606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everton 1 (Cahill) West Brom 4

+17
Made 4 Gwladys
Garry Adams
BB
Bluey
The Griffin
The President
Dixie Land
Doc( Ninetoes )blue
MagicMike
Sheep Flavour
anticipate_the_pass
Barry Horne's Equaliser
Mr_Ben
fatboblatch
Albert
Bryan
He's Our Tater Not Yours
21 posters

Page 16 of 17 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Go down

Everton 1 (Cahill) West Brom 4 - Page 16 Empty Re: Everton 1 (Cahill) West Brom 4

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sat 27 Nov 2010, 5:31 pm

MagicMike wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:
MagicMike wrote:Midfield is a real concern. Heitinga and Arteta are real powder puff. Both keep going missing and teams are onto our back four with ease. Really need to get Fellaini back in there. Oh and give Rodwell a start.

We really missed Phil Neville today.

Heitinga has been awful all season. I was a big fan of his last season but he doesnt look like the same player at all this season. He looks disinterested and if that is the case then he shouldnt be in the team. Arteta being banned could be a good thing at the moment (as a few other lads have pointed out). Would be interesting to see Felli and Rodwell in a 442 with Beckford playing next the Yakubu.
He's a centre half, that's probably why he's been awful. He's certainly not a tough tackling midfielder. He gets caught out all too often, and as I said lets opposition midfielders in on our centre halves.

I'd be very surprised if Moyes went all out against Chelsea. I don't think he'll trust Beckford to get the better of Terry.
Heitinga doesn't have the technical skills to intercept and pass his way out of trouble too often. He's not very fast either, hence all his bookings. We need to get Fellaini back in there.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74305
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Everton 1 (Cahill) West Brom 4 - Page 16 Empty Re: Everton 1 (Cahill) West Brom 4

Post  Dixie Land Sat 27 Nov 2010, 5:32 pm

MagicMike wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:
MagicMike wrote:Midfield is a real concern. Heitinga and Arteta are real powder puff. Both keep going missing and teams are onto our back four with ease. Really need to get Fellaini back in there. Oh and give Rodwell a start.

Heitinga has been awful all season. I was a big fan of his last season but he doesnt look like the same player at all this season. He looks disinterested and if that is the case then he shouldnt be in the team. Arteta being banned could be a good thing at the moment (as a few other lads have pointed out). Would be interesting to see Felli and Rodwell in a 442 with Beckford playing next the Yakubu.
He's a centre half, that's probably why he's been awful. He's certainly not a tough tackling midfielder. He gets caught out all too often, and as I said lets opposition midfielders in on our centre halves.

I'd be very surprised if Moyes went all out against Chelsea. I don't think he'll trust Beckford to get the better of Terry.

Terry is out for a while I think?

You are right about Heitinga being a centre half but it has been his attitude this season that has got me rather than his play. He seems to trot around at his own leisure. The problem he has now is that Distin has been excellent this season so he wont get the chance to play in his favoured position unless he begins to perform.
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20992
Registration date : 2006-01-07

http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sat 27 Nov 2010, 5:36 pm

hairy cataract wrote:Someone is going to get done over by us soon, and the Baggies are as good a candidate as any. A six goal rout, with West Brom lucky to get zero.

Boing boing on that you baggie buttock munchers.
Everton 1 (Cahill) West Brom 4 - Page 16 43193

Number of posts : 40811

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sat 27 Nov 2010, 5:38 pm

Dixie Land wrote:
MagicMike wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:

Terry is out for a while I think?

You are right about Heitinga being a centre half but it has been his attitude this season that has got me rather than his play. He seems to trot around at his own leisure. The problem he has now is that Distin has been excellent this season so he wont get the chance to play in his favoured position unless he begins to perform.
Distin must be among the first on the team sheet! If any CB were to be dropped, it'd be Jagielka.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sat 27 Nov 2010, 5:41 pm

Everton manager David Moyes: "I don't want to talk about the red card. I want to talk about the challenge on the edge of the box just before that which the referee didn't give a free-kick for. At that time we had a couple of chances, were 2-1 down, made some changes and started to create chances. If we'd got the second goal with 11 men we would have had a good chance of winning it. Our set-pieces were really poor."
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sat 27 Nov 2010, 6:22 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:Everton manager David Moyes: "I don't want to talk about the red card. I want to talk about the challenge on the edge of the box just before that which the referee didn't give a free-kick for. At that time we had a couple of chances, were 2-1 down, made some changes and started to create chances. If we'd got the second goal with 11 men we would have had a good chance of winning it. Our set-pieces were really poor."
I don't want to talk about the red card or the challenge on the edge of the box.. I want to talk about why we are consistently shite & have only returned 3 points in November form a possible 15..

Moyes response to today's performance is pathetic

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sat 27 Nov 2010, 6:46 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:Everton manager David Moyes: "I don't want to talk about the red card. I want to talk about the challenge on the edge of the box just before that which the referee didn't give a free-kick for. At that time we had a couple of chances, were 2-1 down, made some changes and started to create chances. If we'd got the second goal with 11 men we would have had a good chance of winning it. Our set-pieces were really poor."
I don't want to talk about the red card or the challenge on the edge of the box.. I want to talk about why we are consistently shite & have only returned 3 points in November form a possible 15..
Moyes response to today's performance is pathetic
lol! lol! lol!
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Sat 27 Nov 2010, 7:46 pm

Sheep Flavour wrote:Just out of intrest....anyone know where we were this time in Nov 2008?

7th??
Super
Super

Number of posts : 38074
Registration date : 2005-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc( Ninetoes )blue Sat 27 Nov 2010, 7:47 pm

fatboblatch wrote:
Doc( Ninetoes )blue wrote:
fatboblatch wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:
fatboblatch wrote:
Armchair Evertonian wrote:Beckford misses again Laughing

clearly not good enough for EVerton.....maybe FC Everton though Wink

Everton 1 (Cahill) West Brom 4 - Page 16 F_laugh Everton 1 (Cahill) West Brom 4 - Page 16 F_laugh Everton 1 (Cahill) West Brom 4 - Page 16 F_laugh

At least hes in the right spot!

Pity he hasnt got the skill to score.

Maybe he's just lacking confidence? when 1 comes the doors will open IMHO

Nah the cunt's a walking fucking ego

The goals are the same size are they not! he's still getting the chance, when was the last time Rooney scored in open play?

Are you comparing Rooney to Beckford? All I am saying he needs ten fuckin chances to score one...not good enough for us.

well yes i guess in a way i am. would you not be saying the same if Rooney was playing for us and not scoring? or because its Rooney its ok?????
Doc( Ninetoes )blue
Doc( Ninetoes )blue

Number of posts : 2806
Registration date : 2005-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land Sat 27 Nov 2010, 8:11 pm

fatboblatch wrote:
fatboblatch wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:
fatboblatch wrote:

Everton 1 (Cahill) West Brom 4 - Page 16 F_laugh Everton 1 (Cahill) West Brom 4 - Page 16 F_laugh Everton 1 (Cahill) West Brom 4 - Page 16 F_laugh

The goals are the same size are they not! he's still getting the chance, when was the last time Rooney scored in open play?

Are you comparing Rooney to Beckford? All I am saying he needs ten fuckin chances to score one...not good enough for us.

well yes i guess in a way i am. would you not be saying the same if Rooney was playing for us and not scoring? or because its Rooney its ok?????

Rooney offers a side much more than scoring goals and Beckford doesnt. He seems ball greedy and light weight. Beckford was, obviously, a good goal scorer at Leeds but that is it. If he doesnt score then you dont get anything else from him. This is why I still think the Yak is a better option as he does hold the ball up well and allows the midfield to get involved.
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20992
Registration date : 2006-01-07

http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc( Ninetoes )blue Sat 27 Nov 2010, 8:22 pm

Dixie Land wrote:
fatboblatch wrote:
fatboblatch wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:
fatboblatch wrote:

Rooney offers a side much more than scoring goals and Beckford doesnt. He seems ball greedy and light weight. Beckford was, obviously, a good goal scorer at Leeds but that is it. If he doesnt score then you dont get anything else from him. This is why I still think the Yak is a better option as he does hold the ball up well and allows the midfield to get involved.

Its ok the Yak holding the ball up and getting the midfield involved,but at the end of the day hes a striker,He should be shooting at the goal (This imo is what we need) Its ok to play nice football BUT if you don't score goals you wont win games,How many shots at goal did he have?
Doc( Ninetoes )blue
Doc( Ninetoes )blue

Number of posts : 2806

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Sat 27 Nov 2010, 11:21 pm

What a freekick from Brunt, unstoppable! Glad I saw that one & the 3rd WBA goal which was also a peach of a strike.
Super
Super

Number of posts : 38074
Registration date : 2005-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  The President Sat 27 Nov 2010, 11:26 pm

Mad Evil or Very Mad
The President
The President

Number of posts : 11907

Back to top Go down

Post  Bluey Sat 27 Nov 2010, 11:26 pm

At least Beckford gets into position to score, actually looks like scoring. His movement is good and his time will come. I am pretty certain of it. he needs some confidence and pitch time. It's frustrating when strikers don't score but please applaud his movement.
Bluey
Bluey

Number of posts : 23509
Registration date : 2005-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Sun 28 Nov 2010, 12:11 am

Unfortunately, Beckford's misses look even worse watching them on MOTD on a proper telly rather than on a dodgy Turkish internet feed on my computer.

I dunno, on the one hand I think he should start as he's really the only striker who looks at all dangerous. But on the other hand, fucking hell he's shit. Terrible, terrible finishing.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25826

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Bluey Sun 28 Nov 2010, 12:52 am

hairy cataract wrote:Unfortunately, Beckford's misses look even worse watching them on MOTD on a proper telly rather than on a dodgy Turkish internet feed on my computer.

I dunno, on the one hand I think he should start as he's really the only striker who looks at all dangerous. But on the other hand, fucking hell he's shit. Terrible, terrible finishing.

Shit him. doesn't even get 90 mins? At least he looks like scoring mate. I think you were wrong on Fellaini and even more so on Beckford.All I am saying is give the fella some time..
Bluey
Bluey

Back to top Go down

Post  The Griffin Sun 28 Nov 2010, 12:53 am

Super wrote:What a freekick from Brunt, unstoppable! Glad I saw that one & the 3rd WBA goal which was also a peach of a strike.

scratch Everton 1 (Cahill) West Brom 4 - Page 16 Confused Everton 1 (Cahill) West Brom 4 - Page 16 Action-2
The Griffin
The Griffin

Number of posts : 4994
Registration date : 2008-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  The Griffin Sun 28 Nov 2010, 12:54 am

Beckford does not seem to be up to the job.

That is all.
The Griffin
The Griffin

Number of posts : 4994
Registration date : 2008-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Bluey Sun 28 Nov 2010, 1:03 am

The Griffin wrote:Beckford does not seem to be up to the job.

That is all.

Boooo. Ye of little faith. Wink
Bluey
Bluey

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sun 28 Nov 2010, 1:40 am

Super wrote:What a freekick from Brunt, unstoppable! Glad I saw that one & the 3rd WBA goal which was also a peach of a strike.
It was a beautiful freekick indeed. Kind of like Baines freekick against Spurs.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  BB Sun 28 Nov 2010, 4:22 am

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:

When I played as a kid, we used to have a goalkeeper who would stand near one post in particular in order to be able to dive across and pull out an incredible save each time. Standing central didn't offer logic to him. The problem was he often missed the ball, and the other team would score.

Howard stood at the opposite end of the goal to where the ball went in. The guy is a fricking liabiliy, and the sooner he gets to watch from the stands and reflect the better.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodisplay/everton-west-brom-7681463/
BB
BB

Number of posts : 2456
Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  BB Sun 28 Nov 2010, 4:31 am

Everton 1 (Cahill) West Brom 4 - Page 16 Goal
BB
BB

Number of posts : 2456
Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Sun 28 Nov 2010, 9:14 am

Blueyaletdinov wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:Unfortunately, Beckford's misses look even worse watching them on MOTD on a proper telly rather than on a dodgy Turkish internet feed on my computer.

Shit him. doesn't even get 90 mins? At least he looks like scoring mate. I think you were wrong on Fellaini and even more so on Beckford.All I am saying is give the fella some time..

Doesn't matter how many chances a man with a gun gets to shoot you in the head if the gun is firing blanks.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25826

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Garry Adams Sun 28 Nov 2010, 10:23 am

BB wrote:
Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:

When I played as a kid, we used to have a goalkeeper who would stand near one post in particular in order to be able to dive across and pull out an incredible save each time. Standing central didn't offer logic to him. The problem was he often missed the ball, and the other team would score.

Howard stood at the opposite end of the goal to where the ball went in. The guy is a fricking liabiliy, and the sooner he gets to watch from the stands and reflect the better.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodisplay/everton-west-brom-7681463/

Hang on, are you saying Howard is a liability for setting the wall up where any 'keeper in the world would and stand where any 'keeper in the worl would?
Garry Adams
Garry Adams

Number of posts : 6065
Registration date : 2005-10-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sun 28 Nov 2010, 11:13 am

Unfortunately my feed was good so I didn't have to wait until MOTD to know how shit he is... in fact if I'm honest; I knew he was shit in August.. he's the worst striker I've seen since since Mo Johnson

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 17 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next