606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Friendly: Sydney 0 Everton 1 (Anichebe)

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Friendly: Sydney 0 Everton 1 (Anichebe) - Page 3 Empty Re: Friendly: Sydney 0 Everton 1 (Anichebe)

Post  Michael Crosby S74 on Sat 10 Jul - 12:17

Chance for Sydney, guy put Hibbert on his arse, then fell over himself and lost the ball.
Michael Crosby S74
Michael Crosby S74

Number of posts : 28005
Registration date : 2005-10-13

http://www.myspace.com/mtcefc

Back to top Go down

Friendly: Sydney 0 Everton 1 (Anichebe) - Page 3 Empty Re: Friendly: Sydney 0 Everton 1 (Anichebe)

Post  Michael Crosby S74 on Sat 10 Jul - 12:24

It's over, just a typical friendly.

As Neville says, plenty of players to come back, it looks good so far.
Michael Crosby S74
Michael Crosby S74

Number of posts : 28005
Registration date : 2005-10-13

http://www.myspace.com/mtcefc

Back to top Go down

Post  paul on Sat 10 Jul - 12:30

cheers mc!
paul
paul

Number of posts : 6879
Registration date : 2006-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  MagicMike on Sat 10 Jul - 12:31

Not a bad run out that.

Ossie looked fit and sharp. He covered a lot of ground and kept us ticking with some neat passing. Probably the man of the match.

I thought Victor had a good game too. Rolled the centre half a few times and found some good positions when he was on the flank.

Billy still looks off the pace to me.
MagicMike
MagicMike

Number of posts : 11414
Registration date : 2006-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Albert on Sat 10 Jul - 13:34

MagicMike wrote:Not a bad run out that.

Ossie looked fit and sharp. He covered a lot of ground and kept us ticking with some neat passing. Probably the man of the match.

I thought Victor had a good game too. Rolled the centre half a few times and found some good positions when he was on the flank.

you lay off billy - he hasnt had a summer break for 18 months a week you know?

thanks for the updates crosby
Albert
Albert

Number of posts : 15653
Registration date : 2006-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Albert on Sat 10 Jul - 14:09

showing the goal on skysports news every now and then
Albert
Albert

Number of posts : 15653
Registration date : 2006-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Bluey on Sat 10 Jul - 16:31

He looked completely fucked when he came off the pitch!

I was surprised how well we did, normally Moysey runs the bollocks off them before they get near a ball. That pitch was really poor so given that I thought we did well today, they're a month ahead fitness wise and that was our lads first game. Ossie was outstanding, I often wonder would the pace and style of international football suit him more than the prem.

Victor had a good game and despite a few poor touches by Tater he ran the show again. I think they all did well bar my namesake!
Bluey
Bluey

Number of posts : 23509
Registration date : 2005-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post  ToffeeDan on Sat 10 Jul - 17:08

treblA wrote:showing the goal on skysports news every now and then

Copied by someone onto Youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zo33Z4fGAs

Liverpoole Echo Sun 12 March 1234: Euerton celebrate another drubbing of ye Shoite - quaffing muche Ale (Ye Spellowe, Blacke Horse, Wims Lowe (upstairs)) and spliffs & oft singing new chant "1,2 - 1,2,3 - 1,2,3,4 - 5-Nil." Big Dunkane (Bird Keeper of Euerton) was, yet again, sent-off by Judge Polle for landing several blows at head of serf James of Carreggore & Red Shoite Stephen Meelaar, Squire of Hitune fame who wed Ladie of The Night Alexa de Curraine and is wont to fight pubbe minstrels, was given an earlie dunking in Ye Mere of Stanlee Parke for an elbough to face of local serf Hibbeyrt. After being given ye olde clothe of vinegar by Rath-Boyne Hibbeyrt returned to scoreth fifth & finale goale past Ye Flying Pigge Thomas of Lawrence in Parke Ende - a riot followed. Euerton: Weste, Hibbeyrt, Wilsone, La Boyne, Mountyfielde, Balle, Kendel, Harveigh, Fergusaine, Latcheford, Deen of Tran Mere
ToffeeDan
ToffeeDan

Number of posts : 20151
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://www.packers.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Sat 10 Jul - 17:54

Toffee Dan wrote:

Cheers for the link. Good turn and shot by Vic.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 70892
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Bluey on Sat 10 Jul - 18:02

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
Toffee Dan wrote:

Surprised you did not watch it live tbh!
Bluey
Bluey

Number of posts : 23509
Registration date : 2005-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post  MagicMike on Sat 10 Jul - 18:49

Blueyaletdinov wrote:

He looked completely fucked when he came off the pitch!

I was surprised how well we did, normally Moysey runs the bollocks off them before they get near a ball. That pitch was really poor so given that I thought we did well today, they're a month ahead fitness wise and that was our lads first game. Ossie was outstanding, I often wonder would the pace and style of international football suit him more than the prem.

Victor had a good game and despite a few poor touches by Tater he ran the show again. I think they all did well bar my namesake!
Pretty much how I saw it, Bluey.

I'm hoping for a big season from Billy. I think he showed enough last season to suggest he could be a real creative spark in our team, but he looked sluggish and sloppy today. It's only pre-season and these games are for fitness really, so I'm not overly concerned about him.

I also think he switches off a bit. Could be because Moyes plays him wide. If he moved inside, where he sees more of the ball, he might get involved more and have a greater impact. Just a thought...
MagicMike
MagicMike

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract on Sat 10 Jul - 19:15

Is that Duane Allman in your avatar MagicMike?

I fucking love the Allman Brothers (Duane version). The first two albums are just fucking incredible and Fillmore East is even better.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 24178

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  MagicMike on Sat 10 Jul - 19:21

hairy cataract wrote:Is that Duane Allman in your avatar MagicMike?

I fucking love the Allman Brothers (Duane version). The first two albums are just fucking incredible and Fillmore East is even better.
Indeed, it is old Skydog.

Those (I presume you mean The Allman Brothers Band and Idlewild South) are amazing albums, as is Filmore East. I'm also fond of the second half of Eat a Peach (which is mainly recordings from the Filmore gigs). After that Dickey Betts takes over and it gets a little too 'Southern Rock' for me.

Anyway, lets get back on topic. That Hibbert lad had a good game....
MagicMike
MagicMike

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract on Sat 10 Jul - 19:23

MagicMike wrote:

Those (I presume you mean The Allman Brothers Band and Idlewild South) are amazing albums, as is Filmore East. I'm also fond of the second half of Eat a Peach (which is mainly recordings from the Filmore gigs). After that Dickey Betts takes over and it gets a little too 'Southern Rock' for me.

Yeah, agree totally (about the Allmans, don't give a fuck about Hibbert, it's the close season). Post-Duane it's a completely different band. Especially once Berry Oakley had died. What a story though - have you read the book "Skydog"? I dunno, it's just the ultimate rock n roll tale - make brilliant music, take too many drugs, crash your bike, die young. End.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  MagicMike on Sat 10 Jul - 19:30

hairy cataract wrote:
MagicMike wrote:

Yeah, agree totally (about the Allmans, don't give a fuck about Hibbert, it's the close season). Post-Duane it's a completely different band. Especially once Berry Oakley had died. What a story though - have you read the book "Skydog"? I dunno, it's just the ultimate rock n roll tale - make brilliant music, take too many drugs, crash your bike, die young. End.
I've not read it. Worth a read? Might get it for me hols. Didn't Oakley die just a road or two down from Duane a year later?

I don't mind some of the later Allman's stuff. They've got Derek Trucks (Butch's nephew) on board, who while not in Duane's league, is a top slide player. Some of their old blues covers are good.
MagicMike
MagicMike

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract on Sat 10 Jul - 19:44

MagicMike wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
MagicMike wrote:

I've not read it. Worth a read? Might get it for me hols. Didn't Oakley die just a road or two down from Duane a year later?

I don't mind some of the later Allman's stuff. They've got Derek Trucks (Butch's nephew) on board, who while not in Duane's league, is a top slide player. Some of their old blues covers are good.

It's not the greatest book but it's thorough. Worth a read if you're into the music I suppose. Yeah Oakley died a year later in very similar circumstances. I think they missed Oakley almost as much as they missed Duane, he gave so much to the sound. I'm playing The Allman Brothers Band now at top volume....
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Sat 10 Jul - 22:40

Blueyaletdinov wrote:
Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
Toffee Dan wrote:

Surprised you did not watch it live tbh!
I think it was in the middle of the night for me.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 70892

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum