606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everton 1 (Cahill) Wolves 1

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Everton 1 (Cahill) Wolves 1 - Page 9 Empty Re: Everton 1 (Cahill) Wolves 1

Post  Armchair on Sat 21 Aug 2010, 4:52 pm

FT. Poor.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 20469
Registration date : 2006-06-01

http://www.heavyrotation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Sat 21 Aug 2010, 4:53 pm

Massive boos ring out after the final whistle.

Good first half from us, but then it just fell apart, and in the end a draw was probably fair.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 70892
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  The President on Sat 21 Aug 2010, 4:53 pm

What a load of rubbish

Pleased I didn't pay to watch that.

The President
The President

Number of posts : 11907
Registration date : 2005-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Diamond on Sat 21 Aug 2010, 4:54 pm

we didnt play well at all. wonder why Yakbu isn`t even making the bench
Diamond
Diamond

Number of posts : 1941

Back to top Go down

Post  Garry Adams on Sat 21 Aug 2010, 4:54 pm

We really struggle to link up the Arteta/Pienaar play to the front line. Cahill is only there for his goals, he adds almost nothing to open play.
Garry Adams
Garry Adams

Number of posts : 6065
Registration date : 2005-10-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheep Flavour on Sat 21 Aug 2010, 4:57 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:Clearly we are not as good as we think we are....

Agreed.

At least the Yak would hold the ball up and lay it off.

4th lol! maybe we should try for top 8.

We lack pace up front as well.

To be fair.............we are shocking.
Sheep Flavour
Sheep Flavour

Number of posts : 4020

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair on Sat 21 Aug 2010, 4:58 pm

Garry Adams wrote:We really struggle to link up the Arteta/Pienaar play to the front line. Cahill is only there for his goals, he adds almost nothing to open play.

Good job he is though - we'd be buggered without him!

Disappointing to see Moyes so negative, even at 1-1. Why bring on two central midfielders when we need pace and width?
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 20469
Registration date : 2006-06-01

http://www.heavyrotation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheep Flavour on Sat 21 Aug 2010, 5:00 pm

Fuck football.

Just ordered my new shirt for the new season for my team.

Everton 1 (Cahill) Wolves 1 - Page 9 Chelseahome0910 Laughing

I hate EFC sometimes just when they build our hopes up.
Sheep Flavour
Sheep Flavour

Back to top Go down

Post  BB on Sat 21 Aug 2010, 5:00 pm

We were incredibly Dominant in the first half, with lots of attcking play, yet Bilyaletdinov was rubbishki.

Moyes left him on the field untill 10 minutes to go.

His first substitution ( again on 70 flamin minutes like flamin always ) was the useless Saha, who gave the ball away, and cost us a goal. His second substitution was Osman and then Fellaini. scratch

Did either of these players do well last week?

We're not a bad side, but lately, we have a very poor manager who is suffocating the prospects of the team by being stubborn, and reluctant. We'd do better if he took a little holiday ( for 36 weeks ). Now that ........ is 'my' kneejerk. Feel free to find your own. Evil or Very Mad
BB
BB

Number of posts : 2456
Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheep Flavour on Sat 21 Aug 2010, 5:04 pm

BB wrote:

We were incredibly Dominant in the first half, with lots of attcking play, yet Bilyaletdinov was rubbishki.

His first substitution ( again on 70 flamin minutes like flamin always ) was the useless Saha, who gave the ball away, and cost us a goal. His second substitution was Osman and then Fellaini. scratch

We're not a bad side, but lately, we have a very poor manager who is suffocating the prospects of the team by being stubborn, and reluctant. We'd do better if he took a little holiday ( for 36 weeks ). Now that ........ is 'my' kneejerk. Feel free to find your own. Evil or Very Mad

I agree with all of this to be fair.

Why did we take Beckford off? He was full of running and granted he may not of scored but he was always looking to get forward and to be fair to the man did a lot more than Saha did.

Osman............................................???? Great when we are playing teams with no pace but Wolves on the front foot then we needed Gaye not wee man and a unfit afro

Moyes fucked up his subs, team and the win.

Why didnt we take Billy off and play two up front. Saha and Beckford?
Sheep Flavour
Sheep Flavour

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land on Sat 21 Aug 2010, 5:15 pm

Shite, frankly shite.

I thought that Jagielka had one of his worst games in an Everton shirt and Hibbert was his usual wank self, infact Distin prevented him gifting Wolves a winner when he backed off and backed off into the fucking penalty area. One of the worst pieces of defending I have ever (and I mean ever) seen.

Arteta was once again very, very deep and didnt really influence the game. I have now started to lose patience with Bily, he was never in the game and missed our best chances.

Wank tactics and wank commitment from the players.... wank.
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20992
Registration date : 2006-01-07

http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau on Sat 21 Aug 2010, 5:16 pm

BB wrote:

Behave, the lot of you.

This was always going to be a tough match and the fact we drew it doesn't surprise me at all (see tipster). However we are a club trying to get from where the likes of Wolves are to where the likes of united, chelsea and arsenal are. Currently we're struggling to get it together, cos we can pass it better but are struggling to finish off our chances but we're now struggling with the physical nature of some teams. I thought wolves kicked us pretty hard today and largely we didn't like it. But we need to accept that this is where we are and it'll be a little while before it all clicks and we start seeing results. We battered them in the first half and did create plenty of chances, we just couldn't finish them off. Their second half response was boringly predictable, we should have been more ready for it.

It is a shame when we want to see the likes of Gueye and Coleman on, but we all know Moyes is a cautious manager by nature. However, he's the one who's got us this far, so we either do it his way and bear with him when stuff like this happens or not at all.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15253
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  He's Our Tater Not Yours on Sat 21 Aug 2010, 5:17 pm

We'd have won that if we hadn't have made any subs. I don't know what else to say at the moment, I'm fuming.
He's Our Tater Not Yours
He's Our Tater Not Yours

Number of posts : 9158

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land on Sat 21 Aug 2010, 5:23 pm

Tonteau wrote:
BB wrote:

Behave, the lot of you.

This was always going to be a tough match and the fact we drew it doesn't surprise me at all (see tipster). However we are a club trying to get from where the likes of Wolves are to where the likes of united, chelsea and arsenal are. Currently we're struggling to get it together, cos we can pass it better but are struggling to finish off our chances but we're now struggling with the physical nature of some teams. I thought wolves kicked us pretty hard today and largely we didn't like it. But we need to accept that this is where we are and it'll be a little while before it all clicks and we start seeing results. We battered them in the first half and did create plenty of chances, we just couldn't finish them off. Their second half response was boringly predictable, we should have been more ready for it.

It is a shame when we want to see the likes of Gueye and Coleman on, but we all know Moyes is a cautious manager by nature. However, he's the one who's got us this far, so we either do it his way and bear with him when stuff like this happens or not at all.

I appreciate BB's comments but to say that Moyes is a "very poor manager" is way wide of the mark. As Tonts says, it is him that has taken us from relegation contenders to regulars in the UEFA Cup (or whatever its called now). I personally think that he messed up today with his tactics but this doesnt make him a poor manager. I am still happy that we have him in charge and think that this season will improve soon.
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben on Sat 21 Aug 2010, 5:23 pm

He's Our Tater Not Yours wrote:We'd have won that if we hadn't have made any subs. I don't know what else to say at the moment, I'm fuming.

Have to agree with you tater, i though the subs did nothing.

Beckford for Saha was like for like albeit Becks didn't look like scoring.

Bad performance
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Super on Sat 21 Aug 2010, 5:27 pm

Another weekend of avoiding MOTD and MOTD2 then. Hopefully shouldn't have too many problems against Huddersfield next wednesday night, they were 2-0 against Peterborough, Peterborough scored just before half-time and then knocked another 3 in the back of the net in the second half. Awesome game.
Super
Super

Number of posts : 37172
Registration date : 2005-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  BB on Sat 21 Aug 2010, 5:28 pm

Dixie Land wrote:
Tonteau wrote:
BB wrote:

Behave, the lot of you.

I appreciate BB's comments but to say that Moyes is a "very poor manager" is way wide of the mark. As Tonts says, it is him that has taken us from relegation contenders to regulars in the UEFA Cup (or whatever its called now). I personally think that he messed up today with his tactics but this doesnt make him a poor manager. I am still happy that we have him in charge and think that this season will improve soon.

I've started a thread on it so it doesn't become just a kneejerk reaction. I really am starting to doubt him as much as I love him. Crying or Very sad
BB
BB

Number of posts : 2456
Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben on Sat 21 Aug 2010, 5:28 pm

Dixie Land wrote:
Tonteau wrote:
BB wrote:

Behave, the lot of you.

No need to jump down BB's neck, he did say it was his kneejerk reaction.

All in all, i think the tactics were poor.

Hibbert again offensively is dire. Osman at RM/RW is not working. Bily is still tired from 2 seasons ago in Russia.

I honestly would like to know why Yak is not on the bench, he could have at least done a job for us. JH tackle (sic) to concede the goal was lackadaisical and summed us up today.

Pitty as when 1-0 up we looked good.
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheep Flavour on Sat 21 Aug 2010, 5:29 pm

Dixie Land wrote:
Tonteau wrote:
BB wrote:

Behave, the lot of you.

Agreed but and maybe we dont on here but its on 606 cant we stop this talk of top 4 please? Aston Villa and Man Ure coming up affraid
Sheep Flavour
Sheep Flavour

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land on Sat 21 Aug 2010, 5:30 pm

Mr_Ben wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:
Tonteau wrote:
BB wrote:

Behave, the lot of you.

Hibbert again offensively is dire. Osman at RM/RW is not working. Bily is still tired from 2 seasons ago in Russia.

I honestly would like to know why Yak is not on the bench, he could have at least done a job for us. JH tackle (sic) to concede the goal was lackadaisical and summed us up today.

I didnt jump down his neck. Everton 1 (Cahill) Wolves 1 - Page 9 Confused

Im innocent guv. Wink
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben on Sat 21 Aug 2010, 5:36 pm

Dixie Land wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:
Tonteau wrote:
BB wrote:

Behave, the lot of you.

I didnt jump down his neck. Everton 1 (Cahill) Wolves 1 - Page 9 Confused

Im innocent guv. Wink

right lets all calm down before TD and MC ban us all!!

Sorry Dixie, what i was trying to say was let BB have his say he backed his opinion up etc. Jumping down his neck were the wrong words.

Anyhow, play Yak and we'll win
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben on Sat 21 Aug 2010, 5:40 pm

from BBC

1710: EVERTON 1-1 WOLVES
Phil Dawkes reports: "Everton will be left to rue not making more of their first-half dominance, but you can't take anything away from Wolves. The visitors showed greater endeavour in the second half and deserve their point.

have to agree
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Back to top Go down

Post  paul on Sat 21 Aug 2010, 5:41 pm

in worse news i said I was 95% sure I had put bale into my team

cue the 5% chance of me not saving my changes, nightmare!!
paul
paul

Number of posts : 6879
Registration date : 2006-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheep Flavour on Sat 21 Aug 2010, 5:42 pm

paul wrote:in worse news i said I was 95% sure I had put bale into my team

cue the 5% chance of me not saving my changes, nightmare!!

Sorry Paul Mukka.

lol!
Sheep Flavour
Sheep Flavour

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheep Flavour on Sat 21 Aug 2010, 5:45 pm

PS Wolves were one of the few teams last season who just on there home form would of been in the bottom 3.....but there away form last season kept them up and they were very good away.
Sheep Flavour
Sheep Flavour

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum