606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

17: Tim Cahill - Scores (on FIFA XII at least)

+47
Armchair
Barry Horne's Equaliser
Qld Toffee
Goodison_Gringo
Yankthattoffee
hairy cataract
Made 4 Gwladys
Sack the Juggler
Helenqu
VenezuelaBlue
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
Mr_Ben
ToffeeDan
SEFTON
Lumper
jags
Margate Blue
Michael Crosby S74
Kilted_Toffee
Blue gazza
Dixie Land
Bryan
Cahill the Great
notepad
Sheep Flavour
toffee_pies
paul
Gravy & Chips
Tonteau
Statman
Diamond
Valentino Blue
Top Balcony Blue
BB
Albert
Bluey
Da Judge
Gazbow
The Griffin
Riggy
MagicMike
fatboblatch
Brummie No Mates
detroitblue
duncs pigeons
Landon_toffee
MyBlueToothBrush
51 posters

Page 7 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 16  Next

Go down

17: Tim Cahill - Scores (on FIFA XII at least) - Page 7 Empty Re: 17: Tim Cahill - Scores (on FIFA XII at least)

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Tue 11 May 2010, 7:17 pm

treblA wrote:
UWIST61 wrote:
treblA wrote:whats the point in giving a 30 year old a 4 year deal?

Because when he does leave - and he will one day... he will be under contract and we can get something approaching that which we paid for him...

i dunno whether we will though if he's saying that he wants to go and play in oz after us.

at least with cahill you know he's going to give 100% for the 4 years (im looking at you saha).

i just dont think he's had a great season this time round (its allowed) and is he going to get any better over the next 4 years?

i like the fella, and think he's a valuable player for us, im just wondering about the length of the deal
Just read this and I agree. And I hope the wages are not as high as it's been rumoured that he's on (£50k/wk).
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74305
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

17: Tim Cahill - Scores (on FIFA XII at least) - Page 7 Empty Re: 17: Tim Cahill - Scores (on FIFA XII at least)

Post  Armchair Tue 11 May 2010, 10:33 pm

Just another thought: with Australia playing in the World Cup, a few good performances and a handful of goals could see Cahill's transfer value rise significantly. Clubs often pay over the odds based on good World Cup performances (*cough* Amokachi *cough*) so perhaps if he does score a few goals we might get an offer too good to refuse? And with a long contract in place it is the exact opposite of the Pienaar situation.

S Africa v Australia final anyone? Very Happy
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22501
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  BB Wed 12 May 2010, 4:16 am

Had to bump the 'BASH CAHILL' thread before going to bed. 17: Tim Cahill - Scores (on FIFA XII at least) - Page 7 F_whistl Laughing
BB
BB

Number of posts : 2456
Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Wed 12 May 2010, 2:55 pm

BB wrote:Had to bump the 'BASH CAHILL' thread before going to bed. 17: Tim Cahill - Scores (on FIFA XII at least) - Page 7 F_whistl Laughing
I am really interested in how much he'll be on now. It might set a precedence.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Tue 18 May 2010, 10:46 am

All signed up.....

Tim Cahill has signed a new long-term contract at Goodison that will see him stay at Everton until 2014. The Aussie international had two years to run on his existing contract but Blues chiefs have been keen to extend that deal. As he joins up with his national side to prepare for the World Cup finals, the 30-year-old has put pen to paper on a four year contract. The Socceroo recently celebrated his 200th start for the Blues. He has been a huge hit on Merseyside since his move from Millwall in 2004, netting 56 goals from 209 games. Speaking exclusively to evertontv as the season ended Cahill said: "The chairman and the gaffer know what I think of the Club and so do the players. It is amazing! "The chairman knows my thoughts, I will sign here for life. He knows my thoughts on what I love about this Club. I respect everyone so much and hopefully I am here for a long time."
Super
Super

Number of posts : 38074
Registration date : 2005-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Top Balcony Blue Tue 18 May 2010, 10:47 am

17: Tim Cahill - Scores (on FIFA XII at least) - Page 7 Action-s
Top Balcony Blue
Top Balcony Blue

Number of posts : 9812
Registration date : 2005-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Tue 18 May 2010, 10:49 am

Top Balcony Blue wrote:17: Tim Cahill - Scores (on FIFA XII at least) - Page 7 Action-s

One down, come on Moyes sort the rest out.
Super
Super

Number of posts : 38074
Registration date : 2005-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Valentino Blue Tue 18 May 2010, 11:33 am

I’ve got a theory about these contracts that are being sorted. It’s just a thought that crossed my mind when I saw Cahill and Arteta were also in contract talks, it’s quite conspiracy theory esque so I’d advice ignoring it as the ramblings of a man who’s had very little sleep for the past 2 weeks.
Cahill, Arteta, Neville (think I’d seen on another forum) these guys are likely to be some of our top earners and i’d imagine that they are the players who would have had a clause put into their contracts to have parity with the clubs top earners. Are they being offered a final pay day contract with the clause taken out so the club can get closer to Pienaar’s wage demands without having to break the wage structure with all these players as well? This could also cover the reported stalling with contract renewal talks with Mikel, who’s given no indication of being unhappy to pledge his self to Everton until now.
Valentino Blue
Valentino Blue

Number of posts : 7380
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://www.nicecupofteaandasitdown.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Bryan Tue 18 May 2010, 12:09 pm

Super wrote:
Top Balcony Blue wrote:17: Tim Cahill - Scores (on FIFA XII at least) - Page 7 Action-s

rodwell/arteta/pienaar

in that order. Very Happy

Bryan

Number of posts : 14338
Registration date : 2006-01-30

http://www.nba.com/heat/

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Tue 18 May 2010, 12:15 pm

Bryan wrote:
Super wrote:

rodwell/arteta/pienaar

in that order. Very Happy

1 of those 3 will be sold this year
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Tue 18 May 2010, 2:02 pm

Super wrote:All signed up.....

Tim Cahill has signed a new long-term contract at Goodison that will see him stay at Everton until 2014. The Aussie international had two years to run on his existing contract but Blues chiefs have been keen to extend that deal. As he joins up with his national side to prepare for the World Cup finals, the 30-year-old has put pen to paper on a four year contract. The Socceroo recently celebrated his 200th start for the Blues. He has been a huge hit on Merseyside since his move from Millwall in 2004, netting 56 goals from 209 games. Speaking exclusively to evertontv as the season ended Cahill said: "The chairman and the gaffer know what I think of the Club and so do the players. It is amazing! "The chairman knows my thoughts, I will sign here for life. He knows my thoughts on what I love about this Club. I respect everyone so much and hopefully I am here for a long time."
Good to see. Now let's tie up some more players (to contracts). Wink
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Tue 18 May 2010, 2:08 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:

With Pienaar, I reckon we should actually tie him up and stick him in the basement of Finch Farm (next to the ice machine) until the world cups over and he signs a new contract.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15976
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Diamond Tue 18 May 2010, 5:21 pm

Pleased with that, I feel Cahill is a very important member of the squad, he isn`t getting any younger but its credit to him and his love of the club that he wants to see his best years here rather then look for a fresh challange with a club in europe, it makes a change that a top player at Everton is happy to stay then look elsewhere as Moyes said himself when players decide to leave Everton their careers normally nosedive especially ones who have left while Moyes has been manager.(Take note Piennar)

And actually with recent DVD and signings he has been doing he woudln`t have looked good if he said he wants to leave.
Diamond
Diamond

Number of posts : 1941

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Tue 18 May 2010, 7:13 pm

Tonteau wrote:

With Pienaar, I reckon we should actually tie him up and stick him in the basement of Finch Farm (next to the ice machine) until the world cups over and he signs a new contract.
And tell him it was God's will to tie him up.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Statman Tue 18 May 2010, 10:58 pm

Tonteau wrote:

He'd only get in the way of the bloke servicing it. 17: Tim Cahill - Scores (on FIFA XII at least) - Page 7 Icon_rolleyes
Statman
Statman

Number of posts : 7093
Registration date : 2005-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Mon 23 Aug 2010, 12:32 pm

It has been suggested that Tim Cahill's only real quality is his goalscoring ability and, for a midfielder, he does little else if not finding the target. He proved his doubters wrong on Saturday, creating five chances from open play, the most of any player in the Premier League this weekend. He showed his combative nature by winning nine of the 11 challenges his contested in the game against Wolves, including four in the opposition penalty area. One of these, in the 43rd minute, saw him nick the ball away from a defender after a Mikel Arteta free-kick, before turning and firing into the top of the net to give Everton the lead.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? Sun 17 Oct 2010, 10:31 pm

17: Tim Cahill - Scores (on FIFA XII at least) - Page 7 Moz-screenshot-217: Tim Cahill - Scores (on FIFA XII at least) - Page 7 Bill11

17: Tim Cahill - Scores (on FIFA XII at least) - Page 7 Bowdown 17: Tim Cahill - Scores (on FIFA XII at least) - Page 7 Bowdown
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Number of posts : 17435
Registration date : 2006-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Qld Toffee Mon 18 Oct 2010, 1:13 am

LOL - I'll start working on a petition here asap!
Qld Toffee
Qld Toffee

Number of posts : 1485
Registration date : 2006-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Mon 18 Oct 2010, 7:00 am

mindyerho? wrote:17: Tim Cahill - Scores (on FIFA XII at least) - Page 7 Moz-screenshot-217: Tim Cahill - Scores (on FIFA XII at least) - Page 7 Bill11

17: Tim Cahill - Scores (on FIFA XII at least) - Page 7 Bowdown 17: Tim Cahill - Scores (on FIFA XII at least) - Page 7 Bowdown

lol! cheers
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22501
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  notepad Mon 18 Oct 2010, 10:19 am

He was being written off this time last year! I love that little Aussie goal machine!! cheers
notepad
notepad

Number of posts : 5167

http://blogs.soccernet.com/everton/

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Mon 18 Oct 2010, 12:36 pm

notepad wrote:He was being written off this time last year! I love that little Aussie goal machine!! cheers

Never by me, mate.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler Mon 18 Oct 2010, 12:39 pm

Tonteau wrote:
notepad wrote:He was being written off this time last year! I love that little Aussie goal machine!! cheers

Never by me, mate.

agreed - there were only a few people writting him off
Sack the Juggler
Sack the Juggler

Number of posts : 25877
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge Mon 18 Oct 2010, 1:10 pm

That would be me!!! Embarassed Although I do stand by my assertion that if a team defends him specifically - he can be made fairly innocuous...

The man who is prepared to wear a Shoite top IF, AND ONLY IF, you are prepared to cough the £25,000. Its true it was broadcast on National Radio!!
Da Judge
Da Judge

Number of posts : 9778

http://mlb.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sun 21 Nov 2010, 4:47 pm

Can't really see Timmy being too hapy with this one Neutral

Moyes threat to withhold Cahill's wages

Everton manager David Moyes is threatening to withhold his match payments while playing for Australia at the Asian Cup tournament in January.

Moyes has called for the Toffees to be financially compensated for the time Cahill is away at a critical part of the English Premier League season.

Everton could be without its top scorer for up to six weeks, including the crucial Liverpool derby at Anfield on January 16.

While Moyes can't stop Cahill from going to the Asian Cup, to be played in Qatar from January 7 to 29, he is insisting Everton shouldn't pay his wages while he's away, the Liverpool Echo has reported.

"They are due to take Tim mid to late December and depending how far they go in the tournament will determine how long he is away," Moyes said.

"I'm trying to delay him going until January and will do the best I can but I think it's unfair.

"I just feel in this world where money is so tight for clubs, someone might say if you want to play in that tournament then there will be no wages in that month.

"We can't stop you playing for your country, but maybe there are no wages.

"If 10 Australians were playing in Europe, then surely they couldn't afford to pay their wages each for the month.

"If you were an owner of a club, you would be disappointed about paying the wages of these players and not getting the benefit of them all that time."

Everton must release Cahill for the tournament as it is FIFA-protected.

"Socceroos coach Holger Osieck will name the best possible squad available for Qatar and expects teams like Everton to fall into line," an FFA spokesman said.

"The Asian tournament is the second most important tournament for Australia soccer behind the World Cup and we expect European managers who have Socceroos on their books to adhere to FIFA's regulations, as does the A-League when it comes to releasing players for events such as the African Cup of Nations."

Moyes is used to losing players to the African Cup of Nations during the domestic season, but this will be the first time Cahill, who has six goals for the Toffees this season, would be lost to the club for such a long stretch.

The Socceroos have only been part of the Asian Confederation since they made the switch from Oceania three years ago.

Cahill played in the 2007 Asian Cup, but that was played during the English off-season.

"Tim is massively important for us and is going to be a really big miss," Moyes said.

"When we don't have him, we miss him."

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/sport/moyes-threat-to-withhold-cahills-wages/story-fn63e0vj-1225957982875

Number of posts : 40811

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  BB Sun 21 Nov 2010, 6:00 pm

The world really needs to come together and play all their league games at the same time, such is the world connection within football, and the inevitable costs that go hand in hand with the game. If they can't do that, then there should be a closer look at the use of foreign players in what is a professional league with fans expecting to watch the players within it. Moyes has a decision to make in January regarding selection, but on the bright side, I don't think Cahills goals are enough to warrant a first team place, and not having him in the team may force Moyes' hand to play guys who deserve to be in, and not guys who seem to be 'contracted' to be in. I've always said I'd rather have a second striker playing in Cahills position.
BB
BB

Number of posts : 2456
Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 16  Next