606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Phil Jagielka - "Torres in my Pocket"

+42
Sack the Juggler
Barry Horne's Equaliser
Goodison_Gringo
Super
WellOilBeefHooked
Statman
Hinchcliffe Corner
Knight of Thorgothshire
Made 4 Gwladys
Armchair
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
RhinoJagz
The President
Mr_Ben
hairy cataract
SEFTON
El Pablo
Helenqu
Cahill the Great
ToffeeDan
Lumper
Sheep Flavour
Da Judge
BB
The Griffin
Blue gazza
SouthernSmugToffee
yankthetoffee
My other LB is a Ferrari
Albert
Bryan
Valentino Blue
notepad
tadpole
toffee_pies
Michael Crosby S74
paul
Bluey
Top Balcony Blue
He's Our Tater Not Yours
MyBlueToothBrush
Landon_toffee
46 posters

Page 4 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 17  Next

Go down

Phil Jagielka - "Torres in my Pocket" - Page 4 Empty Re: Phil Jagielka - "Torres in my Pocket"

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Tue 18 May 2010, 7:17 pm

Bryan wrote:Distin has got Newcastle written all over him. (please!!!)
We can't get rid of all CBs though, unless we are truly going after some new ones.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74305
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Phil Jagielka - "Torres in my Pocket" - Page 4 Empty Jagielka

Post  The President Sat 12 Jun 2010, 7:10 am

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has made an inquiry about Everton centre-half Phil Jagielka as he looks to strengthen his defence over the summer.
Full story: Daily Mail

affraid
The President
The President

Number of posts : 11907
Registration date : 2005-10-16

Back to top Go down

Phil Jagielka - "Torres in my Pocket" - Page 4 Empty Re: Phil Jagielka - "Torres in my Pocket"

Post  Mr_Ben Sat 12 Jun 2010, 7:51 am

I think he will always get attention from bigger clubs albeit i'd be suprised if DM let him go unless:

a) we got a lescott style bid
b) we had a direct replacement in mind
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  BB Sat 12 Jun 2010, 8:37 am

I don't rate Jags quite as highly as many Evertonians though he is jolly decent. He appears to be a nice guy, but as a footballer, he has an up hill battle ahead of him to find form again after his injury. Last season, I thought he wasn't good enough by a long shot and needs to improve. Injuries are a set back, but part of football, and we can't find excuses all the time for lads, when others are on the bench waiting to get played. If you're not playing well, then it's Moyes' job to give another player a shot. The first 11 is no place for players to recuperate. I like the lad though, and if he can get back on top of his game, then he will receive my praise every time.
BB
BB

Number of posts : 2456
Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Sat 12 Jun 2010, 9:04 am

I was talking to a Gooner mate of mine and they are desperate for Wenger to sign a centre-back and a goalie. All they've been linked with so far is more tiny midfielders from foreignland. I said, half-jokingly, that Jags was the obvious player for them. I can't see Wenger wanting to pay the dough, but on the other hand the general feeling is that this could be his last season at Arsenal unless he wins something. The fans are sick of playing pretty football and not winning anything, and sick of him not flashing the cash when they clearly have it in the budget.

Jags definitely isn't yet back to his best, but if he does get there he is, IMO, just what Arsenal are lacking. In fact, if I was Wenger, I would sell Fabregas, and give Everton the proceeds - plus the rest of his budget - in exchange for Tim Howard, Jags, Arteta, Fellaini, and Johnny H. Give his team the balls they so clearly lack.

Obviously he won't Very Happy
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25826

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sat 12 Jun 2010, 2:22 pm

I'd be gutted if he left us. Besides, Wenger would have to put a ton for him. I really don't think that £25-30M would be unrealistic considering Lescott was (about) £24M.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Albert Sat 12 Jun 2010, 2:28 pm

hairy cataract wrote:I was talking to a Gooner mate of mine and they are desperate for Wenger to sign a centre-back and a goalie. All they've been linked with so far is more tiny midfielders from foreignland. I said, half-jokingly, that Jags was the obvious player for them. I can't see Wenger wanting to pay the dough, but on the other hand the general feeling is that this could be his last season at Arsenal unless he wins something. The fans are sick of playing pretty football and not winning anything, and sick of him not flashing the cash when they clearly have it in the budget.

Jags definitely isn't yet back to his best, but if he does get there he is, IMO, just what Arsenal are lacking. In fact, if I was Wenger, I would sell Fabregas, and give Everton the proceeds - plus the rest of his budget - in exchange for Tim Howard, Jags, Arteta, Fellaini, and Johnny H. Give his team the balls they so clearly lack.

me too
Albert
Albert

Number of posts : 15653
Registration date : 2006-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sat 12 Jun 2010, 2:53 pm

treblA wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:I was talking to a Gooner mate of mine and they are desperate for Wenger to sign a centre-back and a goalie. All they've been linked with so far is more tiny midfielders from foreignland. I said, half-jokingly, that Jags was the obvious player for them. I can't see Wenger wanting to pay the dough, but on the other hand the general feeling is that this could be his last season at Arsenal unless he wins something. The fans are sick of playing pretty football and not winning anything, and sick of him not flashing the cash when they clearly have it in the budget.

me too
Thankfully! We need a healthy Jags!
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land Sat 12 Jun 2010, 5:09 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
treblA wrote:

me too
Thankfully! We need a healthy Jags!

I agree. Wenger hardly ever spends money and we will ask for over the odds for Jags as we dont want to sell and dont need to sell. No way Wenger will pay even £10 million for him and we would, hopefully, be asking for double that.
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20992
Registration date : 2006-01-07

http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Sat 12 Jun 2010, 5:15 pm

The Lescott sale has set the bench mark so Moyes would want c£20m and no one is going to pay that for Jags. Except Man City.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22501
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? Wed 14 Jul 2010, 5:59 pm

As there's a thread here called 'Jags' in addition to this one, I was amused to see this on EvertonTV.

12/07/2010Phil JagielkaPhil Jagielka - "Torres in my Pocket" - Page 4 Contract
Phil Jagielka - "Torres in my Pocket" - Page 4 38650Jags confident of
continuing good partnership with Phil Jagielka.

so he's twins...... Phil Jagielka - "Torres in my Pocket" - Page 4 Icon_biggrin
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Number of posts : 17435
Registration date : 2006-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post  ToffeeDan Sun 18 Jul 2010, 12:45 am

Jag's turn:

'Arsenal in with £14M bid' rejected by Everton

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2010/07/17/2030359/everton-turn-down-bid-from-arsenal-for-phil-jagielka-report?

Liverpoole Echo Sun 12 March 1234: Euerton celebrate another drubbing of ye Shoite - quaffing muche Ale (Ye Spellowe, Blacke Horse, Wims Lowe (upstairs)) and spliffs & oft singing new chant "1,2 - 1,2,3 - 1,2,3,4 - 5-Nil." Big Dunkane (Bird Keeper of Euerton) was, yet again, sent-off by Judge Polle for landing several blows at head of serf James of Carreggore & Red Shoite Stephen Meelaar, Squire of Hitune fame who wed Ladie of The Night Alexa de Curraine and is wont to fight pubbe minstrels, was given an earlie dunking in Ye Mere of Stanlee Parke for an elbough to face of local serf Hibbeyrt. After being given ye olde clothe of vinegar by Rath-Boyne Hibbeyrt returned to scoreth fifth & finale goale past Ye Flying Pigge Thomas of Lawrence in Parke Ende - a riot followed. Euerton: Weste, Hibbeyrt, Wilsone, La Boyne, Mountyfielde, Balle, Kendel, Harveigh, Fergusaine, Latcheford, Deen of Tran Mere
ToffeeDan
ToffeeDan

Number of posts : 20252
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://www.packers.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Sun 18 Jul 2010, 8:49 am

Arsenal have had a £14million bid for Everton’s Phil Jagielka turned down. The England international, 27, has recovered from a serious knee ligament and is seen by Gunners boss Arsene Wenger as the experienced centre-back to steady his defence. But Everton manager David Moyes is not prepared to lose a key man, already aware that he may have a problem in hanging onto midfielder Mikel Arteta given Manchester City’s efforts to sign him. However, Arsenal are set to test Everton’s resolve by tabling a revised bid of £16m.

Taken from the Sunday Mirror.
Super
Super

Number of posts : 38074
Registration date : 2005-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Sun 18 Jul 2010, 9:30 am

£16m is very tempting
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Back to top Go down

Post  ToffeeDan Sun 18 Jul 2010, 10:47 am

Mr_Ben wrote:£16m is very tempting

Not really!

For me Jags, Rodders, Mikel and Timmy are the Fantastic Four. We shouldn't be selling any of these.

Liverpoole Echo Sun 12 March 1234: Euerton celebrate another drubbing of ye Shoite - quaffing muche Ale (Ye Spellowe, Blacke Horse, Wims Lowe (upstairs)) and spliffs & oft singing new chant "1,2 - 1,2,3 - 1,2,3,4 - 5-Nil." Big Dunkane (Bird Keeper of Euerton) was, yet again, sent-off by Judge Polle for landing several blows at head of serf James of Carreggore & Red Shoite Stephen Meelaar, Squire of Hitune fame who wed Ladie of The Night Alexa de Curraine and is wont to fight pubbe minstrels, was given an earlie dunking in Ye Mere of Stanlee Parke for an elbough to face of local serf Hibbeyrt. After being given ye olde clothe of vinegar by Rath-Boyne Hibbeyrt returned to scoreth fifth & finale goale past Ye Flying Pigge Thomas of Lawrence in Parke Ende - a riot followed. Euerton: Weste, Hibbeyrt, Wilsone, La Boyne, Mountyfielde, Balle, Kendel, Harveigh, Fergusaine, Latcheford, Deen of Tran Mere
ToffeeDan
ToffeeDan

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Sun 18 Jul 2010, 11:02 am

Toffee Dan wrote:

Not really!

For me Jags, Rodders, Mikel and Timmy are the Fantastic Four. We shouldn't be selling any of these.

I can see both sides to the argument
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Sun 18 Jul 2010, 1:26 pm

Super wrote:
Arsenal have had a £14million bid for Everton’s Phil Jagielka turned down. The England international, 27, has recovered from a serious knee ligament and is seen by Gunners boss Arsene Wenger as the experienced centre-back to steady his defence. But Everton manager David Moyes is not prepared to lose a key man, already aware that he may have a problem in hanging onto midfielder Mikel Arteta given Manchester City’s efforts to sign him. However, Arsenal are set to test Everton’s resolve by tabling a revised bid of £16m.

When have Arsenal ever paid £14-16 million for anyone? They just don't throw that sort of wedge about and if they're getting rid of Fabregas, they'll more likely be looking for a replacement for him.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15976
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza Sun 18 Jul 2010, 3:48 pm

Tonteau wrote:
Super wrote:

When have Arsenal ever paid £14-16 million for anyone? They just don't throw that sort of wedge about and if they're getting rid of Fabregas, they'll more likely be looking for a replacement for him.

arshavin Phil Jagielka - "Torres in my Pocket" - Page 4 Confused
Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 8008

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sun 18 Jul 2010, 4:20 pm

Toffee Dan wrote:

Not really!

I'd have to agree. Who are we going to replace him with? It's hard to find really good Cbs that are not a minor fortune. They would have to increase the bid by a lot to make it interesting to me.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Sun 18 Jul 2010, 5:43 pm

YAKUBLUE wrote:
Tonteau wrote:
Super wrote:

Reyes was about £16m I think.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22501
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Sun 18 Jul 2010, 5:52 pm

Armchair Evertonian wrote:
YAKUBLUE wrote:
Tonteau wrote:
Super wrote:

Think they paid about £13m for Wiltord back in the day.
Super
Super

Number of posts : 38074
Registration date : 2005-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land Sun 18 Jul 2010, 6:03 pm

Super wrote:
YAKUBLUE wrote:
Tonteau wrote:
Super wrote:

If they were willing to pay £10 million for Jeffers then I reckon we should ask for £86 billion for Jags. Very Happy
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20992
Registration date : 2006-01-07

http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sun 18 Jul 2010, 7:04 pm

Dixie Land wrote:
Super wrote:
YAKUBLUE wrote:
Tonteau wrote:
Super wrote:

If they were willing to pay £10 million for Jeffers then I reckon we should ask for £86 billion for Jags. Very Happy
Excellent point mate.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  My other LB is a Ferrari Sun 18 Jul 2010, 7:11 pm

Toffee Dan wrote:

Not really!

Or Jonny 5 or afro
My other LB is a Ferrari
My other LB is a Ferrari

Number of posts : 1307
Registration date : 2006-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post  ToffeeDan Sun 18 Jul 2010, 7:30 pm

My other LB is a Ferrari wrote:
Toffee Dan wrote:

Not really!

Or Jonny 5 or afro

1 Rodders
2 Mikel
3 Timmy
4 Jags

5 Marouane
6 Pienaar
7 Johnny H
8 Bainsey

9 Tim Howard
10 Saha (or other forward)
11 Leon
12 Billy, The Yak and all other forwards
12 Distin/Yobo/Neville
13 anyone else etc.

Not going to comment re Coleman, Gueye etc. - all as yet basically unproven. The likes of all our forwards are relatively replaceable - for the money we should receive, as is Tim Howard - even if all are good.

ToffeeDan
ToffeeDan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 17  Next