606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

16: Jermaine Beckford - Fox in the Box

Page 7 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 16  Next

Go down

16: Jermaine Beckford - Fox in the Box - Page 7 Empty Re: 16: Jermaine Beckford - Fox in the Box

Post  Super on Tue 01 Jun 2010, 11:10 am

Sack the Juggler wrote:
GRINGO wrote:
Top Balcony Blue wrote:
GRINGO wrote:jermaine beckford : not every one's cup of tea, but you got to give credit where its due,played for leeds over 100 times scoreing at least 85 goals,alot of complaints on other boards about how beckford is lazy like the yak or has a bad attitude,well wayne rooney has a bad attituce and no one complains?
so i say let moyes run the gaunlet on this up start or hell be out of the door be for he knows it.

He doesn't have a bad attitude IMO. He's a born winner and sometimes lets his will to win boil over. He's improved that a lot though.

As for Beckford, a lazy, cocky attitude won't get him anywhere at PL level so he'll know he'll have to put the work in if he wants to succeed.

so kicking you boots off and throwing tantrums isn't having a bad attitude? my point was that beckford probably felt he could play at a higher standard than with the players he was with at leeds in a lower division,as for being lazy 85 goals in 100 odd games for leeds ? as its been already said on here if beckford gets 15 goals for a player on a free in his first season we will later benefit the rewards.

Beckford is 26 he came late to professional football and he is still learning the game, I think he'll do well, and his move to Everton is all about seeing what he can personally achieve (lets face it, at his age its his last and only chance at the big time), if he does really well then I can see city or man u coming in for him and if he's on a four years, £1m a year contract, it will only cost them £4m to buy him out.

I reckon he'll start slowly and get maybe 15 goals in his first season, and build on that. I can see him being a 20 goal a season striker with the right training, don't forget he was scoring against shit keepers and shit defenses in League 1, so he's just taken a big step up and needs to work harder and be more accurate if he's going to make it in the Prem.

Cracking point mate, having watched Peterborough get back-to-back promotions to the Championship, the strikers were scoring goals for fun in the lower leagues. But when in the Championship the two main strikers only managed to score 10 & 7 goals in the league.

Hopefully with the improvement in training routines etc, Beckford will develop as a player and will be a hit for Everton.
Super
Super

Number of posts : 37119
Registration date : 2005-12-06

Back to top Go down

16: Jermaine Beckford - Fox in the Box - Page 7 Empty Re: 16: Jermaine Beckford - Fox in the Box

Post  Bluey on Tue 01 Jun 2010, 7:10 pm

For Beckford, he gets a four year deal. Retirement money. He has scored against Manu and Spurs at his current level.

What we were not was clinical this season. Ask Landon. This deal has been on the table for a while and Moyes watches and watches and watches.... It could be a timex moment for us. Very Happy If I set a target in the prem. 15 goals...
Bluey
Bluey

Number of posts : 23509
Registration date : 2005-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Thu 03 Jun 2010, 1:55 pm

Blueyaletdinov wrote:For Beckford, he gets a four year deal. Retirement money. He has scored against Manu and Spurs at his current level.

What we were not was clinical this season. Ask Landon. This deal has been on the table for a while and Moyes watches and watches and watches.... It could be a timex moment for us. Very Happy If I set a target in the prem. 15 goals...
That's a rather ambitious goal I think, but hey, he might be a starter for all I know and set the league on fire.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 70136
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  The Griffin on Mon 12 Jul 2010, 2:25 pm

Tonteau wrote:Give him the number 9 shirt.

Very Happy

He'll be wearing 16
The Griffin
The Griffin

Number of posts : 4994
Registration date : 2008-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz on Mon 12 Jul 2010, 3:00 pm

according to OS he is one of 10 strikers on our books! affraid
16: Jermaine Beckford - Fox in the Box - Page 7 Squad_10

Number of posts : 26901
Registration date : 2006-01-22

http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Mon 12 Jul 2010, 3:58 pm

Bluejags wrote:according to OS he is one of 10 strikers on our books! affraid
16: Jermaine Beckford - Fox in the Box - Page 7 Squad_10
Half of those are probbaly not going to make much of an impact...
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 70136

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  The President on Sun 25 Jul 2010, 5:34 pm

Great to see him score two good goals and he linked fairly well with Saha

Beckford had to be withdrawn minutes from the end, but the manager insists it is not a major concern.

He concluded: "There is nothing to worry about. He just got a kick on the top of his foot. He went to pull his leg back and kicked the sole of the boy's boot. But he should be okay."
The President
The President

Number of posts : 11907
Registration date : 2005-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair on Sun 25 Jul 2010, 8:19 pm

I think you'll find he actually said:

The President wrote:Great to see him score two good goals and he linked fairly well with Saha

Beckford had to be withdrawn minutes from the end, but the manager insists it is a major concern.

He concluded: "He's buggered up his ankle good 'n' proper. He's a fooking crock, just like that Vaughan lad."

Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 20298
Registration date : 2006-06-01

http://www.heavyrotation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Mon 23 Aug 2010, 11:54 pm

based on the Wolves game I think we could be in for a lot of disappointment from JB

please, please prove me wrong Jermaine
Made 4 Gwladys
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 34833

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  BB on Tue 24 Aug 2010, 12:22 am

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:based on the Wolves game I think we could be in for a lot of disappointment from JB

I thought he looked bright to be honest. Let's face it, it wasn't our day. 16: Jermaine Beckford - Fox in the Box - Page 7 Confused
BB
BB

Number of posts : 2456
Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben on Tue 24 Aug 2010, 6:44 am

BB wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:based on the Wolves game I think we could be in for a lot of disappointment from JB

I thought he looked bright to be honest. Let's face it, it wasn't our day. 16: Jermaine Beckford - Fox in the Box - Page 7 Confused

He didn't do much against a shit defence. I can hardly see many top defenders being worried playing against him.
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Diamond on Tue 24 Aug 2010, 7:23 am

BB wrote:

I think so as well, it could also be that he is better in a 442 system as well. too early to write him off yet. watching the game online it made me laugh that Trevor Francis kept refering to him as "the youngster" obviously has not done his homework on him.
Diamond
Diamond

Number of posts : 1941

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser on Tue 24 Aug 2010, 10:06 am

Diamond wrote:
BB wrote:

I think so as well, it could also be that he is better in a 442 system as well. too early to write him off yet. watching the game online it made me laugh that Trevor Francis kept refering to him as "the youngster" obviously has not done his homework on him.

Trevor Francis was so anti-Everton in his whole commentary it was unbelievable. He not only kept harping on at half time about how Wolves should be going in level because of the Cahill foul while completely ignoring the fact that it should have been a penalty anyway, and then claimed there was nothing wrong with the tackle on Heitinga in the middle of the field when clearly it was a stamp that made contact. Clueless or biased - you decide.

Number of posts : 13159
Registration date : 2005-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau on Tue 24 Aug 2010, 10:46 am

The ball bounced off him worryingly when played into feet. He can improve his first toch, but it's his decision making that looks suspect and I'm not sure you can coach that out of him. That said, once he gets his first goal, he may start to fire a bit more.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15249

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

16: Jermaine Beckford - Fox in the Box - Page 7 Empty Beckford.

Post  Tonteau on Tue 31 Aug 2010, 10:43 am

He's nowhere near good enough, is he. Worst first touch I've seen in years. If we'd played Saha from the start we'd have got something out the villa game.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Crosby S74 on Tue 31 Aug 2010, 10:50 am

He isn't a target man, Blackburn and Wolves parked the bus, especially when they scored, Beckford needs balls playng through for him.

It's weird they seem to play like Dunc is playing more when he isn't there.

Michael Crosby S74
Michael Crosby S74

Number of posts : 28005
Registration date : 2005-10-13

http://www.myspace.com/mtcefc

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz on Tue 31 Aug 2010, 10:54 am

Maybe Moyes just played him to make a point to Bill that he actually needs a decent striker today!

Number of posts : 26901
Registration date : 2006-01-22

http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau on Tue 31 Aug 2010, 10:55 am

Michael Crosby S74 wrote:He isn't a target man, Blackburn and Wolves parked the bus, especially when they scored, Beckford needs balls playng through for him.

It's weird they seem to play like Dunc is playing more when he isn't there.

Good point. It's just frustrating seeing us pass the ball to someone who it just bounces off.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Back to top Go down

Post  Valentino Blue on Tue 31 Aug 2010, 11:01 am

Saha has been shite so far though. I wouldn't say Beckford has been shite he's just not had the type of supply he needs. he's certainly put the effort in but he needs to have the ball played in behind the defence for him to run onto, with Wolves, Villa and Blackburn all sitting deep there's less space for him and the midfielders to exploit.

we need the Yak to be playing really, he's the best striker we have for linking the midfield and attack.
Valentino Blue
Valentino Blue

Number of posts : 7380
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://www.nicecupofteaandasitdown.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau on Tue 31 Aug 2010, 11:05 am

Valentino Blue wrote:Saha has been shite so far though. I wouldn't say Beckford has been shite he's just not had the type of supply he needs. he's certainly put the effort in but he needs to have the ball played in behind the defence for him to run onto, with Wolves, Villa and Blackburn all sitting deep there's less space for him and the midfielders to exploit.

we need the Yak to be playing really, he's the best striker we have for linking the midfield and attack.

Being a forward is not about putting the effort in, though. If it were Marcus Bent would be a world superstar. Strikers just need to score when they get the chance, or make a chance where there is none.

Saha forced 2 or 3 saves off Friedel in the 25 odd minutes he had on the pitch, I can't recall Beckford forcing one.

Even when he's playing shite, he's patently a far better player than Beckford.

Last edited by Tonteau on Tue 31 Aug 2010, 11:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Tonteau
Tonteau

Back to top Go down

Post  SouthernSmugToffee on Tue 31 Aug 2010, 11:07 am

Its a bit early to come to any conclusions regarding Beckford. Moyes must think he is good enough, otherwise he would be playing in the reserves now, ready for shipping out next season.

The jury is still out IMO. Neutral
SouthernSmugToffee
SouthernSmugToffee

Number of posts : 3936
Registration date : 2008-01-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Valentino Blue on Tue 31 Aug 2010, 11:09 am

Tonteau wrote:
Valentino Blue wrote:Saha has been shite so far though. I wouldn't say Beckford has been shite he's just not had the type of supply he needs. he's certainly put the effort in but he needs to have the ball played in behind the defence for him to run onto, with Wolves, Villa and Blackburn all sitting deep there's less space for him and the midfielders to exploit.

Saha forced 2 or 3 saves off Friedel in the 25 odd minutes he had on the pitch. I can't recall Beckford forcing one.

Even when he's playing shite, he's patently a far better player than Beckford.

on sunday yes he was, against wolves and Blackburn he didn't look arsed and people on here and other forums wanted him dropped for his lazy displays as beckford at least looked like he was making an effort.

maybe it's given him a kick up the arse but he wouldn't have got that kick up the arse if he hadn't been dropped

Last edited by Valentino Blue on Tue 31 Aug 2010, 11:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Valentino Blue
Valentino Blue

Number of posts : 7380
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://www.nicecupofteaandasitdown.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON on Tue 31 Aug 2010, 11:21 am

it may well be to early to judge beckford but playing a very inexperienced player on his own up front
is the reaspon we ain't scoreing,beckford is in the early days of vfinding his feet in the premiership ,
least we could do is assist is learning kerb by playing saha or the yak with him until he settles down.
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 10020
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  notepad on Tue 31 Aug 2010, 11:24 am

Saw him for Leeds against Brentford, thought he was terrible, lazy.
notepad
notepad

Number of posts : 5167

http://blogs.soccernet.com/everton/

Back to top Go down

Post  Cahill the Great on Tue 31 Aug 2010, 11:33 am

Agree - Beckford is a poor man's Defoe. He will score if you give him a chance but his hold up play is non-existent. It was stupid of Moyes to play him up front by himself against Villa. Saha and Yak are better options in a 4-5-1.
Cahill the Great
Cahill the Great

Number of posts : 3504
Registration date : 2006-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum