606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

23: Seamus Coleman - Sligo's overpriced superstar

+45
Made 4 Gwladys
Barry Horne's Equaliser
Da Judge
hairy cataract
SouthernSmugToffee
Armchair
Gravy & Chips
Super
RhinoJagz
Blue gazza
SEFTON
The President
Yankthattoffee
Mr_Ben
Tonteau
Merseyblue
Statman
Helenqu
Goodison_Gringo
Sack the Juggler
VenezuelaBlue
Dixie Land
Lumper
Michael Crosby S74
Doc( Ninetoes )blue
Valentino Blue
Kilted_Toffee
He's Our Tater Not Yours
notepad
BB
ToffeeDan
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
MagicMike
Albert
Bryan
toffee_pies
anticipate_the_pass
The Griffin
Garry Adams
Top Balcony Blue
Brummie No Mates
Bluey
Sheep Flavour
Gazbow
paul
49 posters

Page 16 of 17 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Go down

23: Seamus Coleman - Sligo's overpriced superstar - Page 16 Empty Re: 23: Seamus Coleman - Sligo's overpriced superstar

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Tue 28 Mar 2017, 5:33 pm

Tonteau wrote:Gutted for Seamus, he's been excellent this season and his attitude has always been spot on. I'd like to see Holgate get a run. Jags is the only proper right-footer we have but is not as mobile as Holgate. Galloway and Funes Mori both left footed.
I wonder if RK will compensate for the loss of Seamus by playing 3 in the back & limiting the risk of a lesser full back... by playing Holgate, Macca, etc as an advanced wing back

Number of posts : 40856
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

23: Seamus Coleman - Sligo's overpriced superstar - Page 16 Empty Re: 23: Seamus Coleman - Sligo's overpriced superstar

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Tue 11 Apr 2017, 6:45 pm

23: Seamus Coleman - Sligo's overpriced superstar - Page 16 Action-s 23: Seamus Coleman - Sligo's overpriced superstar - Page 16 Action-s
http://www.evertonfc.com/news/2017/04/11/coleman-cheered-by-blues-visit

Back to top Go down

Post  The President Wed 26 Apr 2017, 6:57 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39719923
The President
The President

Number of posts : 11907
Registration date : 2005-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  WellOilBeefHooked Fri 05 May 2017, 8:45 pm

Seamus signs a new 5 year contract cheers cheers cheers and says that Bill K sent him a text to say that the contract he was about to sign after the International Break (no pun intended !!) would remain for when he returned back to Finch Farm - what a club we follow !!! 23: Seamus Coleman - Sligo's overpriced superstar - Page 16 Action-s 23: Seamus Coleman - Sligo's overpriced superstar - Page 16 Action-s cheers cheers
WellOilBeefHooked
WellOilBeefHooked

Number of posts : 1197
Location : Nantwich, Cheshire via Lydiate, Middlesbrough, Darlington, Didsbury and Stockport

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sat 06 May 2017, 2:52 am

WellOilBeefHooked wrote:Seamus signs a new 5 year contract cheers cheers cheers and says that Bill K sent him a text to say that the contract he was about to sign after the International Break (no pun intended !!) would remain for when he returned back to Finch Farm - what a club we follow !!! 23: Seamus Coleman - Sligo's overpriced superstar - Page 16 Action-s 23: Seamus Coleman - Sligo's overpriced superstar - Page 16 Action-s cheers cheers
Makes me proud to be an Evertonian. cheers cheers
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74366

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  The President Wed 10 Jan 2018, 9:31 am

And the club's manager Sam Allardyce has confirmed full-back Seamus Coleman has returned to training, 10 months after he broke his leg playing for Republic of Ireland
The President
The President

Number of posts : 11907
Registration date : 2005-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinchcliffe Corner Wed 10 Jan 2018, 6:34 pm

The President wrote:And the club's manager Sam Allardyce has confirmed full-back Seamus Coleman has returned to training, 10 months after he broke his leg playing for Republic of Ireland

Great news! cheers
Hinchcliffe Corner
Hinchcliffe Corner

Number of posts : 2425
Registration date : 2006-01-27

http://www.phil-cooper.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Tue 23 Jan 2018, 3:20 pm

Seamus Coleman is poised to take the next step on his road to recovery from a broken leg by featuring in Everton Under-23s' clash with Portsmouth at Goodison Park tonight (7pm kick-off).

Right-back Coleman has been sidelined for 10 months after suffering the injury playing a World Cup qualifying match for Republic of Ireland against Wales in March.

Manager Sam Allardyce last Friday confirmed that the 29-year-old had completed his first week's training with the Toffees' squad since embarking on his comeback trail.

Coleman last appeared for Everton in a 4-0 Premier League victory over Hull City on 18 March last year. He joined the Blues from League of Ireland team Sligo Rovers in January 2009 and has scored 18 goals in 206 Premier League appearances for the Club.

You can watch Coleman in action tonight with our free live stream via the Club's YouTube page
Super
Super

Number of posts : 38093
Registration date : 2005-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Tue 23 Jan 2018, 6:50 pm

Seamus live on EFC youtube tonight ... 7pm kick off..

Luke Garbutt also starting..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9f2kWIAD2A0

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Tue 23 Jan 2018, 9:21 pm

Any news? Is he doing OK?
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? Wed 24 Jan 2018, 11:31 am

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:Any news? Is he doing OK?

watched about 40 minutes off and on and missed all three goals Sad

Both looked decent. Garbutt is quick, I'd forgotten. Coleman even threw in a crunching tackle so Sam may have to dial him back a bit.
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Number of posts : 17435
Registration date : 2006-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Wed 24 Jan 2018, 1:37 pm

mindyerEnvelopeMister? wrote:

Both looked decent. Garbutt is quick, I'd forgotten. Coleman even threw in a crunching tackle so Sam may have to dial him back a bit.
I missed all of Coleman's time on the pitch, but watched the last half hour or so of the match.  Garbutt was on the far side of the pitch, so with the fixed camera you couldn't really see him but he put a few nice corners in.  

Two things though, firstly Antony Evans looks a bit special.  Whether he will actually make it or not is another thing though, he did give the ball away cheaply a couple of times, but he has tons of natural ability.  Not surprised that a few teams are sniffing around him cos his contract is up in six months I think.  Hope we don't let him go, but if we do we need to put in a buy back clause.

Secondly, it was much more entertaining than watching the first team.  The U23s play with much less fear and they knock the ball around really quickly.  True, the opposition was shite, but it was refreshing nevertheless.  Nice antidote to the whole Premier League/£500k a week/Sky shite.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25856

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge Wed 24 Jan 2018, 3:05 pm

hairy cataract wrote:

I missed all of Coleman's time on the pitch, but watched the last half hour or so of the match.  Garbutt was on the far side of the pitch, so with the fixed camera you couldn't really see him but he put a few nice corners in.  

Two things though, firstly Antony Evans looks a bit special.  Whether he will actually make it or not is another thing though, he did give the ball away cheaply a couple of times, but he has tons of natural ability.  Not surprised that a few teams are sniffing around him cos his contract is up in six months I think.  Hope we don't let him go, but if we do we need to put in a buy back clause.

Secondly, it was much more entertaining than watching the first team.  The U23s play with much less fear and they knock the ball around really quickly.  True, the opposition was shite, but it was refreshing nevertheless.  Nice antidote to the whole Premier League/£500k a week/Sky shite.

I watched the match on Your Tube this morning.... and like you I was impressed at the pace and "connectivity" the squad had in playing intricate one touch football....

We also have Onyekru to return to the side after his loan spell (currently back at Everton working through rehab) - he is scoring well in Belgian Championship. Most of me now is thinking lets get to the end of the season in whatever shape we can as long as we retain our place.... we are lucky that we might not have too many World Cup squad members (Siggy, Pickford and Gueye are most likely I can see Keane, Niasse and Schneiderlin missing out) which should allow us to collectively throw 17-18 into the mental garbage bin and start afresh. The U23s will be one year older and we can seriously start to think about a much younger squad and perhaps better balanced squad.

The man who is prepared to wear a Shoite top IF, AND ONLY IF, you are prepared to cough the £25,000. Its true it was broadcast on National Radio!!
Da Judge
Da Judge

Number of posts : 9782
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://mlb.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? Wed 24 Jan 2018, 7:07 pm

Da Judge wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:

I watched the match on Your Tube this morning.... and like you I was impressed at the pace and "connectivity" the squad had in playing intricate one touch football....

We also have Onyekru to return to the side after his loan spell (currently back at Everton working through rehab) - he is scoring well in Belgian Championship. Most of me now is thinking lets get to the end of the season in whatever shape we can as long as we retain our place.... we are lucky that we might not have too many World Cup squad members (Siggy, Pickford and Gueye are most likely I can see Keane, Niasse and Schneiderlin missing out) which should allow us to collectively throw 17-18 into the mental garbage bin and start afresh. The U23s will be one year older and we can seriously start to think about a much younger squad and perhaps better balanced squad.

just watched the goals, finally. That second! Whoosh!
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Number of posts : 17435
Registration date : 2006-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Tue 15 Oct 2019, 9:48 pm

Seamus looking for plenty of time off.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Tue 22 Sep 2020, 5:20 pm

When Gibbs was sent off for his pathetic handbags effort on James he was apparently heard by Seamus to say... I'll do it again...

Seamus' response was
"You'll do it again? Who are you talking to, you'll do it again? Hard man, f****** hard man?"

Coleman is a fucking legend !... I love you I love you

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Tue 20 Apr 2021, 9:01 am

Everton have started talks with defender Seamus Coleman about a coaching role when his playing days come to an end. The 32-year-old Republic of Ireland right-back's deal runs until June 2022. (Liverpool Echo)
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22536
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Tue 20 Apr 2021, 9:14 am

Armchair wrote:Everton have started talks with defender Seamus Coleman about a coaching role when his playing days come to an end. The 32-year-old Republic of Ireland right-back's deal runs until June 2022. (Liverpool Echo)
23: Seamus Coleman - Sligo's overpriced superstar - Page 16 Action-s

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Wed 28 Jul 2021, 5:04 pm

SIXTY GRAND I SAY !!!!

Captain Seamus Coleman has signed a one-year contract extension with Everton until the end of June 2023.

The long-serving defender, who joined Everton from Sligo Rovers in January 2009 for £60,000, has made 350 appearances for the Blues and is one of the Club’s most popular players of the modern era.

Coleman was appointed Everton captain in 2019 and is also skipper for the Republic of Ireland, earning 59 caps for his country since making his debut in 2011.

After signing his new contract, the 32-year-old right-back reiterated his desire to lead the ambitious Blues to silverware and vowed to keep driving high standards for Rafa Benitez’s squad.

“I’m very happy - everyone around the Football Club and I’m sure all the fans know how much this club has meant to me from day one,” Coleman told evertontv.

“It’s a massive honour to extend my time here. It was about getting my head down and to keep working hard like I’ve always done, and the Club decided to reward me with that. It’s something I’m very happy with.

“Hopefully now I can keep going as long as possible, give my experience to the younger lads, help and support them in any way I can, and contribute on the pitch as much as possible.

“Discussions with Marcel, the Board and the manager were straight forward. It’s not something that I just wanted to be given. I worked very hard last season and thought I did quite well in the games that I played in.

“Every day in training I pushed myself to the limits and did all I could to stay and play for a big football club like this. I’m very thankful to Marcel, the manager, the Chairman and the Board to get this done.”

https://www.evertonfc.com/news/2200462/coleman-signs-new-everton-deal?fbclid=IwAR2DsLT3Ho3XQB7kUcqcYLlR625eSiYWyfIJmmw2MONwHieSc_tyjoStJuQ

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodison_Gringo Wed 28 Jul 2021, 6:26 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:SIXTY GRAND I SAY !!!!

Captain Seamus Coleman has signed a one-year contract extension with Everton until the end of June 2023.

The long-serving defender, who joined Everton from Sligo Rovers in January 2009 for £60,000, has made 350 appearances for the Blues and is one of the Club’s most popular players of the modern era.

Coleman was appointed Everton captain in 2019 and is also skipper for the Republic of Ireland, earning 59 caps for his country since making his debut in 2011.

After signing his new contract, the 32-year-old right-back reiterated his desire to lead the ambitious Blues to silverware and vowed to keep driving high standards for Rafa Benitez’s squad.

“I’m very happy - everyone around the Football Club and I’m sure all the fans know how much this club has meant to me from day one,” Coleman told evertontv.

“It’s a massive honour to extend my time here. It was about getting my head down and to keep working hard like I’ve always done, and the Club decided to reward me with that. It’s something I’m very happy with.

“Hopefully now I can keep going as long as possible, give my experience to the younger lads, help and support them in any way I can, and contribute on the pitch as much as possible.

“Discussions with Marcel, the Board and the manager were straight forward. It’s not something that I just wanted to be given. I worked very hard last season and thought I did quite well in the games that I played in.

“Every day in training I pushed myself to the limits and did all I could to stay and play for a big football club like this. I’m very thankful to Marcel, the manager, the Chairman and the Board to get this done.”

https://www.evertonfc.com/news/2200462/coleman-signs-new-everton-deal?fbclid=IwAR2DsLT3Ho3XQB7kUcqcYLlR625eSiYWyfIJmmw2MONwHieSc_tyjoStJuQ

Good news
Goodison_Gringo
Goodison_Gringo

Number of posts : 4509
Registration date : 2005-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Thu 29 Jul 2021, 12:10 am

Very good. The club needs that kind of leadership.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Sun 05 Sep 2021, 9:16 pm

Injured on international duty. Of course we don't need cover for our full backs, we've got Kenny and Holgate (both offered to other clubs during the transfer window), Godfrey (covid), Delph (shite), or Townsend (only played once at left back in his career). Only clubs with ambition need cover in any position.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25856

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Thu 14 Jul 2022, 4:08 pm

Seamus Coleman injury latest: He has had ‘a surgical procedure to correct an inguinal issue from last season’. Currently touch and go whether he will be available for the start of the season

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Thu 14 Jul 2022, 4:51 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:Seamus Coleman injury latest: He has had ‘a surgical procedure to correct an inguinal issue from last season’. Currently touch and go whether he will be available for the start of the season
Had the same 17 years ago.
Why not earlier than this?
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Thu 14 Jul 2022, 9:01 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:Seamus Coleman injury latest: He has had ‘a surgical procedure to correct an inguinal issue from last season’. Currently touch and go whether he will be available for the start of the season
Had the same 17 years ago.
Why not earlier than this?
I was just about to ask the same thing. Seems rather late.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 17 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next