606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunderland 2 Everton 2 (Cahill, Arteta)

Page 12 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down

Sunderland 2 Everton 2 (Cahill, Arteta) - Page 12 Empty Re: Sunderland 2 Everton 2 (Cahill, Arteta)

Post  Sheep Flavour on Mon 22 Nov 2010, 10:12 pm

Super wrote:
Sheep Flavour wrote:
Garry Adams wrote:
BB wrote:
Garry Adams wrote:
BB wrote:Had Beckford scored he would have been a hero, but he misses and it's 'fuck off back to Leeds'. Get a grip guys.

But he didn't though did he?

Neither did Bent in 90 minutes + 4.

The problem we have is plain ans simple. We are not playing well, and Moyes doesn't have a fucking clue how to change a game. Every week he does the same. Anyone of us could manage the opposing team, write our instructions on a beer mat, and fuck off to the pub for 2 hours knowing full well what Moyes will do. Mad

I'd put a lot of money on Bent finishing the Beckford chance if it fell to him

He should of scored.

BUT he has played 10 mins a week of first team football since I can remember he needs to start.

Very good point about 10 mins a week action. What is the point of bringing a striker on for so little time, was it Beckford's first chance at goal? Didn't watch the end of the game because we were shit. But if he was in that position again, bet he would have buried it.

Spot on mate.

I play ever Sunday and I know if I miss a week for a little while I play catch up....we are talking about a League 1 striker who has had what 1 start and countless numbers of 10 mins every week?

He needs to start and if he doesnt score for a few games he needs people not to jump on his back.

Berbs show how well a striker can just find his feet this season.
Sheep Flavour
Sheep Flavour

Number of posts : 4020
Registration date : 2005-10-14

Back to top Go down

Sunderland 2 Everton 2 (Cahill, Arteta) - Page 12 Empty Re: Sunderland 2 Everton 2 (Cahill, Arteta)

Post  BB on Mon 22 Nov 2010, 10:13 pm

hairy cataract wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:
BB wrote:
Sheep Flavour wrote:
Super wrote:
BB wrote:Had Beckford scored he would have been a hero, but he misses and it's 'fuck off back to Leeds'. Get a grip guys.

Sunderland 2 Everton 2 (Cahill, Arteta) - Page 12 Action-s Sunderland 2 Everton 2 (Cahill, Arteta) - Page 12 Action-s Sunderland 2 Everton 2 (Cahill, Arteta) - Page 12 Action-s

I'm pissed off with this result and think I would have preferred us to lose than get a point, but what did Saha do in the 82 mins that he was on the pitch? Ok Beckford missed but at least he had a shot at goal, Saha has lost it, get rid of him.

I would start Yak, Becks and Saha in that order

Yak has been given a chance, and scored off a Cahill rebound. He's rubbish. Moyes is the biggest problem here, as only Moyes can look at our performances and do something about it. Unfortunately he has as much chance of taking the team forward as a monkey has of driving a Bentley around the streets of London at rush hour.

Slight knee jerk reaction. Sunderland 2 Everton 2 (Cahill, Arteta) - Page 12 F_whistl Sunderland 2 Everton 2 (Cahill, Arteta) - Page 12 F_whistl Sunderland 2 Everton 2 (Cahill, Arteta) - Page 12 F_whistl Wink

lol! took the words....

I'm trying to kneejerk from a different angle. It was working for a second you bastards. Laughing
BB
BB

Number of posts : 2456
Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land on Mon 22 Nov 2010, 10:13 pm

BB wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:
BB wrote:
Sheep Flavour wrote:
Super wrote:

Sunderland 2 Everton 2 (Cahill, Arteta) - Page 12 Action-s Sunderland 2 Everton 2 (Cahill, Arteta) - Page 12 Action-s Sunderland 2 Everton 2 (Cahill, Arteta) - Page 12 Action-s

I'm pissed off with this result and think I would have preferred us to lose than get a point, but what did Saha do in the 82 mins that he was on the pitch? Ok Beckford missed but at least he had a shot at goal, Saha has lost it, get rid of him.

I would start Yak, Becks and Saha in that order

Yak has been given a chance, and scored off a Cahill rebound. He's rubbish. Moyes is the biggest problem here, as only Moyes can look at our performances and do something about it. Unfortunately he has as much chance of taking the team forward as a monkey has of driving a Bentley around the streets of London at rush hour.

Slight knee jerk reaction. Sunderland 2 Everton 2 (Cahill, Arteta) - Page 12 F_whistl Sunderland 2 Everton 2 (Cahill, Arteta) - Page 12 F_whistl Sunderland 2 Everton 2 (Cahill, Arteta) - Page 12 F_whistl Wink

lol! took the words....

I'm trying to kneejerk from a different angle. It was working for a second you bastards. Laughing

lol! lol! lol!

Sorry BB. Sunderland 2 Everton 2 (Cahill, Arteta) - Page 12 Food-smi
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20992
Registration date : 2006-01-07

http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

Post  Super on Mon 22 Nov 2010, 10:13 pm

Dixie Land wrote:
Super wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:The BBC's take on it:

2152: That's the chance of the game. A long pass from the back from Phil Jagielka suddenly sees Jermaine Beckford in-between the two centre-backs and through on goal, but with the winner at his mercy, the former Leeds striker slams a left-foot shot over from 12 yards. Easier to score.

Says it all really.

From someone at the bbc who just types away for 90 mins, bet he would have missed as well.

He didn't make any spelling mistakes though. Very Happy

See... he can do his job, Beckford can't do his. Simple. cheers

Sunderland 2 Everton 2 (Cahill, Arteta) - Page 12 830563
Super
Super

Number of posts : 37172
Registration date : 2005-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheep Flavour on Mon 22 Nov 2010, 10:14 pm

SKY saying 2-2 was fair!!!!!

Considering the Cahill possible hat trick and the fact we bossed it Sunderland should be happy with a draw.

Last edited by Sheep Flavour on Mon 22 Nov 2010, 10:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sheep Flavour
Sheep Flavour

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Mon 22 Nov 2010, 10:15 pm

Super wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:
Super wrote:

2152: That's the chance of the game. A long pass from the back from Phil Jagielka suddenly sees Jermaine Beckford in-between the two centre-backs and through on goal, but with the winner at his mercy, the former Leeds striker slams a left-foot shot over from 12 yards. Easier to score.

Says it all really.

From someone at the bbc who just types away for 90 mins, bet he would have missed as well.

Plenty of incorrect hyphen usage though Sunderland 2 Everton 2 (Cahill, Arteta) - Page 12 F_whistl
Made 4 Gwladys
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 35361
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land on Mon 22 Nov 2010, 10:15 pm

Super wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:
Super wrote:

Says it all really.

Sunderland 2 Everton 2 (Cahill, Arteta) - Page 12 Food-smi
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Back to top Go down

Post  Super on Mon 22 Nov 2010, 10:15 pm

Sheep Flavour wrote:
Super wrote:
Sheep Flavour wrote:
Garry Adams wrote:
BB wrote:
Garry Adams wrote:

But he didn't though did he?

Neither did Bent in 90 minutes + 4.

The problem we have is plain ans simple. We are not playing well, and Moyes doesn't have a fucking clue how to change a game. Every week he does the same. Anyone of us could manage the opposing team, write our instructions on a beer mat, and fuck off to the pub for 2 hours knowing full well what Moyes will do. Mad

I'd put a lot of money on Bent finishing the Beckford chance if it fell to him

He should of scored.

BUT he has played 10 mins a week of first team football since I can remember he needs to start.

Very good point about 10 mins a week action. What is the point of bringing a striker on for so little time, was it Beckford's first chance at goal? Didn't watch the end of the game because we were shit. But if he was in that position again, bet he would have buried it.

Spot on mate.

I play ever Sunday and I know if I miss a week for a little while I play catch up....we are talking about a League 1 striker who has had what 1 start and countless numbers of 10 mins every week?

He needs to start and if he doesnt score for a few games he needs people not to jump on his back.

Berbs show how well a striker can just find his feet this season.

Exactly, it was only a couple of weeks ago he was a hero for getting us a draw against Bolton.
Super
Super

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Mon 22 Nov 2010, 10:17 pm

Moyes saying they scored an offside goal scratch
Made 4 Gwladys
Made 4 Gwladys

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land on Mon 22 Nov 2010, 10:18 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:Moyes saying they scored an offside goal scratch

Richardson set up the goal and he was a good 3 yards offside when he got the ball.
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Back to top Go down

Post  BB on Mon 22 Nov 2010, 10:19 pm

We didn't boss the game tonight like some think. We scored, then we sat back like usual until Sunderland equalised, then we came out again. The players have been told not to shoot until they see the whites of the opponents eyes, but Moyes forgets this is the North East and every fuckers eyes are red from the piss up the night before.
Load of frustrating rubbish, helped only by the fact that I didn't have a gun in which to shoot certain players and certain red haired muppets up the asshole. Very Happy
BB
BB

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheep Flavour on Mon 22 Nov 2010, 10:20 pm

Areta has 9 points in Fantasy Football (2 bonus) and Cahill has 7.

Dont get me wrong awesome Mikel scored.....but he did nothing else compared to Cahill.
Sheep Flavour
Sheep Flavour

Back to top Go down

Post  Super on Mon 22 Nov 2010, 10:21 pm

Dixie Land wrote:

Richardson set up the goal and he was a good 3 yards offside when he got the ball.

Sorry mate, think he was onside, but will happily apologise if see the goal again. There was defo one player offside, but he was on the other side and never in play.
Super
Super

Back to top Go down

Post  BB on Mon 22 Nov 2010, 10:21 pm

Sheep Flavour wrote:Areta has 9 points in Fantasy Football (2 bonus) and Cahill has 7.

Dont get me wrong awesome Mikel scored.....but he did nothing else compared to Cahill.

Baines hasn't been given a bonus all season. It's total tosh.
BB
BB

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land on Mon 22 Nov 2010, 10:22 pm

BB wrote:We didn't boss the game tonight like some think. We scored, then we sat back like usual until Sunderland equalised, then we came out again. The players have been told not to shoot until they see the whites of the opponents eyes, but Moyes forgets this is the North East and every fuckers eyes are red from the piss up the night before.
Load of frustrating rubbish, helped only by the fact that I didn't have a gun in which to shoot certain players and certain red haired muppets up the asshole. Very Happy

It does seem strange that we arent shooting at all from distance (or at all to be honest). We just seem to want to get the ball down the channels and get crosses into the box. We have players like Pienaar and Arteta who are more than capable of scoring from 20 yards but the seem scared to let fly. It is a worry.
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Mon 22 Nov 2010, 10:22 pm

Dixie Land wrote:

didn't spot that.. too busy shouting, swearing, typing, kicking the dog, etc I suppose
Made 4 Gwladys
Made 4 Gwladys

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheep Flavour on Mon 22 Nov 2010, 10:22 pm

BB wrote:
Sheep Flavour wrote:Areta has 9 points in Fantasy Football (2 bonus) and Cahill has 7.

Baines hasn't been given a bonus all season. It's total tosh.

Its not run by SKY is it? Very Happy
Sheep Flavour
Sheep Flavour

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land on Mon 22 Nov 2010, 10:23 pm

Super wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:

Sorry mate, think he was onside, but will happily apologise if see the goal again. There was defo one player offside, but he was on the other side and never in play.

It showed the goal 3 times on the link I watched and both commentators agreed that it shouldnt have stood. 3 yards was perhaps a bit OTT but he did look offside. Where's El Pablo with the highlights? Very Happy
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract on Mon 22 Nov 2010, 10:25 pm

Super wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:

Nah, I saw the replay - he was miles offside but not even our players noticed at the time cos of the distance and the angle at which the ball went before it reached him I think.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 24178

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser on Mon 22 Nov 2010, 10:28 pm

Dixie Land wrote:
Super wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:

It showed the goal 3 times on the link I watched and both commentators agreed that it shouldnt have stood. 3 yards was perhaps a bit OTT but he did look offside. Where's El Pablo with the highlights? Very Happy

Super - when you see it you'll see that the Sunderland player was 100% offside. Without question. It's one of those odd ones because the player is so close to the linesman that he can't see accurately past the player.

That's twice in a couple of weeks now that we've been let down by referee decisions. I guess after the Stoke 'non' goal there's some balance there.

Number of posts : 13162
Registration date : 2005-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land on Mon 22 Nov 2010, 10:30 pm

A few reviews of tonight's game:

77 min Just watching a replay of the second Sunderland goal. Richardson was definitely offside, and while none of the Everton players appealed, a few of them did turn to look at referee Peter Walton as the cross came in. Maybe they took their eyes of the ball a little.

The hosts thought they had won it late in the second half when Welbeck rose well to head in a Richardson cross although the latter looked offside

Seconds later and the home side were ahead - Welbeck glancing in his second from Richardson centre although replays suggested there was a suspicion of offside in the build-up.
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Mon 22 Nov 2010, 10:30 pm

Dixie Land wrote:
Super wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:

I just rewound the sky+ & played it frame by frame... he was deffo about one yard offside & the twat of a linesman was only about 3 yards away from him looking straight across the field

OFFSIDE !!! Evil or Very Mad
Made 4 Gwladys
Made 4 Gwladys

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land on Mon 22 Nov 2010, 10:31 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:
Super wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:

I just rewound the sky+ & played it frame by frame... he was deffo about one yard offside & the twat of a linesman was only about 3 yards away from him looking straight across the field

OFFSIDE !!! Evil or Very Mad

It was definitely offside and should not have counted. We should have won 2-1. Mad
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Back to top Go down

Post  Super on Mon 22 Nov 2010, 10:32 pm

Barry Horne's Equaliser wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:
Super wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:

Super - when you see it you'll see that the Sunderland player was 100% offside. Without question. It's one of those odd ones because the player is so close to the linesman that he can't see accurately past the player.

That's twice in a couple of weeks now that we've been let down by referee decisions. I guess after the Stoke 'non' goal there's some balance there.

Apologies all round, only saw one replay and he looked onside to me. Turned off after the first replay as link went down and glad it did.
Super
Super

Back to top Go down

Post  Bluey on Mon 22 Nov 2010, 10:32 pm

hairy cataract wrote:
Super wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:

Nah, I saw the replay - he was miles offside but not even our players noticed at the time cos of the distance and the angle at which the ball went before it reached him I think.

It was Miles offside, but your eye is drawn to the Everton Line and the obvious player offside, not the one taking the cross. To be fair to the officials not an easy one to call, another of those for technology..

I think Moyes got it wrong tonight in his subs. Heitinga was garbage bar 10 mins in the second half. louis Saha looked like he was still in France and Arteta in Spain.

When the crowd called for feed the Yak I was there at half time, Louis never was going to score. He won't ring the changes early enough and it cost us. I felt we were more than usually unlucky tonight.

Strikers apply within. That chance at the end for Beckford.. kinell
Bluey
Bluey

Number of posts : 23509
Registration date : 2005-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum