606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

16: Jermaine Beckford - Fox in the Box

+44
Super
Gravy & Chips
Hinchcliffe Corner
My other LB is a Ferrari
tadpole
Doc( Ninetoes )blue
Goodison_Gringo
Brummie No Mates
Da Judge
Cahill the Great
Tonteau
Barry Horne's Equaliser
Diamond
BB
Armchair
Knight of Thorgothshire
RhinoJagz
The Griffin
Bluey
Sack the Juggler
SEFTON
Top Balcony Blue
SouthernSmugToffee
MagicMike
Dixie Land
Michael Crosby S74
Gazbow
Blue gazza
Bryan
Lumper
paul
Valentino Blue
Sheep Flavour
ToffeeDan
notepad
Albert
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
Luka Perfect
Statman
yankthetoffee
toffee_pies
hairy cataract
Helenqu
He's Our Tater Not Yours
48 posters

Page 13 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Go down

16: Jermaine Beckford - Fox in the Box - Page 13 Empty Re: 16: Jermaine Beckford - Fox in the Box

Post  Dixie Land Sat 05 Feb 2011, 5:41 pm

BB wrote:I've backed this lad up since day one, and he's starting to repay my faith in him. Is it time to play 2 strikers?

Great finish from him today. He seems to make more of an impact from the bench at the moment but is going the right way to get a starting position.
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20992
Registration date : 2006-01-07

http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

16: Jermaine Beckford - Fox in the Box - Page 13 Empty Re: 16: Jermaine Beckford - Fox in the Box

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sat 05 Feb 2011, 5:43 pm

Dixie Land wrote:
BB wrote:I've backed this lad up since day one, and he's starting to repay my faith in him. Is it time to play 2 strikers?

Great finish from him today. He seems to make more of an impact from the bench at the moment but is going the right way to get a starting position.
I agree Dixie... he is a good impact sub... so lively he destroys tired defenders in the last 10 minutes... he's getting his chances on target now & that's the difference... give him time before we start him... injury will happen sooner or later to Louis (unfortunately) and hopefully he'll be ready for it then

Number of posts : 40856
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz Sat 05 Feb 2011, 6:37 pm

His goals to game time along side Saha cant be too shabby now?

Number of posts : 26901
Registration date : 2006-01-22

http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Sun 06 Feb 2011, 7:44 am

I still think he will get 10 league goals this season.

Have to say his finish was quality
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Diamond Sun 06 Feb 2011, 11:13 am

I always thought people had been harsh on him, dont forget when he first started playing for us in August as a team we playing shit and the system we played with him up front alone was alien to him....his confidence must have been crushed a bit, also its always hard coming on for ten mines at the end og games and try and get us points.

some of the goals he has scored like the Bolton and Liverpool one and the one yesterday shows me he has got something. I still have high hopes for him but maybe next season will be when we start seeing him peform better
Diamond
Diamond

Number of posts : 1941

Back to top Go down

Post  BB Sun 06 Feb 2011, 2:55 pm

I don't get these strange claims that noone celebrates with him. scratch It is clear to see the players celebrating in replays.
BB
BB

Number of posts : 2456
Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  My other LB is a Ferrari Sun 06 Feb 2011, 2:59 pm

BB wrote:I don't get these strange claims that noone celebrates with him. scratch It is clear to see the players celebrating in replays.

Yeah. It was great to see this time !!

My other LB is a Ferrari
My other LB is a Ferrari

Number of posts : 1307
Registration date : 2006-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post  BB Sun 06 Feb 2011, 5:31 pm

My other LB is a Ferrari wrote:
BB wrote:I don't get these strange claims that noone celebrates with him. scratch It is clear to see the players celebrating in replays.

Which game haven't they celebrated with him?
BB
BB

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sun 06 Feb 2011, 5:35 pm

BB wrote:

Based on what I have seen in previous games, he's been by himself after scoring a goal. Maybe the cameras just missed the other players running up to him. 16: Jermaine Beckford - Fox in the Box - Page 13 Confused
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74366

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  BB Sun 06 Feb 2011, 5:41 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
BB wrote:

Based on what I have seen in previous games, he's been by himself after scoring a goal. Maybe the cameras just missed the other players running up to him. 16: Jermaine Beckford - Fox in the Box - Page 13 Confused

It shouldn't be too tricky to check really lol.

http://www.evertonresults.com/201011.htm
BB
BB

Back to top Go down

Post  BB Sun 06 Feb 2011, 6:12 pm

Goal 1: v Huddersfield

Goal 2: v Bolton

Goal 3: v Chelsea

Goal 4: v Scunthorpe

Goal 5: v Liverpool
http://www.caughtoffside.com/2011/01/16/liverpool-2-2-everton-premier-league-highlights-video/

Goal 6: v Blackpool

Difficult to tell in the Chelsea, Scunthorpe, and Liverpool from the videos, but I can't imagine noone celebrating with a player at Everton football club.
BB
BB

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sun 27 Feb 2011, 12:09 am

Well done JB.. could have had more as well.. energetic & clever running.. I can see a blue future for you my boy Cool

Number of posts : 40856

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Sun 27 Feb 2011, 6:41 pm

Couple of scrappy finishes yesterday, but who cares.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15978
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  SouthernSmugToffee Sun 27 Feb 2011, 6:52 pm

Tonteau wrote:Couple of scrappy finishes yesterday, but who cares.

But Beckford was 'Johnny on the spot' for both. Smile
SouthernSmugToffee
SouthernSmugToffee

Number of posts : 3935
Registration date : 2008-01-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Sun 27 Feb 2011, 8:03 pm

You saw the problem when he properly connects with the ball, though: Smashes it straight over the crossbar. Maybe scuffing the ball should be his tactic from now on.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Back to top Go down

Post  The President Sun 27 Feb 2011, 8:39 pm

Tonteau wrote:You saw the problem when he properly connects with the ball, though: Smashes it straight over the crossbar. Maybe scuffing the ball should be his tactic from now on.

20-25 scuffs a season will do for me
The President
The President

Number of posts : 11907
Registration date : 2005-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Sun 27 Feb 2011, 9:20 pm

The President wrote:
Tonteau wrote:You saw the problem when he properly connects with the ball, though: Smashes it straight over the crossbar. Maybe scuffing the ball should be his tactic from now on.

For sure! cheers
Tonteau
Tonteau

Back to top Go down

Post  Albert Sun 27 Feb 2011, 9:40 pm

Tonteau wrote:
The President wrote:

For sure! cheers

maybe he's that good his scuffs are intentional to confuse the goalkeeper?
Albert
Albert

Number of posts : 15653
Registration date : 2006-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser Sun 27 Feb 2011, 11:28 pm

treblA wrote:
Tonteau wrote:
The President wrote:

For sure! cheers

Perhaps his winner against Blackpool was a double scuff, in that he meant to scuff it, but got it wrong and so it looked like a clean contact.

My head hurts.

Number of posts : 13161

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler Sun 27 Feb 2011, 11:53 pm

Barry Horne's Equaliser wrote:
treblA wrote:
Tonteau wrote:
The President wrote:

For sure! cheers

Perhaps his winner against Blackpool was a double scuff, in that he meant to scuff it, but got it wrong and so it looked like a clean contact.

My head hurts.
Do you mean it was a bluff scuff and that he pretended to scuff it but hit it perfectly instead? And that his second goal was a double bluff scuff, where he looked like he was going to hit it cleanly but scuffed it instead, the first goal was obviously a bluff double scuff where he used bramble for the second scuff, worth three points in billiards that shot
Sack the Juggler
Sack the Juggler

Number of posts : 25877
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Mon 28 Feb 2011, 6:04 am

Going to get the No 9 shirt next season
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Mon 28 Feb 2011, 10:21 am

Mr_Ben wrote:Going to get the No 9 shirt next season

That's a disgrace to the name of Landon Donovan.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Mon 28 Feb 2011, 10:29 am

treblA wrote:
Tonteau wrote:
The President wrote:

For sure! cheers

This morning at bellefield......

Moyes: "Wha' ohn earth are ye daen, Becks?"

Beckford: "Well, first I'm doing core strength and speed training, then I'm practising my heading and after that I'll be doing shooting practise with Louis and Victor, innit."

Moyes: "Ach naw. Sod tha owff an pactise yer scuffin, laddie. From noo ohn yer'll be scuffin nine te five."
Tonteau
Tonteau

Back to top Go down

Post  Albert Mon 28 Feb 2011, 11:07 am

Tonteau wrote:
treblA wrote:
Tonteau wrote:
The President wrote:

For sure! cheers

This morning at bellefield......

Moyes: "Wha' ohn earth are ye daen, Becks?"

Beckford: "Well, first I'm doing core strength and speed training, then I'm practising my heading and after that I'll be doing shooting practise with Louis and Victor, innit."

Moyes: "Ach naw. Sod tha owff an pactise yer scuffin, laddie. From noo ohn yer'll be scuffin nine te five."

hahahaha

(beckford goes over to scuffing section with distin (clearances) and hibbert (crossing))
Albert
Albert

Number of posts : 15653
Registration date : 2006-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Mon 28 Feb 2011, 11:12 am

Legend – Because he scored the 5000th goal at Goodison Park.
Super
Super

Number of posts : 38093
Registration date : 2005-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next