606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Phil Jagielka - "Torres in my Pocket"

+42
Sack the Juggler
Barry Horne's Equaliser
Goodison_Gringo
Super
WellOilBeefHooked
Statman
Hinchcliffe Corner
Knight of Thorgothshire
Made 4 Gwladys
Armchair
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
RhinoJagz
The President
Mr_Ben
hairy cataract
SEFTON
El Pablo
Helenqu
Cahill the Great
ToffeeDan
Lumper
Sheep Flavour
Da Judge
BB
The Griffin
Blue gazza
SouthernSmugToffee
yankthetoffee
My other LB is a Ferrari
Albert
Bryan
Valentino Blue
notepad
tadpole
toffee_pies
Michael Crosby S74
paul
Bluey
Top Balcony Blue
He's Our Tater Not Yours
MyBlueToothBrush
Landon_toffee
46 posters

Page 5 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 17  Next

Go down

Phil Jagielka - "Torres in my Pocket" - Page 5 Empty Re: Phil Jagielka - "Torres in my Pocket"

Post  Tonteau Sun 18 Jul - 20:01

Arshavin was £10 million. The only time Arsenal spend anywhere near £14 million is when it's a forward. They whacked out £8-9 million on Vermaelen, but he's younger than jags and can play on the floor a bit which is how they like them. Arsene has never been one to flash the cash about much, especially not on players like Phil Jagielka, who whilst being an excellent defender, isn't really much of a ball player.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15978
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Phil Jagielka - "Torres in my Pocket" - Page 5 Empty Re: Phil Jagielka - "Torres in my Pocket"

Post  hairy cataract Sun 18 Jul - 20:44

Tonteau wrote:Arshavin was £10 million. The only time Arsenal spend anywhere near £14 million is when it's a forward. They whacked out £8-9 million on Vermaelen, but he's younger than jags and can play on the floor a bit which is how they like them. Arsene has never been one to flash the cash about much, especially not on players like Phil Jagielka, who whilst being an excellent defender, isn't really much of a ball player.

Agree with that. It would be very out of character for Wenger to spend top dollar on a particularly English type of defender, unless he's getting huge pressure from above. Or if he now realises he has to change the style a bit to win anything - which he clearly does need to do. He could really do with a Fellaini - someone who can put his foot in and put the shits up the opposition.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25858
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge Sun 18 Jul - 21:24

hairy cataract wrote:
Tonteau wrote:Arshavin was £10 million. The only time Arsenal spend anywhere near £14 million is when it's a forward. They whacked out £8-9 million on Vermaelen, but he's younger than jags and can play on the floor a bit which is how they like them. Arsene has never been one to flash the cash about much, especially not on players like Phil Jagielka, who whilst being an excellent defender, isn't really much of a ball player.

Agree with that. It would be very out of character for Wenger to spend top dollar on a particularly English type of defender, unless he's getting huge pressure from above. Or if he now realises he has to change the style a bit to win anything - which he clearly does need to do. He could really do with a Fellaini - someone who can put his foot in and put the shits up the opposition.

Well I did say the day that he (Marouane) was signed he would become our Patrick Vieira. I also think there is a dimension we are overlooking. Wenger himslef is becoming an advocate of a minimum number of home-grown players playing.

The man who is prepared to wear a Shoite top IF, AND ONLY IF, you are prepared to cough the £25,000. Its true it was broadcast on National Radio!!
Da Judge
Da Judge

Number of posts : 9782

http://mlb.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Mon 19 Jul - 7:56

ARSENAL are ready to offer £18m to grab Everton defender Phil Jagielka – and leave David Moyes with another summer headache. Despite the £10m signing of Lorient centre-back Laurent Koscielny, Gunners boss Arsene Wenger is eager to bolster his defensive ranks and has made the England international his top target. William Gallas and Mikael Silvestre have both left Arsenal as free agents while veteran defender Sol Campbell still hasn’t decided whether to sign a new 12-month deal, with Newcastle now joining Sunderland in showing interest. Reports at the weekend claim the Gunners have already had a £14m Jagielka bid rejected. But they will return with an improved offer for the 27-year-old and are prepared to splash out £18m to get their man. Wenger’s pursuit of the former Sheffield United star will leave David Moyes with a strong sense of deja vu.
The Everton boss lost key defender Joleon Lescott to Manchester City last summer in a move that infuriated Moyes. Moyes is desperate to keep Jagielka and will want to avoid a repeat of last season’s controversial transfer saga. But a move to one of the Premier League’s top four and a crack at Champions League action could be too much for Jagielka to turn down. Meanwhile, Wenger is convinced Theo Walcott will make England boss Fabio Capello eat humble pie this season. Capello snubbed the Arsenal winger for the England World Cup squad and Wenger was quick to get in contact with the 21-year-old as soon as he was hit with that hammer blow. He is confident Walcott will now show the Italian he got it wrong in discarding him. Wenger said: “I believe he has always shown that when he is in trouble, or not rated as much as he should be, he responds on the pitch. He is working very hard in training at the moment. “Of course I called him when he was not picked and tried to help him focus on the future.” Walcott was a second-half sub in Arsenal’s 4-0 win over Barnet on Saturday with goals from Jay Simpson (2), Andrey Arshavin and Samir Nasri. Wenger gave new signing Laurent Koscielny a starting debut, but he had a few nervy moments against Mark Stimson’s League Two triers.
But Marouane Chamakh did well in a 45 minute run-out.
Super
Super

Number of posts : 38095
Registration date : 2005-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Mon 19 Jul - 8:10

where was that from Super (mail or mirror?)

I think it is slightly different as Lescott wanted to leave doubt Jags does.
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Mon 19 Jul - 8:35

Mr_Ben wrote:where was that from Super (mail or mirror?)

Daily Star.
Super
Super

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Mon 19 Jul - 8:37

Super wrote:

Daily Star.

lol!
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Mon 19 Jul - 10:59

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/everton-fc/everton-fc-news/2010/07/19/everton-fc-reject-gunners-bid-for-phil-jagielka-100252-26880330/
Super
Super

Back to top Go down

Post  yankthetoffee Mon 19 Jul - 14:48

Super wrote:http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/everton-fc/everton-fc-news/2010/07/19/everton-fc-reject-gunners-bid-for-phil-jagielka-100252-26880330/

Makes you wonder why, if the offer as made 6 weeks ago, and rejected, why mention it now?
A bit like the Lescott saga?
yankthetoffee
yankthetoffee

Number of posts : 5006
Registration date : 2005-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Mon 19 Jul - 20:33

He would want to move Arsenal.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22536
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  SouthernSmugToffee Sat 24 Jul - 11:49

It looks like Arsenal have given up on getting Jags.

Wenger must have finally got the message:

Il n'est pas à vendre
SouthernSmugToffee
SouthernSmugToffee

Number of posts : 3935
Registration date : 2008-01-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza Sun 25 Jul - 16:47

SouthernSmugToffee wrote:It looks like Arsenal have given up on getting Jags.

Il n'est pas à vendre

or does it

Arsenal remain keen to sign Everton's defender Phil Jagielka despite having had a £10m bid turned down.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1297391/Arsenal-want-Everton-defender-Phil-Jagielka-15m.html
Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 8009

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge Sun 25 Jul - 19:26

YAKUBLUE wrote:

Il n'est pas à vendre

or does it

Arsenal remain keen to sign Everton's defender Phil Jagielka despite having had a £10m bid turned down.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1297391/Arsenal-want-Everton-defender-Phil-Jagielka-15m.html

Well jsut as long as the Arsenal board and Wenger are impaled on the Heights of Hypocracy when they bitch and complain about the hounding and pursuit of Fabregas.

The man who is prepared to wear a Shoite top IF, AND ONLY IF, you are prepared to cough the £25,000. Its true it was broadcast on National Radio!!
Da Judge
Da Judge

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sun 25 Jul - 19:47

UWIST61 wrote:
YAKUBLUE wrote:

Il n'est pas à vendre

or does it

Well jsut as long as the Arsenal board and Wenger are impaled on the Heights of Hypocracy when they bitch and complain about the hounding and pursuit of Fabregas.
Make it £25M and we'll start listening.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74368

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge Sun 25 Jul - 19:54

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
UWIST61 wrote:
YAKUBLUE wrote:

Il n'est pas à vendre

or does it

Nah... in some respects Bluey was right.... we keep this team and we can go places this year. Jags is the dominant defender. If they want someone they can look at Pienaar..... I truly beleive that we will do really well.... I hope that the injury glut has dried up...
because there is no fluke in that when the first XI are fit and on song we are competing with the likes of Manure, Chelski and L'Arse.

Da Judge
Da Judge

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sun 25 Jul - 21:14

UWIST61 wrote:
UWIST61 wrote:
YAKUBLUE wrote:

Il n'est pas à vendre

or does it

Nah... in some respects Bluey was right.... we keep this team and we can go places this year. Jags is the dominant defender. If they want someone they can look at Pienaar..... I truly beleive that we will do really well.... I hope that the injury glut has dried up...
because there is no fluke in that when the first XI are fit and on song we are competing with the likes of Manure, Chelski and L'Arse.
I'm not saying we should sell him. Just saying that if they truly want to make an offer, don't low ball us with offers of £10M. It just wastes everybody's time.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge Sun 25 Jul - 22:02

UWIST61 wrote:
UWIST61 wrote:
YAKUBLUE wrote:

Il n'est pas à vendre

or does it

I'm not saying we should sell him. Just saying that if they truly want to make an offer, don't low ball us with offers of £10M. It just wastes everybody's time.

Agreed... cheers

Da Judge
Da Judge

Back to top Go down

Post  The President Mon 26 Jul - 8:05

Everton's veteran defender Sylvan Distan has urged the Toffees to fend off bids for Phil Jagielka as Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger looks set to up his efforts to land the defender with a £16m bid. (The Daily Star)

The President
The President

Number of posts : 11907
Registration date : 2005-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  The Griffin Mon 26 Jul - 13:06

Dodgy knees. Sell him!
The Griffin
The Griffin

Number of posts : 4994
Registration date : 2008-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Fri 30 Jul - 15:43

Rumours on toffeeweb and NSNO that he's crocked and wil be out for 6 weeks. No No No
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15978

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Fri 30 Jul - 18:38

The President wrote:Everton's veteran defender Sylvan Distan has urged the Toffees to fend off bids for Phil Jagielka as Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger looks set to up his efforts to land the defender with a £16m bid. (The Daily Star)

They need to offer a lot more than that. Especially the Gunners who have almost no English players. They need him more than most teams, hence the value is increased.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  BB Fri 30 Jul - 18:54

Would you sell for £16 mill?
I'd be rather tempted to play Yobo and take the money to invest in more 'Moyes Gems'.
BB
BB

Number of posts : 2456
Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge Fri 30 Jul - 18:56

BB wrote:Would you sell for £16 mill?
I'd be rather tempted to play Yobo and take the money to invest in more 'Moyes Gems'.

I would prefer getting half the money for Joseph..and keeping Jags... 7 days a week...

Da Judge
Da Judge

Back to top Go down

Post  BB Fri 30 Jul - 19:06

UWIST61 wrote:

I would prefer getting half the money for Joseph..and keeping Jags... 7 days a week...

I still rate Yobo quite highly, despite a few blunders over the years. I also live in the 'missing Lescott' camp. I'm hoping Billy will come good and prove me wrong, but so far, I'd rather have the Jags Lescott partnership, than the 3 players we invested in with the money. I didn't see the same quality in Jags last season as he showed partnering Lescott, and it can't just be down to the injury.
BB
BB

Number of posts : 2456
Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Fri 30 Jul - 19:37

UWIST61 wrote:

Agreed. Yobo makes me nervous when he's playing.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 17  Next