606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunderland 2 Everton 2 (Cahill, Arteta)

Page 13 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down

Sunderland 2 Everton 2 (Cahill, Arteta) - Page 13 Empty Re: Sunderland 2 Everton 2 (Cahill, Arteta)

Post  Super on Mon 22 Nov 2010, 10:33 pm

Dixie Land wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:
Super wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:Moyes saying they scored an offside goal scratch

Richardson set up the goal and he was a good 3 yards offside when he got the ball.

Sorry mate, think he was onside, but will happily apologise if see the goal again. There was defo one player offside, but he was on the other side and never in play.

It showed the goal 3 times on the link I watched and both commentators agreed that it shouldnt have stood. 3 yards was perhaps a bit OTT but he did look offside. Where's El Pablo with the highlights? Very Happy
I just rewound the sky+ & played it frame by frame... he was deffo about one yard offside & the twat of a linesman was only about 3 yards away from him looking straight across the field

OFFSIDE !!! Evil or Very Mad

It was definitely offside and should not have counted. We should have won 2-1. Mad

Would have finished as a draw if the goal had been disallowed. We would have kept passing instead of shooting and Moyes wouldn't have brought on the Yak or Beckford.
Super
Super

Number of posts : 37141
Registration date : 2005-12-06

Back to top Go down

Sunderland 2 Everton 2 (Cahill, Arteta) - Page 13 Empty Re: Sunderland 2 Everton 2 (Cahill, Arteta)

Post  Bluey on Mon 22 Nov 2010, 10:48 pm

Super wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:
Super wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:Moyes saying they scored an offside goal scratch

Richardson set up the goal and he was a good 3 yards offside when he got the ball.

Sorry mate, think he was onside, but will happily apologise if see the goal again. There was defo one player offside, but he was on the other side and never in play.

It showed the goal 3 times on the link I watched and both commentators agreed that it shouldnt have stood. 3 yards was perhaps a bit OTT but he did look offside. Where's El Pablo with the highlights? Very Happy
I just rewound the sky+ & played it frame by frame... he was deffo about one yard offside & the twat of a linesman was only about 3 yards away from him looking straight across the field

OFFSIDE !!! Evil or Very Mad

It was definitely offside and should not have counted. We should have won 2-1. Mad

Would have finished as a draw if the goal had been disallowed. We would have kept passing instead of shooting and Moyes wouldn't have brought on the Yak or Beckford.

Ain't that the truth.
Bluey
Bluey

Number of posts : 23509
Registration date : 2005-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Mon 22 Nov 2010, 11:09 pm

We'd have pissed that if Bily was ruling the midfield Wink

seriously though, he has to have a chance of pushing tater out doesn't he... I know he scored but fuck... he was shite tonight
Made 4 Gwladys
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 35043
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land on Mon 22 Nov 2010, 11:10 pm

What pissed me off most is...

Spoiler:
I missed Im a Celebrity to watch the game. Very Happy
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20992
Registration date : 2006-01-07

http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser on Mon 22 Nov 2010, 11:12 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:We'd have pissed that if Bily was ruling the midfield Wink

seriously though, he has to have a chance of pushing tater out doesn't he... I know he scored but fuck... he was shite tonight

I thought that, but the Opta stats that dictate Fantasy Football bonus points placed him as the second best player. scratch

He gave the ball away for the pressure which lead to the second goal too. Tenuous to blame him for the second goal, but even so - he was so flat footed for receiving that pass it was unreal.
Barry Horne's Equaliser
Barry Horne's Equaliser

Number of posts : 13162
Registration date : 2005-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Super on Mon 22 Nov 2010, 11:13 pm

Dixie Land wrote:What pissed me off most is...

Spoiler:

You missed a good episode, Gillian was at her best.
Super
Super

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land on Mon 22 Nov 2010, 11:14 pm

Super wrote:

Spoiler:

Ive put it on SKY+. I really should get a life. Sunderland 2 Everton 2 (Cahill, Arteta) - Page 13 F_laugh
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Mon 22 Nov 2010, 11:14 pm

Super wrote:

Spoiler:

fainted over a poo in a box ?? Very Happy
Made 4 Gwladys
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 35043

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land on Mon 22 Nov 2010, 11:15 pm

However, Pienaar and Baines were less impressive as Sunderland drew level. For all his invention, Pienaar was found lacking in the physical side of the game and he got turned far too easily by Bolo Zenden - himself hardly a behemoth of a man.

Got to love the use of the word "behemoth" by the BBC as well.
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Back to top Go down

Post  Super on Mon 22 Nov 2010, 11:17 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Super wrote:

Spoiler:

fainted over a poo in a box ?? Very Happy

Nope, cheated in the jail task so got disqualified and is in jail. She did get picked for the next bushtucker trial, which is a water one and that is another of her fears, so no stars for camp again. But it is a joint task with Dom so they might eat something, but not a lot.
Super
Super

Back to top Go down

Post  BB on Mon 22 Nov 2010, 11:20 pm

Dixie Land wrote:
However, Pienaar and Baines were less impressive as Sunderland drew level. For all his invention, Pienaar was found lacking in the physical side of the game and he got turned far too easily by Bolo Zenden - himself hardly a behemoth of a man.

Got to love the use of the word "behemoth" by the BBC as well.

Zenden is a black belt, and would knock said reporters teeth down back of throat be him behemoth or behe belly. Very Happy
BB
BB

Number of posts : 2456
Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Bluey on Mon 22 Nov 2010, 11:23 pm

Fuck sake it is a footy thread.... Evil or Very Mad

Albeit more likely to score more in the jungle.. Very Happy
Bluey
Bluey

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz on Mon 22 Nov 2010, 11:37 pm

I sure we will get some bullshit before the weekend that Arteta has been carrying an injury these last few weeks. Then dont play him! Did Saha catch Moyes with his missus because thats the only reason he got ahead of Yak in pecking order again..??

Number of posts : 26901
Registration date : 2006-01-22

http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? on Tue 23 Nov 2010, 12:16 am

Dixie Land wrote:
Garry Adams wrote:
BB wrote:
Garry Adams wrote:
BB wrote:Had Beckford scored he would have been a hero, but he misses and it's 'fuck off back to Leeds'. Get a grip guys.

But he didn't though did he?

Neither did Bent in 90 minutes + 4.

The problem we have is plain ans simple. We are not playing well, and Moyes doesn't have a fucking clue how to change a game. Every week he does the same. Anyone of us could manage the opposing team, write our instructions on a beer mat, and fuck off to the pub for 2 hours knowing full well what Moyes will do. Mad

I'd put a lot of money on Bent finishing the Beckford chance if it fell to him

I'd put money on Douglas Bader putting that fucker away.

The love child of Douglas Bader and Helen Keller, even....
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Number of posts : 17435
Registration date : 2006-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Bluey on Tue 23 Nov 2010, 12:34 am

mindyerho? wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:
Garry Adams wrote:
BB wrote:
Garry Adams wrote:
BB wrote:Had Beckford scored he would have been a hero, but he misses and it's 'fuck off back to Leeds'. Get a grip guys.

But he didn't though did he?

Neither did Bent in 90 minutes + 4.

The problem we have is plain ans simple. We are not playing well, and Moyes doesn't have a fucking clue how to change a game. Every week he does the same. Anyone of us could manage the opposing team, write our instructions on a beer mat, and fuck off to the pub for 2 hours knowing full well what Moyes will do. Mad

I'd put a lot of money on Bent finishing the Beckford chance if it fell to him

I'd put money on Douglas Bader putting that fucker away.

The love child of Douglas Bader and Helen Keller, even....
Just perhaps sir a few more minutes on the pitch..
Bluey
Bluey

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Tue 23 Nov 2010, 12:37 am

Didn't get to watch the game and I am way too lazy to read some 21 pages to get a summary of the game. So, how was it? I read above that Arteta was shite again...
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 70388

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Bluey on Tue 23 Nov 2010, 1:17 am

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:Didn't get to watch the game and I am way too lazy to read some 21 pages to get a summary of the game. So, how was it? I read above that Arteta was shite again...

We go 1-0 up on great play . Indications are a good day.

Cahill scores and has some cleared of the line. Pienaar gave a cheap one and they then again scored from offside. We try and pass the pall into the net again. We should score 3-8 on real chances but you know the drill.

Moyes decides after its all too late to change it ( becoming his gaping nemesis) but hey, I mean, what striker needs longer than 8 mins to get a feel of a game? Beckford misses a sitter... to win the game.

2-2 sincere regrets.

Moyesy owns this one for me mate.
Bluey
Bluey

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Tue 23 Nov 2010, 1:34 am

Blueyaletdinov wrote:
Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:Didn't get to watch the game and I am way too lazy to read some 21 pages to get a summary of the game. So, how was it? I read above that Arteta was shite again...

Cahill scores and has some cleared of the line. Pienaar gave a cheap one and they then again scored from offside. We try and pass the pall into the net again. We should score 3-8 on real chances but you know the drill.

Moyes decides after its all too late to change it ( becoming his gaping nemesis) but hey, I mean, what striker needs longer than 8 mins to get a feel of a game? Beckford misses a sitter... to win the game.

2-2 sincere regrets.

Cheers mate. So, by the sound of it, we should have won this one as well... There are simply way too many games this season we "should" have won, but don't. Not a good sign.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 70388

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair on Tue 23 Nov 2010, 8:12 am

I thought Pienaar was a class apart last night. One of his reverse passes to Baines over the heads of the Sunderland defence was sublime. We need to get him signed up asap.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 20419
Registration date : 2006-06-01

http://www.heavyrotation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler on Tue 23 Nov 2010, 8:32 am

We played some lovely fotball last night, cut them apart but couldn't stick the ball away. Is it moyes fault that the strikers are in a lean patch? Saha and yakubu are both world class and beckford is trying too hard.

A disappointing start, but I don't get this, moyes should have done thisorthat The players on the pitch are good enough, switching them around now and then just to try something could actually lose us the game, and its us sitting here saying, I don'tknowwhyhe doesn't put Howard up front, or some other pet idea, but we would definitely make worse decisions than him, he picks who he feels is the best player for each position, if you were there you would probably pick the same players, if you didn't we'd probably be relegated.

And iPad is shit to type with

Number of posts : 25878
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben on Tue 23 Nov 2010, 8:44 am

Sack the Juggler wrote:We played some lovely fotball last night, cut them apart but couldn't stick the ball away. Is it moyes fault that the strikers are in a lean patch? Saha and yakubu are both world class and beckford is trying too hard.

A disappointing start, but I don't get this, moyes should have done thisorthat The players on the pitch are good enough, switching them around now and then just to try something could actually lose us the game, and its us sitting here saying, I don'tknowwhyhe doesn't put Howard up front, or some other pet idea, but we would definitely make worse decisions than him, he picks who he feels is the best player for each position, if you were there you would probably pick the same players, if you didn't we'd probably be relegated.

tend to type as little as possible with the i-pad as it is a fucking disaster. Bit like Everton at the moment.
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Super on Tue 23 Nov 2010, 9:19 am

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
Blueyaletdinov wrote:

2-2 sincere regrets.

Cheers mate. So, by the sound of it, we should have won this one as well... There are simply way too many games this season we "should" have won, but don't. Not a good sign.

Yeah we would be top of the league if it was based on games should have won.
Super
Super

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler on Tue 23 Nov 2010, 9:37 am

Super wrote:
Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
Blueyaletdinov wrote:

2-2 sincere regrets.

Yeah we would be top of the league if it was based on games should have won.

I'm sure arsenal / liverpool / spuds / united / chelsea / bolton and even west ham are saying the same

Number of posts : 25878

http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract on Tue 23 Nov 2010, 9:44 am

Sack the Juggler wrote:We played some lovely fotball last night, cut them apart but couldn't stick the ball away. Is it moyes fault that the strikers are in a lean patch? Saha and yakubu are both world class and beckford is trying too hard.

I broadly agree, even though you might also have mentioned that we played some fucking horrible hoofball too, and some of our players looked less comfortable on the ball than others. As was said elsewhere, Moyes has to decide which striker he thinks will hit form soonest and give them a fair run. Possibly based on what he sees on the training ground, he's picked Saha. There's no point in changing that for the moment because, again pointed out elsewhere, a striker needs to play himself in over a number of games.

Arteta is much the same. It will take a very long run of poor form before he gets dropped as he is our most able player.

A big worry is Cahill going for six weeks. Another big worry is that ALL of our potent attacking play comes from the Baines/Pienaar link-up. How Baines missed out on the England squad last week is completely beyond me - in what way is an Arsenal squad player a better bet than one of the most in-form defenders in the league? Anyway, what the fuck are we going to do when Pienaar goes?

Wish list for January:
A proper right-sided midfielder to replace Coleman, who is trying really hard but just looks a bit ragged to me at times.
Rodwell to suddenly morph into the brilliant central defender that everyone keeps saying he is going to be - Jags and Distin are solid enough but aren't exactly composed on the ball.
Heitinga to stop being shit.
Arteta to hit form.
Fellaini to grow a brain.
Howard to stop getting beaten on the near post.
One of our strikers to score.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 24168

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Valentino Blue on Tue 23 Nov 2010, 10:03 am

Armchair Evertonian wrote:I thought Pienaar was a class apart last night. One of his reverse passes to Baines over the heads of the Sunderland defence was sublime. We need to get him signed up asap.

overlooking the obvious that Arteta just doesn't look like he wants to play right now and our strikers inabiity to put the ball in the net.

for me, and this will be contraversial,Pienaar was one of the main problems last night. too many times we get into good positions then try to take an extra touch or place an extra pass and more often than not Pienaar is the culprit. don't get me wrong some of his play is brilliant and his link up with baines is still our main attacking option but for me now he looks for that pass too often rather than try and play a cross, take a shot or thread through ball to the strikers / Cahill himself.

the other problem last night was our right hand side, Coleman was taken out of the game by stopping him from getting the space to run at speed. he has very little else to his game so needed and out ball. the centre midfield didn't want the ball and neville seems scared to commit himself any further up the pitch than the half way line.

largely I think theres a major confidence crisis at the moment, the strikers seem to be scared to take a shot and when they do it's often straight at the keeper. our midfield seem afraid to commit to making incisive passes and heitinga seems afraid to get stuck into challenges.

we look to be screwed when Cahill is off for 6weeks, I know BB keeps banging on about someone stepping up whilst he's away but usually when we have a crisis due to players being out the one who steps up is Cahill. No one else looks like scoring and we could/will seriously struggle without him.
Valentino Blue
Valentino Blue

Number of posts : 7380

http://www.nicecupofteaandasitdown.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum