606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic

+43
hairy cataract
Cahill the Great
Sack the Juggler
SEFTON
Knight of Thorgothshire
tadpole
Dixie Land
Armchair
Made 4 Gwladys
Michael Crosby S74
The President
Da Judge
notepad
Barry Horne's Equaliser
Albert
Bryan
Mr_Ben
Statman
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
Helenqu
Lumper
Tonteau
RhinoJagz
Blue gazza
Valentino Blue
Hinchcliffe Corner
Diamond
BB
El Pablo
Garry Adams
Top Balcony Blue
The Griffin
Bluey
Sheep Flavour
duncs pigeons
SouthernSmugToffee
blueFire
Brummie No Mates
MagicMike
detroitblue
paul
Luka Perfect
toffee_pies
47 posters

Page 3 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic - Page 3 Empty PHIL NEVILLE-- THE TRUTH

Post  Blue gazza Fri 20 Nov - 13:59

18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic - Page 3 Icon_biggrin 18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic - Page 3 Icon_biggrin 18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic - Page 3 Icon_biggrin 18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic - Page 3 Icon_biggrin

came across this and i thought it quite funny 18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic - Page 3 Confused 18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic - Page 3 Confused

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gr74y9OMHlo&feature=fvhl
Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 8009
Registration date : 2005-10-17

Back to top Go down

18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic - Page 3 Empty Re: 18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic

Post  Blue gazza Fri 20 Nov - 14:04

the real interview type thing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWAAUIWCmsc&feature=related
Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Back to top Go down

18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic - Page 3 Empty Re: 18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Fri 20 Nov - 14:56

Are they still doing these kind of interviews? Obviously this one is rather old.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74368

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic - Page 3 Empty Neville

Post  duncs pigeons Tue 24 Nov - 14:00

Another minor op for Nevile...getting silly now

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/pienaar-could-face-hull.html
duncs pigeons
duncs pigeons

Number of posts : 214
Registration date : 2008-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz Tue 24 Nov - 14:04

I wonder who is best now at ProEvo? Osman, Pienaar, Neville, Victor, Vaughan, Jagielka or Neville?

Number of posts : 26901
Registration date : 2006-01-22

http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Tue 24 Nov - 14:10

Bluejaguar wrote:I wonder who is best now at ProEvo? Osman, Pienaar, Neville, Victor, Vaughan, Jagielka or Neville?

Arteta, that's why he went off to Spain to try and find some better competition.
Super
Super

Number of posts : 38095
Registration date : 2005-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Tue 24 Nov - 15:16

Super wrote:
Bluejaguar wrote:I wonder who is best now at ProEvo? Osman, Pienaar, Neville, Victor, Vaughan, Jagielka or Neville?

Arteta, that's why he went off to Spain to try and find some better competition.

when did we sign gary? affraid
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 10599
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza Tue 24 Nov - 15:29

sefton-park-blues wrote:
Super wrote:

don't even joke about it
Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  The Griffin Tue 24 Nov - 15:30

YAKUBLUE wrote:
sefton-park-blues wrote:
Super wrote:

don't even joke about it

Chuckle Laughing
The Griffin
The Griffin

Number of posts : 4994
Registration date : 2008-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Albert Tue 24 Nov - 15:43

why after all this time do they decide he needs an op?

i never thought id be clamouring for neville to come back but we need him desperately. no bite in our current midfield.
Albert
Albert

Number of posts : 15653
Registration date : 2006-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Tue 24 Nov - 15:53

YAKUBLUE wrote:
sefton-park-blues wrote:
Super wrote:

don't even joke about it

behave your self lad,the joke was on the repeat of nevilles name,so don't get a cob on with me .
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 10599
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Bryan Tue 24 Nov - 16:58

*slits wrists*

Bryan

Number of posts : 14338
Registration date : 2006-01-30

http://www.nba.com/heat/

Back to top Go down

18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic - Page 3 Empty WHY PHIL NEVILLE WILL NEVER FORGET HIS ROOTS

Post  Super Sun 13 Dec - 20:51

EVERTON'S Phil Neville talks about all things Everton and his time with Manchester United in a revealing interview. The former England international admits he has had to bawl out some of the youngsters at Goodison Park and pinpoints the moment he won knew he'd won over the Toffees fans.

YOU could have been a professional cricketer. Why did you choose football?
I enjoyed cricket more than football as a 10-year-old kid. I was picked for England Boys but when I reached 14 my cricket and football meant I missed a lot of school time. The decision was made easy for me. United offered me a contract at 16, but it was unheard of for Lancashire to offer any at that age.

WERE you offered a contract because you were Gary's younger brother?
Gary is two years older but at the time I was playing in the youth team with him so that's why United offered me a two-year YTS and two-year professional contract.

IS there a rivalry between you?
No! In one sense we have been rivals because we've always been challenging for full-back positions for both club and country, but we have never seen ourselves like that. Our parents never encouraged rivalry between us and we've always supported each other. We've been the best of friends throughout our lives.

YOU were born in Bury. Are you proud of your home town?
Without a doubt! I've always been proud of my roots. Proud that Mum still works for Bury Football Club today - as does Grandma and my auntie and uncle. My father also did for a long time. I've even put it in my will that, God forbid, if anything ever happens to me, that wherever I am in the world, I want to be brought home and buried in Bury. It's something that's so important to me. I love going back to Bury to visit family - it keeps me grounded.

THERE'S a rumour Bury has a secret benefactor. Is it you or Gary?
No. We have been asked to buy the club in the past but it would be too difficult for us. Bury are struggling financially and I don't want to be the person who has to say: "Sell the stadium, sell the ground, sack the manager." I love Bury. Gary and I do as much as we can to help them, but we would never buy the club.

BUT Premier League players earn enough in a year to keep Bury going. Does this bother you?
With the amount of money that Premier League clubs earn - I mean, if a club earns £50million from TV rights and sponsorship in a season - surely each club could donate £1m to the lower divisions. It saddens me that when I visit Mum at Bury, the stadium looks the same as it did some 20 years ago. Even buying toilet rolls and a tin of paint is difficult. I wish a lot more things could be done to help the smaller clubs.

SO do you ever feel guilty about the amount of money you earn?
I never feel guilty because I work extremely hard and I've had to sacrifice a lot. It's not my fault there's a lot of money within the game. The players certainly deserve some of that pot. I do get paid an awful lot of money, but I hope that by keeping myself grounded, it doesn't change me.

DO you still have any affection for United?
I still support Man United, always have and always will. That's life. When I joined Everton, it was always a bugbear for a lot of fans and it took me a while to win them over. The love for your team, like your first girlfriend, never goes.

YOU had a glittering time at United, didn't you?
I could not have asked for anything more. But, honestly, if you asked me what medals I won there, I couldn't tell you. The medals were the pinnacle, but the friends, the enjoyment I got out of playing over there for such a long time, was just amazing. I made friends who will be friends until the day I die and the memories will last forever. I was so successful, part of a generation of players who put Manchester United back on the map and started the most successful period in the club's history. So I am so proud of that and nobody can ever take that away from me. David Beckham, Ryan Giggs, Paul Scholes, Nicky Butt, my brother - you are talking about superstars, the best players in the game over the last decade - and they're also my close friends who would die for you on the pitch and be there for you off it. It was an unbelievable set of players. It was such a freak of nature and I was so lucky to be part of it.

WHO was the best you ever played with?
Ryan Giggs. He's my hero. I grew up loving Bryan Robson. Now I just look at Ryan Giggs and think he's the greatest player ever to play for Man United. I know United have had some great players, but he's won everything, he's broken almost every record, so he stands alone now as probably one of the greatest players who has ever lived. And I was fortunate enough to play with him and fortunate enough to call him my friend. Even now, he is still putting in unbelievable performances. If young players need to know how to live their lifes, they should look no further than Ryan Giggs. He is the real football superstar. Ryan had personality in the dressing room - strength and mental toughness - but that and his skill on the pitch was even greater. The minute they went over that white line, they were all great players. Nicky Butt had the best temperament to play in any arena in the world. Scholesy has been one of the best midfield players in the world, Becks is just an absolute superstar, a phenomenon.
Gary is, without doubt, one of the most consistent full-backs in world football. Those are the players I grew up with and the cherry on the cake is Ryan Giggs. But Nicky and Giggsy were also the biggest pranksters. Once we were staying at a hotel in Sunderland that had been converted from an old castle. The place was said to be haunted. Gary and I were strolling across the courtyard in the dark after tea when two blokes with pillow cases over their heads jumped out on us. They got hold of us and said they were kidnapping us and, I'll be honest, we almost crapped ourselves.
Then we heard Giggsy and Butty laughing - they'd put members of the hotel staff up to it.

HAVE you been surprised by Beckham's global success?
The most important thing for David is still his football. You can see the sacrifices he's making even now in Los Angeles. He wants to go to the World Cup so he's signed for AC Milan. It means again leaving his family behind in LA for almost six months. That is some sacrifice to make when you're 35 and you don't need to do it any more. But he has that drive to be the greatest England player of all time. The way he keeps going, flying back and forth from LA to play for England and still perform the way that he does, is incredible. You can try Aaron Lennon, Shaun Wright-Phillips and Jermaine Jenas but they are not as good as David Beckham. That shows when David comes on for England and turns on the business.

BECKHAM'S critics insist his wife Victoria has been a bad influence on him. Do you think that's true?
To me they look the perfect partnership. They're the most successful man and wife in sport and in showbiz. They're still together today and they've got three lovely kids so they must be doing something right. They're hugely successful and behind every good man there's a strong woman. They are just a fantastic couple. If you've grown up with David you don't see him as a superstar - you just see him as David Beckham, the Man United fan from Essex.

WHAT do you think of United manager Sir Alex Ferguson?
He's someone that if I was in any kind of trouble I could still go and see him. I speak to him now and again. I wish him all the best, I congratulate him on championships and he wishes me all the best, like he did in last season's FA Cup Final against Chelsea. We have an unbelievable respect for each other. He did so much for me that I'll be indebted to him for the rest of my life. If he walks in the room, even though I am 32 now, it's still like seeing my headmaster. I still call him 'Boss'. He is the absolute pinnacle of what a manager should be. I'm lucky, really, because I'm now working with a manager in David Moyes who is similar in his drive and determination.

WAS it tough to leave United?
The toughest thing I've ever done. I could have stayed at Old Trafford, I was under no pressure to leave. The hardest part was leaving my friends and my brother. For 16 years, Gary and I spent every day together and I took it for granted that I would see him every day.

YOU'RE a very close-knit family aren't you?
Yes. We have family meals every week. We are very close with my twin sister Tracy, too - even though she has seen every game we have played for England but we have only seen three of the 111 times she has played netball for England.

WHAT is it like living at the top of Manchester's Beethan Tower skyscraper?
I love it. There is nothing else like it in Manchester. I've always wanted to live in a skyscraper, higher than everybody else.

DO you ever worry about something like 9/11 happening?
My daughter is disabled and my wife Julia said: "If there is a fire, how do we get Isabella down the steps?" The developers assured us that, in the event of a fire, the first port of call for the firemen would be to take us down in the fire lift.

DO you like the attitude and values of the older generation?
Definitely. It's something that has been drilled into me since day one. I was in Everton's gym the other day, and some of the younger players came in, trained with some footballs but all left without picking them up. So I went after them and frog-marched the whole 20 of them back into the gym and made them pick them all up. They looked at me as though I had a horn in the middle of my head, but it was something that was important to me and should have been important to them - the old-style values of respect.

DO you want to become a manager?
Coaching or managing is my passion. Since I came to Everton I've got really into it. The Boss is at me all the time to get my coaching badges but I still have big playing ambitions left.

WHAT have been the highlights of your career?
I've had two. First, pulling on that United jersey for the first time. I'll never forget it. Second, scoring against United in last season's FA Cup semi-final penalty shoot-out victory at Wembley and not celebrating. It was the moment I finally won over the Everton fans. But at the same time I also gained the respect of the United fans because I wasn't celebrating in their faces.

YOU haven't picked out any individual honour?
No. Individual honours have never interested me. I see some people who win a game but they don't score and they're unhappy. That makes me feel ill because if it's a choice between the team winning and me not playing or the team not winning and me playing, then I'd rather the team win and me not play. It's always WE before ME. Winning trophies was special but the most important thing was being part of a team.
Super
Super

Number of posts : 38095
Registration date : 2005-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sun 13 Dec - 23:39

I like Pip, and hope he'll be back in the team before too long.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Sun 13 Dec - 23:59

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:I like Pip, and hope he'll be back in the team before too long.

Great professional. Only a player like him could turn our fans round to liking him. Bags of experience, maybe a coaching role when he retires?
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15978
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  The Griffin Mon 14 Dec - 7:45

BUT Premier League players earn enough in a year to keep Bury going. Does this bother you?
With the amount of money that Premier League clubs earn - I mean, if a club earns £50million from TV rights and sponsorship in a season - surely each club could donate £1m to the lower divisions. It saddens me that when I visit Mum at Bury, the stadium looks the same as it did almost 20 years ago. Even buying toilet rolls and a tin of paint is difficult. I wish a lot more things could be done to help the smaller clubs.

Home from home, eh Pip! Laughing
The Griffin
The Griffin

Number of posts : 4994
Registration date : 2008-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Mon 14 Dec - 14:01

The Griffin wrote:BUT Premier League players earn enough in a year to keep Bury going. Does this bother you?
With the amount of money that Premier League clubs earn - I mean, if a club earns £50million from TV rights and sponsorship in a season - surely each club could donate £1m to the lower divisions. It saddens me that when I visit Mum at Bury, the stadium looks the same as it did almost 20 years ago. Even buying toilet rolls and a tin of paint is difficult. I wish a lot more things could be done to help the smaller clubs.

Home from home, eh Pip! Laughing
That's a hard question to asnwer to be fair. I mean, I'm sure he gets approached on a fairly regular basis about donating money and what now. Not sure what he does in that regard.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Top Balcony Blue Mon 14 Dec - 14:08

Knackered after reading all those Everton-related questions Rolling Eyes
Top Balcony Blue
Top Balcony Blue

Number of posts : 9812
Registration date : 2005-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Lumper Mon 14 Dec - 21:05

When's Pip back playing?
Lumper
Lumper

Number of posts : 6841
Registration date : 2007-12-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge Mon 14 Dec - 21:07

Sahaclaus wrote:When's Pip back playing?

We were kinda hoping you'd tell us SahaClaus.....

The man who is prepared to wear a Shoite top IF, AND ONLY IF, you are prepared to cough the £25,000. Its true it was broadcast on National Radio!!
Da Judge
Da Judge

Number of posts : 9782
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://mlb.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Back to top Go down

Post  Lumper Mon 14 Dec - 21:12

UWIST61 wrote:
Sahaclaus wrote:When's Pip back playing?

We were kinda hoping you'd tell us SahaClaus.....

You're on the nauty list. No presents for you.
Lumper
Lumper

Back to top Go down

Post  Lumper Mon 14 Dec - 21:31

For all the good children. I got this off Physioroom.com

D Gosling Hamstring Injury 20th Dec 09
S Distin Hamstring Injury 20th Dec 09
J Vaughan Knee Injury no return date
L Osman Ankle/Foot Injury 20th Dec 09
P P Neville PCL Tear 26th Dec 09
J Yobo Hamstring Injury 28th Dec 09
V Anichebe Knee Injury 9th Jan 10
P Jagielka ACL Knee Injury 9th Jan 10
M Arteta ACL Knee Injury 9th Jan 10
Lumper
Lumper

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz Mon 14 Dec - 21:35

Sahaclaus wrote:For all the good children. I got this off Physioroom.com

There should be an open top bus parade for Arteta and Jagielka on Jan 9th!

Anichebe........ Not so much

Number of posts : 26901
Registration date : 2006-01-22

http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Post  Lumper Mon 14 Dec - 22:04

Coleman's mustard wrote:

The Yak might be match fit by then as well.

There should be an open top bus parade for Arteta and Jagielka on Jan 9th!

Anichebe........ Not so much
Lumper
Lumper

Back to top Go down

Post  Bryan Tue 15 Dec - 9:02

You can also click here.

http://www.606evertonians.com/Injuries-h2.htm

Merry Christmas... santa

Bryan

Number of posts : 14338
Registration date : 2006-01-30

http://www.nba.com/heat/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next