606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Phil Jagielka - "Torres in my Pocket"

+42
Sack the Juggler
Barry Horne's Equaliser
Goodison_Gringo
Super
WellOilBeefHooked
Statman
Hinchcliffe Corner
Knight of Thorgothshire
Made 4 Gwladys
Armchair
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
RhinoJagz
The President
Mr_Ben
hairy cataract
SEFTON
El Pablo
Helenqu
Cahill the Great
ToffeeDan
Lumper
Sheep Flavour
Da Judge
BB
The Griffin
Blue gazza
SouthernSmugToffee
yankthetoffee
My other LB is a Ferrari
Albert
Bryan
Valentino Blue
notepad
tadpole
toffee_pies
Michael Crosby S74
paul
Bluey
Top Balcony Blue
He's Our Tater Not Yours
MyBlueToothBrush
Landon_toffee
46 posters

Page 3 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next

Go down

Phil Jagielka - "Torres in my Pocket" - Page 3 Empty Re: Phil Jagielka - "Torres in my Pocket"

Post  BB Thu 13 May 2010, 2:04 pm

Jags has come back from a bad injury, and hasn't exactly set the world on fire in his return performances. In his last match for England, he didn't have a great game either so it really didn't come as any surprise when he wasn't picked. Dave who?
BB
BB

Number of posts : 2456
Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Phil Jagielka - "Torres in my Pocket" - Page 3 Empty Re: Phil Jagielka - "Torres in my Pocket"

Post  Dixie Land Thu 13 May 2010, 5:36 pm

Ive never found "comedy" Dave funny in the slightest, more annoying to be honest but fair play to him for supporting Jags.
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20992
Registration date : 2006-01-07

http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Thu 13 May 2010, 5:44 pm

Dixie Land wrote:Ive never found "comedy" Dave funny in the slightest, more annoying to be honest but fair play to him for supporting Jags.

I liked him but i think a lot of it was due to him being a blue! However in the past he was more of a side kick now he seems to at times try and be a co-host with Moyes.
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land Thu 13 May 2010, 5:49 pm

Mr_Ben wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:Ive never found "comedy" Dave funny in the slightest, more annoying to be honest but fair play to him for supporting Jags.

I liked him but i think a lot of it was due to him being a blue! However in the past he was more of a side kick now he seems to at times try and be a co-host with Moyes.

To be honest I havent listened to their show for a couple of years. I went through a phase of listening to it and did enjoy it, especially the songs. I have got into the habit of listening to Talk Sport on my way into work as I dont like listening to music that early.
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20992
Registration date : 2006-01-07

http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Thu 13 May 2010, 6:07 pm

Dixie Land wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:

To be honest I havent listened to their show for a couple of years. I went through a phase of listening to it and did enjoy it, especially the songs. I have got into the habit of listening to Talk Sport on my way into work as I dont like listening to music that early.

I like music in the morning, on the way home i like music for the first half then talk for the second half of my drive home
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Back to top Go down

Post  WellOilBeefHooked Thu 13 May 2010, 8:21 pm

Listened to him before and he's a season ticket holder - he can be really funny
WellOilBeefHooked
WellOilBeefHooked

Number of posts : 1197
Location : Nantwich, Cheshire via Lydiate, Middlesbrough, Darlington, Didsbury and Stockport
Registration date : 2005-10-17

Back to top Go down

Post  tadpole Fri 14 May 2010, 10:33 am

i went to a blues game a couple seasons ago, complimetary ticket, 4 of us, but i'd not heard of him before so didn't know who he was at the time - 0-0 at Stamford Bridge

down to earth, decent fella and loves his blues. i can understand bein that the radio show is doin well and obviously next to Moyes he could probably get a bit on peoples tits though
tadpole
tadpole

Number of posts : 4824
Registration date : 2005-11-02

http://Is, the Daddy.......... :)

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Fri 14 May 2010, 10:45 am

When I meet up with Notepad and Griffin in Peterborough back in Sept 06 for the Carling Cup game, we met Comedy Dave in the pub before the game. Remember asking him if Westwood spoke like he does on the radio all the time, to which Comedy Dave replied he did.

Was hoping I might bump into him (Comedy Dave, not Westwood) at the Cup Final last year, but the only person I spotted was Richard Bacon. Did see Graham Stuart, but as I was making my way over to him, to get a photo, he disappeared through another door.
Super
Super

Number of posts : 38074
Registration date : 2005-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Fri 14 May 2010, 11:06 am

Super wrote:When I meet up with Notepad and Griffin in Peterborough back in Sept 06 for the Carling Cup game, we met Comedy Dave in the pub before the game. Remember asking him if Westwood spoke like he does on the radio all the time, to which Comedy Dave replied he did.

Was hoping I might bump into him (Comedy Dave, not Westwood) at the Cup Final last year, but the only person I spotted was Richard Bacon. Did see Graham Stuart, but as I was making my way over to him, to get a photo, he disappeared through another door.

I don't beleive Westwood does, fuckin hell if he does then i would have leave the room after 30 seconds, innit.
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Fri 14 May 2010, 11:11 am

Mr_Ben wrote:
Super wrote:When I meet up with Notepad and Griffin in Peterborough back in Sept 06 for the Carling Cup game, we met Comedy Dave in the pub before the game. Remember asking him if Westwood spoke like he does on the radio all the time, to which Comedy Dave replied he did.

I don't beleive Westwood does, fuckin hell if he does then i would have leave the room after 30 seconds, innit.

Surely at 52, Westwood is a bit too old for pimping his ride...

Plus, his father, Bill Westwood was the Anglican Bishop of Peterborough until 1996.
Super
Super

Back to top Go down

Phil Jagielka - "Torres in my Pocket" - Page 3 Empty Jags

Post  Armchair Sun 16 May 2010, 9:40 am

Manchester United and Arsenal are ­battling to sign Everton central defender Phil Jagielka. Full story: Sunday Mirror
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22501
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge Sun 16 May 2010, 10:42 am

This is just as much the media bitches trying to perform to an agenda for the "clubs" - its designed to unsettle rather than indicate a need.

The man who is prepared to wear a Shoite top IF, AND ONLY IF, you are prepared to cough the £25,000. Its true it was broadcast on National Radio!!
Da Judge
Da Judge

Number of posts : 9778
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://mlb.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheep Flavour Sun 16 May 2010, 11:00 am

Mirror - I dont think they print any thing that is correct.
Sheep Flavour
Sheep Flavour

Number of posts : 4020
Registration date : 2005-10-14

Back to top Go down

Post  notepad Sun 16 May 2010, 11:17 am

Sheep Flavour wrote:Mirror - I dont think they print any thing that is correct.
Phil Jagielka - "Torres in my Pocket" - Page 3 50838010
notepad
notepad

Number of posts : 5167

http://blogs.soccernet.com/everton/

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sun 16 May 2010, 2:02 pm

When fit he's a fantastic player. We can't lose him. Or like Howard Kendall said when City bought Lescott, "They didn't even buy the best defender we have".
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74305

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  BB Sun 16 May 2010, 2:57 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:When fit he's a fantastic player. We can't lose him. Or like Howard Kendall said when City bought Lescott, "They didn't even buy the best defender we have".

Hibbo is here to stay. cheers cheers cheers
BB
BB

Number of posts : 2456
Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Mon 17 May 2010, 3:20 am

BB wrote:
Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:When fit he's a fantastic player. We can't lose him. Or like Howard Kendall said when City bought Lescott, "They didn't even buy the best defender we have".

Hibbo is here to stay. cheers cheers cheers
I love Hibbert, but we really could do with a better RB.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Tue 18 May 2010, 8:48 am

Roberto Mancini is planning to make a double Goodison Park swoop as he readies the club for a major clearout. The Manchester City boss is apparently considering a move for English pair Jack Rodwell and Phil Jagielka and is willing to make a big money move for the duo.

As many as 14 of the Eastlands squad could find themselves heading for the exit as Mancini looks to create a squad that has more of his own signings. Having more or less sealed a deal to bring German centre back Jerome Boateng to the club the Italian now wants to add Everton defender Phil Jagielka to his squad.

The determined centre back was beginning to make his way into a regular spot in the England set up when he suffered a cruciate ligament injury. The 27 year old former Sheffield United man only managed 11 Premier League starts last term but appears to be making his way back to the form that made him a target for a number of Premier League sides.

Jack Rodwell has been linked with moves to both Arsenal and Manchester United and the teenager has shown great maturity and has become a crucial part of the Everton side during the season where he has figured in 36 matches.

David Moyes will not want to lose either player but has of course failed to prevent moves for the likes of Wayne Rooney and Joleon Lescott in recent years. Manchester City are ready to offer as much as £32m for the pair.
Super
Super

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Tue 18 May 2010, 9:36 am

Super wrote:
Roberto Mancini is planning to make a double Goodison Park swoop as he readies the club for a major clearout. The Manchester City boss is apparently considering a move for English pair Jack Rodwell and Phil Jagielka and is willing to make a big money move for the duo.

As many as 14 of the Eastlands squad could find themselves heading for the exit as Mancini looks to create a squad that has more of his own signings. Having more or less sealed a deal to bring German centre back Jerome Boateng to the club the Italian now wants to add Everton defender Phil Jagielka to his squad.

The determined centre back was beginning to make his way into a regular spot in the England set up when he suffered a cruciate ligament injury. The 27 year old former Sheffield United man only managed 11 Premier League starts last term but appears to be making his way back to the form that made him a target for a number of Premier League sides.

Jack Rodwell has been linked with moves to both Arsenal and Manchester United and the teenager has shown great maturity and has become a crucial part of the Everton side during the season where he has figured in 36 matches.

David Moyes will not want to lose either player but has of course failed to prevent moves for the likes of Wayne Rooney and Joleon Lescott in recent years. Manchester City are ready to offer as much as £32m for the pair.

can see Man City going for him
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Back to top Go down

Post  Valentino Blue Tue 18 May 2010, 9:45 am

honestly can't see any of these going after jags, he's a class defender but his footballing skills are fairly poor and his hoofing seems to be overlooked by the fans cause he's a favourite.

also, to me since returning from his injury he's looked way off the pace, this is probably down to being out for nearly a season but what if it's not? other players have struggled to get back to previous levels after such a long term injury are the likes of arsenal and man utd going to gamble a large wedge of their transfer funds on this?

for me Heitinga is our best centre back, defensively he has a similar style and ability level to jags but his ability with the ball at his feet is immense comparably, infairness it's better than or on a par with a number of our midfielders.

I've concerns that the two of them together would leave us weak in the air as they're far from the tallest of CB and we would be left vulnerable at set pieces and against teams who get good crosses in from wide.
Valentino Blue
Valentino Blue

Number of posts : 7380
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://www.nicecupofteaandasitdown.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Tue 18 May 2010, 2:00 pm

It's worrying that we are constantly linked with other clubs going after our players. We need to build on the current squad not losing players.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge Tue 18 May 2010, 2:33 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:It's worrying that we are constantly linked with other clubs going after our players. We need to build on the current squad not losing players.

Well there are some who would point out that they're not really interested in anything other than trying to unsettle us. If we have the capability to retain our squad then I am sure that we will be pretty strong.

The man who is prepared to wear a Shoite top IF, AND ONLY IF, you are prepared to cough the £25,000. Its true it was broadcast on National Radio!!
Da Judge
Da Judge

Number of posts : 9778

http://mlb.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Back to top Go down

Post  Bryan Tue 18 May 2010, 3:39 pm

Distin has got Newcastle written all over him. (please!!!)

Bryan

Number of posts : 14338
Registration date : 2006-01-30

http://www.nba.com/heat/

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Tue 18 May 2010, 3:41 pm

Bryan wrote:Distin has got Newcastle written all over him. (please!!!)

Thought that was Yobo.
Super
Super

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Tue 18 May 2010, 5:41 pm

Bryan wrote:Distin has got Newcastle written all over him. (please!!!)

I'd normally agree with you, but Newcastle aren't spending this summer.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15976

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next