606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2: Tony Hibbert - He Scores When He Wants!!

+48
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
Armchair
Knight of Thorgothshire
Barry Horne's Equaliser
Made 4 Gwladys
SEFTON
toffee_pies
Hinchcliffe Corner
Yankthattoffee
WellOilBeefHooked
Blue gazza
Mr_Ben
Statman
hairy cataract
SouthernSmugToffee
Goodison_Gringo
RhinoJagz
Sack the Juggler
anticipate_the_pass
ToffeeDan
Dixie Land
Tonteau
VenezuelaBlue
Lumper
fatboblatch
notepad
Bryan
He's Our Tater Not Yours
BB
Margate Blue
The Griffin
Kilted_Toffee
Bluey
yankthetoffee
MagicMike
Valentino Blue
Top Balcony Blue
Da Judge
Albert
Gravy & Chips
callmebubbles
Brummie No Mates
Riggy
Sheep Flavour
Ol' Mother Hibbert
tadpole
Diamond
MyBlueToothBrush
52 posters

Page 7 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

2: Tony Hibbert - He Scores When He Wants!! - Page 7 Empty Re: 2: Tony Hibbert - He Scores When He Wants!!

Post  Super Mon 25 Oct 2010, 10:04 pm

Mr_Ben wrote:Super were you at the Posh match on Saturday? You would have seen Hibbert score.

Also did you shout any abuse at Paul Dickov?!

Just seen this post from a month ago. Wasn't at that game in particular when Hibbo scored as was at my mates birthday bash in Warwick/Leamington. The day when another mate lost his wedding ring in the canal.
Super
Super

Number of posts : 38095
Registration date : 2005-12-06

Back to top Go down

2: Tony Hibbert - He Scores When He Wants!! - Page 7 Empty Re: 2: Tony Hibbert - He Scores When He Wants!!

Post  Super Wed 27 Oct 2010, 11:07 am

Just need to score a goal now Hibbo...

He stopped short of labelling it a perfect week but Everton stalwart Tony Hibbert can’t have had many better.

The 29-year-old defender rounded off a ‘special’ seven days that started with the 2-0 defeat of Liverpool by penning a two-year contract extension on the eve of Saturday’s trip to Tottenham.

The right-back is a one-club man with more than 250 senior appearances under his belt – now he his keen to finish his career with his beloved Blues having committed to Goodison Park until 2014.

The Academy product told evertontv: “I have been here so long now and it is great to get another deal and extend that stay. I always wanted to, and planned to, and I am just glad the Club have asked me to stay longer.

“I would love to finish my career here. Everton is a big part of my life. I have been here since I was kid and it is great for me and for my family to be given a couple more years on top of what I have already got.

“It has been a special time – it was great news for me to get a new contract and a derby win in the same week is just fantastic.”

Hibbert was joined in agreeing terms by fellow Academy graduate Leon Osman, who has also signed a two-year extension.

The two players have almost become synonymous with the Club over the years and Hibbert admitted he was delighted to see his friend also get a new deal.

“It is nice to have been with the one club – you don’t see it very often and it is nice for myself and Ossie. We are two local lads who have come through the system and made good careers out of football and to stay with just the one club is special.

“We have been here together for a long time and I am delighted for him - he deserves it.”
Super
Super

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Wed 30 Mar 2011, 9:44 am

Tony Hibbert reaches 10yrs as a first-team player on Thursday! Bet he scores at the weekend.
Super
Super

Back to top Go down

Post  Valentino Blue Fri 01 Apr 2011, 9:52 am

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/237982/-Tony-Hibbert-Gravesen-was-better-than-Rooney-?

limited player though he may be I do like Tony Hibbert. he's a proper blue who will always put in his best effort.

“Everton have been great for me, so I would never dispute any contract,” said Hibbert. “There haven’t been issues with money, no issues with the length of the deal. I like the club. I know I am fortunate, so I wouldn’t want to take the mickey. I’ve never knocked on the manager’s door in 10 years. It’s just not me to do that. I don’t think it’s right to go banging on his door saying, ‘Why is this happening or what’s with this?’
“The manager says it’s for this reason. It’s their decision and you have to get on with it and prove him wrong.”

in a different era he'd be an immense defender who no winger would want to play against, now the fuckers just have to take one knock and role around to get him booked and he's on egg shells for the rest of the match.

For a right-back steeped in the art of tackling, the gradual move away from physical contact has provided a constant challenge.

He said: “I have always enjoyed a tackle. I grew up watching my dad’s team in the Sunday league and that’s a big part of my game. Nowadays, and it has happened this season, referees will say to me, ‘You got the ball first but you went in too hard, or went in too quick’.
“The most difficult opponent I have faced was Damien Duff when he was at Blackburn. He was lightning.
“Years ago, the mentality was to make your mark first, so they wouldn’t be able to get up and run as fast at you. You’re not going to get booked. It’s your first challenge. But now you can’t touch people, otherwise you are on a yellow card for 80 minutes.
“Sometimes you can’t get your head around it. There are ways of dealing with it. You stand up a bit more against your opponent, try to wait it out, but it is all weighted against defenders so much now.”
Valentino Blue
Valentino Blue

Number of posts : 7380
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://www.nicecupofteaandasitdown.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Bryan Fri 01 Apr 2011, 10:07 am

penile extension.... Neutral Suspect Embarassed

Bryan

Number of posts : 14338
Registration date : 2006-01-30

http://www.nba.com/heat/

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Fri 01 Apr 2011, 11:38 am

The game is in its last couple fo minutes. We're 2-0 up, and penalty!
Who takes it?
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Fri 01 Apr 2011, 11:44 am

Yankthattoffee wrote:The game is in its last couple fo minutes. We're 2-0 up, and penalty!
Who takes it?

Anyone but Hibbert. When it comes to pentalties, sentiment has no place. Designated penalty taker always.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15978
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Fri 01 Apr 2011, 11:54 am

Tonteau wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:The game is in its last couple fo minutes. We're 2-0 up, and penalty!
Who takes it?

Anyone but Hibbert. When it comes to pentalties, sentiment has no place. Designated penalty taker always.

Where's the freekin' romance in the game?
I want "remember when...." moments.

Alan Ball's round the back of the ankle pass to Tommy Wright. Usually once a game.
Franny Lee's diving demonstration.
McKenzie's back heel over Tommy Smith's head.
Jimmy Husband's rubber legs.
Andy Rankin's first ever penalty shoot out save.
Sandy Brown's own goal........
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Fri 01 Apr 2011, 12:35 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:
Tonteau wrote:
Who takes it?

Alan Ball's round the back of the ankle pass to Tommy Wright. Usually once a game.

The romance can be when hibbo finally bundles one in off his arse unknowingly. Penos is serious business. Very Happy
Tonteau
Tonteau

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Fri 01 Apr 2011, 2:02 pm

Tonteau wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
Tonteau wrote:
Who takes it?

The romance can be when hibbo finally bundles one in off his arse unknowingly. Penos is serious business. Very Happy

OK, I'll go with your scenerio, but I like the penno thing. I think Pip would consider it, but unlikely with any other captain.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Back to top Go down

Post  Valentino Blue Fri 01 Apr 2011, 2:48 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:
Tonteau wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
Tonteau wrote:
Who takes it?

OK, I'll go with your scenerio, but I like the penno thing. I think Pip would consider it, but unlikely with any other captain.

be like them giving Dunc the pen on his last game, almost backfired that time mind
Valentino Blue
Valentino Blue

Number of posts : 7380
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://www.nicecupofteaandasitdown.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Tue 05 Apr 2011, 11:29 am

Hibbo has finally scored a goal for Everton...

Spoiler:
Super
Super

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Tue 05 Apr 2011, 11:36 am

Super wrote:Hibbo has finally scored a goal for Everton...

Spoiler:

doesn't count
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Tue 05 Apr 2011, 11:44 am

Mr_Ben wrote:

Spoiler:

doesn't count

I'm still going to riot!
Super
Super

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Tue 05 Apr 2011, 12:38 pm

Spoiler:

Seems one of the lucky few was TD:

https://evertoniansof606.editboard.com/t43573-everton-training-session
Tonteau
Tonteau

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Fri 08 Jul 2011, 11:22 am

Hibbo sets his goal target........

TONY HIBBERT is refusing to set himself a goal target for next season - as long as he carries on saving goals at the other end. The Blues defender has made 273 appearances for the club - and famously scored no goals - but insists he would be happy for that drought to continue if he is still doing his primary job well.

"I'm honestly not bothered about scoring," he said. "I'm a defender and when I think about the amount of times I've saved a goal, I must have cleared about 100 goalbound shots off the line in my career. No-one ever talks about them! "Not having scored a goal really doesn't bother me."

There have been times, however, when Hibbert has gone close. And the closest he has come to breaking that deadlock has been, surprisingly, against neighbours Liverpool.

Kevin Ratcliffe, the most successful captain in Everton's history, only scored twice in his Goodison career - and one of those came in an Anfield derby match.

Hibbert can vividly recall the times he almost followed suit. "The closest I've come was in derby matches," he added. "One fell to me on the edge of the penalty area and I didn't half catch it sweet. It went straight at Pepe Reina but if I'd slightly mishit it, maybe shanked it, it would have flown in either side of him. "Then there was a header at Goodison against Liverpool. I'd come on as a sub and when I connected I thought ‘this is going in!' "But it wasn't to be.

"I'm obviously saving it up for a derby match! I honestly have no idea what I'd do if I do score. People always ask me if I've got a celebration lined up and I haven't. I'd probably just look out for Ossie (Leon Osman) and I think he would probably be more excited than me."
Super
Super

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz Fri 08 Jul 2011, 11:27 am

If he was to score and we werent first on MOTD id burn down the BBC!

Number of posts : 26901
Registration date : 2006-01-22

http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Fri 08 Jul 2011, 1:57 pm

Bluejags wrote:If he was to score and we werent first on MOTD id burn down the BBC!
Have we EVER been first on MOTD!?
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74368
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser Fri 08 Jul 2011, 2:07 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
Bluejags wrote:If he was to score and we werent first on MOTD id burn down the BBC!

Once in 1994 I think, when we nearly got relegated against Wimbledon.

Number of posts : 13161

Back to top Go down

Post  Statman Fri 08 Jul 2011, 4:17 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:

Of course we have. Most of the times when we lose to the BBC4.
Statman
Statman

Number of posts : 7093
Registration date : 2005-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz Tue 20 Sep 2011, 4:09 pm

Dont its been mentioned but that was a superb block by Hibbert on Moses after the ball came back off the crossbar which could easily have made it 2-2. And not to mention the cross that Pip could only dream of for Tolos goal. The captain could be barking out orders for some time from the sideline. Fair play Hibbo.. 2: Tony Hibbert - He Scores When He Wants!! - Page 7 Action-s 2: Tony Hibbert - He Scores When He Wants!! - Page 7 Action-s

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Tue 20 Sep 2011, 4:10 pm

Bluejags wrote:Dont its been mentioned but that was a superb block by Hibbert on Moses after the ball came back off the crossbar which could easily have made it 2-2. And not to mention the cross that Pip could only dream of for Tolos goal. The captain could be barking out orders for some time from the sideline. Fair play Hibbo.. 2: Tony Hibbert - He Scores When He Wants!! - Page 7 Action-s 2: Tony Hibbert - He Scores When He Wants!! - Page 7 Action-s

Neville can whip in a decent cross. Unfair to suggest otherwise.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Back to top Go down

Post  Bryan Tue 20 Sep 2011, 4:39 pm

Tonteau wrote:
Bluejags wrote:Dont its been mentioned but that was a superb block by Hibbert on Moses after the ball came back off the crossbar which could easily have made it 2-2. And not to mention the cross that Pip could only dream of for Tolos goal. The captain could be barking out orders for some time from the sideline. Fair play Hibbo.. 2: Tony Hibbert - He Scores When He Wants!! - Page 7 Action-s 2: Tony Hibbert - He Scores When He Wants!! - Page 7 Action-s

Yeah, agreed there remember his cross in for Leon Osman v City last season, they are both limited players but have the ability to put a cross in.

Bryan

Number of posts : 14338
Registration date : 2006-01-30

http://www.nba.com/heat/

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Tue 20 Sep 2011, 5:26 pm

They are both about 50/50. 50% are decent crosses, the other 50% are shite.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22536
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz Tue 20 Sep 2011, 5:39 pm

Tonteau wrote:

Not saying he cant, but perhaps Hibbo does better.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next