606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

10: Mikel Arteta - Best Little Spaniard - Arsed!

+48
Sack the Juggler
Made 4 Gwladys
Goodison_Gringo
Knight of Thorgothshire
Barry Horne's Equaliser
Yankthattoffee
Doc( Ninetoes )blue
El Pablo
BB
The President
Dixie Land
Michael Crosby S74
Sheep Flavour
Lumper
ToffeeDan
Top Balcony Blue
Mr_Ben
Hinchcliffe Corner
MyBlueToothBrush
Armchair
RhinoJagz
yankthetoffee
Diamond
SouthernSmugToffee
My other LB is a Ferrari
Gazbow
Da Judge
He's Our Tater Not Yours
Luka Perfect
Albert
The Griffin
Super
MagicMike
Bluey
Valentino Blue
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
toffee_pies
Blue gazza
Royal Blue Mersey
Cahill the Great
fatboblatch
Bryan
notepad
paul
Synth_fg®
anticipate_the_pass
SEFTON
detroitblue
52 posters

Page 15 of 21 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21  Next

Go down

10: Mikel Arteta - Best Little Spaniard - Arsed! - Page 15 Empty Re: 10: Mikel Arteta - Best Little Spaniard - Arsed!

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Mon 03 Jan 2011, 3:05 pm

I think that's Moyes way of saying "Why the FOOK did I pay him £75k/wk? His crosses, freekicks and general distribution are so poor I rather play Hibbo as a CM. I should have paid Pienaar more instead."
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74305
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

10: Mikel Arteta - Best Little Spaniard - Arsed! - Page 15 Empty Re: 10: Mikel Arteta - Best Little Spaniard - Arsed!

Post  Mr_Ben Tue 04 Jan 2011, 9:03 am

Arteta hasn't had a good game since he last put a decent corner in
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Tue 04 Jan 2011, 11:31 am

People were saying Cahill was finished a year or so ago when he had a bad run of form. Arteta is the same. He'll be back to his best soon.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15976
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Valentino Blue Tue 04 Jan 2011, 12:22 pm

Tonteau wrote:People were saying Cahill was finished a year or so ago when he had a bad run of form. Arteta is the same. He'll be back to his best soon.
looks like a confidence issue to me. is he scared of sustaining another big injury and therefore doesn't feel confident pushing himself 100%?

he's playing the same role and position as towards the end of last season, he just doesn't seem to have the confidence to do anything more than move the ball out wide at the moment. at his best he always wants the ball, is comfortable taking the ball with the opposition close to him, looks to move the ball forward and follows the play forward. at the moment he seems to want to sit on the half way line, accept the ball from distin/jags and give it to Baines.
Valentino Blue
Valentino Blue

Number of posts : 7380
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://www.nicecupofteaandasitdown.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  ToffeeDan Tue 04 Jan 2011, 12:29 pm

Surely it's no coincidence that Everton's slump in form coincides with Mikel's.

Liverpoole Echo Sun 12 March 1234: Euerton celebrate another drubbing of ye Shoite - quaffing muche Ale (Ye Spellowe, Blacke Horse, Wims Lowe (upstairs)) and spliffs & oft singing new chant "1,2 - 1,2,3 - 1,2,3,4 - 5-Nil." Big Dunkane (Bird Keeper of Euerton) was, yet again, sent-off by Judge Polle for landing several blows at head of serf James of Carreggore & Red Shoite Stephen Meelaar, Squire of Hitune fame who wed Ladie of The Night Alexa de Curraine and is wont to fight pubbe minstrels, was given an earlie dunking in Ye Mere of Stanlee Parke for an elbough to face of local serf Hibbeyrt. After being given ye olde clothe of vinegar by Rath-Boyne Hibbeyrt returned to scoreth fifth & finale goale past Ye Flying Pigge Thomas of Lawrence in Parke Ende - a riot followed. Euerton: Weste, Hibbeyrt, Wilsone, La Boyne, Mountyfielde, Balle, Kendel, Harveigh, Fergusaine, Latcheford, Deen of Tran Mere
ToffeeDan
ToffeeDan

Number of posts : 20252

http://www.packers.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Tue 04 Jan 2011, 2:17 pm

A mate of mine fixes Arteta's air conditioning at his house next door to Ladyboy Torres. He found Arteta's diary and emailed me an excerpt:

Is so cold and freezing again. I put on my snood, gloves, scarf, big boy underpants, and yet still I cold. I no want to live like this anymore. Nando is given testicle warmer by his club and is allowed to play shit two games in every three. I am supposed to play good in every game. But Nando earn twice as much as me! How is this correct? I decide to follow Nando's example. If he play shit two games in every three and earn twice as much, then I can play shit in four games out of three, no? And since I have to buy my own testicle warmer, I play shit for one more - making it five shit games in every three. Fucking English pigs. And the ginger man, he like the cold weather because he is Scotland. He goes training in nothing but jockey pants and no testicle warmer as far as I can see. So fuck him, if he like it so cold. Let him try to beat first man with cross or corner when his knackers are like icicle.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25826

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Bryan Tue 04 Jan 2011, 2:18 pm

Wonder how his bairn is, know it was quite ill wasn't it?

Bryan

Number of posts : 14338
Registration date : 2006-01-30

http://www.nba.com/heat/

Back to top Go down

Post  Valentino Blue Tue 04 Jan 2011, 2:21 pm

hairy cataract wrote:A mate of mine fixes Arteta's air conditioning at his house next door to Ladyboy Torres. He found Arteta's diary and emailed me an excerpt:

Is so cold and freezing again. I put on my snood, gloves, scarf, big boy underpants, and yet still I cold. I no want to live like this anymore. Nando is given testicle warmer by his club and is allowed to play shit two games in every three. I am supposed to play good in every game. But Nando earn twice as much as me! How is this correct? I decide to follow Nando's example. If he play shit two games in every three and earn twice as much, then I can play shit in four games out of three, no? And since I have to buy my own testicle warmer, I play shit for one more - making it five shit games in every three. Fucking English pigs. And the ginger man, he like the cold weather because he is Scotland. He goes training in nothing but jockey pants and no testicle warmer as far as I can see. So fuck him, if he like it so cold. Let him try to beat first man with cross or corner when his knackers are like icicle.
lol! 10: Mikel Arteta - Best Little Spaniard - Arsed! - Page 15 Action-s
Valentino Blue
Valentino Blue

Number of posts : 7380

http://www.nicecupofteaandasitdown.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Tue 04 Jan 2011, 2:39 pm

hairy cataract wrote:A mate of mine fixes Arteta's air conditioning at his house next door to Ladyboy Torres. He found Arteta's diary and emailed me an excerpt:

lol! lol! lol!

You left off the part "I laugh all way to bank with the money the ginger fool pay me. I play shit and he still pay. Scotland fool he is."
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Thu 06 Jan 2011, 8:00 pm

Some people still gave him a hard time last night, but it looked like DM gave him orders to keep Modric quiet.
He also made quite a few runs into positions where he didn't receive the ball.
I think it was Mikky who made that hell for leather run to the near post when Coleman rammed it straight at Gomez.
Haven't heard the "best little Spaniard.." song for ages. Maybe we'll be singing it again soon.
Good line up last night. I hope DM sticks with it, even if it means putting Cahill on the bench when he gets back home.
"Nando" post very funny.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Tue 11 Jan 2011, 9:39 am

There's a thread on Toffeeweb asking people to submit questions for an interview with Arteta. Usually boring stuff, but this reply made me laugh out loud, which is unusual on Toffeeweb.

There is no point submitting an interesting or contentious question, it simply will not be asked.

The only shite that has a chance of being asked are

1) What is your favourite pudding?
2) What members of the Everton staff do you get along with?
3) Which opponent do you like playing against the most?

Arteta's answers would be along the lines of

1) Tiramisu
2) I have so much respect for David Moyes and Bill Kenwright, they are like my adopted parents
3) My friend Pepe Reina

When he would really want to answer

1) Yakubu
2) Any of them who don't stare at my wife's tits and arse
3) Steven Gerrard, when my mate Tim Cahill and I kicked the shit out of the whinging cheating bastard at Goodison before Christmas
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25826

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  El Pablo Sat 26 Feb 2011, 10:23 am

David Moyes takes Mikel Arteta off Everton set piece duty:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/feb/26/everton-mikel-arteta-david-moyes

"David Moyes has told Mikel Arteta to reduce the number of set pieces he takes for Everton as he attempts to coax the Spanish midfielder back into form.

Arteta has endured a poor campaign by his standards – although he showed signs of improvement in the FA Cup win at Chelsea last Saturday – with his deliveries from corners and free-kicks a frequent source of bewilderment at Goodison Park. Everton's highest earner has taken responsibility for the majority of set pieces in recent years but Moyes has called an end to Arteta's dominant role as he attempts to steer the club away from relegation danger.

"We have tried to limit his responsibility and moved others on to them to ease the responsibility," said the Everton manager. "You can see the worth of a really good set-piece deliverer, like Charlie Adam off the top of my head, who can make such a difference to your team, so I have tried to tell Mikel to step away from them."

Moyes issued his instructions before the win at Chelsea when Everton were rescued by a late free-kick from Leighton Baines. Moyes admitted at the time that he feared the worst when Arteta stepped forwards to take the free-kick, although it was the Spaniard who advised Baines to strike it. He believes sharing the workload will help Arteta rediscover the form that is integral to Everton's fortunes.

He added: "It has been something that we are aware of but it is one of those things when you want to keep building his confidence. You tell him to go on but in the same breath you are trying to say to him: 'Hey don't you take it all on, pass it on to someone else as well.'

"His form has been down and his corners and free-kicks were not great and that brings your whole play down so I wanted him to concentrate on his play and let others take responsibility. His penalty [in the shoot-out] was terrific and he is very good when he is confident and on his penalties he is."

Moyes has several injury concerns ahead of Saturday's home game with Sunderland, including Tim Cahill, Marouane Fellaini, Jack Rodwell and Louis Saha, but admits he cannot afford to rest any player with Tuesday's FA Cup tie against Reading in mind due to the precarious league position. "We have to get the points on the board in the Premier League and make sure we move away from the wrong end of the table. You don't get too many more goes at it," he said. "We have seven home games left and we have to make sure we pick up as many points as we can."
El Pablo
El Pablo

Number of posts : 496
Registration date : 2007-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Diamond Sat 26 Feb 2011, 10:41 am

He has been shit this season
Diamond
Diamond

Number of posts : 1941

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sat 26 Feb 2011, 3:55 pm

I am glad to see that Moyes is finally open about it, it's about time to let Baines take some freekicks. Like the one against Chelsea. Very Happy 10: Mikel Arteta - Best Little Spaniard - Arsed! - Page 15 F_whistl

I really hope that Arteta will find his form before too long, we need him when he's at his best.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Sat 26 Feb 2011, 5:06 pm

back to his best with the second goal assist today
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sat 26 Feb 2011, 5:54 pm

Mr_Ben wrote:back to his best with the second goal assist today
To be fair, I thought that was one of the very few moments of greatness he had. He was getting involved a bit and had some nice triangle play to get out of our half, but I found him to be lacking overall. Hopefully it's going upward now though for him since there were some promising signs here and there.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sun 27 Feb 2011, 12:12 am

much.. much better today... brilliant work for the second goal... will he finish the season on a high ?... come on Tater cheers

Number of posts : 40811

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Tue 01 Mar 2011, 10:10 am

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/e/everton/9409676.stm

FInding his form, he has been looking for long enough
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Thu 10 Mar 2011, 10:17 am

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/e/everton/9420613.stm

Out for a few weeks so might re-appear this season.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22501
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Thu 10 Mar 2011, 10:34 am

mid April
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Thu 10 Mar 2011, 2:27 pm

Mr_Ben wrote:mid April
Just in time for the lap of honour...
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Thu 10 Mar 2011, 2:47 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:

Not much honour this season No
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22501
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Thu 10 Mar 2011, 2:59 pm

Armchair Evertonian wrote:

Do they have laps of honour for the relegated teams as well?
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Albert Thu 10 Mar 2011, 3:14 pm

its more of a lap of the city as angry evertonians chase them round town on the final whistle
Albert
Albert

Number of posts : 15653
Registration date : 2006-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Thu 10 Mar 2011, 3:40 pm

treblA wrote:

its more of a lap of the city as angry evertonians chase them round town on the final whistle
Like an angry mob with pitch forks and torches?
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 21 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21  Next