speculatively over the bar.

We should have won that game.

Fellaini was making howlers at times, but he definitely gives us something no other player does. I think he made a huge difference today. And, yes, I did say that.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 24178
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Chelsea 1 Everton 1 (Beckford) - Page 10 Empty Never hang yourself with a B&Q rope.

Post  BB on Sat 04 Dec 2010, 5:56 pm

The 2nd half we were better but yet again Moyes started with Saha.

B&Q ropes are fucking crap. I'd tied some string to the light fitting not long after the Neville / Howard debauchery and and after turning the light off first ( I'm a conservationist ), I placed the chair directly underneath and proceeded to ascend.

Things were going well, when the fucking door bell rang. I was going to ignore it, but I thought it might have been the red nosed bastard from next door returning my £30 I lent him, so there was no way the fucker was going to get away with not paying me back.

After noticing my left eye had almost escaped the socket from the pressure of a 16 stone dangle, he asked what was up, and I explained it was match day, and Howard had once again fucked up. Well, to say he was unsympathetic would be unfair, so after giving me my £30 quid back, he suggested I used the new tow rope he'd bought recently from B&Q.

It was a fancy looking thing with metal hooks at each end and rather stretchy. We decided to hurl it around a big protruding branch from his garden, with one end around my neck and the other securely around the branch. We'd been mates a while so we decide we'd have one last tinny together, so we both sat there on the branch and watched the rest of the match through the bedroom window whilst swigging a cool can of 1664.

To my surprise, the dirty fucker had only shook the can, and in the excitement, I'd completely forgotten I was tied to the darn tow rope. Well down I went as I tried not to waste the beer. The fucking tow rope was so strechy it turned into the worlds first suicidal bungee jumping noose, and up and down I went quicker than Dixies zip after 40 pints of Guiness in the Dog And Duck pisser.

In my dying breath, I made the gobby red shite promise to pass me his lap top, just so I could write one more time how much better we are with Beckford in the team, and that if Moyes so much as even dares to play Howard next week, why I'll ................ Sleep
BB
BB

Number of posts : 2456
Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  ToffeeDan on Sat 04 Dec 2010, 6:19 pm

BB so funny - I'm going to steal that if it's ok!

Liverpoole Echo Sun 12 March 1234: Euerton celebrate another drubbing of ye Shoite - quaffing muche Ale (Ye Spellowe, Blacke Horse, Wims Lowe (upstairs)) and spliffs & oft singing new chant "1,2 - 1,2,3 - 1,2,3,4 - 5-Nil." Big Dunkane (Bird Keeper of Euerton) was, yet again, sent-off by Judge Polle for landing several blows at head of serf James of Carreggore & Red Shoite Stephen Meelaar, Squire of Hitune fame who wed Ladie of The Night Alexa de Curraine and is wont to fight pubbe minstrels, was given an earlie dunking in Ye Mere of Stanlee Parke for an elbough to face of local serf Hibbeyrt. After being given ye olde clothe of vinegar by Rath-Boyne Hibbeyrt returned to scoreth fifth & finale goale past Ye Flying Pigge Thomas of Lawrence in Parke Ende - a riot followed. Euerton: Weste, Hibbeyrt, Wilsone, La Boyne, Mountyfielde, Balle, Kendel, Harveigh, Fergusaine, Latcheford, Deen of Tran Mere
ToffeeDan
ToffeeDan

Number of posts : 20151
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://www.packers.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land on Sat 04 Dec 2010, 6:25 pm

BB wrote:The 2nd half we were better but yet again Moyes started with Saha.

B&Q ropes are fucking crap. I'd tied some string to the light fitting not long after the Neville / Howard debauchery and and after turning the light off first ( I'm a conservationist ), I placed the chair directly underneath and proceeded to ascend.

Things were going well, when the fucking door bell rang. I was going to ignore it, but I thought it might have been the red nosed bastard from next door returning my £30 I lent him, so there was no way the fucker was going to get away with not paying me back.

After noticing my left eye had almost escaped the socket from the pressure of a 16 stone dangle, he asked what was up, and I explained it was match day, and Howard had once again fucked up. Well, to say he was unsympathetic would be unfair, so after giving me my £30 quid back, he suggested I used the new tow rope he'd bought recently from B&Q.

It was a fancy looking thing with metal hooks at each end and rather stretchy. We decided to hurl it around a big protruding branch from his garden, with one end around my neck and the other securely around the branch. We'd been mates a while so we decide we'd have one last tinny together, so we both sat there on the branch and watched the rest of the match through the bedroom window whilst swigging a cool can of 1664.

To my surprise, the dirty fucker had only shook the can, and in the excitement, I'd completely forgotten I was tied to the darn tow rope. Well down I went as I tried not to waste the beer. The fucking tow rope was so strechy it turned into the worlds first suicidal bungee jumping noose, and up and down I went quicker than Dixies zip after 40 pints of Guiness in the Dog And Duck pisser.

In my dying breath, I made the gobby red shite promise to pass me his lap top, just so I could write one more time how much better we are with Beckford in the team, and that if Moyes so much as even dares to play Howard next week, why I'll ................ Sleep

Im off down there now. Will still to just 30 pints tonight though, I have to be awake on Wednesday. drunken

Much better performance in the 2nd half today.... the season starts he..... No, I wont say it. cheers
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Sat 04 Dec 2010, 6:42 pm

Just got back! cheers Great stuff! Can't sneeze at a point against Chelsea. Away even.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 70892

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Sat 04 Dec 2010, 6:43 pm

Time to pay Pienaar what he wants? From what I saw, he again was very good, even using his body to tackle a Chelsea player off the ball!
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land on Sat 04 Dec 2010, 6:48 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:Time to pay Pienaar what he wants? From what I saw, he again was very good, even using his body to tackle a Chelsea player off the ball!

He was alright today but if he wants £75k a week then Baines should be on £90k a week. cheers
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract on Sat 04 Dec 2010, 6:49 pm

Just watched the MOTD interview with Moyes on the BBC site and, unfortunately for those who want Beckford to start, he seemed to be suggesting that he saw Beckford as a good weapon to bring off the bench.

So it's back to Saha/Yak next folks.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land on Sat 04 Dec 2010, 6:55 pm

hairy cataract wrote:Just watched the MOTD interview with Moyes on the BBC site and, unfortunately for those who want Beckford to start, he seemed to be suggesting that he saw Beckford as a good weapon to bring off the bench.

The impression I get of Beckford is that he can score goals but that is it. He does not seem to have a footballing brain at all and is very, very ball greedy. I still do not think I have seen him make a pass since he has been at Everton. If he scores regularly then great but if not there is little point having him on the pitch. I think that Moyes is right and that he is more of an option from the bench than a starter. The problem we have though is that Saha has been total wank all season.

We need to buy a striker to be fair as I think that Anichebe is our best option at the moment and he is shit.
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge on Sat 04 Dec 2010, 7:27 pm

Dixie Land wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:Just watched the MOTD interview with Moyes on the BBC site and, unfortunately for those who want Beckford to start, he seemed to be suggesting that he saw Beckford as a good weapon to bring off the bench.

The impression I get of Beckford is that he can score goals but that is it. He does not seem to have a footballing brain at all and is very, very ball greedy. I still do not think I have seen him make a pass since he has been at Everton. If he scores regularly then great but if not there is little point having him on the pitch. I think that Moyes is right and that he is more of an option from the bench than a starter. The problem we have though is that Saha has been total wank all season.

We need to buy a striker to be fair as I think that Anichebe is our best option at the moment and he is shit.

We could bring back James Vaughan for absolutely nowt!!!

The man who is prepared to wear a Shoite top IF, AND ONLY IF, you are prepared to cough the £25,000. Its true it was broadcast on National Radio!!
Da Judge
Da Judge

Number of posts : 9011
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://mlb.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler on Sat 04 Dec 2010, 8:00 pm

BB wrote:10 minutes left and Moyes is doing what?

Did you want him to get on and score himself? Chelsea 1 Everton 1 (Beckford) - Page 10 Confused

Number of posts : 25878
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract on Sat 04 Dec 2010, 8:14 pm

Dixie Land wrote:

I may be wrong, but did Gary Lineker do anything other than score goals? Yet he is, for me, one of the best players we ever had.

If Beckford found his shooting boots, and realised that one goal for every 2,349 attempts is not a decent hit rate at PL level, we would have a gem. The question is whether he is capable of becoming the composed, lethal finisher that Gary Lineker was.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? on Sat 04 Dec 2010, 8:16 pm

Sack the Juggler wrote:
BB wrote:10 minutes left and Moyes is doing what?

Did you want him to get on and score himself? Chelsea 1 Everton 1 (Beckford) - Page 10 Confused

I think you two could be a new category this year for the annual awards. "Best Potential Cage Fight" Chelsea 1 Everton 1 (Beckford) - Page 10 361146
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Sat 04 Dec 2010, 8:32 pm

Dixie Land wrote:
Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:Time to pay Pienaar what he wants? From what I saw, he again was very good, even using his body to tackle a Chelsea player off the ball!

He was alright today but if he wants £75k a week then Baines should be on £90k a week. cheers
And based on this season Arteta should be £30k/wk.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Sat 04 Dec 2010, 8:42 pm

Just want to get some feedback on this (I didn't get to watch more than 6-7 minutes of the second half but based on what I understand, we were the better side in the second half):

Chelsea's run of Premier League games without a win was extended to four as they were held at home by Everton.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_prem/9242874.stm

Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum