606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

17: Tim Cahill - Scores (on FIFA XII at least)

+47
Armchair
Barry Horne's Equaliser
Qld Toffee
Goodison_Gringo
Yankthattoffee
hairy cataract
Made 4 Gwladys
Sack the Juggler
Helenqu
VenezuelaBlue
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
Mr_Ben
ToffeeDan
SEFTON
Lumper
jags
Margate Blue
Michael Crosby S74
Kilted_Toffee
Blue gazza
Dixie Land
Bryan
Cahill the Great
notepad
Sheep Flavour
toffee_pies
paul
Gravy & Chips
Tonteau
Statman
Diamond
Valentino Blue
Top Balcony Blue
BB
Albert
Bluey
Da Judge
Gazbow
The Griffin
Riggy
MagicMike
fatboblatch
Brummie No Mates
detroitblue
duncs pigeons
Landon_toffee
MyBlueToothBrush
51 posters

Page 6 of 16 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 16  Next

Go down

17: Tim Cahill - Scores (on FIFA XII at least) - Page 6 Empty Re: 17: Tim Cahill - Scores (on FIFA XII at least)

Post  Armchair Mon 10 May 2010, 1:58 pm

It does sound a bit odd but I think Cahill is the sort of player who can play on well into his thirties, ala Scholes.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22536
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

17: Tim Cahill - Scores (on FIFA XII at least) - Page 6 Empty Re: 17: Tim Cahill - Scores (on FIFA XII at least)

Post  Tonteau Mon 10 May 2010, 2:11 pm

Armchair Evertonian wrote:It does sound a bit odd but I think Cahill is the sort of player who can play on well into his thirties, ala Scholes.

Not a bad shout, i think when he starts to feel his age more he'll be best used as an impact sub. On for 15 minutes and getting on the end of a few tasty crosses/set pieces.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15978
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Top Balcony Blue Mon 10 May 2010, 2:30 pm

Don't remember Fergie tying down Giggs and Scholes on long-term contracts like this, but I might be wrong.
Top Balcony Blue
Top Balcony Blue

Number of posts : 9812
Registration date : 2005-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Mon 10 May 2010, 2:41 pm

Top Balcony Blue wrote:Don't remember Fergie tying down Giggs and Scholes on long-term contracts like this, but I might be wrong.

Yeah, but playing for various championships holds a bit more sway than fighting for 4th place and hoping for a cup run. Cahill could get a move to plenty of clubs, it's important to get him tied down. He'll only be 34 when the contract expires, not ancient by any means.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Back to top Go down

Post  BB Mon 10 May 2010, 8:40 pm

treblA wrote:
UWIST61 wrote:
treblA wrote:whats the point in giving a 30 year old a 4 year deal?

Because when he does leave - and he will one day... he will be under contract and we can get something approaching that which we paid for him...

i dunno whether we will though if he's saying that he wants to go and play in oz after us.

at least with cahill you know he's going to give 100% for the 4 years (im looking at you saha).

i just dont think he's had a great season this time round (its allowed) and is he going to get any better over the next 4 years?

i like the fella, and think he's a valuable player for us, im just wondering about the length of the deal

I'm not sure he does give 100%, or even if his 100% would be good enough even if he did.
As a goal scorer, he chips in pretty well, but as an overall footballer, he isn't good enough in my opinion. When he doesn't score, his play is generally below the standard we need. As for saying 'it's allowed', regarding his form this season, I don't think it is, and for a guy on a reputed £60k per week, there should be no bad seasons.
I hope he has been given a new 4 year deal to push his price up, as he shouldn't be in the starting eleven when all are fit. Only my opinion of course.
BB
BB

Number of posts : 2456
Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Bluey Mon 10 May 2010, 9:42 pm

BB wrote:
treblA wrote:
UWIST61 wrote:

Because when he does leave - and he will one day... he will be under contract and we can get something approaching that which we paid for him...

i dunno whether we will though if he's saying that he wants to go and play in oz after us.

at least with cahill you know he's going to give 100% for the 4 years (im looking at you saha).

i just dont think he's had a great season this time round (its allowed) and is he going to get any better over the next 4 years?

i like the fella, and think he's a valuable player for us, im just wondering about the length of the deal

I'm not sure he does give 100%, or even if his 100% would be good enough even if he did.
As a goal scorer, he chips in pretty well, but as an overall footballer, he isn't good enough in my opinion. When he doesn't score, his play is generally below the standard we need. As for saying 'it's allowed', regarding his form this season, I don't think it is, and for a guy on a reputed £60k per week, there should be no bad seasons.
I hope he has been given a new 4 year deal to push his price up, as he shouldn't be in the starting eleven when all are fit. Only my opinion of course.

I agree with that, with one caveat, he does it against top teams. Not all players can do that. I'd sell him.
Bluey
Bluey

Number of posts : 23509
Registration date : 2005-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Bryan Mon 10 May 2010, 9:45 pm

BB wrote:
treblA wrote:
UWIST61 wrote:

im gobsmacked at that statement, granted - i like the guy, but jesus christ what more do you want for £1.5, i cant name a player above him who pound for pound has provided more goals and assists and teamwork.

Bryan

Number of posts : 14338
Registration date : 2006-01-30

http://www.nba.com/heat/

Back to top Go down

Post  Bluey Mon 10 May 2010, 9:56 pm

Bryan wrote:
BB wrote:
treblA wrote:
UWIST61 wrote:

im gobsmacked at that statement, granted - i like the guy, but jesus christ what more do you want for £1.5, i cant name a player above him who pound for pound has provided more goals and assists and teamwork.
Costing £3 million a year?
Bluey
Bluey

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land Mon 10 May 2010, 9:59 pm

The bloke is a legend and deserves his contract. He still offers us a hell of a lot and has won us countless points singlehandedly. Im made up that he will be here for another 4 years and will probably end his pro career with us. He is one of the main reasons why we have gone from relegation fodder to Euro hopefuls.
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20992
Registration date : 2006-01-07

http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz Mon 10 May 2010, 10:03 pm

Got to love carlo nash milking the end of season lap. Last one off the pitch yesterday lol!

Number of posts : 26901
Registration date : 2006-01-22

http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Post  Bluey Mon 10 May 2010, 10:06 pm

Dixie Land wrote:The bloke is a legend and deserves his contract. He still offers us a hell of a lot and has won us countless points singlehandedly. Im made up that he will be here for another 4 years and will probably end his pro career with us. He is one of the main reasons why we have gone from relegation fodder to Euro hopefuls.

Genuinely, I think he forces a 451 system, when that isn't the expansive way to win games. Often he his least substituted, when there are strikers on the bench. It is a negative way of playing football, but positive when away from home for us and also International teams play similar systems. Cahill is not really that good. He has two major skills, off the pitch with his team mates an his heading ability. Both defensively and offensively.
Bluey
Bluey

Back to top Go down

Post  BB Mon 10 May 2010, 10:38 pm

Bryan wrote:
BB wrote:
treblA wrote:
UWIST61 wrote:

The cost price is irrelevant really, and as has been stated, his wages alone are 3.5 mill each season so no wonder he loves us lol. This season he has been very poor, though he perked up a little towards the end. I'm not saying he is better or worse than other players when it comes to consistancy, but he is regarding footballing skills, and unless we can get crosses in the box he is fairly redundant. It's not like we are struggling for talent in midfield at the moment. If we want to win the league, or qualify as a top 4 finisher, players need to be better all rounders. By his own admission he is not great without Arteta, so maybe Arteta should get half his wages. Laughing
BB
BB

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land Mon 10 May 2010, 10:41 pm

BB wrote:
Bryan wrote:
BB wrote:
treblA wrote:
UWIST61 wrote:

The cost price is irrelevant really, and as has been stated, his wages alone are 3.5 mill each season so no wonder he loves us lol. This season he has been very poor, though he perked up a little towards the end. I'm not saying he is better or worse than other players when it comes to consistancy, but he is regarding footballing skills, and unless we can get crosses in the box he is fairly redundant. It's not like we are struggling for talent in midfield at the moment. If we want to win the league, or qualify as a top 4 finisher, players need to be better all rounders. By his own admission he is not great without Arteta, so maybe Arteta should get half his wages. Laughing

I think there are a lot more important positions to strengthen before replacing Cahill IMO. Right back is the obvious one. I like Hibbo but I really dont want to see him turn out for us again, he is not a Premier League player. Osman also does not quite make the mark, he may be suited to the likes of Wigan but if we are looking to get into the top 4 then we should have better. Our striking options also need improving. Saha has had an awful end to the season and cannot be relied on being fit all season. Yakubu is always going to be inconsistant as well.
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20992
Registration date : 2006-01-07

http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

Post  BB Mon 10 May 2010, 11:03 pm

Dixie Land wrote:
BB wrote:
Bryan wrote:
BB wrote:
treblA wrote:
UWIST61 wrote:

I think there are a lot more important positions to strengthen before replacing Cahill IMO. Right back is the obvious one. I like Hibbo but I really dont want to see him turn out for us again, he is not a Premier League player. Osman also does not quite make the mark, he may be suited to the likes of Wigan but if we are looking to get into the top 4 then we should have better. Our striking options also need improving. Saha has had an awful end to the season and cannot be relied on being fit all season. Yakubu is always going to be inconsistant as well.

I think Saha or even Yakubu will be subject to speculation in the next window. Saha is possibly our most skillful footballer when the ball is at his feet, but I can't see him or Moyes turning down a good move opportunity. Yak is a difficult one to call, but we need to be less sensitive to change as Everton fans. We're a sentimental bunch, but the club have to be ruthless when dealing with such high cost players which is why Cahills contract talks suprise me somewhat.
I just hope it's not to appease the fans over some forthcoming bad news.
BB
BB

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? Tue 11 May 2010, 1:25 am

Bluejags wrote:Got to love carlo nash milking the end of season lap. Last one off the pitch yesterday lol!

Fan. Signing a contract to be a reserve was the only way he could wangle a run around the park with his heroes.
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Number of posts : 17435
Registration date : 2006-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Top Balcony Blue Tue 11 May 2010, 9:12 am

Watched his DVD last night, the unseen journey or whatever its called. It was very good.
Top Balcony Blue
Top Balcony Blue

Number of posts : 9812
Registration date : 2005-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Tue 11 May 2010, 9:47 am

Top Balcony Blue wrote:Watched his DVD last night, the unseen journey or whatever its called. It was very good.

I didn't realise Carlo Nash had a DVD out. Is it packed full of highlights of his best bench-warming moments?
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Tue 11 May 2010, 10:57 am

mindyerho? wrote:
Bluejags wrote:Got to love carlo nash milking the end of season lap. Last one off the pitch yesterday lol!

Fan. Signing a contract to be a reserve was the only way he could wangle a run around the park with his heroes.

We'd all have done it. Warming the bench at wigan or goodison park? Your call.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Tue 11 May 2010, 11:09 am

Blueyaletdinov wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:The bloke is a legend and deserves his contract. He still offers us a hell of a lot and has won us countless points singlehandedly. Im made up that he will be here for another 4 years and will probably end his pro career with us. He is one of the main reasons why we have gone from relegation fodder to Euro hopefuls.

Genuinely, I think he forces a 451 system, when that isn't the expansive way to win games. Often he his least substituted, when there are strikers on the bench. It is a negative way of playing football, but positive when away from home for us and also International teams play similar systems. Cahill is not really that good. He has two major skills, off the pitch with his team mates an his heading ability. Both defensively and offensively.

I don't, I just think the 4-5-1 system suits us best. Our best players are midfielders and our two best strikers aren't mobile enough to warrant playing 4-4-2. I think some people have a negative view of 4-5-1, but in reality we play our best football with that formation, home or away. True, Cahill isn't the most cultured player we have, but I think he's a lot better than many people give him credit for. His nice shift of feet to put Pienaar through against arsenal, the backheel for Pienaar against Sporting and the dummy for Arteta aginst Man City, all show the kind of thing few people give him credit for, excellent awareness around the box. He's a great player and deserves his contract.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Tue 11 May 2010, 11:42 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEAVNXlLNO0&feature=related

Sign him cheers
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Tue 11 May 2010, 12:20 pm

Armchair Evertonian wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEAVNXlLNO0&feature=related

Sign him cheers

Shit, isn't he. Rolling Eyes
Tonteau
Tonteau

Back to top Go down

Post  Albert Tue 11 May 2010, 1:57 pm

Tonteau wrote:
Armchair Evertonian wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEAVNXlLNO0&feature=related

Sign him cheers

i dont think anyone has said he's shit
Albert
Albert

Number of posts : 15653
Registration date : 2006-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Tue 11 May 2010, 4:47 pm

treblA wrote:
Tonteau wrote:

Sign him cheers

I refer you back to your earlier post:

treblA wrote:whats the point in giving a 30 year old a 4 year deal? especially when he is shit, overpaid and Australian. Did I mention he is shit?
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Bryan Tue 11 May 2010, 4:56 pm

Armchair Evertonian wrote:
treblA wrote:
Tonteau wrote:

Sign him cheers

I refer you back to your earlier post:

treblA wrote:whats the point in giving a 30 year old a 4 year deal? especially when he is shit, overpaid and Australian. Did I mention he is shit?

Yeah, and you went on to further say

treblA wrote:anyone called cahill is fucking shit please don't give him anymore money he is total shit

Bryan

Number of posts : 14338
Registration date : 2006-01-30

http://www.nba.com/heat/

Back to top Go down

Post  Albert Tue 11 May 2010, 6:03 pm

Laughing

you guyyyyyyyyyyyysssssss
Albert
Albert

Number of posts : 15653
Registration date : 2006-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 16 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 16  Next