606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everton 1 (Cahill) Wolves 1

+24
Top Balcony Blue
Super
The Griffin
BB
Sheep Flavour
Gazbow
ToffeeDan
Albert
Mr_Ben
paul
Dixie Land
He's Our Tater Not Yours
Tonteau
Garry Adams
Diamond
Armchair
Blue gazza
Riggy
Barry Horne's Equaliser
fatboblatch
Hinchcliffe Corner
RhinoJagz
Bryan
SEFTON
28 posters

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Go down

Everton 1 (Cahill) Wolves 1 - Page 11 Empty Re: Everton 1 (Cahill) Wolves 1

Post  Top Balcony Blue Mon 23 Aug 2010, 4:19 pm

I blame Saha and the ref. But mainly Saha.
Top Balcony Blue
Top Balcony Blue

Number of posts : 9812
Registration date : 2005-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Mon 23 Aug 2010, 4:42 pm

Top Balcony Blue wrote:I blame Saha and the ref. But mainly Saha.
I do the same. He should have made much more careful and not give up possession when more or less the entire team is moving forward. That's why they were 3 on 2 the other way. Sloppy.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74305
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  tadpole Mon 23 Aug 2010, 5:38 pm

on another day Saha keeps the ball, spreads it wide to Hibbert and then meets his cross back post to make it 2-0, we're than happy at the result, the clean sheet and the excellent sub that Moyes has made

we had enough of the play and the chances to win it first half - its not like it was a dire 90 minutes there are positives to take and we have a manager that may be short of silverware but has taken us a long way forward overall

saying that a defeat Weds and i may change my mind Wink
tadpole
tadpole

Number of posts : 4824
Registration date : 2005-11-02

http://Is, the Daddy.......... :)

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Mon 23 Aug 2010, 7:26 pm

tadpole wrote:on another day Saha keeps the ball, spreads it wide to Hibbert and then meets his cross back post to make it 2-0, we're than happy at the result, the clean sheet and the excellent sub that Moyes has made

we had enough of the play and the chances to win it first half - its not like it was a dire 90 minutes there are positives to take and we have a manager that may be short of silverware but has taken us a long way forward overall

There's one massive flaw with your argument though mate. Despite the fact that Hibbert did make some over lapping runs and did cross the ball several times, his crosses never appear to find an Everton player...
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74305
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Statman Mon 23 Aug 2010, 8:25 pm

tadpole wrote:on another day Saha keeps the ball, spreads it wide to Hibbert and then meets his cross back post to make it 2-0, we're than happy at the result, the clean sheet and the excellent sub that Moyes has made

Not having a go at you TP but we seem to have been brainwashed by RS with respect to "we have a manager that may be short of silverware".

The Sky 4 have dominated the trophies for years. This is hardly surprising given the cash that the CL has generated for them and the fact that the competition itself acts as a magnet for the top players. Of course, recently it is really the Sky 2.

We will only win a trophy if we get lucky.

We got to the Cup Final after beating Villa, RS and United (much weakened, of course). Then, of course, we ran into Chelsea.

Pompey had a fairly straight-forward run (of course the away win at United was a major achievement) before meeting Cardiff in the final. They got lucky. We would need something similar.

Apart from Pompey, we were the last team outside the Sky 4 to win the Cup.

Apart from Blackburn, only the Sky 4 (except for the RS) have won the Premiership.

If we do win a trophy then it is likely to be the League or Europa Cup.

Even the League Cup might be beyond us given that the Sky 2 now seem to give it their attention. They have won it for 5 out of the last 6 years. Tottenham had to overcome Chelsea to stop it being 100% for the Sky 2.

Now that Citeh have got rich it seems likely that the RS will have to make do with the Europa so even that competition will become tougher.
Statman
Statman

Number of posts : 7093
Registration date : 2005-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post  The President Mon 23 Aug 2010, 9:32 pm

Statman wrote:

Not having a go at you TP but we seem to have been brainwashed by RS with respect to "we have a manager that may be short of silverware".

The Sky 4 have dominated the trophies for years. This is hardly surprising given the cash that the CL has generated for them and the fact that the competition itself acts as a magnet for the top players. Of course, recently it is really the Sky 2.

We got to the Cup Final after beating Villa, RS and United (much weakened, of course). Then, of course, we ran into Chelsea.

Pompey had a fairly straight-forward run (of course the away win at United was a major achievement) before meeting Cardiff in the final. They got lucky. We would need something similar.

Apart from Blackburn, only the Sky 4 (except for the RS) have won the Premiership.

Even the League Cup might be beyond us given that the Sky 2 now seem to give it their attention. They have won it for 5 out of the last 6 years. Tottenham had to overcome Chelsea to stop it being 100% for the Sky 2.

Now that Citeh have got rich it seems likely that the RS will have to make do with the Europa so even that competition will become tougher.

Realistic but depressing affraid
The President
The President

Number of posts : 11907
Registration date : 2005-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Statman Tue 24 Aug 2010, 12:14 am

The President wrote:
Statman wrote:

Realistic but depressing affraid

As Hairy often mentions, gone are the days when a team like Forest can come up and win the League. Villa caused something of a surprise in '81, we did something similar in '85. Since then only Leeds have caused a surprise (Blackburn bought it when a relatively poor sugar daddy could make a difference).

To steal your word, we just have to be realistic.
Statman
Statman

Number of posts : 7093
Registration date : 2005-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11