606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

37: Jose Baxter - finds his level at Prenton Park

+31
SouthernSmugToffee
Lumper
Super
Armchair
SEFTON
hairy cataract
Dixie Land
Albert
Goodison_Gringo
Bryan
Yankthattoffee
Knight of Thorgothshire
Michael Crosby S74
toffee_pies
The Griffin
Mr_Ben
notepad
Tonteau
MagicMike
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
Statman
Barry Horne's Equaliser
yankthetoffee
detroitblue
Brummie No Mates
Da Judge
Luka Perfect
Cahill the Great
Top Balcony Blue
ToffeeDan
He's Our Tater Not Yours
35 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

37: Jose Baxter - finds his level at Prenton Park - Page 5 Empty Re: 37: Jose Baxter - finds his level at Prenton Park

Post  Michael Crosby S74 Thu 06 Oct 2011, 3:26 pm

There's more chance of Wayne Rooney playing again for Everton than him.

He will be up front at Southport with JP Kissock soon.

Number of posts : 28054
Registration date : 2005-10-13

http://www.myspace.com/mtcefc

Back to top Go down

37: Jose Baxter - finds his level at Prenton Park - Page 5 Empty Re: 37: Jose Baxter - finds his level at Prenton Park

Post  Super Thu 06 Oct 2011, 3:44 pm

Michael Crosby S74 wrote:There's more chance of Wayne Rooney playing again for Everton than him.

He plays for Luton now I see. Wasn't he supposed to be the next decent player to come through the youth ranks?
Super
Super

Number of posts : 38074
Registration date : 2005-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land Thu 06 Oct 2011, 3:46 pm

Super wrote:
Michael Crosby S74 wrote:There's more chance of Wayne Rooney playing again for Everton than him.

He plays for Luton now I see. Wasn't he supposed to be the next decent player to come through the youth ranks?

It is a shame that his parents were Frodo Baggins and a Borrower.
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20992
Registration date : 2006-01-07

http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Crosby S74 Thu 06 Oct 2011, 4:37 pm

Dixie Land wrote:
Super wrote:

At least he's got The View to fall back on.

37: Jose Baxter - finds his level at Prenton Park - Page 5 The-vi10

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land Thu 06 Oct 2011, 4:43 pm

Michael Crosby S74 wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:
Super wrote:

lol! lol! lol!
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Thu 06 Oct 2011, 4:49 pm

Michael Crosby S74 wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:
Super wrote:

What ever happen to The View? Their first album was brilliant, shame the 2nd album was shite.
Super
Super

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Tue 24 Jan 2012, 6:07 pm

Like a new signing cheers Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad I suppose we won't need to buy now Mad

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2012/01/24/baxter-better-now

Jose Baxter says he is a better player following his four month loan spell at Tranmere Rovers.

The 19-year-old made 16 appearances for Les Parry's League One outfit before returning to Goodison Park at the beginning of January.

Baxter, who also notched three goals during his time at Prenton Park, believes he reaped the rewards of playing competitive first-team football and says the move came at just the right time in his development.

"It was a great experience playing week in and week out in front of a good crowd and playing for points was good too," he told evertontv. "It's a big thing gaining an understanding of how vital three points are at that level.

"The biggest lessons were just realising you've got to make less mistakes. You can't just give the ball away like you can sometimes in the reserves and not get punished. At that standard if you do, when you get in the changing rooms of a team playing for points and you've made a mistake your teammates aren't happy!

"So I do feel like a better player now. I feel like I've got a more mature head about me and I definitely think it was good for me."

Number of posts : 40811
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Tue 24 Jan 2012, 6:17 pm

We sign another player!!!! cheers cheers cheers

Rolling Eyes
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74305

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Crosby S74 Tue 21 Feb 2012, 2:39 pm

Just watching him in the reserves, I would be very surprised if he got another contract at Everton.

I don't see what he does.

Back to top Go down

Post  notepad Tue 21 Feb 2012, 2:55 pm

Michael Crosby S74 wrote:Just watching him in the reserves, I would be very surprised if he got another contract at Everton.

I don't see what he does.

Me neither, he's just seems to get bigger
notepad
notepad

Number of posts : 5167

http://blogs.soccernet.com/everton/

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Thu 10 May 2012, 9:57 am

Everton FC are set to offer forward Jose Baxter a new two-year contract, keeping him at Goodison until 2014.

The 20-year-old academy graduate did enough during an impressive loan spell at Tranmere Rovers last year to convince David Moyes he can still be a long-term part of his first team squad.

Baxter, who is from Litherland, joined the League One outfit in September 2011 and went on to score on his debut against Preston North End, with then Rovers boss Les Parry extending the Prenton Park loan on several occasions.

However, the former England under-17s international was recalled by Moyes in January, and went on to shine for Alan Stubbs’ reserve side as the second-string went on an unbeaten 13-game run to finish third in their league.

Baxter has been rewarded for his efforts with a place on the bench for recent first team games against Stoke City and Wolves in the Premier League, and is now ready to put pen to paper on his contract.

He had previously become Everton’s youngest ever senior player after making his professional bow on the opening day of the 2008/09 season as a substitute against Blackburn Rovers aged 16.

Baxter was then named in the Blues starting line-up to play West Brom at The Hawthorns, becoming the youngest Everton player ever to start a game, and in March 2009 signed a new two-and-a-half-year contract.

Now he will hope to follow in the path of Leon Osman, who also completed loan spells away from Goodison in the early part of his career before going on to establish himself as a senior player under Moyes.
Super
Super

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Thu 10 May 2012, 1:54 pm

Interesting that he's only 20 years old. It seems like he's been around, and promising, for years (about 4 years to be exaxt I guess). Anyway, we;ll see how he progresses, but the competition within the team is only getting stiffer and stiffer as we get better and better players.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74305

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Thu 10 May 2012, 2:12 pm

Two years is a bit of a weird deal though isn't it? I mean if he does turn out to be any good, he'll be able to fuck off for nil pence just as we're discovering he's the next Rooney. We should offer him five years at £30 a week.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25826

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Thu 10 May 2012, 2:16 pm

hairy cataract wrote:Two years is a bit of a weird deal though isn't it? I mean if he does turn out to be any good, he'll be able to fuck off for nil pence just as we're discovering he's the next Rooney. We should offer him five years at £30 a week.

I'm going to stick my neck out here, but I don't think he's the next rooney. I forsee another year on loan before we make a decision.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15976
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Mon 16 Jul 2012, 10:32 pm

Only just realised, but Baxter rejected the contract offer and was released.

HNMI!
Super
Super

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Mon 16 Jul 2012, 10:54 pm

Super wrote:Only just realised, but Baxter rejected the contract offer and was released.

HNMI!

High hopes for the lad 3-4 years ago. Maybe Tranmere?
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Lumper Tue 17 Jul 2012, 8:37 am

Yankthattoffee wrote:
Super wrote:Only just realised, but Baxter rejected the contract offer and was released.

HNMI!

Seen him at a preseason friendly in Dublin last year. He looked like he had eaten all the pies. Best if luck to him.
Lumper
Lumper

Number of posts : 6833
Registration date : 2007-12-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Tue 17 Jul 2012, 8:48 am

Lumper wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:

HNMI!

Seen him at a preseason friendly in Dublin last year. He looked like he had eaten all the pies. Best if luck to him.

He wont be playing football in 3 years time.

Did he ever score for us?

Also was he not on the bench in the 2009 FA Cup final?
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Bryan Tue 17 Jul 2012, 9:24 am

crystal palace cheers

Bryan

Number of posts : 14338
Registration date : 2006-01-30

http://www.nba.com/heat/

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodison_Gringo Tue 17 Jul 2012, 2:48 pm

OS on the ball as ever. No mention of it on there.
Goodison_Gringo
Goodison_Gringo

Number of posts : 4506
Registration date : 2005-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Albert Tue 17 Jul 2012, 3:00 pm

Fat dirty kopite. Good riddance!
Albert
Albert

Number of posts : 15653
Registration date : 2006-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Tue 17 Jul 2012, 6:51 pm

37: Jose Baxter - finds his level at Prenton Park - Page 5 435650

37: Jose Baxter - finds his level at Prenton Park - Page 5 F_laugh

Number of posts : 40811

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Thu 19 Jul 2012, 10:53 am

signed for Palace after turning down a 2 year deal with us.

Can't believe we actually offered him a deal Shocked
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Albert Thu 19 Jul 2012, 12:05 pm

Mr_Ben wrote:signed for Palace after turning down a 2 year deal with us.

Can't believe we actually offered him a deal Shocked

probably so we can get a development fee
Albert
Albert

Number of posts : 15653
Registration date : 2006-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land Mon 02 Sep 2013, 6:14 pm

David Weir has signed him for Sheff United.
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum