606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everton 1 (Yakubu) Stoke 0

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

Everton 1 (Yakubu) Stoke 0 - Page 8 Empty Re: Everton 1 (Yakubu) Stoke 0

Post  SouthernSmugToffee on Sun 31 Oct 2010, 11:55 am

Super wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:We were a bit average today

agreed, thank fuck we got 3 points though.

Very lucky with the Stoke goal being disallowed, couldn't really see the problem myself when watching MOTD last night.

On first look it looked like Baines was bundled over, which is the only look the ref gets. On replays it did look a bit harsh.
SouthernSmugToffee
SouthernSmugToffee

Number of posts : 3936
Registration date : 2008-01-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Sun 31 Oct 2010, 2:25 pm

Bluejags wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:Surprise surprise... last on MOTD Rolling Eyes

And it was all Stoke too! Looked like we scored against the run of play. Personally I couldn't give a fuck. We have been on the wrong side of 1-0 enough this season.
No According to the BBC we had 66% possession and shots on target was 10-1 in our favour.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 69859
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair on Sun 31 Oct 2010, 2:27 pm

SouthernSmugToffee wrote:
Super wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:

Very lucky with the Stoke goal being disallowed, couldn't really see the problem myself when watching MOTD last night.

On first look it looked like Baines was bundled over, which is the only look the ref gets. On replays it did look a bit harsh.

I'd have been pretty pissed off if we had scored it and it was disallowed. On the other hand, Tuncay doesn't actually get a touch on the ball at all, he pushes (ok, nudges) Baines and the ball goes in off Baines. Maybe that influenced the ref?
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 20242
Registration date : 2006-06-01

http://www.heavyrotation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  MagicMike on Sun 31 Oct 2010, 9:51 pm

Tuncay's 'goal' should have stood but these things happen and go round. Am I right in thinking Jagielka had a goal ruled out at the Brittania last season?
MagicMike
MagicMike

Number of posts : 11414
Registration date : 2006-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Sun 31 Oct 2010, 10:01 pm

All ifs & buts ... Baines was clearly fouled in their box on another attck but we didn't get the pen.. referreeing is so poor it usually evens out on bad decisions
Made 4 Gwladys
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 34768

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Sun 31 Oct 2010, 11:11 pm

Armchair Evertonian wrote:
Super wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:

I'd have been pretty pissed off if we had scored it and it was disallowed. On the other hand, Tuncay doesn't actually get a touch on the ball at all, he pushes (ok, nudges) Baines and the ball goes in off Baines. Maybe that influenced the ref?
I'm not really "upset" with Baines, I am however, again, rather disappointed in how passive Howard was. Why was he just standing there when he could clearly see that Baines was trying to shield the ball for Howard to collect. Why would he otherwise just try and shield the ball, I am not sure if was going wide of the post - hence, he was also waiting for Howard to come out and grab the ball.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  ToffeeDan on Mon 01 Nov 2010, 1:59 am

Stoke are shit - pity we didn't get going and bang 4 or 5 past that cheating keeper. Cahill got battered murphyed today and got no protection.

Liverpoole Echo Sun 12 March 1234: Euerton celebrate another drubbing of ye Shoite - quaffing muche Ale (Ye Spellowe, Blacke Horse, Wims Lowe (upstairs)) and spliffs & oft singing new chant "1,2 - 1,2,3 - 1,2,3,4 - 5-Nil." Big Dunkane (Bird Keeper of Euerton) was, yet again, sent-off by Judge Polle for landing several blows at head of serf James of Carreggore & Red Shoite Stephen Meelaar, Squire of Hitune fame who wed Ladie of The Night Alexa de Curraine and is wont to fight pubbe minstrels, was given an earlie dunking in Ye Mere of Stanlee Parke for an elbough to face of local serf Hibbeyrt. After being given ye olde clothe of vinegar by Rath-Boyne Hibbeyrt returned to scoreth fifth & finale goale past Ye Flying Pigge Thomas of Lawrence in Parke Ende - a riot followed. Euerton: Weste, Hibbeyrt, Wilsone, La Boyne, Mountyfielde, Balle, Kendel, Harveigh, Fergusaine, Latcheford, Deen of Tran Mere
ToffeeDan
ToffeeDan

Number of posts : 20139
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://www.packers.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau on Mon 01 Nov 2010, 10:58 am

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
Super wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:

I'm not really "upset" with Baines, I am however, again, rather disappointed in how passive Howard was. Why was he just standing there when he could clearly see that Baines was trying to shield the ball for Howard to collect. Why would he otherwise just try and shield the ball, I am not sure if was going wide of the post - hence, he was also waiting for Howard to come out and grab the ball.

Communication has always tits been a problem shit for howard.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15249
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Mon 01 Nov 2010, 12:51 pm

Tonteau wrote:
Super wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:

Hopefully Moyes will have a talk with Howard about it.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Bluey on Fri 05 Nov 2010, 7:53 pm

When you play Stoke, You play Stoke. Horrible team based on physicality and a defensive style. Everton were well prepared for it. Boring shit team in two banks of four. We've done it in the past to get a result. We are now a team that plays..

It is a compliment that teams set up this way against us, The result should have been 1-1. It is up to us to break em down.
Bluey
Bluey

Number of posts : 23509
Registration date : 2005-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post  BB on Fri 05 Nov 2010, 8:48 pm

Tonteau wrote:
Super wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:

Wink
BB
BB

Number of posts : 2456
Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Permissions in this forum: