606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

23: Seamus Coleman - Sligo's overpriced superstar

+45
Made 4 Gwladys
Barry Horne's Equaliser
Da Judge
hairy cataract
SouthernSmugToffee
Armchair
Gravy & Chips
Super
RhinoJagz
Blue gazza
SEFTON
The President
Yankthattoffee
Mr_Ben
Tonteau
Merseyblue
Statman
Helenqu
Goodison_Gringo
Sack the Juggler
VenezuelaBlue
Dixie Land
Lumper
Michael Crosby S74
Doc( Ninetoes )blue
Valentino Blue
Kilted_Toffee
He's Our Tater Not Yours
notepad
BB
ToffeeDan
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
MagicMike
Albert
Bryan
toffee_pies
anticipate_the_pass
The Griffin
Garry Adams
Top Balcony Blue
Brummie No Mates
Bluey
Sheep Flavour
Gazbow
paul
49 posters

Page 3 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next

Go down

23: Seamus Coleman - Sligo's overpriced superstar - Page 3 Empty Re: 23: Seamus Coleman - Sligo's overpriced superstar

Post  The Griffin Mon 07 Dec 2009, 11:05 am

Ideal replacement for Gary Neville 23: Seamus Coleman - Sligo's overpriced superstar - Page 3 F_whistl Twisted Evil
The Griffin
The Griffin

Number of posts : 4994
Registration date : 2008-10-04

Back to top Go down

23: Seamus Coleman - Sligo's overpriced superstar - Page 3 Empty Re: 23: Seamus Coleman - Sligo's overpriced superstar

Post  Top Balcony Blue Mon 07 Dec 2009, 11:06 am

Did I actually see an Everton right back get foward and deliver decent crosses Very Happy
Top Balcony Blue
Top Balcony Blue

Number of posts : 9812
Registration date : 2005-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Mon 07 Dec 2009, 11:08 am

Top Balcony Blue wrote:Did I actually see an Everton right back get foward and deliver decent crosses Very Happy

You did! He was fecking fearless, it was great to see. cheers
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15976
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Top Balcony Blue Mon 07 Dec 2009, 11:18 am

Tonteau wrote:
Top Balcony Blue wrote:Did I actually see an Everton right back get foward and deliver decent crosses Very Happy

I was saying to the arl fella, as much as we were down to the bare bones there was still a lot of senior players on the pitch whose heads went down and visibly we looked like we'd gone in that 2nd half. I thought Spuds would go on to put 4 or 5 past us. But Coleman never gave up at any point and he drove us on towards the end. How good he is/will be remains to be seen, but we wouldn't have got anything out of that game yesterday had he not been on the field and I don't think that's an exaggeration.
Top Balcony Blue
Top Balcony Blue

Back to top Go down

Post  Bluey Mon 07 Dec 2009, 6:51 pm

hairy cataract wrote:Much as I enjoyed Coleman's performance on Sunday, it has to be remembered that he was up against Bale. Even I would look good facing that useless nob-end.

To be fair, the first half he wasn't, the second half he was and heve even came up against a third pseudo left back. He was outstanding. Credit is were credit is due, for a £150 K, it's been a while seince I seen anything as quick in a blue shirt.
Bluey
Bluey

Number of posts : 23509
Registration date : 2005-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Bluey Mon 07 Dec 2009, 6:58 pm

Top Balcony Blue wrote:
Tonteau wrote:

I was saying to the arl fella, as much as we were down to the bare bones there was still a lot of senior players on the pitch whose heads went down and visibly we looked like we'd gone in that 2nd half. I thought Spuds would go on to put 4 or 5 past us. But Coleman never gave up at any point and he drove us on towards the end. How good he is/will be remains to be seen, but we wouldn't have got anything out of that game yesterday had he not been on the field and I don't think that's an exaggeration.
TVH i never thought spuds looked that confident, they were up against a makeshift arrangement, but I thought bar about 10 mins second half, exposed them for what they where. nothing. I think it's better than the shite at the moment and I can see them pipping 4th. They ain't that good though. It is the shit hot form of defoe and lennon that is driving them at the minute.
Bluey
Bluey

Back to top Go down

Post  toffee_pies Mon 07 Dec 2009, 8:10 pm

Made it into Garth Crooks team of the week

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/score_on_bbci/7631245.stm
toffee_pies
toffee_pies

Number of posts : 5080
Registration date : 2006-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land Mon 07 Dec 2009, 8:38 pm

toffee_pies wrote:Made it into Garth Crooks team of the week

...and no Spurs players???

Is Garth ill?
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20992
Registration date : 2006-01-07

http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Tue 08 Dec 2009, 12:23 am

Man City £20m. That'll be the rumour later this week.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22501
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Statman Tue 08 Dec 2009, 12:33 am

Armchair Evertonian wrote:Man City £20m. That'll be the rumour later this week.

And if anyone asks - "Who started the rumour?" - we can tell them that it was Armchair. Laughing
Statman
Statman

Number of posts : 7093
Registration date : 2005-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Tue 08 Dec 2009, 10:17 am

Dixie Land wrote:
toffee_pies wrote:Made it into Garth Crooks team of the week

...and no Spurs players???

Is Garth ill?

Sick as a parrot after that game! Very Happy
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15976

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Top Balcony Blue Wed 09 Dec 2009, 3:18 pm

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/everton-fc/everton-fc-news/2009/12/09/seamus-coleman-at-right-club-to-continue-development-100252-25353555/
Top Balcony Blue
Top Balcony Blue

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Wed 09 Dec 2009, 3:57 pm

Top Balcony Blue wrote:http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/everton-fc/everton-fc-news/2009/12/09/seamus-coleman-at-right-club-to-continue-development-100252-25353555/
Nice read. He sure showed some some great promise as well against Spurs!
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74305
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Helenqu Wed 09 Dec 2009, 6:16 pm

Not sure about the last line how can we "keep the kettle boiling with him"?
Helenqu
Helenqu

Number of posts : 4895

http://www.silverchainsuk.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Bluey Wed 09 Dec 2009, 6:18 pm

Helenqu wrote:Not sure about the last line how can we "keep the kettle boiling with him"?

Call him Polly? I think it was a reference into not writing young kids off rather than him not being up to the task H.
Bluey
Bluey

Back to top Go down

23: Seamus Coleman - Sligo's overpriced superstar - Page 3 Empty Coleman

Post  toffee_pies Wed 03 Mar 2010, 1:27 pm

Couple of interesting articles on what he sees as his future, and how he trusts Moyes to shape it

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11671_5999997,00.html

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11671_5999258,00.html
toffee_pies
toffee_pies

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Wed 03 Mar 2010, 1:32 pm

Yeah, could see him going out on loan next season, to get a bit of first-team experience. Wouldn't do him any harm.
Super
Super

Number of posts : 38074
Registration date : 2005-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Wed 03 Mar 2010, 1:54 pm

He comes across as very level headed - a great assett to have.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74305
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Thu 04 Mar 2010, 6:09 am

Super wrote:Yeah, could see him going out on loan next season, to get a bit of first-team experience. Wouldn't do him any harm.

he needs to go on loan for experience
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

23: Seamus Coleman - Sligo's overpriced superstar - Page 3 Empty 23: Seamus Coleman - First Teamer

Post  toffee_pies Sat 20 Mar 2010, 1:22 pm

Gone on loan to Blackpool apparently 23: Seamus Coleman - Sligo's overpriced superstar - Page 3 Confused
toffee_pies
toffee_pies

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land Sat 20 Mar 2010, 1:28 pm

Will do him good to get some first team football.
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20992
Registration date : 2006-01-07

http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge Sat 20 Mar 2010, 1:32 pm

toffee_pies wrote:Gone on loan to Blackpool apparently 23: Seamus Coleman - Sligo's overpriced superstar - Page 3 Confused

I don't have aproblem TBH. Its good management.

Everton have some key gsames where we need to perform - we have a stronger 1st Squad. Its unlikely he would be playing week in week out this year. Blackpool are on the edge of the playoff bubble and if he is being loaned then I expect its to ensure that he is playing... key crunch games with some (but not as much) pressure... and gaining the experience for when he does come back.

If we get a key crock in Pip or Hibbo, then with the loan we can just recall him ...

As I said, sound business.

The man who is prepared to wear a Shoite top IF, AND ONLY IF, you are prepared to cough the £25,000. Its true it was broadcast on National Radio!!
Da Judge
Da Judge

Number of posts : 9778

http://mlb.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Back to top Go down

Post  Bluey Sat 20 Mar 2010, 5:59 pm

UWIST61 wrote:
toffee_pies wrote:Gone on loan to Blackpool apparently 23: Seamus Coleman - Sligo's overpriced superstar - Page 3 Confused

Everton have some key gsames where we need to perform - we have a stronger 1st Squad. Its unlikely he would be playing week in week out this year. Blackpool are on the edge of the playoff bubble and if he is being loaned then I expect its to ensure that he is playing... key crunch games with some (but not as much) pressure... and gaining the experience for when he does come back.

If we get a key crock in Pip or Hibbo, then with the loan we can just recall him ...

It's great logic but but both Hibbo and Pip really ain't that good. But we don't have much to face. Straight choice of breaking new blood or using experience to see us out. He obviously has to keep team happy, but I am of a mood to shake it up. 23: Seamus Coleman - Sligo's overpriced superstar - Page 3 Confused
Bluey
Bluey

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge Sat 20 Mar 2010, 6:12 pm

Blueyaletdinov wrote:
UWIST61 wrote:

It's great logic but but both Hibbo and Pip really ain't that good. But we don't have much to face. Straight choice of breaking new blood or using experience to see us out. He obviously has to keep team happy, but I am of a mood to shake it up. 23: Seamus Coleman - Sligo's overpriced superstar - Page 3 Confused

We have City and Villa coming up... today's game was crucial because it allows us to edge to the point where a win against Citteh will place us just 2 points behind them.... Villa as was shown today are chokable and my be looking more at the FAC ... we may yet see ourselves into the Europa..... COYB

The man who is prepared to wear a Shoite top IF, AND ONLY IF, you are prepared to cough the £25,000. Its true it was broadcast on National Radio!!
Da Judge
Da Judge

Number of posts : 9778

http://mlb.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Back to top Go down

Post  Bluey Sat 20 Mar 2010, 6:43 pm

UWIST61 wrote:
Blueyaletdinov wrote:
UWIST61 wrote:

We have City and Villa coming up... today's game was crucial because it allows us to edge to the point where a win against Citteh will place us just 2 points behind them.... Villa as was shown today are chokable and my be looking more at the FAC ... we may yet see ourselves into the Europa..... COYB
and our away form?
Bluey
Bluey

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next