606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everton 3 (Pienaar, Cahill, Arteta) Man Utd 3

+26
Tonteau
Da Judge
The Griffin
The President
BB
Statman
Doc( Ninetoes )blue
Sheep Flavour
Dixie Land
ToffeeDan
Albert
SouthernSmugToffee
Goodison_Gringo
Mr_Ben
Lumper
Helenqu
Diamond
Super
fatboblatch
He's Our Tater Not Yours
Bryan
Sack the Juggler
SEFTON
notepad
Top Balcony Blue
hairy cataract
30 posters

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Everton 3 (Pienaar, Cahill, Arteta) Man Utd 3 - Page 2 Empty Re: Everton 3 (Pienaar, Cahill, Arteta) Man Utd 3

Post  Dixie Land Tue 07 Sep 2010, 4:36 pm

Top Balcony Blue wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:
Top Balcony Blue wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:
Top Balcony Blue wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:
SEFTON wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:We are going to lose. Neutral

Beckford will start upfront on his own and Moyes will probably recall Osman and keep with Hibbert as right back. Distin will partner Jags again with Heitinga pushed into midfield. Crying or Very sad

FUCK OFF DIXIE LAD,SOUNDS LIKE YOUR WILLING IT TO HAPPEN TO PROVE A POINT tongue

Just being realistic mate. I would love nothing more than us to beat the Manc fuckers but I cant see it. I mean, we couldnt even beat fucking Wolves. We have no excuses for our terrible start to the season. We have a fully fit squad and have played some of the lower clubs already. We just havent been good enough.

I would never will any team to beat Everton and I dont have a point to prove to anyone. I just think we will lose. It doesnt mean that I dont love Everton less than anyone else. Everton 3 (Pienaar, Cahill, Arteta) Man Utd 3 - Page 2 Food-smi

Do you think Everton being Everton might just beat these, or get a draw? Be just like us. Fucking up against the shite teams and then turning up against the mancs. Then again our record against them in the PL is horrific. Tough one to call aint it.

I wouldnt be suprised if we do get a result to be honest mate We are a good side but we havent shown it this season. Man Unt are also slow starters and Fulham got a result against them so there is no reason why we cant. We have looked unbalanced this season and I just hope that Moyes doesnt keep making the same mistakes week in week out.

You seem well down about us at the minute mate. Chin up we'll turn it round. Villa should have been our turning point, we absolutely twatted the dirty hackers.

Im not really that down on Everton at the moment, I just cant see us beating one of the best teams in Europe this weekend. Very Happy

We will turn this season around and I still think that we will finish in the top 4. We will beat Newcastle, Fulham and Birmingham which will put us in a good position going into the derby. We can beat the scummers from across the park in both games this season.

I'm braced for a slow start until Nov/Dec time tbh and then us kicking on in the New Year. Dunno why I've got this feeling we'll do something this weekend, I'm usually always let down haha. Can't see us beating Fulham or Brum tbh, the shite though we owe them twats!

I think we will want to prove a point to Mark Hughes so I fancy a win against Fulham. I dont think Brum are as good think year without Hart so I think we will get the 3 points against them as well. We definitely owe the shite big time.
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20992
Registration date : 2006-01-07

http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

Everton 3 (Pienaar, Cahill, Arteta) Man Utd 3 - Page 2 Empty Re: Everton 3 (Pienaar, Cahill, Arteta) Man Utd 3

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Tue 07 Sep 2010, 7:25 pm

SEFTON wrote:

Beckford will start upfront on his own and Moyes will probably recall Osman and keep with Hibbert as right back. Distin will partner Jags again with Heitinga pushed into midfield. Crying or Very sad

FUCK OFF DIXIE LAD,SOUNDS LIKE YOUR WILLING IT TO HAPPEN TO PROVE A POINT tongue
Sef, if you only knew how long I have been wanting to say that. Ever since I met him to be honest. Mad Mad Mad

cyclops clown
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74366
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheep Flavour Wed 08 Sep 2010, 8:28 pm

Everton 1 Man Utd 2
Sheep Flavour
Sheep Flavour

Number of posts : 4020
Registration date : 2005-10-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land Wed 08 Sep 2010, 9:51 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
SEFTON wrote:

Sef, if you only knew how long I have been wanting to say that. Ever since I met him to be honest. Mad Mad Mad

cyclops clown

lol! lol! lol!

Im used to it now. Very Happy
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Back to top Go down

Post  notepad Thu 09 Sep 2010, 9:23 am

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/everton-fc/everton-fc-news/2010/09/08/everton-fc-boss-david-moyes-may-play-tim-cahill-and-marouane-fellaini-up-front-for-manchester-united-game-100252-27223632/

Why let Vaughan go if there's a Striker crisis?

scratch scratch
notepad
notepad

Number of posts : 5167

http://blogs.soccernet.com/everton/

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Thu 09 Sep 2010, 10:31 am

notepad wrote:http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/everton-fc/everton-fc-news/2010/09/08/everton-fc-boss-david-moyes-may-play-tim-cahill-and-marouane-fellaini-up-front-for-manchester-united-game-100252-27223632/

scratch scratch

i think moyes knows that vaughan needs match practice to get over his many injury's,hes nowhere near fit ,so a loan out to palace, could get him fit as well as boost his confidence.

dixie,

you take all banter with the spirit of the game,doesn't mean to say i will relent on slagging you off every time you select the opposition to beat the mighty blues,i don't have the room in my heart to have a second team like a certain few on here,all my love and passion goes into supporting EFC,hence the reason it turns my stomack into knotts when other so called toffee fans go against Everton,as for you super i want to know the answer to this question?

1).EVERTON FOOTBALL CLUB, more or less important than PETERBOROUGH TOWN FOOTBALL CLUB?

THAT QUESTION IS ALSO FOR SUPPORTERS FOLLOWING A SECOND/FIRST TEAM.
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 10599
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Thu 09 Sep 2010, 11:04 am

SEFTON wrote:
notepad wrote:http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/everton-fc/everton-fc-news/2010/09/08/everton-fc-boss-david-moyes-may-play-tim-cahill-and-marouane-fellaini-up-front-for-manchester-united-game-100252-27223632/

scratch scratch

i think moyes knows that vaughan needs match practice to get over his many injury's,hes nowhere near fit ,so a loan out to palace, could get him fit as well as boost his confidence.

dixie,

you take all banter with the spirit of the game,doesn't mean to say i will relent on slagging you off every time you select the opposition to beat the mighty blues,i don't have the room in my heart to have a second team like a certain few on here,all my love and passion goes into supporting EFC,hence the reason it turns my stomack into knotts when other so called toffee fans go against Everton,as for you super i want to know the answer to this question?

1).EVERTON FOOTBALL CLUB, more or less important than PETERBOROUGH TOWN FOOTBALL CLUB?

Morning Sef,

Everton FC is and will always be the number one football team for me. I go and watch Peterborough United as it is something to do on a Saturday afternoon for a few hours with a few lads from work.

I can’t see the problem in following a second team, especially as it is hard for me to make regular trips to Goodison Park. In the 08-09 season, I made 4 trips up to Goodison Park for the Bolton, Stoke, Man City & West Ham games. Of those 4 games, the Bolton game was the only one in which I didn’t make the trip a stay over. Once you have purchased a match ticket, hotel, beer money & food money it makes it very expensive.

I suppose if money was not a problem, or lived nearer to Goodison Park, then I would try and make more regular trips, even consider a season ticket. Then again if I lived nearer I wouldn’t be going to watch Peterborough United.

My thought last season was to get a season ticket for Peterborough as they had just been promoted to the Championship and for the £230 I would get to watch some decent football (although this tended to be by the away team and not Posh). Hence last season I only made two trips up to Goodison Park.

I wasn’t going to get another season ticket this season, but then a friend who started coming to a few games last season said he would get one and also after finding out that Lulu was pregnant, thought I would need to save money. In the end, I have ended up with another season ticket and I am glad as did, as they are playing decent football again this season, apart from a tonking away at Bournemouth a couple of weeks ago.

The chances of Everton and Peterborough being in the same league, are I would say pretty slim, so if it means that I go and watch Peterborough more as the ground is literally a 5-10min walk from my house, then so be it.

The fact that the majority of Everton’s home games fall on weekend’s when Peterborough are at home as well obviously means that as I have a season ticket, it will be the Peterborough game that I go to. Although one trip to Goodison Park last season for the Villa game, did fall when Peterborough were at home, but because a 606 meet had been talked about, I gave my season ticket to a mate.

If there is a 606 meet discussed for later in this season, I will be very tempted to make the trip up as love all you crazy kids on here, but will also depend if can get a pass out from Lulu for sure this season.

So to sum up, Everton FC will always be my one love in terms of football teams, but it is my love of watching live football that takes me down London Road.
Super
Super

Number of posts : 38093
Registration date : 2005-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Thu 09 Sep 2010, 11:45 am

Super wrote:
SEFTON wrote:

scratch scratch

dixie,

Morning Sef,

Everton FC is and will always be the number one football team for me. I go and watch Peterborough United as it is something to do on a Saturday afternoon for a few hours with a few lads from work.

I can’t see the problem in following a second team, especially as it is hard for me to make regular trips to Goodison Park. In the 08-09 season, I made 4 trips up to Goodison Park for the Bolton, Stoke, Man City & West Ham games. Of those 4 games, the Bolton game was the only one in which I didn’t make the trip a stay over. Once you have purchased a match ticket, hotel, beer money & food money it makes it very expensive.

I suppose if money was not a problem, or lived nearer to Goodison Park, then I would try and make more regular trips, even consider a season ticket. Then again if I lived nearer I wouldn’t be going to watch Peterborough United.

My thought last season was to get a season ticket for Peterborough as they had just been promoted to the Championship and for the £230 I would get to watch some decent football (although this tended to be by the away team and not Posh). Hence last season I only made two trips up to Goodison Park.

I wasn’t going to get another season ticket this season, but then a friend who started coming to a few games last season said he would get one and also after finding out that Lulu was pregnant, thought I would need to save money. In the end, I have ended up with another season ticket and I am glad as did, as they are playing decent football again this season, apart from a tonking away at Bournemouth a couple of weeks ago.

The chances of Everton and Peterborough being in the same league, are I would say pretty slim, so if it means that I go and watch Peterborough more as the ground is literally a 5-10min walk from my house, then so be it.

The fact that the majority of Everton’s home games fall on weekend’s when Peterborough are at home as well obviously means that as I have a season ticket, it will be the Peterborough game that I go to. Although one trip to Goodison Park last season for the Villa game, did fall when Peterborough were at home, but because a 606 meet had been talked about, I gave my season ticket to a mate.

If there is a 606 meet discussed for later in this season, I will be very tempted to make the trip up as love all you crazy kids on here, but will also depend if can get a pass out from Lulu for sure this season.

So to sum up, Everton FC will always be my one love in terms of football teams, but it is my love of watching live football that takes me down London Road.

morning super,

just wanted to see where your loyaltie's lye mate. good on you Everton 3 (Pienaar, Cahill, Arteta) Man Utd 3 - Page 2 Food-smi lol!
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 10599
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Thu 09 Sep 2010, 1:04 pm

Super wrote:
SEFTON wrote:

scratch scratch

dixie,

Morning Sef,

I'm with Super on this in the way i support Hibernian FC. I was brought up in Edinburgh and my dad and brother supported Hibs and had season tickets with them when i was early 20's, albeit my brother had one first when i was 15.

I have supported Everton since i was 6 years old and the always come first.

As i live some 3,500km from GP it is hard to attend weekly albeit i try and see them as often as possible when back (as long as the trains are running)
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Thu 09 Sep 2010, 7:44 pm

scratch scratch

To make space in the physio room?
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22536
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Thu 09 Sep 2010, 8:38 pm

Mr_Ben wrote:
Super wrote:
SEFTON wrote:

scratch scratch

dixie,

Morning Sef,

I'm with Super on this in the way i support Hibernian FC. I was brought up in Edinburgh and my dad and brother supported Hibs and had season tickets with them when i was early 20's, albeit my brother had one first when i was 15.

As i live some 3,500km from GP it is hard to attend weekly albeit i try and see them as often as possible when back (as long as the trains are running)
Watching live footy is simply great, I love it. Being far away as well, I go to an MLS game every so often. Very Happy
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74366

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Thu 09 Sep 2010, 8:55 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:
Super wrote:
SEFTON wrote:

scratch scratch

dixie,

Morning Sef,

Watching live footy is simply great, I love it. Being far away as well, I go to an MLS game every so often. Very Happy

Especially watching lower league football!! The fact that I can go down London Road and stand and watch football is great. A crappy meat pie and a cup of tea at half-time and then at full-time get into the pub over the road from the ground to watch all the scores come in.
Super
Super

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land Thu 09 Sep 2010, 9:29 pm

SEFTON wrote:dixie,

you take all banter with the spirit of the game,doesn't mean to say i will relent on slagging you off every time you select the opposition to beat the mighty blues,i don't have the room in my heart to have a second team like a certain few on here,all my love and passion goes into supporting EFC,hence the reason it turns my stomack into knotts when other so called toffee fans go against Everton.

I dont see it as "going against Everton" to be fair Sef. It is a predictor league where you guess a scoreline, it isnt pick which scoreline you want to happen. I went for the blues to win in the first 3 games of this season so they have got me no points at all. I may even be a jinx so you should be happy when I pick them to lose. Very Happy

Does the same apply to BlueJags game as well? I see that you have gone for the shite to win this week. Does this make you a shite fan this week and does this mean that you will be happy if the shite win this week? I guess that you would be made up to see the tossers get thrashed even if it meant you got knocked out of the game. It is just the same as me in the tipster. I would be made up for Everton to beat the Mancs (even if it meant Everton getting me no points again) and whichever scoreline I go for will never change that.

I am just trying to get as many points in the tipster (and failing as I currently have none) and to say that one of the best teams in Europe will beat an out of sorts, slow starting team isnt really that shocking to be honest.

I dont mind the abuse anyway. Very Happy Everton 3 (Pienaar, Cahill, Arteta) Man Utd 3 - Page 2 Food-smi
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Back to top Go down

Post  Albert Thu 09 Sep 2010, 10:43 pm

Dixie Land wrote:

you take all banter with the spirit of the game,doesn't mean to say i will relent on slagging you off every time you select the opposition to beat the mighty blues,i don't have the room in my heart to have a second team like a certain few on here,all my love and passion goes into supporting EFC,hence the reason it turns my stomack into knotts when other so called toffee fans go against Everton.

I dont see it as "going against Everton" to be fair Sef. It is a predictor league where you guess a scoreline, it isnt pick which scoreline you want to happen. I went for the blues to win in the first 3 games of this season so they have got me no points at all. I may even be a jinx so you should be happy when I pick them to lose. Very Happy

Does the same apply to BlueJags game as well? I see that you have gone for the shite to win this week. Does this make you a shite fan this week and does this mean that you will be happy if the shite win this week? I guess that you would be made up to see the tossers get thrashed even if it meant you got knocked out of the game. It is just the same as me in the tipster. I would be made up for Everton to beat the Mancs (even if it meant Everton getting me no points again) and whichever scoreline I go for will never change that.

I am just trying to get as many points in the tipster (and failing as I currently have none) and to say that one of the best teams in Europe will beat an out of sorts, slow starting team isnt really that shocking to be honest.

I dont mind the abuse anyway. Very Happy Everton 3 (Pienaar, Cahill, Arteta) Man Utd 3 - Page 2 Food-smi

we will probably get twatted again though Very Happy
Albert
Albert

Number of posts : 15653
Registration date : 2006-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Statman Fri 10 Sep 2010, 12:06 am

Dixie Land wrote:

In 1984 I had a treble of Steve Davis winning some competition (he won every bloody week in those days), Liverpool beating Everton in the Milk Cup Final and Everton winning the FA Cup Final when they were due to play Notts County (?) in the QF. A £5 bet won £125.

Didn't stop me calling Hansen a dirty cheating bastard when he handled on the line in the first game. You don't always bet on what you want to happen. Instead it is what you think will happen. No sentiment when money is involved. Likewise in tipping competitions.
Statman
Statman

Number of posts : 7093
Registration date : 2005-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Fri 10 Sep 2010, 9:03 am

Everton v Man Utd (1245 BST)

Well, this is all about Rooney, isn't it?

Everton haven't had the greatest of starts and they've had a few international players away over the past couple of weeks - but the atmosphere is sure to be hot for the return of a player who first made his name playing for the club he grew up supporting.

Rooney has to play: for a start United are already two points down on Chelsea. He'll be fine, though, despite all that's been written about him this week. Once you're out on that pitch none of that crosses your mind for a second - it'll probably be a release for him if anything.

Still, Everton are a good side and I can certainly see them getting a point from this one.

Prediction: 1-1
Super
Super

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Fri 10 Sep 2010, 3:45 pm

Everton will be playing the Bob Marley classic No Woman, No Kai pre match tomorrow.
Super
Super

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler Fri 10 Sep 2010, 4:08 pm

Super wrote:Everton will be playing the Bob Marley classic No Woman, No Kai pre match tomorrow.
cheers
Sack the Juggler
Sack the Juggler

Number of posts : 25877

http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

Post  ToffeeDan Fri 10 Sep 2010, 5:49 pm

Someone 'in the know' (ITK) reckons Ross Barkley will be on the bench tomorrow (Grand Old Team)

And, in answer to Super:

NO WOMAN NO KAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

NO WOMAN NO KAIIIIIIIIIIIII

GOT CAUGHT SHAGGING PROSSIES, NOW SHES GONNNNNNNNNNNNNE

NO WOMAN NO KAI

Liverpoole Echo Sun 12 March 1234: Euerton celebrate another drubbing of ye Shoite - quaffing muche Ale (Ye Spellowe, Blacke Horse, Wims Lowe (upstairs)) and spliffs & oft singing new chant "1,2 - 1,2,3 - 1,2,3,4 - 5-Nil." Big Dunkane (Bird Keeper of Euerton) was, yet again, sent-off by Judge Polle for landing several blows at head of serf James of Carreggore & Red Shoite Stephen Meelaar, Squire of Hitune fame who wed Ladie of The Night Alexa de Curraine and is wont to fight pubbe minstrels, was given an earlie dunking in Ye Mere of Stanlee Parke for an elbough to face of local serf Hibbeyrt. After being given ye olde clothe of vinegar by Rath-Boyne Hibbeyrt returned to scoreth fifth & finale goale past Ye Flying Pigge Thomas of Lawrence in Parke Ende - a riot followed. Euerton: Weste, Hibbeyrt, Wilsone, La Boyne, Mountyfielde, Balle, Kendel, Harveigh, Fergusaine, Latcheford, Deen of Tran Mere
ToffeeDan
ToffeeDan

Number of posts : 20252

http://www.packers.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  BB Fri 10 Sep 2010, 8:45 pm

Saha is out as is Rodwell.
http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2010/09/10/rodwell-and-saha-out

Regarding Ross Barkley, would he be used as a striker or a midfielder?
BB
BB

Number of posts : 2456
Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Sat 11 Sep 2010, 9:02 am

BB wrote:Saha is out as is Rodwell.
http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2010/09/10/rodwell-and-saha-out

Regarding Ross Barkley, would he be used as a striker or a midfielder?

Saha out for a couple of weeks.

If Becks starts up front then we're fucked. I'd go with Cahill up front
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Bryan Sat 11 Sep 2010, 11:47 am

Rooney not playing, sent home last night.

Bryan

Number of posts : 14338
Registration date : 2006-01-30

http://www.nba.com/heat/

Back to top Go down

Post  He's Our Tater Not Yours Sat 11 Sep 2010, 12:07 pm

Shocking team we've sent out today.
He's Our Tater Not Yours
He's Our Tater Not Yours

Number of posts : 9158

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Sat 11 Sep 2010, 12:18 pm

Wayne Rooney has been left out of the Manchester United squad for the Premier League game at Everton on Saturday.

The England striker, who is at the centre of allegations about his private life, has been spared an expected hostile return to his former club.

No official reason has yet been given for Rooney's absence.

United manager Sir Alex Ferguson and Everton boss David Moyes refused to discuss 24-year-old Rooney's private life ahead of the game.

Meanwhile, Rooney, 24, and his wife Coleen have appealed for privacy.

Following a week where allegations about Rooney have appeared across tabloid newspapers, the couple issued a joint statement on Friday which read: "The last six days have been extremely painful for us and for our families.

"It is impossible for us, as it would be for any family, to attempt to resolve any issues in the current media glare and against the backdrop of so many inaccurate and intrusive stories."

"We would, therefore, ask that the media now respects our privacy and the right of our family to discuss these matters in private."

More to follow.
Super
Super

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Sat 11 Sep 2010, 12:19 pm

Everton v Man Utd teams

Everton: Howard, Hibbert, Jagielka, Distin, Baines, Osman, Heitinga, Arteta, Pienaar, Fellaini, Cahill.
Subs: Mucha, Bilyaletdinov, Beckford, Neville, Gueye, Yakubu, Coleman.

Man Utd: Van der Sar, Neville, Vidic, Jonathan Evans, Evra, Scholes, O'Shea, Fletcher, Nani, Berbatov, Giggs.
Subs: Kuszczak, Owen, Smalling, Park, Rafael Da Silva, Macheda, Gibson.

Referee: Martin Atkinson (W Yorkshire)
Super
Super

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next